PDA

View Full Version : All this decision sh*t is why Lebron can never be compared to Kobe or MJ

sportsfan76
07-10-2014, 10:10 PM
They never bounced around to chase rings, instead they remained with the same team for years and delivered. They allowed management to build round them not jump from team to team like a front running b*tch. I have never seen such a pathetic excuse for a superstar in my entire NBA life. Why can't he just be normal and stay with the Heat instead of leaving like a Homo in the night because of a Finals loss?

He is making himself look very bad right now and I can see why so many want him to fail. Pathetic:facepalm

Derka
07-10-2014, 10:12 PM
I can't see how going to the Cavs is ring-chasing in the slightest. New coach, new GM, lots of young guys with a lot of upside and zero playoff experience. That's not a guaranteed situation for a title at all.

PS - Kobe was crying for a trade before Dr. Buss and Mitch bought him teammates.

TylerOO
wah wah wah nobody cares. go hide under ur bed

scandisk_
They never bounced around to chase rings, instead they remained with the same team for years and delivered. They allowed management to build round them not jump from team to team like a front running b*tch. I have never seen such a pathetic excuse for a superstar in my entire NBA life. Why can't he just be normal and stay with the Heat instead of leaving like a Homo in the night because of a Finals loss?

He is making himself look very bad right now and I can see why so many want him to fail. Pathetic:facepalm

By going home Lebron wants to prove that this is shiet

http://i.imgur.com/Nks2eaE.jpg

Goldrush25
07-10-2014, 10:14 PM
I thought him staying with the Heat is the ring-chasing part. Now him going to Cleveland, CLEVELAND, is ring chasing?

Maybe he's that good that anywhere he goes from here on out has a chance to win a championship. You're indirectly providing testimony to his greatness.:oldlol:

J Shuttlesworth
07-10-2014, 10:16 PM
lol @ going to cleveland = ring chasing

sportsfan76
07-10-2014, 10:20 PM
I thought him staying with the Heat is the ring-chasing part. Now him going to Cleveland, CLEVELAND, is ring chasing?

Maybe he's that good that anywhere he goes from here on out has a chance to win a championship. You're indirectly providing testimony to his greatness.:oldlol:

Superstars are not supposed to bounce from team to team

KingPush
07-10-2014, 10:21 PM
Prime Kobe only had 2 seasons with a shitty roster :oldlol:

Lebron spent his whole career in Cleveland with a crap supporting cast

IMObjective
07-10-2014, 10:22 PM
Cleveland is still a better basketball situation for him than current Miami. Maybe not as good as clippers, rockets, bulls, etc, but still a step up.

KBaller33
07-10-2014, 10:25 PM
Oh look, this thread again.

Derka
07-10-2014, 10:25 PM
Cleveland is still a better basketball situation for him than current Miami.
We don't know that, though. All Riley has done is use his exceptions. We don't know how he's used his salary cap.

Derka
07-10-2014, 10:26 PM
Superstars are not supposed to bounce from team to team

Dat delusion tho :roll:

IMObjective
07-10-2014, 10:27 PM
We don't know that, though. All Riley has done is use his exceptions. We don't know how he's used his salary cap.
Fair point. Cleveland's a safer bet then.

edrick
07-10-2014, 10:32 PM
Ring chasing means going to a team that has never won a ring, and hasn't made the playoffs since he left? :bowdown:

SouBeachTalents
07-10-2014, 10:35 PM

LeBron clearly took the reigns from Wade and was obviously the best player on the Heat the past 3 postseasons, two of which Wade struggled in

RoundMoundOfReb
07-10-2014, 10:35 PM
Shaquille O'neal

russwest0
07-10-2014, 10:36 PM
I can't see how going to the Cavs is ring-chasing in the slightest. New coach, new GM, lots of young guys with a lot of upside and zero playoff experience. That's not a guaranteed situation for a title at all.

PS - Kobe was crying for a trade before Dr. Buss and Mitch bought him teammates.

I agree that going to the Cavs isn't really ring chasing but the criticism there comes from leaving Miami the instant the going gets even a little bit tough.

SupermanOnSteroids
07-10-2014, 10:39 PM
cleveland has a lot of assets to offer. with lebron on that team it is bound to be considered a title contender. also lebron wants them to add another veteran star to the team hence the wiggins for love trade talks. any team with kyrie/james/love is an instant contender. plus cleveland would also be signing the usual lebron hanger oners like ray allen and mike miller to add depth. much better situation than he's in with the heat and their aging under performing superstars who could only add josh mcroberts and a washed up danny granger. the point is simple - bail at the first sign of trouble.

stalkerforlife
07-10-2014, 10:40 PM

:applause:

stalkerforlife
07-10-2014, 10:41 PM

:lebronamazed:

coin24
07-10-2014, 10:43 PM
Prime Kobe only had 2 seasons with a shitty roster :oldlol:

Lebron spent his whole career in Cleveland with a crap supporting cast

Wow 60+ win teams are crap?

Angel Face
07-10-2014, 10:45 PM
He isn't comparable at all. Dude just lost a Finals series suddenly wants to bolt out of Miami. Heat won 2* rings in 4 Finals appearances. Him and the Heat should be thinking revenge... instead, he pussied out again and is looking for a better team. He knows Wade, Bosh and Allen is getting old. LeAsterisk wants it easy.

Kvnzhangyay
07-11-2014, 12:27 AM
He isn't comparable at all. Dude just lost a Finals series suddenly wants to bolt out of Miami. Heat won 2* rings in 4 Finals appearances. Him and the Heat should be thinking revenge... instead, he pussied out again and is looking for a better team. He knows Wade, Bosh and Allen is getting old. LeAsterisk wants it easy.

So even winning a single ring is bad now? 4 years in miami > everything he did b4 in Cleveland so who cares, it worked out the way he wanted it to

And if u talk about that pep rally shit about the not one, not two, etc., it was a ****ing rally. What is he supposed to say when asked that? "I objectively think we will only win one ring, but I remain hopeful we win two"

TheMan
07-11-2014, 02:07 AM
:biggums:

Soundwave
07-11-2014, 02:09 AM
We talking about the same Kobe that cried and demanded a trade out because he didn't have top flight talent around him (after driving out the team's star center?). The one who threatened to sign with the Clippers or Bulls? That Kobe? :lol

Appreciate the 80s/90s, so much less bullsh*t from the superstar players, they just went to work and didn't complain nearly as much.

ihatetimthomas
07-11-2014, 03:51 AM

At least with guys who ring chase or demand better teammates you know where their motives are. And thats winning a title. When guys chase other situations other than the best place for them to win, then you know their heads are not truly focused on winning. Its bettering their situation wether that be money, location, opportunities, etc.

el gringos
07-11-2014, 04:20 AM
Your thread title is the only thing keeping he and Carmelo from going to the Lakers. Levon's only choices are Cleveland of staying Miami. Carmelo's only choice is Knicks.

T_L_P
07-11-2014, 04:38 AM
Going back to Cleveland isn't ringchasing. It's just a little disappointing that he'd leave a team he's gone to four consecutive Finals with.

I can see why people would want him to leave from a fan perspective though. In all honesty Miami plays some of the most boring basketball I've ever had the displeasure of watching. Cavs LeBron was exciting as **** though.

navy
07-11-2014, 04:40 AM
Going back to Cleveland isn't ringchasing. It's just a little disappointing that he'd leave a team he's gone to four consecutive Finals with.

I can see why people would want him to leave from a fan perspective though. In all honesty Miami plays some of the most boring basketball I've ever had the displeasure of watching. Cavs LeBron was exciting as **** though.
I see you've never watched the Spurs. :oldlol:

T_L_P
07-11-2014, 04:43 AM
I see you've never watched the Spurs. :oldlol:

Care to explain?

GimmeThat
07-11-2014, 04:46 AM
well.

It's a fair statement.
some people still rank Wilt as one of the best, if not the second best player ever played.

But should ball players be more concerned about how OTHER ball players feel about their skill sets. Or just how the fans feel about them?

it's up for debate.

but this might suggest Lebron has more friends in the NBA than others would like to assume.

navy
07-11-2014, 04:46 AM
Care to explain?
Seems self explanatory.....

navy
07-11-2014, 04:48 AM
It's a fair statement.
Disagree. People need to stop being so emotional and judge players by the sports they play.

T_L_P
07-11-2014, 04:49 AM
Seems self explanatory.....

Really? People were gushing about how well the Spurs have played the past few years. Many, including Magic Johnson, have called it beautiful. I mean, we're probably the best passing team in decades! We also have two of the most creative players this league has ever seen.

The Spurs in Duncan's prime are a different story.

navy
07-11-2014, 04:51 AM
Really? People were gushing about how well the Spurs have played the past few years. Many, including Magic Johnson, have called it beautiful. I mean, we're probably the best passing team in decades! We also have two of the most creative players this league has ever seen.

Past 4 years I can guarentee you I can find more exciting plays from the Heat than the new offensive Spurs. :confusedshrug:

T_L_P
07-11-2014, 04:53 AM
Past 4 years I can guarentee you I can find more exciting plays from the Heat than the new offensive Spurs. :confusedshrug:

Please do.

GimmeThat
07-11-2014, 04:53 AM

how many rings would Isiah Thomas win with KAJ

we can even forget about the show time.

but Thomas with Scott/Worthy and KAJ

GimmeThat
07-11-2014, 04:57 AM
Please do.

I thought that Chris Bosh pass to Ray Allen was kinda exciting

didn't get to watch it live though

Blackghozt
07-11-2014, 05:10 AM

1. If Phil Jackson doesn't go to bulls or lakers kobe/Jordan would have left.
2. Lebron left Cleveland because they didn't put pieces in place to win.
Most Superstars leave the team cause they don't get proper help or coach.
If you look at all kobe and Jordan rings there are all tied to Phil Jackson.
This post makes no sense.

navy
07-11-2014, 05:21 AM
Please do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvagj1_C2to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngJSHNxtSko
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uaH8qT0a-U

Throw in the alley oop dunks, Wade and Lebron posters and blocks, euro steps and and1s, and Ray Allen threes and there you go. :confusedshrug:

Roundball_Rock
07-11-2014, 08:46 AM

:applause:

:lol at MJ always being invoked in this. Free agency did not even exist until the late 80's, at which point the Bulls were contenders. MJ actually did threaten to leave for New York after the 96' season (to play with superstar Patrick Ewing) if the Bulls did not pony up $33 million. MJ also threatened to retire if the Bulls did not "stack" the team by retaining Pippen and Jackson. As soon as the Bulls let them go, MJ promptly followed through on his threat. The Bulls built such a strong team that even without MJ they were championship contenders (albeit weaker). When Lebron left Cleveland they went from 63 wins to 19 wins and have missed the playoffs four years in a row in a weak conference.

Kobe? He has been on a bad team for a grand total of three years--and after that period he was demanding a trade to a contender and ultimately was not traded because what LA wanted from CHI would not allow the Bulls to be a great team. Kobe wanted to "stack" the Bulls with Deng.

MJ spent 3 years on a bad team. His team was improving every year that he played until 1992. Kobe started his career with a team that was a contender and with the best player in the league. Their situations are not comparable to LeBrons at all.

riseagainst
07-11-2014, 11:43 AM
as a lebron fan, I agree with OP. Ring chaser...

Stringer Bell
07-11-2014, 01:33 PM
:oldlol: at mentioning Kobe

How many times did he ask to be traded again? I lost count. He was even calling other teams' GMs asking them to trade for him.