PDA

View Full Version : How much did winning 2 rings help Bosh and Wade's legacy?

MavsSuperFan
07-09-2014, 02:13 AM
Personally I dont think it did much for either of their legacies.

Gasol's 2 rings helped his legacy way more than bosh's 2 rings.

IMO dirk's 1 ring helped his legacy way more than bosh's 2 rings.

KG's 1 ring helped his legacy way more than bosh's 2 rings.

If anything Wade's legacy was hurt from 2012 on wards.

STATUTORY
07-09-2014, 02:15 AM
pretty much nothing, Lebron sabotaged wade's last chance at glory and fmvp in 2011, then just completely reduced wade to full on sidekick after that. Wade went from the undisputed king of miami to a jester in Lebron's court

coin24
07-09-2014, 02:15 AM

KD's 1 ring helped his legacy way more than bosh's 2 rings.

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

STATUTORY
07-09-2014, 02:16 AM
feel bad for wade, dude got done dirty

dreamwarrior
07-09-2014, 02:17 AM
Nothing. Barely did anything for Bron too. The guy who benefited the most was Ray Allen.

BasedTom
07-09-2014, 02:20 AM
He probably meant Kevin Garnett. Hubie Brown makes that mistake all the time when he calls games.

BasedTom
07-09-2014, 02:22 AM
feel bad for wade, dude got done dirty
Could have fooled me. You've already went from hating Bran's guts to slurping his every move. Even though he's pretty much done absolutely nothing yet at this point in time. All the while shitting on Wade.

KD's 1 ring helped his legacy way more than bosh's 2 rings.

He hurt his legacy? I doubt you've been watching him much at all beyond these last Finals.

Even your boy Dirk came back out of shape and had a bad year after he won in 2011. He's admitted it himself. That doesn't hurt his accomplishments of the past and his already established status.

STATUTORY
07-09-2014, 02:24 AM
Could have fooled me. You've already went from hating Bran's guts to slurping his every move. Even though he's pretty much done absolutely nothing yet at this point in time. All the while shitting on Wade.
as i shat on wade, i started feeling bad for him. next few seasons gonna be tough, rough way to end a career

JT123
07-09-2014, 02:27 AM
Has done nothing for Bosh's legacy, as no one respects him, not even other NBA players. :lol
It has done wonders for Wade though. Wade's last 2 rings make sure that no one will remember him as a one ring wonder, which is where Wade's legacy was headed before Lebron came to town.

Fudge
07-09-2014, 02:31 AM
Has done nothing for Bosh's legacy, as no one respects him, not even other NBA players. :lol
It has done wonders for Wade though. Wade's last 2 rings make sure that no one will remember him as a one ring wonder, which is where Wade's legacy was headed before Lebron came to town.
And where was LeBron's legacy heading before he came to town? :oldlol: :oldlol:

JT123
07-09-2014, 02:36 AM
And where was LeBron's legacy heading before he came to town? :oldlol: :oldlol:
Doesn't matter, Lebron won as the alpha. Bron could have won rings on several other teams, he just went to Miami because he couldn't stand seeing his best buddy lose in the first round year after year. :lol

Fudge
07-09-2014, 02:38 AM
Doesn't matter, Lebron won as the alpha. Bron could have won rings on several other teams, he just went to Miami because he couldn't stand seeing his best buddy lose in the first round year after year. :lol
I'm sure, little buddy. :oldlol: :oldlol:

bdreason
07-09-2014, 02:40 AM
It will help. In 20 years people will look back and just see the rings without much context. Wade with 3 rings will be remembered more fondly than Wade with 1 ring. Bosh with 2 rings will be be remembered more fondly than Bosh with no rings.

dubeta
07-09-2014, 02:42 AM
considering wade and bosh were glorified role players then not much. If either of them actually produced in a high level consistently then maybe it would have helped.

MavsSuperFan
07-09-2014, 02:43 AM
lol KG hahaha

GimmeThat
07-09-2014, 02:43 AM
Jerry Colangelo probably respects them

he's only in charge of the U.S National team.

BasedTom
07-09-2014, 02:48 AM
as i shat on wade, i started feeling bad for him. next few seasons gonna be tough, rough way to end a career
That's entirely relative. You have people like Brandon Roy out there...then there's the Stephon Marbury-s and Gilbert Arenas-es of the world. Hell, Magic got freaking HIV.

Larry Bird and Isiah Thomas eventually had to retire early because of injuries. Wade has looked broken, but he still very well might either:
1. Win Championships or at least go on deep playoff runs because of Bran staying
or
2. Get massively overpaid beyond what he can actually contribute because Bran leaving and the team going tank-mode.

Wade ****ed up his meniscus in college, and has had a ton injuries since then (such as 2004-05). Yet he still had a damn good career and is one of the top players to ever play his position. He brought the team their first championship and has played every game of his career as a member of the Heat.

If you want to feel sorry about Wade, feel sorry because we'll likely never see the same great performances by him again. Not because this is a particularly bad way to end a career, or because winning another 2 titles is somehow supposed to hurt his legacy.

MavsSuperFan
07-09-2014, 02:49 AM

He hurt his legacy? I doubt you've been watching him much at all beyond these last Finals.

Even your boy Dirk came back out of shape and had a bad year after he won in 2011. He's admitted it himself. That doesn't hurt his accomplishments of the past and his already established status.

:lol Its the miami heat, they get tons of prime time games. You cant help but watch them.
Wade has been so inconsistent these last few years. There are flashes of brilliance but everybody in the media has been talking about his knees just arent healthy.

I dont think dirk has helped his legacy much post 2011

theaussieguy
07-09-2014, 03:13 AM
the reality is bosh will just become another name forgotten on a long list of former players that played at a very high level at some point during their career. It seems every few months theres a new thread about an old player that has been forgotten by time that at some point put up statistically very good numbers.

The only place its going to hurt bosh's legacy, and many others for that matter, is in the only place such a thing is recognized and that is in discussion between basketball fanatics whether in conversation or on a forum like this.

SamuraiSWISH
07-09-2014, 03:20 AM
Wade was a champ regardless, he basically boosted LeBron's entire legacy. As did Ray Allen. Didn't do anything for Bosh. LeBron sabotaged Wade's 2011 FMVP, and another ring. Wade sabotaged LeBron's 2014 FMVP, and another ring. They're square now.