PDA

View Full Version : ignoring the fact he is being listed as a '3'...

JtotheIzzo
07-03-2014, 11:37 AM
...where would a Irving/Wiggins backcourt rank in the NBA today?

Gotta be top 3.

but, but, but Jizzo, Wiggins is a 3...nonsense, Waiters is out the door now that Irving resigned, Wiggins will move to two and someone like Gordon Hayward (or...gasp...BRAN!)will be brought in to play the three.

Jailblazers7
07-03-2014, 11:43 AM
Are you saying future Top 3? There are a bunch of back courts that are arguably better if we are talking next year.

Wall/Beal
Lowry/Derozan
Curry/Thompson
Lillard/Matthews
Paul/Redick
Parker/Manu

I can see a convincing argument for all those as better until we get to see Wiggins in actions.

chocolatethunder
07-03-2014, 11:45 AM
...where would a Irving/Wiggins backcourt rank in the NBA today?

Gotta be top 3.

but, but, but Jizzo, Wiggins is a 3...nonsense, Waiters is out the door now that Irving resigned, Wiggins will move to two and someone like Gordon Hayward (or...gasp...BRAN!)will be brought in to play the three.
Wiggins shot is underrated for sure but his handle is garbage so I'm not sure if I'd say top 3. Apart from an occasional 3, I anticipate his points coming from transition at least this year. As his handle and shot get better he will be really good. I'm not wild about Irving but he is really fast and can score.

Jameerthefear
07-03-2014, 11:46 AM
backcourts? quite a few are better...

ralph_i_el
07-03-2014, 11:50 AM
I'll take wall-beal and a bunch of other backcourts over that. Unless you think Wiggins is actually going to be able to score in the half court as a rook?

Jailblazers7
07-03-2014, 11:52 AM
It is actually surprising to try to come up with better combos. I thought it would be much easier but looking at the teams really makes you realize that the SG position blows right now. Westbrook + anyone should be a no brainer but Thabo is so bad sometimes.

Jameerthefear
07-03-2014, 11:55 AM
curry+klay
dragic+bledsoe
paul+redick

OmniStrife
07-03-2014, 11:55 AM
Are you saying future Top 3? There are a bunch of back courts that are arguably better if we are talking next year.

Wall/Beal
Lowry/Derozan
Curry/Thompson
Lillard/Matthews
Paul/Redick
Parker/Manu

I can see a convincing argument for all those as better until we get to see Wiggins in actions.
Dragic/Bledsoe?

NuggetsFan
07-03-2014, 12:03 PM
Dragic/Bledsoe?

I'd take the ones he listed + Dragic and Bledsoe too. Lawson and AA as well. If were talking about winning games next season and next season alone. If you take the future into consideration I think they'd be #1. Wiggins will be a rookie and is still pretty raw plus Irving has never actually made the playoffs before, hard to put that duo top 3 right now.

-Lebron23-
07-03-2014, 12:05 PM
You really like to hype up your fellow Canadian players, don't you? :oldlol:

D-FENS
07-03-2014, 12:06 PM
Wall and Beal are the best right now, or whoever is teamed with Chris Paul

Jailblazers7
07-03-2014, 12:08 PM
Yeah, forgot Dragic/Bledsoe and I didn't realize Afflalo was with Lawson now so I'd probably roll with that one too.

Jameerthefear
07-03-2014, 12:14 PM
oh yeah lawson + aa should be really good.

NuggetsFan
07-03-2014, 12:22 PM
Depending on how Rose looks healthy he and Butler is pretty nice. Not as flashy as Wiggins/Irving in name value.

If Boston keeps Rondo he and Smart could be another really good backcourt, Rondo has become pretty underrated and can keep pace with Irving at his best and while Wiggins will be the better player down the line I could see he and Smart having similar rookie seasons. If they roll them both out at the 1/2.

Backcourts are kinda weak. Wiggins/Irving down the line could really be the runaway favorite :lol

GimmeThat
07-03-2014, 12:41 PM
because Harden + whoever isn't going to be up there with the list right?

El Gato Negro
07-03-2014, 12:44 PM
the back court of kyrie and dion will be better this year than the back court of kyrie and andrew. we will see plenty of both.

Jailblazers7
07-03-2014, 12:45 PM
I left Harden off mostly because I don't think very highly of Pat Bev. Harden + anyone and Westbrook + anyone are probably better but I can't bring myself to admit it lol.

OmniStrife
07-03-2014, 12:46 PM
because Harden + whoever isn't going to be up there with the list right?
Not on defense they won't... Although Kyrie is hardly a stopper himself. :oldlol:

GimmeThat
07-03-2014, 12:49 PM
Not on defense they won't... Although Kyrie is hardly a stopper himself. :oldlol:

was Kirk Hinrich ever a top 15 PG in the league? maybe top 10 in his peak?

what do you think?

JtotheIzzo
07-04-2014, 07:20 AM
You really like to hype up your fellow Canadian players, don't you? :oldlol:

LOVE, would be more accurate.

Ass Dan
07-05-2014, 01:10 AM
GS >>>>

for now anyways