PDA

View Full Version : If you were a Celtic fan, would it be weird to stan Kobe?

Cocaine80s
07-01-2014, 07:05 PM
Just curious, what do you guys think of this?

DaSeba5
07-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Definitely. That would mean I would be a stan of my biggest rivals' player.

Cocaine80s
07-01-2014, 07:08 PM
Definitely
interesting... would like to hear from an actual celtic fan like Black and White :D

Mr Exlax
07-01-2014, 07:10 PM
It just ain't right. You have to pick one or the other. It's OK to respect his skills and shit, but damn you can't root for one cause it's shitting on the other.

Derka
07-01-2014, 07:17 PM
Weird is an understatement. Heretical would be more appropriate.

I appreciate the guy's skill and talent, for sure...but much like it was with Magic Johnson, I'll be vocal about it when he's no longer playing against my Celtics.

Black and White
07-01-2014, 07:20 PM
So because I defend Kobe when people say Gasol > Kobe that means I stan him?

Do you see me here saying Kobe is the GOAT or Kobe > MJ? Thats what I think a stan does.

I have said time and time again that I like him because of is game play/skill set because he is old school, do I care if he wins? No, I want the Celtics to crush him and the Lakers.

Droid101
07-01-2014, 07:22 PM
Please. Just because I'm a Laker fan doesn't mean I'm going to say something like... Walter McCarty was better than Paul Pierce. Don't be stupid.

Mr Exlax
07-01-2014, 07:23 PM

Do you see me here saying Kobe is the GOAT or Kobe > MJ? Thats what I think a stan does.

I have said time and time again that I like him because of is game play/skill set because he is old school, do I care if he wins? No, I want the Celtics to crush him and the Lakers.

You constantly talk about Kobe and diss LeBron. You're a Kobe Stan man. It's honestly a disgrace that you claim Celtics. I'm 100% sure if you told a Celtic fan that you liked Kobe or any Laker, he'd punch you in your god damn face.

Dr. Ice
07-01-2014, 07:24 PM
It's weird to stan someone in general.

Cocaine80s
07-01-2014, 07:24 PM

woah relax man its just a question

btw why does it seem like you talk about kobe more than your team. i dont think ive ever seen u post about the celtics :lol

lakerspng
07-01-2014, 07:25 PM
You constantly talk about Kobe and diss LeBron. You're a Kobe Stan man. It's honestly a disgrace that you claim Celtics. I'm 100% sure if you told a Celtic fan that you liked Kobe or any Laker, he'd punch you in your god damn face.

you mean other than the Celtics fans that gave Kobe MVP chants and a standing ovation in Boston a couple years back?

Cocaine80s
you mean other than the Celtics fans that gave Kobe MVP chants and a standing ovation in Boston a couple years back?
Black and White was probably at that game :roll:

Derka
woah relax man its just a question

btw why does it seem like you talk about kobe more than your team. i dont think ive ever seen u post about the celtics :lol

Then you're not paying attention, which isn't all that shocking.

Black and White
07-01-2014, 07:26 PM

I don't like LeBron, thats clear, however link me to a post where I say LeBron isn't one of the greatest ever?

Are you going to make claims that I'm a stan because I like Dirk and Duncans games also?

Cocaine80s
07-01-2014, 07:26 PM
I don't like LeBron, thats clear, however link me to a post where I say LeBron isn't one of the greatest ever?

Are you going to make claims that I'm a stan because I like Dirk and Duncans games also?
but u post about kobe 24/7 tho

Mr Exlax
07-01-2014, 07:27 PM

Yep. Those same ones. One act of respect is OK. This dude is constant with the shit.

Black and White
07-01-2014, 07:28 PM

See I wouldn't do that, thats not right.

STATUTORY
:roll: celtics fans actin like the garden didn't rain down with MVP chants for Kobe

kennethgriffin
celtics/lakers isnt much of a rivalry anymore.

lakers/spurs is more of a rivalry over the last 25 years

the only fans of either team that still hold a grudge must be in their 50's and 60's by now

i personally don't feel anything cause since i started watching in 1997 the lakers and celtics met twice in the finals and split

no team really got the better of my lakers over the last 18 years either

at most i'd say the spurs are the toughest challange and kobes beatin them 4 out of 6 times

i wouldnt mind if pierce, rondo or garnett joined LA

and like statutory said. kobe is bostons MVP

Black and White
07-01-2014, 07:29 PM
but u post about kobe 24/7 tho

:biggums: I have been avoiding all the LeBron v Kobe threads as much as I can

Cocaine80s
celtics/lakers isnt much of a rivalry anymore.

lakers/spurs is more of a rivalry over the last 25 years

the only fans of either team that still hold a grudge must be in their 50's and 60's by now

i personally don't feel anything cause since i started watching in 1997 the lakers and celtics met twice in the finals and split

no team really got the better of my lakers over the last 18 years either

at most i'd say the spurs are the toughest challange and kobes beatin them 4 out of 6 times

i wouldnt mind if pierce, rondo or garnett joined LA

and like statutory said. kobe is bostons MVP
Duncan>Kobe
also kobe only has 1 mvp

Mr Exlax

I'm not gonna put forth the effort, but bro I told you I didn't even know you were a Celtics fan for the longest. It's always Kobe this and LeBron that. Either one. Rarely about the Celtics. It's constant Kobe. It's OK to like him. It's of OK to like him and still front like you're a Celtic.

lakerspng
07-01-2014, 07:30 PM
See I wouldn't do that, thats not right.

I appreciated Larry Bird as a player, but likewise I wouldn't cheer for him for one second at the Forum, for any reason. I hoped we would embarrass and crush him every single game. But I certainly admire his game.

Black and White
07-01-2014, 07:33 PM
I appreciated Larry Bird as a player, but likewise I wouldn't cheer for him for one second at the Forum, for any reason. I hoped we would embarrass and crush him every single game. But I certainly admire his game.

So how is it so hard to understand this? People keep avoiding the fact that I have brought up Dirk on many occasions, shouldn't I also be a stan of his???

Derka
07-01-2014, 07:36 PM
Lotta Lakers fans in the Garden that night of the MVP crap. Lakers fans travel well, even in Boston. That's just how it is with the Lakers, though.

I sure as f*ck wouldn't be caught dead chanting that crap at Kobe on our floor. :lol

kennethgriffin
Duncan>Kobe
also kobe only has 1 mvp

shaquille oneal, oscar robertson, hakeem olajuwon, babe ruth, maurice richard, ken griffey jr and many other legends only have 1 mvp

steve nash has 2 of them

its just the media's opinion and they hold grudges. kobes been the medias public enemy #1 over the last 15 years

and i think kobes better than duncan all time becuase

A) kobe would never be 2nd best player to manu in 2005 ( 20ppg 60% > 20ppg 40% )

B) kobe would never be 2nd best player to parker in 2007 ( fmvp )

c) kobe would never be 2nd best player to leonard in 2014 ( fmvp )

simple facts. its about what you do for your titles. not just how many you have.

kobes been stellar for all of his and only guy who could ever outperform kobe even slightly is prime shaq

plus kobe beat duncan 3 times without home court advantage out of the 4 times he's beatin him

Black and White
Lotta Lakers fans in the Garden that night of the MVP crap. Lakers fans travel well, even in Boston. That's just how it is with the Lakers, though.

I sure as f*ck wouldn't be caught dead chanting that crap at Kobe on our floor. :lol

This

Derka
07-01-2014, 07:38 PM
This

My father would somehow know it if I did and would fly 1,200 miles to quite simply kill me.

Cocaine80s
07-01-2014, 07:38 PM
shaquille oneal, oscar robertson, hakeem olajuwon, babe ruth, maurice richard, ken griffey jr and many other legends only have 1 mvp

steve nash has 2 of them

its just the media's opinion and they hold grudges. kobes been the medias public enemy #1 over the last 15 years

and i think kobes better than duncan all time becuase

A) kobe would never be 2nd best player to manu in 2005 ( 20ppg 60% > 20ppg 40% )

B) kobe would never be 2nd best player to parker in 2007 ( fmvp )

c) kobe would never be 2nd best player to leonard in 2014 ( fmvp )

simple facts. its about what you do for your titles. not just how many you have.

kobes been stellar for all of his and only guy who could ever outperform kobe even slightly is prime shaq

plus kobe beat duncan 3 times without home court advantage out of the 4 times he's beatin him

:oldlol: :oldlol:
just wanted to see ur reaction. idc about duncan's ranking

kennethgriffin
07-01-2014, 07:39 PM

no lakers fans were in the garden... just kobe fans who cheer for boston whenever kobe isnt playing

they have boston jerseys

they live in boston

they watch the games

but kobe stole their heart and ran with it all the way up and down the court for 48 minutes while mvp chants rained from the bleachers

Cocaine80s
07-01-2014, 07:40 PM
no lakers fans were in the garden... just kobe fans who cheer for boston whenever kobe isnt playing

they have boston jerseys

they live in boston

they watch the games

but kobe stole their heart and ran with it all the way up and down the court for 48 minutes while mvp chants rained from the bleachers
agreed :cheers:

BlackWhiteGreen
07-01-2014, 07:47 PM

they have boston jerseys

they live in boston

they watch the games

So they aren't Celtics fans.

Black and White
07-01-2014, 07:48 PM

they have boston jerseys

they live in boston

they watch the games

Thats not a Celtic fan

Derka
07-01-2014, 07:54 PM

they have boston jerseys

they live in boston

they watch the games

Not only are those not Celtics fans, but what you're describing 100% never happened. There are always plenty of Lakers jerseys in the house when the Lakers come to town.

CelticBaller
07-01-2014, 08:10 PM
I love kobe

Heatles201
07-01-2014, 08:25 PM

Threads not about you bro just a question in general

TheMilkyBarKid
07-01-2014, 08:27 PM
It's more he's a terrible, biased poster who attempts to look impartial. He doesn't deserve to be a fan of a class organization like the celtics.

Heatles201
07-01-2014, 08:29 PM
Its one thing appreciating his game, but to praise him and defend him constantly you aren't a true fan.

Black and White
07-01-2014, 08:31 PM
Threads not about you bro just a question in general

Nah the thread is about me, he revealed that in th 3rd post I think.

triangleoffense
07-01-2014, 08:31 PM
stan is a weird word in itself. Mutual respect maybe but a kobe homer celtics fan, hell no. and we don't waant any celtics cheering for our players either GTFO

convoluted much?

Heatles201
07-01-2014, 08:32 PM

Missed that my bad homie

Black and White
07-01-2014, 08:32 PM
Missed that my bad homie

All good :cheers:

TheMilkyBarKid
07-01-2014, 08:34 PM
People are talking about you!! How good is that?!?

Black and White
07-01-2014, 08:35 PM
People are talking about you!! How good is that?!?

I don't really care, but he should adjust the OP then and single me out haha.

TheMilkyBarKid
07-01-2014, 08:46 PM
I don't really care, but he should adjust the OP then and single me out haha.
Na he shouldn't, just like no one on here should waste time on trolls/strongly biased & irrational posters (although I do a little bit here and there).
This is a basketball forum, it shouldn't drop to the level of discussing posters, although this can be used when establishing someone as credible/shit.
It is beyond obvious that a lot of losers on here enjoy attention and reactions, so why give them that.
Now go root a sheep ya dirty kiwi.

ProfessorMurder
07-01-2014, 08:46 PM
F*ck Kobe.

PickernRoller
07-01-2014, 08:47 PM
I respect the sh1t out of Pierce and I am a Laker fan. Nothing wrong with that.

Sun fans however, f'ck their hole franchise and Nash.

raprap
07-01-2014, 08:48 PM
B&W is clearly a kobe fan and a lebron hater. Is he a celtic fan aswell? I dont even know. :lol

Black and White
07-01-2014, 08:48 PM
F*ck Kobe.

People here claim I never talk about the Celtics, surely you could explain some of the discussions we have had in the BTE

Milbuck
07-01-2014, 09:03 PM
I have seen OP make a respectable basketball post literally about 3 or 4 times..everything else has been some attempt or another to call out posters or certain fan bases, and stanning Lebron or Zach ****ing Lavine. Dude is the quintessential fair-weather, ignorant, bandwagoning dickhead stan on this forum and he's going around trying to expose people? :lol

Cocaine80s
07-01-2014, 09:23 PM
I have seen OP make a respectable basketball post literally about 3 or 4 times..everything else has been some attempt or another to call out posters or certain fan bases, and stanning Lebron or Zach ****ing Lavine. Dude is the quintessential fair-weather, ignorant, bandwagoning dickhead stan on this forum and he's going around trying to expose people? :lol
Stfu Robert

Droid101
07-01-2014, 09:25 PM
http://forgotston.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/murders1.gif

Black and White
07-01-2014, 09:26 PM

:eek: Damn! :roll: :roll: