PDA

View Full Version : Chad Ford says Cavs have interest in Afflalo, #4, #12 for #1

GOBB
06-24-2014, 06:09 PM
via his twitter

https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/481542400922648577

Jameerthefear
06-24-2014, 06:10 PM
Shit. That's too much.

Milbuck
06-24-2014, 06:11 PM
Cleveland should take that deal and run. Don't know why Orlando would do that, take the #12 off the table and that would be more even.

Clyde
06-24-2014, 06:11 PM
being at 4 is a disaster.

pay the price and nab wiggins

Levity
06-24-2014, 06:12 PM
Who does magic take at 1?

edit: nevermind. it looks like magic fans would go ahead and draft wiggins

Jameerthefear
06-24-2014, 06:13 PM
Stop trying to get cute Henni. Unless Wiggins is supposed to be THAT good.
Draft Exum and trade AA for #9 and draft like Randle/Vonleh if they are there and whoever else.

outbreak
06-24-2014, 06:13 PM
I don't mind this trade. I would much prefer to keep the 12th pick but I'm starting to think if we plan on holding on to our current young guys we need to really focus on adding that young star rather than adding some more good support pieces which is all we will get at #4 right now. If Exum were likely to still be around at #4 I don't like this at all but with the current lay out I'd be happy.

Yesterday the rumour in orlando sites was we offered afflalo and #4 and Cavs said not unless number 12 is included.

Milbuck
06-24-2014, 06:14 PM
Draft Exum and trade AA for #9 and draft like Randle/Vonleh if they are there and whoever else.
Exum won't be there at #4, no one in the top 3 are interested in Embiid.

RedBlackAttack
I just do not understand it unless it goes down the night of the draft after the first three picks have been made and if Embiid is still on the board.

tontoz
Wow. That is a pretty big offer. Who is Orlando targeting at 1?

outbreak
06-24-2014, 06:15 PM

Exum will be gone at #4 though with Embiid's injury. No one else in the draft has a high chance of franchise player potential.

Jameerthefear
06-24-2014, 06:16 PM
I don't mind this trade. I would much prefer to keep the 12th pick but I'm starting to think if we plan on holding on to our current young guys we need to really focus on adding that young star rather than adding some more good support pieces which is all we will get at #4 right now. If Exum were likely to still be around at #4 I don't like this at all but with the current lay out I'd be happy.

Yesterday the rumour in orlando sites was we offered afflalo and #4 and Cavs said not unless number 12 is included.
I don't see that much in Wiggins. I'm not sure yet. I really don't like #12 being added.

Jameerthefear
06-24-2014, 06:17 PM
Exum will be gone at #4 though with Embiid's injury. No one else in the draft has a high chance of franchise player potential.
I mean if Wiggins is all he's cracked up to be this is a no brainer but I'm not sure. Has he even worked out for us yet? Too many questions right now. I trust Hennigan if he sees that much in Wiggins.

outbreak
Wow. That is a pretty big offer. Who is Orlando targeting at 1?
Before the lottery it was rumoured that Hennigan was high on Parker. Not sure since the lottery but I imagine it'd still be Parker or Wiggins.

Clyde
I don't see that much in Wiggins. I'm not sure yet. I really don't like #12 being added.

got to pay to play.

Jameerthefear
06-24-2014, 06:19 PM
This has to mean were making a pretty serious run at the playoffs next year then also.
Well. It could mean that.

boozehound
it is insane to me how little value afflalo has. a top 10 sg in the league with two other lottery picks? **** all that.

coin24
So magic would take wiggins or exum??

HurricaneKid
I think its a fine offer. Exum, Parker and Wiggins gone after 3. Who are you getting at 4?? I mean I have seen Vonleh come off there in mocks. Smart may be the next best but he is a duplication of Dipo. There is a jump from 2 to 3 and a CHASM between 3 and 4.

Get me one of the guys at the top and call it a day.

Clyde
06-24-2014, 06:21 PM
This has to mean were making a pretty serious run at the playoffs next year then also.
Well. It could mean that.

why would you want to be in the playoffs??

This isnt the nfl.

we aint winning a 7 game series.

Fork
06-24-2014, 06:23 PM
Too much

Le Shaqtus
Fuuuuuuck.

Just do it, 4 is the worst spot to be in. We get 1 and we take Wiggins. We already have a good young core.

Clyde
I think we're just looking at someone solid to build around.

you know an actual direction to go in.

Olidipo is not that guy

outbreak
06-24-2014, 06:24 PM
We would still be looking at another year in the lottery and I would imagine making signings next offseason to go at the play offs.

If you look at it from the cavs point of view afflalo and the number 4 on it's own isn't really enough. I also imagine we would be getting someone back to match salaries. Teams also know that Afflalo needs to be dealt and as great as he was for us this season on a contending team we all know he is a support piece and is in no way a franchise player. If Wiggins and Parker hype holds up they are both supposed to be franchise guys.

coin24
06-24-2014, 06:24 PM
Cavs still taking Embiid but at 4 then?

Shit he might still be available at 12

RedBlackAttack
06-24-2014, 06:25 PM
I think its a fine offer. Exum, Parker and Wiggins gone after 3. Who are you getting at 4?? I mean I have seen Vonleh come off there in mocks. Smart may be the next best but he is a duplication of Dipo. There is a jump from 2 to 3 and a CHASM between 3 and 4.

Get me one of the guys at the top and call it a day.
This trade would obviously be all about Embiid for the Cavs. It's pretty clear.

Le Shaqtus
If this is legit then Magic need to take it.

GOBB
Cavs still taking Embiid but at 4 then?

Shit he might still be available at 12

12? :roll: No

outbreak
I think we're just looking at someone solid to build around.

you know an actual direction to go in.

Olidipo is not that guy

exactly, at some point we have to stop taking multiple support players and take a go to franchise guy. What's the point in adding 2 more players who will likely be 3rd/4th options when we plan to contend. We have those guys already we need a star.

Jameerthefear
06-24-2014, 06:26 PM
We would still be looking at another year in the lottery and I would imagine making signings next offseason to go at the play offs.

If you look at it from the cavs point of view afflalo and the number 4 on it's own isn't really enough. I also imagine we would be getting someone back to match salaries. Teams also know that Afflalo needs to be dealt and as great as he was for us this season on a contending team we all know he is a support piece and is in no way a franchise player. If Wiggins and Parker hype holds up they are both supposed to be franchise guys.
i don't think this team needs to be in the lottery again. the tank shit has been fvcking with our players.

tontoz
06-24-2014, 06:27 PM
it is insane to me how little value afflalo has. a top 10 sg in the league with two other lottery picks? **** all that.

Yeah he had a very strong year.

Jameerthefear
exactly, at some point we have to stop taking multiple support players and take a go to franchise guy. What's the point in adding 2 more players who will likely be 3rd/4th options when we plan to contend. We have those guys already we need a star.
i get that. i just don't think wiggins or parker is a franchise guy.

Clyde
i don't think this team needs to be in the lottery again. the tank shit has been fvcking with our players.

It's the NBA Jameer,

we need a player to build around.

also there's a difference in tanking and being a bad team

Jameerthefear
06-24-2014, 06:28 PM
bulls, okc, cleveland, and charlotte we're all interested. OKC was too stupid to pull the trigger and it cost them

Le Shaqtus
06-24-2014, 06:28 PM
i get that. i just don't think wiggins or parker is a franchise guy.

If they're not then who is? At some point we have to take a shot in the dark because what we're doing right now isn't good enough.

Jameerthefear
06-24-2014, 06:29 PM
It's the NBA Jameer,

we need a player to build around.

also there's a difference in tanking and being a bad team
except we don't know if wiggins is that guy. orlando was a better team than they showed last year. they could very well make the playoffs next year if vaughn doesn't f*ck with the lineups like he did this year.

outbreak
06-24-2014, 06:29 PM

I think next year we would have a team that's good enough to crack 7 or 8 in the east POTENTIALLY. But we won't get higher than that. We may not tank fully but we aren't in play for any free agents this year, I imagine we will use next year to see how the line up of youth play and then use that offseason to sign vets to fill the gaps and then try and make a run at the play offs for real.

If we sit tight right now our young guys will jump ship. A rookie is only going to stay on his team so long if it doesn't look like their going anywhere. I'm not sold on wiggins and i personally probably prefer Parker but both of them look like they will be solid even if they don't hit star level. We lose Afflalo and a couple of picks that were less likely to be home runs.

D-Rose
06-24-2014, 06:30 PM
Trade makes sense if they think Embiid can recover and if he is still there at 4.

Other than that...it's really risky.

Fork
06-24-2014, 06:31 PM
If the Magic draft Embiid is he just going to go to the Lakers?

Le Shaqtus
06-24-2014, 06:32 PM

Shut the **** up, you're not clever.

Clyde
except we don't know if wiggins is that guy. orlando was a better team than they showed last year. they could very well make the playoffs next year if vaughn doesn't f*ck with the lineups like he did this year.

and what do we gain from making the playoffs??

revenue?

also they aint sniffing the playoffs. who would they knock out?

outbreak
Rockets already have a centre why would they want another?

BlackWhiteGreen
Cleveland should run with that, as long as Embiid is there. Afflalo gives you what the top 2 do anyway, then Embiid is a free coin flip

outbreak
06-24-2014, 06:33 PM
Trade makes sense if they think Embiid can recover and if he is still there at 4.

Other than that...it's really risky.
I don't see Embiid going top 4 anymore, if his injury is as career threatening as it seems and has been for past players I could see him dropping pretty far. Hell even if Embiid went they would still have Exum, Wiggins or Parker. If it looks like Embiid will go top 3 then the trade doesn't work for either team because Orlando could sit tight and take one of the three they want too.

Jameerthefear
06-24-2014, 06:34 PM
If they're not then who is? At some point we have to take a shot in the dark because what we're doing right now isn't good enough.
embiid

Bosnian Sajo

Vonleh #5, and it has already been reported that Randle is not dropping past #8.

Clyde
embiid

lord no.

You cant draft him anymore

outbreak
06-24-2014, 06:35 PM
embiid
embiid will have recurring foot problems through out his career. He fractured one of the main supporting bones, other players who've had the same injury have had microfractures and full fractures re succouring. Just happens at that height to some people.

Le Shaqtus
06-24-2014, 06:37 PM
embiid

Done drafting centers, that will be of no help to us, the age of Centers is done in this league, all you need is a big man that can play D.

We need to do damage at SG, SF or PF. I personally think we should go with Vonleh.

If this deal miraculously happens, we take Wiggins at the 2 or Parker at the 3, because they are as good as you're gonna get in this draft.

Jameerthefear
06-24-2014, 06:38 PM
I think next year we would have a team that's good enough to crack 7 or 8 in the east POTENTIALLY. But we won't get higher than that. We may not tank fully but we aren't in play for any free agents this year, I imagine we will use next year to see how the line up of youth play and then use that offseason to sign vets to fill the gaps and then try and make a run at the play offs for real.

If we sit tight right now our young guys will jump ship. A rookie is only going to stay on his team so long if it doesn't look like their going anywhere. I'm not sold on wiggins and i personally probably prefer Parker but both of them look like they will be solid even if they don't hit star level. We lose Afflalo and a couple of picks that were less likely to be home runs.
another retooling season then... ugh

outbreak
06-24-2014, 06:38 PM
Done drafting centers, that will be of no help to us, the age of Centers is done in this league, all you need is a big man that can play D.

We need to do damage at SG, SF or PF. I personally think we should go with Vonleh.

If this deal miraculously happens, we take Wiggins at the 2 or Parker at the 3, because they are as good as you're gonna get in this draft.

I'm happy with Vonleh right now if the deal isn't real or doesn't happen but If it happened Wiggins and Parker are both far better prospects than Vonleh.

All Net
06-24-2014, 06:39 PM
Magic are offering that? Cavs should take it...

Jameerthefear
and what do we gain from making the playoffs??

revenue?

also they aint sniffing the playoffs. who would they knock out?
do u notice how tanking has an effect on our current players? seriously

outbreak
another retooling season then... ugh

gotta be bad to be good in this league. To be honest I've enjoyed the last 2 years more than I enjoyed the last couple of years of Howard's reign. At least we have exicting young players to root for and our play style has been more fluid and fun to watch imo.

Hey Yo
06-24-2014, 06:40 PM
Magic are offering that? Cavs should take it...
Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 49m
According to @chadfordinsider - the Cavs got offered 4, 12 + Afflalo for 1 and didn't immediately say "Yes please?" That happened????

Jameerthefear
06-24-2014, 06:41 PM
embiid will have recurring foot problems through out his career. He fractured one of the main supporting bones, other players who've had the same injury have had microfractures and full fractures re succouring. Just happens at that height to some people.
i think he's the only franchise player in this draft

Jameerthefear
06-24-2014, 06:42 PM

i jjust don't know if i'm sold on those guys yet, but if hennigan sees ut then...

Clyde
06-24-2014, 06:43 PM
do u notice how tanking has an effect on our current players? seriously

and getting broomed in the first round is better.

trust me, this is the NBA, you have to be 2 things to get better?

1) be real bad for 3-4 years and build through the draft.

2) be a large market team that can attract huge star type free agents.

....which one do we fall under

the last thing you want to be is an Atlanta. constantly stuck in mediocrity

outbreak
06-24-2014, 06:44 PM
i think he's the only franchise player in this draft

A few weeks ago maybe but now I trust the doctors and NBA staff who seem to be thinking his career will be bench riding with injuries. Some teams could still get good usage out of that but it doesn't fit our situation at all.

Le Shaqtus
06-24-2014, 06:44 PM
i jjust don't know if i'm sold on those guys yet, but if hennigan sees ut then...

I'm not sold on anyone in this draft, but I'm higher on those two than I am Embiid, drafting centers has brought us nothing but trouble minus 2009, and a bunch of entitled asshole Laker fans.

Le Shaqtus
06-24-2014, 06:45 PM
the last thing you want to be is an Atlanta. constantly stuck in mediocrity

Exactly.

Meticode
06-24-2014, 06:46 PM
So the trade for Afflalo when they already have Waiters? Unless they're going to move Waiters too.

HylianNightmare
06-24-2014, 06:47 PM
That's hefty

Uncle Drew
I hate it when GM's overthink things. Pick Wiggins and be done with it.

outbreak
So the trade for Afflalo when they already have Waiters? Unless they're going to move Waiters too.

Waiters would make a great 6th man....

Hey Yo
06-24-2014, 06:48 PM
Weren't the Cavs quietly taking feelers for Waiter's not long ago?

Isn't there some friction between him and Kyrie?

Jameerthefear
06-24-2014, 06:48 PM
i wonder if we could offer just aa to move up 1-2 spots

RedBlackAttack
06-24-2014, 06:49 PM
12? :roll: No
Why are people so clueless when it comes to Embiid? I'm worried he might not be there at 4. :oldlol:

Just an FYI, Embiid was allegedly looking damn good while playing on the fracture. He had no clue there was even an issue. It could be that by being so incredibly proactive in studying his bones that the Cavs actually saved him from something much more catastrophic.

Not saying the pick wouldn't have risk attached to it, but those of you now chalking him up as a basketball casualty may be too quick to do so.

Hey Yo
06-24-2014, 06:53 PM
Why are people so clueless when it comes to Embiid? I'm worried he might not be there at 4. :oldlol:

Just an FYI, Embiid was allegedly looking damn good while playing on the fracture. He had no clue there was even an issue. It could be that by being so incredibly proactive in studying his bones that the Cavs actually saved him from something much more catastrophic.

Not saying the pick wouldn't have risk attached to it, but those of you now chalking him up as a basketball casualty may be too quick to do so.
Hard to believe that he was still working out and didn't know there was an issue. Especially when it required surgery and needs the minimum of 4mos for recovery.

outbreak
06-24-2014, 06:53 PM

You may be right but my issue is that with exum, wiggins and parker available in the top 3 I don't see how you can take a risk on embiid's injury.

outbreak
06-24-2014, 06:56 PM
Hard to believe that he was still working out and didn't know there was an issue. Especially when it required surgery and needs the minimum of 4mos for recovery.
it's a supporting bone though, fractures like this can just give slight pain but need to be repaired or they just get worse. It's the same as cricketers picking up micro fractues in their back and feet from fast bowling, sometimes they don't realise it's there but if left they turn into full fractures and just get worse.

Jameerthefear
06-24-2014, 06:58 PM
if this happens i will be the first to jump on the wiggins bandwagon. or parker...

russwest0
06-24-2014, 06:59 PM
if this happens i will be the first to jump on the wiggins bandwagon. or parker...

Future Lakers :applause:

RedBlackAttack
06-24-2014, 07:00 PM
It's the truth.

The Cavs ran Embiid through a series of physicals upon his arrival in Cleveland, all of which he reportedly passed with flying colors. They also x-rayed/MRIed his back, legs and feet, which upon cursory examination looked fine. Otherwise there's no way he would have gone through the workout.

But, he did workout for the Cavs the following day and reportedly looked incredible, even finishing the workout with a series of swished three-pointers. When he left town, there was little doubt he had cemented himself as the clear No. 1 pick.

It wasn't until after he left and doctors took a closer look at his x-rays did they spot the hairline fracture in his foot. They immediately alerted his camp and he had surgery later that day.

That's how it happened.

outbreak
06-24-2014, 07:01 PM

what about oladipo he will be jealous

Jameerthefear
06-24-2014, 07:05 PM
what about oladipo he will be jealous
oladipo will always be #1

longtime lurker
06-24-2014, 07:13 PM
I hate it when GM's overthink things. Pick Wiggins and be done with it.

This. Unless Embiid is still on the board when the Cavs pick I don't see the point in this. That would be a great team for Lebron to sign onto though.

D-FENS
06-24-2014, 07:21 PM

Waiters is perfect as a 6th man

Le Shaqtus
06-24-2014, 07:32 PM
Except I'm sure Waiters thinks he's better than a bench player and won't be happy being a 6th man on a rebuilding team.

Threethrows
06-24-2014, 07:33 PM
It's a big offer... but I honestly do consider it if I'm Orlando.

You have a much greater chance at getting a franchise player or even just a star with the number 1 pick than the others.

Honestly, we all know this draft isn't going to be as deep in stars as people are hoping. There will be busts like always, going for a potential franchise player is a better gamble than hoping to get 2 stars which is unlikely.

There may be tons of pressure to pick right at number 1 this season, but it's still a chance most teams would die to have. You have to factor in what you give up to get this chance of course, but the number 4 and 12 pick aren't really that appealing. You're just outside of the top 3 and top 10 bubbles.

If they aren't feeling lucky enough to go all in though, an alternative would be trying to move AA and the 12 to move up a bit.

RedBlackAttack
06-24-2014, 07:35 PM
Except I'm sure Waiters thinks he's better than a bench player and won't be happy being a 6th man on a rebuilding team.
Dion went along with the program last year when they were toying with that idea. If Blatt is as good a communicator as people are saying, I'm sure he could explain it to Waiters in a way that would allow him to buy-in. Dion played extremely well last year in both a starting and 6th man role. In fact, he was second in the NBA in scoring off the bench.

I think these guys are just ready to win at this point.

outbreak
06-24-2014, 07:36 PM
It's a big offer... but I honestly do consider it if I'm Orlando.

You have a much greater chance at getting a franchise player or even just a star with the number 1 pick than the others.

Honestly, we all know this draft isn't going to be as deep in stars as people are hoping. There will be busts like always, going for a potential franchise player is a better gamble than hoping to get 2 stars which is unlikely.

There may be tons of pressure to pick right at number 1 this season, but it's still a chance most teams would die to have. You have to factor in what you give up to get this chance of course, but the number 4 and 12 pick aren't really that appealing. You're just outside of the top 3 and top 10 bubbles.

If they aren't feeling lucky enough to go all in though, an alternative would be trying to move AA and the 12 to move up a bit.

I don't think this draft is hyped for stars out of the top 3, it's hyped for solid rotation and starters in the teens. butI agree with what you say.

outbreak
06-24-2014, 07:54 PM
another point to remember is that the cavs took a leap on Bennett and probably aren't happy with the way that turned out. They could have traded down and still gotten Bennett if they were that attached to him, this year if they are attached to Embiid they now have the option to trade down for him like they should have done for Bennett.

Kblaze8855
06-24-2014, 08:28 PM
I just do not understand it unless it goes down the night of the draft after the first three picks have been made and if Embiid is still on the board.

Afflalo is 28 and an 18ppg player who shot 44% from 3 on a very reasonable deal(He makes 7 million and change). You also get either Embiid or Exum....then the #12 to do with as you please. With some good drafting and a little luck it could go down as one of the best trades of this era.

It could also be a trainwreck but it would take 2 bad picks. At 4 you get someone thought of as a potential star no matter what. And since you seemed ok taking Joel #1 anyway....why not get a haul of picks and a good player too?

RedBlackAttack
06-24-2014, 08:37 PM
Afflalo is 28 and an 18ppg player who shot 44% from 3 on a very reasonable deal(He makes 7 million and change). You also get either Embiid or Exum....then the #12 to do with as you please. With some good drafting and a little luck it could go down as one of the best trades of this era.

It could also be a trainwreck but it would take 2 bad picks. At 4 you get someone thought of as a potential star no matter what. And since you seemed ok taking Joel #1 anyway....why not get a haul of picks and a good player too?
I'm fine with the deal if this is about Embiid, but again... I don't think you can do it before the draft. And, a little digging has apparently confirmed that idea.

The only way it happens is if our guy (presumably Embiid) is still on the board when the team we have a deal with is picking.

One interesting sidenote to all of this Embiid stuff...

Chad Ford is reporting that only the Cavs and Bucks have any idea what is going on with Embiid and have access to his medical records, recovery progress, longterm prognosis, etc. Now, another team like the Sixers or Jazz could take a shot in the dark with him, but that seems a bit risky, especially for the Sixers who just took an injured big man last year.

I think the reason the Cavs are seemingly targeting No. 4 with Orlando is because they're still confident Embiid is going to come out of this OK based on the results they're seeing and he may slip just out of the Top 3.

It's a risky move. If they still think Embiid is the best player in the draft and he's going to be OK, my initial reaction may be just to take him at 1. You risk a hell of a lot if you really believe in him, but are betting on the Bucks and Sixers passing to add a few more pieces.

But, you're right... if he does get to the Magic and they do pull this off, it would be a serious coup to get the guy you have ranked as the best player plus #12 in this draft and Afflalo. I'm warming up to the idea... if this is about Embiid and as long as they wait until the first three picks are done.

outbreak
06-24-2014, 08:39 PM
I'm fine with the deal if this is about Embiid, but again... I don't think you can do it before the draft. And, a little digging has apparently confirmed that idea.

The only way it happens is if our guy (presumably Embiid) is still on the board when the team we have a deal with is picking.

Chad Ford is reporting that only the Cavs and Bucks have any idea what is going on with Embiid and have access to his medical records, recovery progress, longterm prognosis, etc. Now, another team like the Sixers or Jazz could take a shot in the dark with him, but that seems a bit risky, especially for the Sixers who just took an injured big man last year.

I think the reason the Cavs are seemingly targeting No. 4 with Orlando is because they're still confident Embiid is going to come out of this OK based on the results they're seeing and he may slip just out of the Top 3.

It's a risky move. If they still think Embiid is the best player in the draft and he's going to be OK, my initial reaction may be just to take him at 1. You risk a hell of a lot if you really believe in him, but are betting on the Bucks and Sixers passing to add a few more pieces.

But, you're right... if he does get to the Magic and they do pull this off, it would be a serious coup to get the guy you have ranked as the best player plus #12 in this draft and Afflalo. I'm warming up to the idea... if this is about Embiid and as long as they wait until the first three picks are done.

I think Orlando would be happy waiting until draft night as well, if Embiid goes in the top 3 they would be happy sitting pat and taking Exum.

All Net
06-24-2014, 08:42 PM
Still think all this ends and Cavs draft Wiggins.

To4
06-24-2014, 08:44 PM
This is too much... daym..

RedBlackAttack
06-24-2014, 08:47 PM
Still think all this ends and Cavs draft Wiggins.
I'm thinking more and more that the Cavs ultimately still want to take Embiid. They're just trying to figure out a way to maximize the pick. That's my sense atm.

I think Orlando would be happy waiting until draft night as well, if Embiid goes in the top 3 they would be happy sitting pat and taking Exum.

I'm now on board. Let's do this.

outbreak
06-24-2014, 08:51 PM
I'm thinking more and more that the Cavs ultimately still want to take Embiid. They're just trying to figure out a way to maximize the pick. That's my sense atm.

Ok you go take over the cavs before the draft and I'll fly to Orlando and take over the magic. Deal? :cheers:

RedBlackAttack
06-24-2014, 08:52 PM
Ok you go take over the cavs before the draft and I'll fly to Orlando and take over the magic. Deal? :cheers:
:cheers:

Out of curiosity, any idea who the Magic are targeting at No. 1? Is it Wiggins or Parker?

All Net
06-24-2014, 08:53 PM

Maybe, they were super high on him after the workout.

coin24
06-24-2014, 08:55 PM
That's a solid deal if the cavs get Embiid afflalo and #12 holy shit..
Makes sense for the magic to try land wiggins/Parker also..

Philly must have a ton of scenarios nervous wait:lol

ihatetimthomas
06-24-2014, 08:56 PM

Why would only cavs and bucks have info about his health and medical records?

Springsteen
06-24-2014, 08:56 PM
Just draft Wiggins or Parker and trade Waiters or Thompson. Just do it.

Trading down just feels wrong.

LoneyROY7
06-24-2014, 08:59 PM
Shit. That's too much.

Wiggins >>>>> anything you can get at 4 and 12 combined. It's worth it.

outbreak
06-24-2014, 08:59 PM
:cheers:

Out of curiosity, any idea who the Magic are targeting at No. 1? Is it Wiggins or Parker?

Before the lottery it was reported they wanted to get Parker. This was before work outs though so now I think it'd be between Parker and Wiggins.

RedBlackAttack
06-24-2014, 09:04 PM
Because Embiid's people have only released them to the Cavs and Bucks. Again, that's according to Chad Ford, who was on the BS Report today with Simmons.

Meticode
06-24-2014, 09:20 PM
I was listening to the podcast about this earlier and it's because Embiid's agent is selectively releasing the records to who the choose. At this point it's only the Bucks and Cavs.

Jameerthefear
06-24-2014, 09:28 PM
also there is no way in hell this happens if Exum is there at #4. henni loves Exum. it all really depends on that. if exum is there then flip AA to bulls for #16 and #19 or flip him to Charlotte for #9 and then we're in business.

BlackVVaves
06-24-2014, 09:32 PM
Good deal for the Magic considering they lack any star talent and are still another season away from competing for the playoffs. Wiggins or Parker could potentially expedite that process.

GREAT deal for the Cavs, who already have a star on their team and are looking to build upon their sound but underperforming foundation. Great haul, can draft Embiid, plug in Affalo at the 2 or 3 seamlessly, and still draft a player to bolster their bench with the 14th.

Great, great trade for the Cavs. They should pull the trigger ASAP.

outbreak
06-24-2014, 09:32 PM
also there is no way in hell this happens if Exum is there at #4. henni loves Exum. it all really depends on that. if exum is there then flip AA to bulls for #16 and #19 or flip him to Charlotte for #9 and then we're in business.

yeah we discussed this, cavs won't do it if embiid is going top 3 either.

InfiniteBaskets
06-24-2014, 09:39 PM
If Cavs make this deal.. They may end up with a guard line up of Waiters, Irving, Exum, and Afflalo?

I'm with the draft Wiggins and be done with it crew.

outbreak
06-24-2014, 09:41 PM
If Cavs make this deal.. They may end up with a guard line up of Waiters, Irving, Exum, and Afflalo?

no they don't, this is mainly based on if embiid drops out of top 3 and exum goes top 3. They would end up with waiters irving and afflalo and likely Embiid if it's true that that's who they want still.

RedBlackAttack
06-24-2014, 09:42 PM

As far as I know, Exum is not a part of this conversation. It's about Embiid.

NattyPButter
06-24-2014, 09:44 PM
Don't want...Afflalo will not resign anyways. At 4 you u may get a 1 legged Embiid...at 12 just another rookie the Cavs don't need. Wiggins or Parker and call it a night.

noob cake
06-24-2014, 09:45 PM
This is the classic dollar for quarters kind of deal.

#12: Probably role player, $0.25
Affalo: dexlue role player, $0.5
#4: Probably all-star ceiling, $0.5

Jabari: $1
Wiggins: I think Wiggins is worth two quarters, but his supporters think he is at least $1.25

outbreak
06-24-2014, 09:45 PM
As far as I know, Exum is not a part of this conversation. It's about Embiid.
exactly if exum is still going to be there at 4 then Orlando have no motivation.

hangintheair
06-24-2014, 09:51 PM
If the Cavs badly want Embiid and Magic want Wiggins

Cavs should just draft Wiggins at first then if Embiid is still available at #4 then pull the trigger for the deal and if Embiid is already taken then move on with Wiggins.

NattyPButter
06-24-2014, 09:57 PM

Cavs should just draft Wiggins at first then if Embiid is still available at #4 then pull the trigger for the deal and if Embiid is already taken then move on with Wiggins.

and have the most injury prone contributors in the league and be laughed at by everyone in the media.

Kyrie=injury prone
AV=injury prone
Embiid=injury prone
Bennett=sleeping disorder

Jameerthefear
06-24-2014, 09:58 PM

if exum is available then the magic won't do it.

Take Your Lumps
06-24-2014, 10:04 PM
Philly's love of Wiggins is well documented.

What if Hennigans' play here is to draft Wiggins and then see what he can get out of Philly in exchange for the #3 to nab who I think their man is (Exum)? Hell, he might be able to get #10 out of them.

Jameerthefear
06-24-2014, 10:10 PM

What if Hennigans' play here is to draft Wiggins and then see what he can get out of Philly in exchange for the #3 to nab who I think their man is (Exum)? Hell, he might be able to get #10 out of them.
wouldn't even be surprised. hennigan is a genius.
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/3918885/rob-hennigan-o.gif

outbreak
06-24-2014, 10:16 PM
wouldn't even be surprised. hennigan is a genius.
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/3918885/rob-hennigan-o.gif

iq of 192 :bowdown:

RedBlackAttack
06-24-2014, 10:20 PM
This is the classic dollar for quarters kind of deal.

#12: Probably role player, $0.25
Affalo: dexlue role player, $0.5
#4: Probably all-star ceiling, $0.5

Jabari: $1
Wiggins: I think Wiggins is worth two quarters, but his supporters think he is at least $1.25
Your formula isn't taking into consideration the idea of the best prospect in the draft being the Cavs pick at 4. If he can get healthy, you're talking about a $2 player in your system. Yes, it's an *if* but I don't see him being a 50-cent piece. He's either going to play and tear sh!t up or not play and be a wasted pick. No in-between.

Here's why it makes sense for the Cavs... we're getting the player everyone in the organization believes is the best talent in the draft, but cushioning the risk with an additional pick and a good SG.

PleezeBelieve
06-24-2014, 10:21 PM

Trade won't happen till the draft, guaranteeing the Cavs get who they want @ #4

noob cake
06-24-2014, 10:23 PM
Your formula isn't taking into consideration the idea of the best prospect in the draft being the Cavs pick at 4. If he can get healthy, you're talking about a $2 player in your system. Yes, it's an *if* but I don't see him being a 50-cent piece. He's either going to play and tear sh!t up or not play and be a wasted pick. No in-between.

Here's why it makes sense for the Cavs... we're getting the player everyone in the organization believes is the best talent in the draft, but cushioning the risk with an additional pick and a good SG.

Expected value, not peak value. Embiid can have a value of 0 very easily.

hawkfan
06-24-2014, 10:23 PM
Send Anthony Bennett to the Hawks for a second round pick.

PleezeBelieve
06-24-2014, 10:24 PM
Expected value, not peak value. Embiid can have a value of 0 very easily.
Only way that happens if he doesn't play (along with anyone else). If he plays, Cavs probably feel he's the best player in the draft, which he is.

RedBlackAttack
06-24-2014, 10:36 PM
Send Anthony Bennett to the Hawks for a second round pick.
Why are you obsessively posting this?:oldlol:

poido123
06-24-2014, 10:43 PM

I'm hoping that trade happens and you guys draft embiid and he goes on to dominate the league.

This trade has the potential to haunt the magic franchise for years..

Cavs would have ridiculously stacked team if embiid works out

hawksdogsbraves
06-24-2014, 10:43 PM
Why are you obsessively posting this?:oldlol:

Shhh the boy's not quite right in the head

Jameerthefear
06-24-2014, 10:45 PM
I'm hoping that trade happens and you guys draft embiid and he goes on to dominate the league.

how does it haunt us for years? wtf? afflalo is leaving anyways. the only thing i don't like giving up is #12

outbreak
06-24-2014, 10:48 PM

the only way it haunts us for years is if we get the number 1 pick and draft someone other than wiggins, parker or exum really. For it to haunt us we would have to have done something unsual or silly with the pick. Taking a player who every other team would look at in that position isn't the kind of thing you get haunted by or worry about if it doesn't pan out.

poido123
06-24-2014, 10:55 PM
the only way it haunts us for years is if we get the number 1 pick and draft someone other than wiggins, parker or exum really. For it to haunt us we would have to have done something unsual or silly with the pick. Taking a player who every other team would look at in that position isn't the kind of thing you get haunted by or worry about if it doesn't pan out.

I am just rustling jameers jimmies up a little :lol

IF embiid turns out to be great and Wiggins turns out a Rudy Gay with defense magic will look back and regret it.

noob cake
06-24-2014, 10:56 PM
Because Embiid's people have only released them to the Cavs and Bucks. Again, that's according to Chad Ford, who was on the BS Report today with Simmons.

Not quite right.

Cavs did Embiid's physical. Bucks did Parker's physical. Arn Tellem is weird like that. Cavs and Bucks agreed to fully share physical data with each other.

Jameerthefear
06-24-2014, 10:56 PM
I am just rustling jameers jimmies up a little :lol

IF embiid turns out to be great and Wiggins turns out a Rudy Gay with defense magic will look back and regret it.
of course they will. but so will every f*cking team in the top 3. because they all made the same mistake.

GatorKid117
06-25-2014, 10:03 AM
Do it.

Get your man and be done with it.

At this point in the Magic's rebuild, quality > quantity.

El Gato Negro
06-25-2014, 10:08 AM
never happen

DMAVS41
06-25-2014, 10:09 AM
Still really like this deal for the Cavs. Wiggins/Parker aren't even the two best players in the draft. Embid is.

Afflalo, Embid, and the 12 for Wiggins? Yea...you make that deal and laugh about it 5 minutes later.

I do it even if they aren't assured of Embid, but I could see why they wouldn't...although I really think people are over-rating the shit out of Parker/Wiggins.