PDA

View Full Version : How many rings would Kobe have if he was a ring chaser and picked his teammates?

rule1223
06-23-2014, 01:52 AM
Keep in mind that he has 5 rings just working off of whoever the front office gave him, now try to imagine him in his prime choosing whatever team he wanted to join anytime his contract allowed him to, how many rings do you think he couldve have won?

SouBeachTalents
06-23-2014, 01:52 AM
Keep in mind that he has 5 rings just working off of whoever the front office gave him, now try to imagine him in his prime choosing whatever team he wanted to join anytime his contract allowed him to, how many rings do you think he couldve have won?

J Shuttlesworth
06-23-2014, 01:53 AM
Why would he leave Shaq/Phil? That was the best place he could be

T_L_P
06-23-2014, 01:57 AM
Well, he chose not to play for Charlotte, so in a way he chose every teammate he's ever played with. :bowdown:

rule1223
06-23-2014, 02:03 AM
Why would he leave Shaq/Phil? That was the best place he could be
he was a free agent in 2004, shaq and phil both left by then, he couldve signed with whatever team he wanted except for wherever shaq was and they wouldve gladly signed him, all it took was gasol for him to win his next rings, so any team better than the grizzlies wouldve been more than enough for him

Warfan
06-23-2014, 02:04 AM
:oldlol: Kobe is one of the most fortunate superstars ever, he had a bad team for like 3 years his whole career, and he wasnt even the best player for the first 7/8 years. Not to mention coaching and playing for the Lakers

AintNoSunshine
06-23-2014, 02:18 AM
:oldlol: He got a FREE ride to 3 FREE rings right out of the gate already.

BigTicket
06-23-2014, 02:21 AM
The answer is 5

We'll never know how many he would have gotten in Charlotte though.

Ne 1
06-23-2014, 02:23 AM
Well, he chose not to play for Charlotte, so in a way he chose every teammate he's ever played with. :bowdown:
This isn't accurate.

Akrazotile
06-23-2014, 02:53 AM
Except nobody actually wants to play with Kobe.

moe94
06-23-2014, 03:00 AM
Except nobody actually wants to play with Kobe.
:oldlol:

SpaceJammeR
06-23-2014, 03:04 AM
lmao at these deluded stans. whoever was given to him. yeah like phil and shaq was the worst place to start.

Ne 1
06-23-2014, 03:51 AM
Kobe and Mike won with the chips they were dealt (Scottie/Pau). They didn't need to team up with 2 of the best players from their own draft class in a cowardly attempt to stack the deck and take the easiest path possible to multiple titles. That's the difference between them and LeBron...he thinks it's just about winning and not competing for rings, he joined his competition .. His mindset is "I need to win rings in order to be great what's the easiest path to win them?" Instead if "I'm going to rip your heart out and prove I'm the best."

SuperPippen
06-23-2014, 03:55 AM
Remember that time in '07 when Kobe whined and demanded trades until the Lakers were finally able to assemble a competent supporting cast?

Kvnzhangyay
06-23-2014, 04:01 AM
Kobe and Mike won with the chips they were dealt (Scottie/Pau). They didn't need to team up with 2 of the best players from their own draft class in a cowardly attempt to stack the deck and take the easiest path possible to multiple titles. That's the difference between them and LeBron...he thinks it's just about winning and not competing for rings, he joined his competition .. His mindset is "I need to win rings in order to be great what's the easiest path to win them?" Instead if "I'm going to rip your heart out and prove I'm the best."

Yeah he was like that for a while until he realized that Mo williams =/= Scottie pippen and shaq

AintNoSunshine
06-23-2014, 04:09 AM
Yeah he was like that for a while until he realized that Mo williams =/= Scottie pippen and shaq
:oldlol:

ralph_i_el
06-23-2014, 09:38 AM

NBAplayoffs2001
06-23-2014, 09:42 AM
6 or 7 because his years from 05-07 were quite wasted and I think with his scoring ability could get him another ring or two with the right teammates. The rest of his career I think he was satisfied with the talent levels on his team

pauk
06-23-2014, 09:46 AM
Why would he do that when he was part of the biggest championship driven franchise, he was having the supporting casts handed to him on silverplates since the get go? Hell, it was actually Kobe who was part of the supporting cast handed on a silverplate to SHAQ who led them/him towards 3 straight championships....

Rooster
06-23-2014, 10:38 AM

This a revisionist version. Jerry West had this deal in the bag. All it takes was teams passing on Kobe to pull It through. There was one team who might take him. The Nets, but Kobe never worked out with them so they will never gamble on a skinny swingmen from high school (Kobe was a pioneer for perimeter players) so they picked a safety one college boy Kittles. Lakers even got rid of two of my favorite Lakers, Peeler and Lynch to create a max space to get Shaq. And as soon as Charlotte picked Kobe ( Lakers indirect pick), Jerry West master plan and vision came through. Trade Divac and signed Shaq and the rest is history.

Rooster
06-23-2014, 10:43 AM
Why would he do that when he was part of the biggest championship driven franchise, he was having the supporting casts handed to him on silverplates since the get go? Hell, it was actually Kobe who was part of the supporting cast handed on a silverplate to SHAQ who led them/him towards 3 straight championships....

Kobe took a great risk when he got rid of Shaq to win on his own. Some superstars would take the easy route and shortcuts to win some chips. :oldlol:

riseagainst
06-23-2014, 10:51 AM
this is why Kobe will always be remember as an all time great. He gets knocked for playing with Shaq and people say he can't win without him, and lebron stans even go as far to say those 3 chips count as losses. :lol :roll:

But he went to 3 consecutive finals and back to back championships after Shaq left. Proving haters wrong time and time again.

this is how you create your own legacy. Not buying it.
mad respect.
:bowdown:

Bandito
06-23-2014, 10:54 AM
So many Lebron stans here...why?

hawke812
06-23-2014, 12:17 PM

At least nine.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-23-2014, 12:49 PM
Kobe played with the arguably the GOAT center (at his peak) and multiple HOFers, nevermind arguably the GOAT coach.

When we talk about help and supporting casts, Kobe's had that luxury for most of his career.