PDA

View Full Version : Report: Chris Andersen opts out of contract to become free agent

hawkfan
06-17-2014, 12:46 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24589755/report-heats-chris-andersen-will-opt-out-become-free-agent

The beginning of the end of this era, or is it Andersen opting out and returning when LBJ/Bosh/Wade return?

Also, what will happen with Haslem? Doubt he will opt out - he won't get another long term deal, unless the Heat give him one to save some money this year. If he doesn't opt out, does he get traded away? Can the Heat use the stretch provision on this contract?

If they trade him away, then they could look to get back Steve Novak in return. The Raptors clear Novak's contract from next year, while the Heat get a shooter to help space out the floor. Haslem didn't do much of anything, so at least Novak can do that.

Mr. Jabbar
06-17-2014, 12:47 AM
http://media0.giphy.com/media/rl0FOxdz7CcxO/giphy.gif

Collie
06-17-2014, 12:48 AM
Bandwagoners leaving as soon as the ship starts showing signs of trouble.

oarabbus
06-17-2014, 12:48 AM
Why is he bailing from a team that went to the finals 4 years in a row?

navy
06-17-2014, 12:50 AM
Why is he bailing from a team that went to the finals 4 years in a row?
To get paid....His salary was atrocious.

It doesnt mean he is bailing. If he gets no offers he will be back.

Akrazotile
06-17-2014, 12:53 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24589755/report-heats-chris-andersen-will-opt-out-become-free-agent

The beginning of the end of this era, or is it Andersen opting out and returning when LBJ/Bosh/Wade return?

Also, what will happen with Haslem? Doubt he will opt out - he won't get another long term deal, unless the Heat give him one to save some money this year. If he doesn't opt out, does he get traded away? Can the Heat use the stretch provision on this contract?

If they trade him away, then they could look to get back Steve Novak in return. The Raptors clear Novak's contract from next year, while the Heat get a shooter to help space out the floor. Haslem didn't do much of anything, so at least Novak can do that.

I was quite surprised to find out earlier this year that Birdman turns 36 next month. He still moves really well and if he didn't rock that wild ass beard he'd probably still look like he was 27, but I digress.

It'll be interesting to see what happens. I assume he'd prefer to stay in Miami if the money is equal, but if he can get a better deal elsewhere he should probably take it. He's obviously made more money than most 36 year olds in America, but in terms of NBA money he hasn't made a ton, and these contracts provide the money he has to live on for the rest of his life for the most part.

He's obviously gotta go to a contender, can't imagine any other type of team signing him. I could actually see him fitting on the Pacers, ironically enough. Blazers could be a nice fit. Grizzlies too. Should be interesting.

oarabbus
06-17-2014, 12:54 AM
He's obviously gotta go to a contender, can't imagine any other type of team signing him. I could actually see him fitting on the Pacers, ironically enough. Blazers could be a nice fit. Grizzlies too. Should be interesting.

Mavs would do nicely with him too.

hawkfan
06-17-2014, 12:55 AM
They'll bring him back for more money - that's my prediction. Say 2 years, $6 million. Which they can afford if the Big 3 take paycuts, which is something that is expected.

If the Big 3 go down to $10 million per year, they could sign both Luol Deng and Pau Gasol.

bigkingsfan
06-17-2014, 12:59 AM
Old Pedo up for bid.

COnDEMnED
06-17-2014, 12:59 AM
Obligatory Chris Andersen is a free agent, is he good can the heat get him? joke here.

hawkfan
06-17-2014, 01:01 AM
The Heat should have signed Jimmer Fredette instead of getting Tony Douglas. They could have used that shooting on offense, and him spacing out the floor for the Big 3.

ottooooooo
06-17-2014, 01:33 AM
I'd like him back in Denver.

miggyme1
06-17-2014, 01:39 AM
im sure the heat will sign him back..without him they have no big man....the oden experiment failed..i dont think its any good big men in the draft that will fall in the draft for the heat to draft so yea im sure the heat are about to bless the birdman with a nice contract...3 years 6 mill maybe?

Levity
06-17-2014, 01:41 AM
Who's backing up blake griffin these days? Some defensive intensity off the bench may do the clipps some good.

Akrazotile
06-17-2014, 01:42 AM
Old Pedo up for bid.

Come on man, he was cleared of all charges, don't go him like that. It's not like he settled to cover up his guilt, like Kobe.

Rocketswin2013
06-17-2014, 01:44 AM
Who's backing up blake griffin these days? Some defensive intensity off the bench may do the clipps some good.
Yeah he'd be perfect there

Akrazotile
06-17-2014, 01:45 AM

http://www.marketmenot.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/kia-griffin-force-boxing-commercial.jpg

DaSeba5
06-17-2014, 01:45 AM
I'm going to miss him. He always played his heart out every game.

CHi1PriDe
06-17-2014, 01:50 AM

Birdman would be backin up DJ, big baby's currently Griffins backup.

ProfessorMurder
06-17-2014, 03:16 AM
It starts.

I was one of the only people here wondering what took so long for a team to sign him when he was cut from Denver. He was essential to the Heat winning twice.

He should get a few extra bucks instead of playing for pennies on the dollar in Miami.