PDA

View Full Version : I can't rank Duncan that high when his team can't go back to back.....

9erempiree
06-16-2014, 10:12 PM
It is cool winning 5 rings and all but these once in a blue moon champs don't impress me. I think you have to win consecutive championship in a dominant level to move up the rankings.

You can't just win it once a while and have someone like Leonard win the MVP. Nobody knows who that kid is.

The only thing Duncan has for him is that great Finals winning percentage. Lebron at least went back to back but sadly, his win percentage is bad. You are eventually going to win a Finals when you make it there 5 times but to have a winning record makes you one of the greats.

plowking
06-16-2014, 10:13 PM
5/6 > 5/7.

Cocaine80s
06-16-2014, 10:13 PM
Duncan>Kobe

Haymaker
06-16-2014, 10:25 PM
Ya'll salty :roll: Duncan GOAT PF/C

9erempiree
06-16-2014, 10:28 PM
You cannot lump all the Spurs championship like it is a back to back or 3peat.

That is why they are never considered a great team. They can't go back to back.

Look at the GOAT list and you have practically every guy win back to back with good win percentage.

Haymaker
06-16-2014, 10:29 PM

:applause: Spurs

:applause: Duncan

Fox
06-16-2014, 10:31 PM
Duncan NCAA legacy. Kobe Bench warming legacy
Duncan 2 x NCAA player of the year. Kobe "Shaq's little brother" of the year.
Duncan NBA Rookie of the year. Kobe "Shaq's 2nd fiddle" for next 7 yrs.
Duncan 5/6 in Finals. Kobe 5/7 in Finals.
Duncan NBA titles in three different decades. Kobe only in one decade.
Duncan 2 x season MVP. Kobe 1 MVP
Duncan 3 x FMVP. Kobe 2 FMVP
Duncan 1 x Finals loss. Kobe 2 x finals losses
Duncan 1 x MVP sweep (2003). Kobe 0

Duncan > Kobe. Deal with it.

T_L_P
06-16-2014, 10:31 PM

Look at the GOAT list and you have practically every guy win back to back with good win percentage.

Except for a guy named Bird, who is unanimously considered ahead of Kobe.

9erempiree
06-16-2014, 10:32 PM
I told you guys that I am very happy.

Freaking Leonard was MVP.

:lol

2 birds were killed with one pebble last night.

bigkingsfan
06-16-2014, 10:32 PM
2/7

plowking
06-16-2014, 10:34 PM

Duncan won titles in 3 different decades.

Kobe won them all between 2000-2010. That is what we call an era specific talent. Kobe is lucky to have played in an era where Bron, Wade, Durant and all the other efficient cross era capable players weren't in their primes yet. Notice how he dropped off as soon as some real talent came in the league? Kobe is a great role model for kids, since he is an average player, can shoot really poor from the field, and still get his team to carry him. It shows anyone can be a winner, no matter how average you are. He really is an inspiration.

But at the same time, I'm sure Kobe understands that he has to make way for better players, far above his level, like Duncan and Lebron, who can at least hit 50% of their shots, and dominate over more eras and decades of basketball.

T_L_P
06-16-2014, 10:37 PM
I told you guys that I am very happy.

Freaking Leonard was MVP.

:lol

2 birds were killed with one pebble last night.

Incredible post dodging.

Duncan > Bean. Duncan had more FMVPs a decade ago than Kobe would end his career with. :eek:

Fox
06-16-2014, 10:38 PM
Lmao @ OP ignoring all the facts presented. I find it amazing you can be so stupid :lol

9erempiree
06-16-2014, 10:39 PM
Incredible post dodging.

Duncan > Bean. Duncan had more FMVPs a decade ago than Kobe would end his career with. :eek:

Duncan has two Finals MVP as teammates where Kobe had one and Kobe has went to 3 straight finals and going back to back.

That is pretty rare in San Antonio.

9erempiree
06-16-2014, 10:42 PM
Duncan>Kobe

People had to turn a thread about Duncan to Kobe.

This is proof that who the more polarizing and better player is. When Kobe is brought up.

:pimp:

SouBeachTalents
06-16-2014, 10:46 PM
Duncan has two Finals MVP as teammates where Kobe had one and Kobe has went to 3 straight finals and going back to back.

That is pretty rare in San Antonio.

Duncan 2 MVP's > Kobe's 1 MVP
Duncan's 3 Finals MVP's > Kobe's 2 Finals MVP's

Mr. Jabbar
06-16-2014, 10:47 PM
i tried all day long and couldnt either op. glad im not the only one :cheers:

plowking
06-16-2014, 10:48 PM
Kobe is an era specific talent. Couldn't win championships outside of the weakest era in ball. He is missing now that ball is back to a high level. It's why almost everyone has trouble putting him in the top 10. Unlike Duncan, consensus top 5.

hiphopfan777
Jordan never lost in finals. Lebron did.

9erempiree
Duncan 2 MVP's > Kobe's 1 MVP
Duncan's 3 Finals MVP > Kobe's 2 Final's MVP

This isn't about Kobe.

This is about why the Spurs and Duncan never get the credit they deserve and rightfully so, because they can't go back to back like great teams.

Jordan has the greatest record you can think of by 3peating twice and you want to compare Duncan to him?:lol

9erempiree
06-16-2014, 10:49 PM
Kobe is an era specific talent. Couldn't win championships outside of the weakest era in ball. He is missing now that ball is back to a high level. It's why almost everyone has trouble putting him in the top 10. Unlike Duncan, consensus top 5.

Nobody has Duncan in the top 5.

The only reason why it is considered because you guys try to knock Kobe out of the top 5.

Top 5 are reserved for elite champions. Not once in a blue moon champions.

SouBeachTalents
06-16-2014, 10:50 PM
Neither Duncan or Kobe are in the top 5

plowking
06-16-2014, 10:52 PM

The only reason why it is considered because you guys try to knock Kobe out of the top 5.

Refer to this post:

Duncan won titles in 3 different decades.

Kobe won them all between 2000-2010. That is what we call an era specific talent. Kobe is lucky to have played in an era where Bron, Wade, Durant and all the other efficient cross era capable players weren't in their primes yet. Notice how he dropped off as soon as some real talent came in the league? Kobe is a great role model for kids, since he is an average player, can shoot really poor from the field, and still get his team to carry him. It shows anyone can be a winner, no matter how average you are. He really is an inspiration.

But at the same time, I'm sure Kobe understands that he has to make way for better players, far above his level, like Duncan and Lebron, who can at least hit 50% of their shots, and dominate over more eras and decades of basketball.

I agree, Kobe is an inspiration though. Fantastic what he has done with average talent in a weak league.

Mr. Jabbar
06-16-2014, 10:52 PM
Kobe is an era specific talent.

dis a new one :biggums:

T_L_P
06-16-2014, 10:54 PM

Guy called Bird. Most have him top 5, easily.

UK2K
06-16-2014, 11:23 PM
You can 3-peat with a few select players playing three seasons together.

Winning in 3 decades > 3peating

onhcetum
06-16-2014, 11:25 PM
what the **** is up with you kids and back to back?? so you can go back to back and then disappear? duncan is the greatest winner in SPORTS HISTORY. he has never missed the playoffs, 50 wins every year

Threethrows
06-17-2014, 01:01 AM
Duncan > Kobe

SouBeachTalents
06-17-2014, 03:18 AM
what the **** is up with you kids and back to back?? so you can go back to back and then disappear? duncan is the greatest winner in SPORTS HISTORY. he has never missed the playoffs, 50 wins every year

Bill Russell's 11 rings say hi