PDA

View Full Version : So Wade averaged less Points, rebounds, assists and had a worse fg% than 2011 Bron

aburre21
06-16-2014, 02:08 PM
Yet people completely blamed Bron for that Mavs series...but if anyone blames Wade this series they're making excuses? :facepalm

Man you haters are ridiculous

VIntageNOvel
06-16-2014, 02:12 PM
2011 was a winnable series, he choked hard

this year? not so much

Iceman#44
06-16-2014, 02:12 PM
2/5

guy
06-16-2014, 02:17 PM
Wade's clearly declined. His shitty play wasn't because of a lack of effort and/or being scared of the moment. Lebron was playing like the monstars took away his powers. Lebron was clearly capable of doing significantly more in 2011. That's not the case with Wade in this series.

DMAVS41
06-16-2014, 02:21 PM
I was/am a huge Wade fan for his play from his rookie year through 2012, but these last 2 years have killed his legacy.

Wade in these finals...15/4/3 50% TS

I never want to hear a Wade fan talk about Dirk's 07 series at all. Not only was Wade the 2nd best guy on his team, but got virtually no defensive attention at all.

Dirk's 20/11/2 51% TS in 07 destroys what Wade did in the finals...and he had ****ing Lebron James on his team.

Wade's legacy actually drops tremendously off these last 2 years now. He's outside the top 25 for me now.

navy
06-16-2014, 02:56 PM
I dont think anyone blames Lebron for this year and Wade for 2011....

Stop taking trolls seriously.

aj1987
06-16-2014, 03:16 PM
I was/am a huge Wade fan for his play from his rookie year through 2012, but these last 2 years have killed his legacy.

I never want to hear a Wade fan talk about Dirk's 07 series at all. Not only was Wade the 2nd best guy on his team, but got virtually no defensive attention at all.

Dirk's 20/11/2 51% TS in 07 destroys what Wade did in the finals...and he had ****ing Lebron James on his team.

Wade's legacy actually drops tremendously off these last 2 years now. He's outside the top 25 for me now.
Are you ****ing comparing Dirk's PRIME MVP season to Wade's '14 season?

:facepalm

DMAVS41
06-16-2014, 03:22 PM

Why not? It was Dirk's worst showing in his playoffs.

I'm trying to be generous here.

If I compared Dirk at the same age...Wade looks even worse.

Wade at age 31 and 32 in the last two playoffs;

17/4/4 53% TS

Dirk at age 31 and 32 in the playoffs;

28/8/3 62% TS

You act like Wade is old now. He's not. He's declined horribly the last 2 years while other players like Dirk, Duncan, and Kobe were raping teams at the same age with even more mileage and without the benefit of playing with a guy half as good as Lebron.

that is the problem for Wade's legacy now....his 13 and 14 showings were dreadful and should hurt him.

SouBeachTalents
06-16-2014, 03:23 PM
I dont think anyone blames Lebron for this year and Wade for 2011....

Stop taking trolls seriously.

You definitely read this thread incorrectly, or just wrote the opposite by accident

K Xerxes
06-16-2014, 03:24 PM
Wade's clearly declined. His shitty play wasn't because of a lack of effort and/or being scared of the moment. Lebron was playing like the monstars took away his powers. Lebron was clearly capable of doing significantly more in 2011. That's not the case with Wade in this series.

He's definitely not scared of the moment, but I saw a lack of effort. He sometimes just strolled back on defense after bricking a shot or turning the ball over, and the Spurs exploited whichever matchup was on him for their offense. Clearly the knees have taken their toll and no one is expecting 25ppg anymore, but I think he could have done more.

Definitely not the same level as 2011 Bron though.

navy
06-16-2014, 03:26 PM
You definitely read this thread incorrectly, or just wrote the opposite by accident
I understood the thread, but I kinda reversed my answer.

Basically,
Lebron was at fault for 2011 not 2014
Wade was at fault for 2014 not 2011.

Everything else is pretty much just trolling.

j3lademaster
06-16-2014, 03:27 PM
Wade's a 2nd option while Lebron is the best player in the world. Morons putting him in with the same standards as Wade and in another thread Kawhi :roll: . How come everyone brings up the same tired "55 wins without MJ" and "96 finals" and "5/19" and blame Jordan, but no one documents Pippen's bad games? It's because no one cares.

Milbuck
06-16-2014, 03:28 PM
:facepalm Lebron was close to the peak of his powers, in absolute prime position to dominate the finals...and he did some next level bedshitting. All he had to do was just play at 80% of his capabilities and his team would've won the series. But he flat out disappeared.

Wade's knees have been deteriorating for years now, the dude is legitimately a shell of himself physically. It's not an excuse, it's a fact - his body is just breaking down.

Yeah, Wade sucked hard ass in the finals this year. But to compare his steep physical decline to Lebron's mental collapse is just ridiculous.

Dresta
06-16-2014, 03:29 PM
Except no one has been calling Wade the best player in the world this season, not even close to it. Can you not see why you'd hold 2014 Wade and 2011 Lebron to different standards, or are you retarded?

You really make no sense. In what world does getting to the finals hurt your legacy? It's like saying Duncan and Parker last season killed their legacies last season because they lost, and screwed up in key moments down the stretch of key games. They had great seasons and only one team can win each year, and it is moronic to expect players to win every year in a 30 team league. Getting to the finals is a positive legacy wise, win or lose, though obviously winning means far more than losing. Getting to the finals 4 years straight is a historical achievement whether you like it or not.

You also look far too much at aggregated stats as if they are comparable across series with different teams and different matchups. If Wade doesn't come through with huge games in games 4 & 7 last year Miami don't win the title. Those were two huge performances in must-win games. You putting Dirk's abysmal 06-07 performance (first round bouncing by 8 seed) on the same level is bloody hilarious. His production wasn't even superior and he got bounced by an 8 seed whereas Miami were playing a great team in the finals. Also saying Wade had no defensive attention this year shows you do not watch the games at all. SA completely took away the lane for Wade and constantly pestered his drives, and he had mostly Green (good defender), Ginobili (decent defender) and Leonard (great defender) guarding him, with great help defense added. Are you blind or something?

Also, care to check how his numbers match up with other 2nd option wings like say Pippen, perhaps in 96 or 98 (same age range)? No one holds Pippen's rings against him because he didn't have efficient enough stats. But no, a guy whose knees are worn down ruins his legacy by getting to the finals twice as a second option, and coming up short in one out of 2 of the finals in a series where Miami were completely overmatched all over the court. Legacy ruined :rolleyes: . What is it with idiots on this site and the incessant and idiotic hyperbole?

SouBeachTalents
06-16-2014, 03:29 PM

Last year Wade definitely struggled during most of the playoffs, but he had an overall good performance in the 2013 Finals, and he played well in 3 of the last 4 games of the series, including putting up 23 and 10 in Game 7. Considering he was injured I can't kill him for his performance last year. Was it good? No, but he did come through when his team needed him, and it's not like he was the one who put up a goose egg in Game 7

This years Finals though, he deserves all the criticism he gets. He was absolutely terrible on both sides of the floor, and he became more of an asset for the Spurs than he was for the Heat

Kblaze8855
06-16-2014, 03:32 PM

Yea....at this point its about like judging Nique on the Celtics.

Wade isnt Wade anymore. Nothing he does matters when the issue is how good Wade was. The player in reference when that question is asked has been gone for years.

tpols
06-16-2014, 03:33 PM

Is Larry bird in your top 10?

Because he shot 53 49 and 51 TS on mediocre volume in his last few years with similar bad longevity. Is he outside your top 15 then?

aj1987
06-16-2014, 03:37 PM
Why not? It was Dirk's worst showing in his playoffs.

I'm trying to be generous here.

If I compared Dirk at the same age...Wade looks even worse.

Wade at age 31 and 32 in the last two playoffs;

17/4/4 53% TS

Dirk at age 31 and 32 in the playoffs;

28/8/3 62% TS

You act like Wade is old now. He's not. He's declined horribly the last 2 years while other players like Dirk, Duncan, and Kobe were raping teams at the same age with even more mileage and without the benefit of playing with a guy half as good as Lebron.

that is the problem for Wade's legacy now....his 13 and 14 showings were dreadful and should hurt him.
Wade was hurt and is out of his prime, you idiot. What part of that do you not understand? Do you think if Wade aged the same way as those guys, he'd still be putting up those shitty numbers? Do you think Wade would still be a 19/5/5 player, if he never had knee issues?

Ignore the numbers for a minute. Look at him play. He was slow during the RS and even during the playoffs. He has a knee condition, which doesn't allow him to play like a superstar anymore. How hard is that to understand?

SamuraiSWISH
06-16-2014, 03:48 PM
Wade physically can't do what he used to ... Umm LeBron's excuse for 2011 was at 26 years old in his prime? The defense of: Old Marion? Old Kidd? DeShawn Stevenson? No. He literally quit in the middle of the series. Stop. Bron was impressive in game 2, and 1st quarters of game 3 / game 5 that's it.

aj1987
06-16-2014, 04:01 PM
Wade physically can't do what he used to ... Umm LeBron's excuse for 2011 was at 26 years old in his prime? The defense of: Old Marion? Old Kidd? DeShawn Stevenson? No. He literally quit in the middle of the series. Stop. Bron was impressive in game 2, and 1st quarters of game 3 / game 5 that's it.
The Spurs outscored Miami when LeBron scored 17 in that 3rd quarter. The Spurs were completely destroying Miami. Miami's problem was defense and not offense. LeBron was asked to guard Kawhi, TP, Manu, Green, etc., while being the teams leader in PPG, APG, RPG, SPG, FG%, 3PT%, and #2 in blocks. There's only so much a SINGLE player can do. When was the last time that this has been done? I'm guessing never.

FYI: LeBron led the Heat in PPG, RPG, SPG, and APG in the last two PLAYOFF runs. I hate to say it, but this was the year where we actually witnessed the Miami Cavaliers. I've never said it (and actually called people idiots for saying it), but it's true.

DMAVS41
06-16-2014, 04:03 PM
Is Larry bird in your top 10?

Because he shot 53 49 and 51 TS on mediocre volume in his last few years with similar bad longevity. Is he outside your top 15 then?

Bird's peak destroys Wade's....

You wouldn't know that though.

DMAVS41
06-16-2014, 04:04 PM
Wade was hurt and is out of his prime, you idiot. What part of that do you not understand? Do you think if Wade aged the same way as those guys, he'd still be putting up those shitty numbers? Do you think Wade would still be a 19/5/5 player, if he never had knee issues?

Ignore the numbers for a minute. Look at him play. He was slow during the RS and even during the playoffs. He has a knee condition, which doesn't allow him to play like a superstar anymore. How hard is that to understand?

What?

You are making my point for me.

Wade's legacy is severely hurt now because he has declined so horribly. And I'm a Wade fan/supporter. But you can't decline like this and not have it mentioned....prime or no prime.

He has no business being with a guy like Dirk on the all time rankings unless he bounces back hugely for the next like 3 to 5 years.

DMAVS41
06-16-2014, 04:07 PM
Except no one has been calling Wade the best player in the world this season, not even close to it. Can you not see why you'd hold 2014 Wade and 2011 Lebron to different standards, or are you retarded?

You really make no sense. In what world does getting to the finals hurt your legacy? It's like saying Duncan and Parker last season killed their legacies last season because they lost, and screwed up in key moments down the stretch of key games. They had great seasons and only one team can win each year, and it is moronic to expect players to win every year in a 30 team league. Getting to the finals is a positive legacy wise, win or lose, though obviously winning means far more than losing. Getting to the finals 4 years straight is a historical achievement whether you like it or not.

You also look far too much at aggregated stats as if they are comparable across series with different teams and different matchups. If Wade doesn't come through with huge games in games 4 & 7 last year Miami don't win the title. Those were two huge performances in must-win games. You putting Dirk's abysmal 06-07 performance (first round bouncing by 8 seed) on the same level is bloody hilarious. His production wasn't even superior and he got bounced by an 8 seed whereas Miami were playing a great team in the finals. Also saying Wade had no defensive attention this year shows you do not watch the games at all. SA completely took away the lane for Wade and constantly pestered his drives, and he had mostly Green (good defender), Ginobili (decent defender) and Leonard (great defender) guarding him, with great help defense added. Are you blind or something?

Also, care to check how his numbers match up with other 2nd option wings like say Pippen, perhaps in 96 or 98 (same age range)? No one holds Pippen's rings against him because he didn't have efficient enough stats. But no, a guy whose knees are worn down ruins his legacy by getting to the finals twice as a second option, and coming up short in one out of 2 of the finals in a series where Miami were completely overmatched all over the court. Legacy ruined :rolleyes: . What is it with idiots on this site and the incessant and idiotic hyperbole?

Why do people think we should grade on a curve for Wade? He sucks now...so it doesn't matter what he does?

Makes no sense.

The point is that Wade's longevity as a player is now pretty much lost unless he bounces back...and his peak/prime wasn't so good that it warrants Larry Bird type treatment as an ignorant poster tried to claim.

You act like 31 and 32 is really old....its' not. That is why I posted what Dirk was doing at the same age despite having more mileage on his legs.

DMAVS41
06-16-2014, 04:08 PM
Yea....at this point its about like judging Nique on the Celtics.

Wade isnt Wade anymore. Nothing he does matters when the issue is how good Wade was. The player in reference when that question is asked has been gone for years.

31 and 32...with Wade not having to carry a burden at all...is just way too early to say nothing he does matters.

That stuff is reserved for guys like Dirk, Duncan, and Kobe at this point.

What Wade does at ages 30 through 35 absolutely matters for how good at basketball he is for his career.

aj1987
06-16-2014, 04:09 PM
What?

You are making my point for me.

Wade's legacy is severely hurt now because he has declined so horribly. And I'm a Wade fan/supporter. But you can't decline like this and not have it mentioned....prime or no prime.

He has no business being with a guy like Dirk on the all time rankings unless he bounces back hugely for the next like 3 to 5 years.
Does it hurt Barkely's legacy because he was terrible at the end of his career? The fact remains that Wade was dominant till the '12 season and until the playoffs during the '13 season. Are you gonna rank him below Wade?

Also, Wade was averaging 19/4/4/2 on 58% TS, while playing only 35 MPG and taking only 14 shots a game. He was garbage in the Finals. For 3 games. Way to use a 3 game sample size to discredit a player.

20/4/5/2 on 62% TS in the ECF as well.

Yeah, sure. Wade drops from 20 to 35 because he had 3 bad games. :facepalm

If we're counting chokejobs and bad games, Dirk would be out of the top 50.

DMAVS41
06-16-2014, 04:13 PM
Does it hurt Barkely's legacy because he was terrible at the end of his career? The fact remains that Wade was dominant till the '12 season and until the playoffs during the '13 season. Are you gonna rank him below Wade?

Also, Wade was averaging 19/4/4/2 on 58% TS, while playing only 35 MPG and taking only 14 shots a game. He was garbage in the Finals. For 3 games. Way to use a 3 game sample size to discredit a player.

3 game sample size?

Dude...17/4/4 52% TS over the last two playoffs.

Barkley? What are you talking about?

And yes...I'm ranking Barkley over Wade now after these last two years.

When Barkley was 31 and 32 he averaged 26/13/3 in the playoffs.

DMAVS41
06-16-2014, 04:14 PM

20/4/5/2 on 62% TS in the ECF as well.

Yeah, sure. Wade drops from 20 to 35 because he had 3 bad games. :facepalm

If we're counting chokejobs and bad games, Dirk would be out of the top 50.

Why to the bold?

Wade was just way worse in these finals than Dirk has ever been in any playoff series....mainly because of Wade's dreadful effort/defense/turnovers.

Dont' follow...and Dirk has better durability and longevity...and was just easily a better playoff performer now for their respective careers.

Kblaze8855
06-16-2014, 04:19 PM
The age isnt the issue. Hes clearly not what he was. Doesnt matter if it happens at 28 or 34. The guy in question when the issue is how great a player he was....does not exist.

Hes Shaq in Phoenix. Walt Frazier on the Cavs. Gary Payton on the Lakers. Dave Cowens on the 29 win Celtics. Hell Dave Cowens on the Bucks. Chris webber in Philly or on the Pistons. Barkley on the Rockets. Nobody is judging these guys on that.

You can all you like. People have always been given a pass once they fall off for good. You dont see people hating on Warriors Mark Price even if he was 31. Once you arent you anymore none of it really matters.

And Wade is just....not that guy anymore.

DMAVS41
06-16-2014, 04:22 PM
The age isnt the issue. Hes clearly not what he was. Doesnt matter if it happens at 28 or 34. The guy in question when the issue is how great a player he was....does not exist.

Hes Shaq in Phoenix. Walt Frazier on the Cavs. Gary Payton on the Lakers. Dave Cowens on the 29 win Celtics. Hell Dave Cowens on the Bucks. Chris webber in Philly or on the Pistons. Barkley on the Rockets. Nobody is judging these guys on that.

You can all you like. People have always been given a pass once they fall off for good. You dont see people hating on Warriors Mark Price even if he was 31. Once you arent you anymore none of it really matters.

And Wade is just....not that guy anymore.

And when that happens at his age....it really happened at age 30...that matters.

That is what I'm saying.

I'm not saying that this is indicative of peak/prime Wade. I'm saying a player declining so hugely at this age is part of how good they are at basketball. Wade's skillset is not good enough to age well.

Like I always tell you....it all goes into one big formula. And this matters. Again, and it matters what the comparison is. You compare Wade vs Kobe? Well, despite Wade's prime/peak being a very similar level...Kobe deserves the nod as the better basketball player because of his ability to age better...which is an offshoot of how good at basketball he is.

aj1987
06-16-2014, 04:29 PM
3 game sample size?

Dude...17/4/4 52% TS over the last two playoffs.

Barkley? What are you talking about?

And yes...I'm ranking Barkley over Wade now after these last two years.

When Barkley was 31 and 32 he averaged 26/13/3 in the playoffs.
Again, how do you not understand the FACT that he was playing on ONE leg in the '13 playoffs. This season? He was pretty decent and much better than last season until the the Finals. He flat out sucked ass. I've said that as well.

Barkley? 4 game sweep at 31 and 18/12/3 on 43% at 32. Sample size matters.

Wade was just way worse in these finals than Dirk has ever been in any playoff series....mainly because of Wade's dreadful effort/defense/turnovers.
Do you honestly ignore context on purpose?

The-Legend-24
06-16-2014, 04:33 PM
2/5

DMAVS41
06-16-2014, 04:39 PM
Again, how do you not understand the FACT that he was playing on ONE leg in the '13 playoffs. This season? He was pretty decent and much better than last season until the the Finals. He flat out sucked ass. I've said that as well.

Barkley? 4 game sweep at 31 and 18/12/3 on 43% at 32. Sample size matters.

Do you honestly ignore context on purpose?

Context of what? That Wade has declined horribly by the same age Dirk was arguably playing the best basketball of his career?

Oh...and the context of Dirk? Playing a nightmare matchup without a guy like Lebron helping him? With Avery Johnson coaching? Hiding and injury and his dad having serious surgery in the middle of the series????

All that context should be ignored according to you?

ROFL....it's hilarious.

And again...I don't care what the reasons are....Wade has declined hugely these last two years...and the problem, that you seem unable to grasp, is that he doesn't have the years of great play and durability like others do.

Also, I used the sample of the last two playoff years for Wade...you are using one series...and you are using sample size against me???????? What?

ArbitraryWater
06-16-2014, 04:41 PM
People said Wade > Dirk all time :facepalm

aj1987
06-16-2014, 04:46 PM
Context of what? That Wade has declined horribly by the same age Dirk was arguably playing the best basketball of his career?

Oh...and the context of Dirk? Playing a nightmare matchup without a guy like Lebron helping him? With Avery Johnson coaching? Hiding and injury and his dad having serious surgery in the middle of the series????

All that context should be ignored according to you?

ROFL....it's hilarious.

And again...I don't care what the reasons are....Wade has declined hugely these last two years...and the problem, that you seem unable to grasp, is that he doesn't have the years of great play and durability like others do.

Also, I used the sample of the last two playoff years for Wade...you are using one series...and you are using sample size against me???????? What?
I did say that Wade declined. He just doesn't have the same longevity as that of others, but comparing Dirk's PRIME season to Wade's '14? :facepalm That's just idiotic.

You're using a playoff run, during which he was injured and playing on ONE knee, and another one, in which he was pretty decent except the Finals (he was terrible in 3 games). :facepalm

DMAVS41
06-16-2014, 04:49 PM
I did say that Wade declined. He just doesn't have the same longevity as that of others, but comparing Dirk's PRIME season to Wade's '14? :facepalm That's just idiotic.

You're using a playoff run, during which he was injured and playing on ONE knee, and another one, in which he was pretty decent except the Finals (he was terrible in 3 games). :facepalm

I'm using 2 playoff runs...a total of 42 playoff games. I am not using 3 games at all.

What I am saying, is that the fact that Wade is so far out of his supposed prime at age 31 and 32...proves my point.

Do you not see it? Someone brings up how bad Wade has been the last two years...and the response is;

Well, Wade isn't Wade anymore.

Okay...I agree with that, but that isn't a good thing. That is a bad thing that hurts Wade in any rankings. Otherwise...you are just penalizing other players for having much better longevity.

aj1987
06-16-2014, 04:56 PM
I'm using 2 playoff runs...a total of 42 playoff games. I am not using 3 games at all.
Wow! You are one thick dude.

'13 - HE WAS INJURED.
'14 - HE WAS PLAYING WELL TILL THE FINALS, WHERE HE HAD 3 BAD GAMES.

Okay...I agree with that, but that isn't a good thing. That is a bad thing that hurts Wade in any rankings. Otherwise...you are just penalizing other players for having much better longevity.
Who the heck did I penalize for having better longevity?

DMAVS41
06-16-2014, 04:59 PM
Wow! You are one thick dude.

'13 - HE WAS INJURED.
'14 - HE WAS PLAYING WELL TILL THE FINALS, WHERE HE HAD 3 BAD GAMES.

Who the heck did I penalize for having better longevity?

Dude.

Over the last 42 playoff games;

17/4/4

It's not just 3 games!!!!!

He wears down now....it's like 10 days of good play...10 days of shit play. It's not a fluke anymore.

Stop saying it's 3 games. I'm saying that if this is what Wade is going to be for the rest of his career or worse...it should matter.

Do you disagree with this?????

aj1987
06-16-2014, 05:02 PM
Dude.

Over the last 42 playoff games;

17/4/4

It's not just 3 games!!!!!

He wears down now....it's like 10 days of good play...10 days of shit play. It's not a fluke anymore.

Stop saying it's 3 games. I'm saying that if this is what Wade is going to be for the rest of his career or worse...it should matter.

Do you disagree with this?????

I'm done with you. You're either just trying to troll or English is your 82734928374th language. Can't explain it any better than I did in my last post.

Dresta
06-16-2014, 05:03 PM
And when that happens at his age....it really happened at age 30...that matters.

That is what I'm saying.

I'm not saying that this is indicative of peak/prime Wade. I'm saying a player declining so hugely at this age is part of how good they are at basketball. Wade's skillset is not good enough to age well.

Like I always tell you....it all goes into one big formula. And this matters. Again, and it matters what the comparison is. You compare Wade vs Kobe? Well, despite Wade's prime/peak being a very similar level...Kobe deserves the nod as the better basketball player because of his ability to age better...which is an offshoot of how good at basketball he is.
What don't you understand about the fact that slugging through extended playoff runs for the 2nd and 3rd year straight on a knee without a meniscus has shortened his career? Continuing to play those last two years have evidently not done his longevity much good at all, but he played because Miami needed him to win, and because he came through in both 2012 and 2013 (in 2012 he was still one of the best players in the league really, and his performances against Indiana saved Miami just as much Bron's did against the Celtics, so get outta here acting like he was a scrub that year).

Wade has played 20+ playoff games each of the last 4 seasons, Dirk has only done that twice in his career, and only once since 06. He hasn't had to put an ageing body through the stress Wade has year after year to help win multiple championships. I'm not suprised Dirk has managed to hold up well launching jumpshots throughout the regular season and rarely playing more than a single round in the playoffs. wow, dat regular season longevity :bowdown: .

DMAVS41
06-16-2014, 05:09 PM
I'm done with you. You're either just trying to troll or English is your 82734928374th language. Can't explain it any better than I did in my last post.

You haven't explained anything. You have just tried to shrug off Wade playing like shit for over 42 playoff games.

DMAVS41
06-16-2014, 05:09 PM
What don't you understand about the fact that slugging through extended playoff runs for the 2nd and 3rd year straight on a knee without a meniscus has shortened his career? Continuing to play those last two years have evidently not done his longevity much good at all, but he played because Miami needed him to win, and because he came through in both 2012 and 2013 (in 2012 he was still one of the best players in the league really, and his performances against Indiana saved Miami just as much Bron's did against the Celtics, so get outta here acting like he was a scrub that year).

Wade has played 20+ playoff games each of the last 4 seasons, Dirk has only done that twice in his career, and only once since 06. He hasn't had to put an ageing body through the stress Wade has year after year to help win multiple championships. I'm not suprised Dirk has managed to hold up well launching jumpshots throughout the regular season and rarely playing more than a single round in the playoffs. wow, dat regular season longevity :bowdown: .

Dude has had Lebron carrying his ass since 2011 and has been taking so many games off in the regular season to rest as well.

LOL....

guy
06-16-2014, 05:16 PM
Who the hell is comparing Wade and Dirk all-time? Obviously Dirk should be ranked higher. That doesn't change the fact that 2007 is clearly a huge embarrassment on Dirk's part, while no one really cares that much about what happened to Wade cause we don't expect much from him anymore. In a comparison between the two, sure its worth bringing up, but no one was comparing them. But for something to be considered an embarrassment or not, it also depends on initial expectations.

Really, its like comparing Prime Magic to Wizards Jordan.

aj1987
06-16-2014, 05:17 PM
You haven't explained anything. You have just tried to shrug off Wade playing like shit for over 42 playoff games.
Wow! No wonder people call you an idiot.

'13 - INJURED
'14 - Played well until the Finals, where he had 3 bad games

Dude has had Lebron carrying his ass since 2011 and has been taking so many games off in the regular season to rest as well.

LOL....

All that longevity and only 1 ring....:oldlol:

No wonder he's considered to be one of the GOAT chokers in NBA history.

DMAVS41
06-16-2014, 05:20 PM
Wow! No wonder people call you an idiot.

'13 - INJURED
'14 - Played well until the Finals, where he had 3 bad games

All that longevity and only 1 ring....:oldlol:

Dude...he's always going to be hobbled going forward. What aren't you getting? It's the norm when you have bad knees.

What are you arguing? Are you saying that Wade is going to all of a sudden get his knees and game back????

If so, then I'll readjust my rankings and what I've said.

But care to wager what his stats look like in the playoffs over his next 3 seasons? Or next year?

It's going to be some semblance of 16/4/4 52% TS while not having to carry any real burden.

LOL...well, Dirk didn't have shaq and Lebron. :facepalm

aj1987
06-16-2014, 05:24 PM
Dude...he's always going to be hobbled going forward. What aren't you getting? It's the norm when you have bad knees.

What are you arguing? Are you saying that Wade is going to all of a sudden get his knees and game back????

If so, then I'll readjust my rankings and what I've said.

But care to wager what his stats look like in the playoffs over his next 3 seasons? Or next year?

It's going to be some semblance of 16/4/4 52% TS while not having to carry any real burden.

LOL...well, Dirk didn't have shaq and Lebron. :facepalm

Wade was healthy this season. He wasn't injured. He just sucked in the Finals.

Dirk would've probably choked again and again until they left the team. He would've won a ring with both of them on his team at the same time though.

DMAVS41
06-16-2014, 05:31 PM
Wade was healthy this season. He wasn't injured. He just sucked in the Finals.

Dirk would've probably choked again and again until they left the team. He would've won a ring with both of them on his team at the same time though.

Choked when?

Like when Wade in the finals this year?

Like Wade in 2011 against the Bulls?

Forget this year.

Why does nobody talk about Wade's 11 ECF????

19/6/2 50% TS 90 ortg

That is demonstrably worse than Dirk's series...especially considering Dirk's team was getting blown out with no chance to win really...while Wade is the 2nd option, really 3rd option, as Bosh outplayed him...

20/11/2 51% TS 111 ortg

:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

But we have to ignore that...right? What is the excuse for Wade in 11? Oh yea...there isn't one. It only doesn't matter because his team was so stacked he could play worse than Dirk and still make the finals...while Dirk's team sucked so bad that he could barely win a game in the first round

aj1987
06-16-2014, 05:34 PM
Choked when?

Like when Wade in the finals this year?

Like Wade in 2011 against the Bulls?

Forget this year.

Why does nobody talk about Wade's 11 ECF????

19/6/2 50% TS 90 ortg

That is demonstrably worse than Dirk's series...especially considering Dirk's team was getting blown out with no chance to win really...while Wade is the 2nd option, really 3rd option, as Bosh outplayed him...

20/11/2 51% TS 111 ortg

:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

But we have to ignore that...right? What is the excuse for Wade in 11? Oh yea...there isn't one. It only doesn't matter because his team was so stacked he could play worse than Dirk and still make the finals...while Dirk's team sucked so bad that he could barely win a game in the first round

Wade definitely choked in this Finals, as he seems to have caught that bug from Dirk.

Oh and Defense (prior to this year) seems to be an alien concept to you Dirk nut riders. Not surprised though.

DMAVS41
06-16-2014, 05:37 PM
Wade definitely choked in this Finals, as he seems to have caught that bug from Dirk.

Oh and Defense (prior to this year) seems to be an alien concept to you Dirk nut riders. Not surprised though.

So Wade's 11 ECF was way better than Dirk in 07????

Hmmmm...don't think so.

I agree Wade is a better defender than Dirk, but Dirk, even when he doesn't play well, is offensively a force Wade isn't.

Many aspects to the game.

Again though...you said Wade has excuses for this year. I'm curious about 11 when he was healthy and in his prime.

The only reason people don't talk about that series is because the Heat won. And the only reason they won was because Lebron/Bosh dominated and Wade played on a loaded team.

Nobody would think twice about Dirk putting up 20/11/2 51% TS in a series if he won playing alongside a guy like Lebron.

That is the only difference.

Dresta
06-16-2014, 05:40 PM

LOL....
Why are you just pulling shit out of your ass? Wade has had a higher USG% than Dirk every single season of his career (including his rookie season), and also played more games than him in each season since Lebron James joined, with the single exception of the one just past (after his knees had already been worn from 3 finals runs, and he'd had extended problem with them during the last 2 title runs). So if Wade spent all this time merely being 'carried' then Dirk has been being carried by his team even more so.

Are you seriously questioning whether playing long and grueling playoff series and chronically bad knees has shortened Wade's career. NBA players seem to be in agreement that playoff games are harder on the body than regular season games, and finals games even more so.

Look. 2010/11 - Dirk = 94 games Wade = 97 games, 2011/12 - Dirk = 66 games Wade = 72 games, 2012/13 - Dirk = 53 games, Wade = 92 games

Wade had a higher USG% each season, but in your poor deluded mind Bron carries Wade, yet Dirk carries the Mavs while using less possessions and mostly launching jumpshots. Yeah, look at Wade slacking and just being carried by Bron the last 4 years :rolleyes:

So why when Dirk's team has been struggling these last few years hasn't he taken the load on his shoulers, played 40mpg, and used some 35% of his teams possessions? Oh yeah, because he's old and doesn't want to wear his body down, and hasn't had to because his team have been completely uncompetitive.

aj1987
06-16-2014, 05:40 PM

Hmmmm...don't think so.

I agree Wade is a better defender than Dirk, but Dirk, even when he doesn't play well, is offensively a force Wade isn't.

Again though...you said Wade has excuses for this year. I'm curious about 11 when he was healthy and in his prime.

The only reason people don't talk about that series is because the Heat won. And the only reason they won was because Lebron/Bosh dominated and Wade played on a loaded team.

Nobody would think twice about Dirk putting up 20/11/2 51% TS in a series if he won playing alongside a guy like Lebron.

:biggums:

I did say that Wade choked in the Finals and he played like shit. No excuses. He was healthy and he let the team down with his play.

red1
06-16-2014, 05:41 PM
d-cline :(

aj1987
06-16-2014, 05:42 PM
Why are you just pulling shit out of your ass? Wade has had a higher USG% than Dirk every single season of his career (including his rookie season), and also played more games than him in each season since Lebron James joined, with the single exception of the one just past (after his knees had already been worn from 3 finals runs, and he'd had extended problem with them during the last 2 title runs). So if Wade spent all this time merely being 'carried' then Dirk has been being carried by his team even more so.

Are you seriously questioning whether playing long and grueling playoff series and chronically bad knees has shortened Wade's career. NBA players seem to be in agreement that playoff games are harder on the body than regular season games, and finals games even more so.

Look. 2010/11 - Dirk = 94 games Wade = 97 games, 2011/12 - Dirk = 66 games Wade = 72 games, 2012/13 - Dirk = 53 games, Wade = 92 games

Wade had a higher USG% each season, but in your poor deluded mind Bron carries Wade, yet Dirk carries the Mavs while using less possessions and mostly launching jumpshots. Yeah, look at Wade slacking and just being carried by Bron the last 4 years :rolleyes:

So why when Dirk's team has been struggling these last few years hasn't he taken the load on his shoulers, played 40mpg, and used some 35% of his teams possessions? Oh yeah, because he's old and doesn't want to wear his body down, and hasn't had to because his team have been completely uncompetitive.
Watch him ignore each and every point you make and come up with some random crap.

DMAVS41
06-16-2014, 05:43 PM

Dude. Since Wade entered the league....Dirk has played like 100 more regular season games and has played more international ball as well.

Dirk has averaged more minutes in the playoffs as well.

And Dirk certainly never had someone carry the burden for him like Lebron has for Wade these last 4 years...and, during that time, Dirk has been 3 years older than Wade with more mileage on his legs from earlier in his career.

Dirk has been one of the most durable players ever. Wade...well...the exact opposite.

Dirk has played 102 more regular season games than Wade while averaging .6 less minutes per game since 04. He's played far more international ball as well...has average more minutes per game in the playoffs...and never had the kind of help that Shaq/Lebron provided, especially in the playoffs. Not even comparable. Wade is one of the least durable stars ever at this point...while Dirk has been one of the most durable.

Dresta
06-16-2014, 05:43 PM

Hmmmm...don't think so.

Are you retarded? The difference is night and day. That was against a number 1 seeded Bulls team who had the best defense in the league, and who Miami beat in 5 games - Dirk got punked by the number 8 seed when he was ON the best team in the league.

DMAVS41
06-16-2014, 05:44 PM
:biggums:

I did say that Wade choked in the Finals and he played like shit. No excuses. He was healthy and he let the team down with his play.

I'm asking about 11 though.

DMAVS41
06-16-2014, 05:46 PM
Are you retarded? The difference is night and day. That was against a number 1 seeded Bulls team who had the best defense in the league, and who Miami beat in 5 games - Dirk got punked by the number 8 seed when he was ON the best team in the league.

What?

So Dirk plays demonstrably better than Wade and loses in 6 to an inferior opponent while Wade wins in 5...and you blame Dirk for that?

You make my point for me. Only difference was Wade's loaded help.

Dresta
06-16-2014, 05:56 PM
Watch him ignore each and every point you make and come up with some random crap.
:applause:

bravo

because this nonsense:

Dude. Since Wade entered the league....Dirk has played like 100 more regular season games and has played more international ball as well.

Dirk has averaged more minutes in the playoffs as well.

And Dirk certainly never had someone carry the burden for him like Lebron has for Wade these last 4 years...and, during that time, Dirk has been 3 years older than Wade with more mileage on his legs from earlier in his career.

Dirk has been one of the most durable players ever. Wade...well...the exact opposite.
Really has nothing to do with what i was saying and fails to address a single one of the points i made.

We're not talking about mileage you dumb piece of shit. Just be a sensible human being and acknowledge that playing in tough playoff games on bad knees is a prime way of shortening your career. The way you are talking you act like Wade has barely played basketball these last 4 years, when he has really pushed his body to breaking point each and every year except this one. It's not just the minutes, it's when and where they are. Wade has played in 5 finals and 6 conference finals now, Dirk in 2 and 3 despite his mightily long career and a 67 win season when he got bumped in the first round.

Dirk hasn't had to play a serious game since 2011, which helps to keep those regular season numbers up! I mean, Dirk played as badly against the Spurs as Wade did this season, and his team still nearly won (maybe they would have if he'd done something). Yet you probably still think the guy is an elite player based on dem regular seasons stats.

DMAVS41
06-16-2014, 05:59 PM

bravo

because this nonsense:

Really has nothing to do with what i was saying and fails to address a single one of the points i made.

We're not talking about mileage you dumb piece of shit. Just be a sensible human being and acknowledge that playing in tough playoff games on bad knees is a prime way of shortening your career. The way you are talking you act like Wade has barely played basketball these last 4 years, when he has really pushed his body to breaking point each and every year except this one. It's not just the minutes, it's when and where they are. Wade has played in 5 finals and 6 conference finals now, Dirk in 2 and 3 despite his mightily long career and a 67 win season when he got bumped in the first round.

Dirk hasn't had to play a serious game since 2011, which helps to keep those regular season numbers up! I mean, Dirk played as badly against the Spurs as Wade did this season, and his team still nearly won (maybe they would have if he'd done something). Yet you probably still think the guy is an elite player based on dem regular seasons stats.

You don't get to just cherry pick only the last 4 years. Why not use all the information.

Also, Dirk has played serious games since 2011, but again....Dirk is 3 years older.

Dirk at age 31 and 32 was raping teams...not getting ass raped like Wade.

You also ignore that Wade has a history of this shit. And you can't call me a hater because I've defended Wade on here.

Dude got hurt in 05. Was hurt in 07 and 08. Wast hurt in the 09 playoffs. Got hurt in the 11 finals. Hurt in the 12 playoffs. Hurt last year in the playoffs.

You gonna blame all that on his burden these last 4 years??????

The fact remains that Dirk has played as much or more basketball with a heavier burden since 04 than Wade has...end of story.

And at the same age Wade is now...Dirk was a far better player.

I don't think Dirk is an elite player...but he's definitely a better player than Wade. The entire Spurs defense was geared to stopping Dirk and he was still better than Wade...on both ends mind you. Wade was what...an afterthought of an afterthought? ROFL...and wore down yet again after being rested all regular season while Dirk was out there carrying his average ass team into the playoffs playing in a real conference!

ArbitraryWater
06-16-2014, 06:02 PM

bravo

because this nonsense:

You guys are getting so sensitive and touchy :lol

Get a hold of yourself, Resta.

Dresta
06-16-2014, 06:04 PM
What?

So Dirk plays demonstrably better than Wade and loses in 6 to an inferior opponent while Wade wins in 5...and you blame Dirk for that?

You make my point for me. Only difference was Wade's loaded help.

You are so stupid man.

Dirk had Josh Howard averaging 21/10/3/2/1 58TS%, and still lost against the number 8 seed. He was a part of the best team in the league and didn't show up in the first round against a thoroughly average team. Wade struggled in one series against an elite defensive team and did not play worse than Dirk at all in 07 (he still combined with Lebron for that insane performance to win game 5). Dirk was the joke of the league after that series, it was humiliating. Did you actually watch the games or do you just check the box scores and work from that?

aboss4real24
06-16-2014, 06:06 PM
Wade is finished

and just to think sum ppl actually think he's better than MELO :facepalm

DMAVS41
06-16-2014, 06:06 PM

You are so stupid man.

Dirk had Josh Howard averaging 21/10/3/2/1 58TS%, and still lost against the number 8 seed. He was a part of the best team in the league and didn't show up in the first round against a thoroughly average team. Wade struggled in one series against an elite defensive team and did not play worse than Dirk at all in 07 (he still combined with Lebron for that insane performance to win game 5). Dirk was the joke of the league after that series, it was humiliating. Did you actually watch the games or do you just check the box scores and work from that?

Oh I watched. I watched our coach crumble on the sidelines...I watched our team get murked in 3 of the 4 losses by huge numbers.

I watched Dirk have an entire team try to stop him and pretty much let everyone else go to work.

Wade had Lebron and Bosh (both better than Howard) at his side. That was the only difference.

Wade was trash in that series...just as bad or worse than Dirk was...simple as that.

Must be nice having a top 10 player of all time carry your ass.

See...I honestly don't think you know much.

Talking about game 5's????

Wade did play a big role in the comeback, but he also had ****ing 9 turnovers in that game. That wouldn't have been close to good enough to beat the Warriors in the game 5 Dirk did.

When he had 30/12/3 69% TS and only 2 turnovers...and carried the Mavs late. We were down 9 points with 3 minutes to go. Dirk scores 12 of our last 15 points to extend the series.

But yea....lets go crazy about Wade's epic 21 points and 9 turnover game!!!!!!!!!

****ing moron...

Dirk should have just missed one more shot in that game and lost in 5...because his legacy would be better. He averaged 22/12/2 54% TS through the first 5 games....LOL
It was obvious to anyone watching that the Warriors were the better team head to head....Mavs fans knew it going in as well. No surprise at all...only surprise was that Dirk played like shit in the last game. That was the only shocking thing in that series for a Mavs fan....

navy
06-16-2014, 06:10 PM
Terrible. Wade needs to go to the bench unless he revives his knees.

Dresta
06-16-2014, 06:22 PM
Oh I watched. I watched our coach crumble on the sidelines...I watched our team get murked in 3 of the 4 losses by huge numbers.

I watched Dirk have an entire team try to stop him and pretty much let everyone else go to work.

Wade had Lebron and Bosh (both better than Howard) at his side. That was the only difference.

Wade was trash in that series...just as bad or worse than Dirk was...simple as that.

Must be nice having a top 10 player of all time carry your ass.
Must be nice to have your only title because said top-10 player choked. Face it man, if Bron hadn't choked in 11 Dirk would still be regarded as a career choker himself. He had be saved from a lifetime of choking by an even bigger choke :lol. He didn't even play that well in the 11 finals, and another finals loss would have sealed his fate.

Must also be nice to have a DPOY candidate to carry your defense averse ass like Dirk has had and needs if he is even to escape the likes of the 07 Golden State Warriors.

Yeah, it must be nice when said top-10 player wants to join your team to play with you because they wanted to learn from someone with the mental cojones necessary to win championships and needed a mentor to guide them there :lol .

edit:

Wade did play a big role in the comeback, but he also had ****ing 9 turnovers in that game. That wouldn't have been close to good enough to beat the Warriors in the game 5 Dirk did.

:lol oh yeah, because the ****ing Warriors were gonna be forcing Wade into 9 turnovers like a Tom Thibodeau run defensive scheme did (see Boston teams previous years on Lebron). Get a grip man; there really are no limits to your absolute cluelessness.

The mighty Don Nelson and his defensive juggernaut of a team are gonna lock that shit down :bowdown:

DMAVS41
06-16-2014, 06:58 PM
Must be nice to have your only title because said top-10 player choked. Face it man, if Bron hadn't choked in 11 Dirk would still be regarded as a career choker himself. He had be saved from a lifetime of choking by an even bigger choke :lol. He didn't even play that well in the 11 finals, and another finals loss would have sealed his fate.

Must also be nice to have a DPOY candidate to carry your defense averse ass like Dirk has had and needs if he is even to escape the likes of the 07 Golden State Warriors.

Yeah, it must be nice when said top-10 player wants to join your team to play with you because they wanted to learn from someone with the mental cojones necessary to win championships and needed a mentor to guide them there :lol .

edit:

:lol oh yeah, because the ****ing Warriors were gonna be forcing Wade into 9 turnovers like a Tom Thibodeau run defensive scheme did (see Boston teams previous years on Lebron). Get a grip man; there really are no limits to your absolute cluelessness.

The mighty Don Nelson and his defensive juggernaut of a team are gonna lock that shit down :bowdown:

Please list the Dirk chokes in the playoffs outside of 07. Please list the times Dirk's teams failed to advance as far as expected or further. I'll be waiting...