PDA

View Full Version : Great story about Boris Diaw

Heavincent
06-15-2014, 02:43 PM
"Boris walks into the gym one day wearing flip-flops and holding his customary cappuccino, which was a staple for him every morning," Griffin recalled. "It was during pre-draft workouts, so he sees the Vertec [machine] and asks what it is.

"We tell him it measures your vertical leap by determining how many of the bars you can touch. He asks what's the highest anyone has ever gone, and we tell him Amare' [Stoudemire] cleared the entire rack.

"Boris puts down the cappuccino, takes off his flip-flops and clears the entire rack on the first try. Then he calmly puts his flip-flops back on, picks up his cappuccino and walks away, saying, 'That was not difficult.'"

http://deadspin.com/heres-a-funny-anecdote-about-a-young-absurdly-athletic-1591135909

:bowdown:

highwhey
06-15-2014, 02:45 PM
Ain't no way jelly donut has a 42" vert unless that machine isn't that tall at all

moe94
06-15-2014, 02:46 PM
I bet he can still clear the rack. As a conditioned athlete, after years upon years of training, and his body adapted to handle the weight, he could still likely retain the ability. Of course, I'm talking about the pastries rack at Panera, but still.

lmao

ralph_i_el
06-15-2014, 02:50 PM
Ain't no way jelly donut has a 42" vert unless that machine isn't that tall at all

pre draft workouts. He came into the league skinny

JimmyMcAdocious
06-15-2014, 02:53 PM
GoDiaw :bowdown:

Vision and passing ability of Magic. Post game of Walton. Defensively versatility of Rodman. Raw sexual magnitude of Rick Fox. Jump shot of Mo Pete. Basketball IQ of Bird. Athleticism of Jordan.

brantonli
06-15-2014, 02:58 PM
In an alternate world, if Diaw never got signed by the Spurs, the article would be a depressing one about how a guy went from flirting with a triple double, NBA's MIP, and was incredibly athletic, to being out of the league because of his bad 'meh' attitude, poor eating habits, and couldn't get along with coaches.

kamil
06-15-2014, 03:00 PM
Don't matter what rack Boris can clear. All that matters is that he shut down LeBron*

fandarko
06-15-2014, 03:03 PM
pre draft workouts. He came into the league skinny

Boris' main problem is his lack of "alphaness".

I remember while playing for Hawks him saying in a French interview (asked about his non-show season basically) - "What's the big deal, nobody's dying".

He just doesn't care as much as he should.

Pity, because he had All Star talent.

He deserves this title though.

STATUTORY
06-15-2014, 03:06 PM
Boris' main problem is his lack of "alphaness".

I remember while playing for Hawks him saying in a French interview (asked about his non-show season basically) - "What's the big deal, nobody's dying".

He just doesn't care as much as he should.

Pity, because he had All Star talent.

He deserves this title though.
not caring is not equivalent to not being alpha

lebran cares but he is still not alpha

boris might not give a fcuk about basketball save for a few series's here and there but he's an alpha

stalkerforlife
06-15-2014, 03:10 PM
Diaw is so damn underrated and so damn good.

fandarko
06-15-2014, 03:13 PM
not caring is not equivalent to not being alpha

lebran cares but he is still not alpha

boris might not give a fcuk about basketball save for a few series's here and there but he's an alpha

I understand there are nuances and subtleties to the concept of alpha (as employed so often on this forum), but think Lebron is the definition of alpha.

Diaw couldn't be further from the definition of alpha anyway you put it.

KG215
06-15-2014, 03:14 PM
In an alternate world, if Diaw never got signed by the Spurs, the article would be a depressing one about how a guy went from flirting with a triple double, NBA's MIP, and was incredibly athletic, to being out of the league because of his bad 'meh' attitude, poor eating habits, and couldn't get along with coaches.
Can't believe the Spurs got him essentially because he was fat and out of shape and not playing very good ball during the lockout season. The worst team of all-time had "grown tired of him" if I recall correctly, and here he is two years later, after being picked up off the trash heap, as the linchpin and the player who swung the WCF and has been the x-factor in the NBA Finals.

NumberSix
06-15-2014, 03:19 PM
Don't matter what rack Boris can clear. All that matters is that he shut down LeBron*
:rolleyes:

JohnMax
06-15-2014, 03:20 PM
Diaw owned Lebron and Durant. It doesn't get more alpha than that.

r0drig0lac
06-15-2014, 03:40 PM
GoDiaw :bowdown:

Vision and passing ability of Magic. Post game of Walton. Defensively versatility of Rodman. Raw sexual magnitude of Rick Fox. Jump shot of Mo Pete. Basketball IQ of Bird. Athleticism of Jordan.
:bowdown: