PDA

View Full Version : Kobetards have never played this version of the Spurs

JohnMax
06-15-2014, 09:56 AM
They have never played this offense oriented Spurs team.

Closest team they have played similar to them is 2011 Dallas and 2009 Phoenix. Both gave Lakers trouble. Phoenix even forced Lakers not to play Bynum alot because he was too slow against their small ball.

Rubio2Gasol
06-15-2014, 09:58 AM
Lakers played the early 2000's Kings, a better passing team with much better offensive options.

Kobe dominated.

/thread.

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-15-2014, 09:58 AM
okay? what a random thread.

edrick
06-15-2014, 10:04 AM
Lakers played the early 2000's Kings, a better passing team with much better offensive options.

Kobe dominated.

/thread.

:roll:

KOBE143
06-15-2014, 10:24 AM
Early 2000s Spurs >>> this ancient version of the Spurs and its not even close..

Its like comparing a prime version of Jordan to his Wizard years.. Both were the same person but not exactly the same player..

no pun intended
06-15-2014, 11:42 AM
Of course they haven't. They're just fans.

Lebronxrings
06-15-2014, 11:44 AM
agreed. Then again, they had phil jackson the greatest coach ever.

Derka
06-15-2014, 11:48 AM
Kobetards haven't played any version of the Spurs because Kobetards post about basketball on the internet, they don't actually play it.

Xoush
06-15-2014, 12:11 PM
^this

jstern
06-15-2014, 12:25 PM
Kobetards are emotionally off people who probably don't have much going on in their life because they choose to worship Kobe like a god in a very irrational manner, so I doubt they have ever played any version of the Spurs. Or are any good in basketball. (I know the OP meant the Lakers, but I wanted to respond to the title.)

SpecialQue
06-15-2014, 12:27 PM

Exactly. This thread doesn't make any fvcking sense.

livingby3's
06-15-2014, 12:30 PM
Kobetards haven't played any version of the Spurs because Kobetards post about basketball on the internet, they don't actually play it.

except they dont post about basketball, they post about Kobe

Bigsmoke
06-15-2014, 12:33 PM
Early 2000s Spurs >>> this ancient version of the Spurs and its not even close..

Its like comparing a prime version of Jordan to his Wizard years.. Both were the same person but not exactly the same player..

The Spurs that almost got sent home by the Sonics?

GimmeThat
06-15-2014, 12:52 PM
while what you are trying to say is that Kobe/Duncan has both gotten better over the years, and are now onto the decline.

yes

Kobetards have never played this version of Spurs

imnew09
06-15-2014, 12:57 PM
The Triangle offense would rape the Spurs today.

But yea, I have never played against the spurs,

ralph_i_el
06-15-2014, 01:38 PM

You're a ****ing idiot. These spurs dominated the west allyear. How exactly are they not even close? Just because their stars are older doesn't mean shit. Its a team game and this team is insane

selrahc
06-15-2014, 01:50 PM
you're right, because kobe played against a superior spurs with duncan, parker, and ginobili actually in their primes

SCdac
06-15-2014, 01:51 PM
Kobe is an afterthought in today's league

bigkingsfan
06-15-2014, 01:51 PM

Kobe dominated.

/thread.

A team that had only one clutch player.

Cold soul
06-15-2014, 01:54 PM
You're right Kobe played a superior vision of these Spurs in the early 2000's. Nice try but try again.

The_Pharcyde
06-15-2014, 01:59 PM
The Spurs that almost got sent home by the Sonics?
The spurs that ALMOST got sent home by the mavericks?

ThePhantomCreep
06-15-2014, 02:24 PM
The spurs that ALMOST got sent home by the mavericks?

Exactly.

The overrating of the 2014 Spurs have began. The LeBron Lassies will have believing they're the Dream Team by the time this series ends.

ralph_i_el
06-15-2014, 02:34 PM
Did nobody in this thread watch any spurs during the regular season? They were consistently masacring teams

DMAVS41
06-15-2014, 02:37 PM
Exactly.

The overrating of the 2014 Spurs have began. The LeBron Lassies will have believing they're the Dream Team by the time this series ends.

Bingo.

And they were an Ibaka injury away from at least going to 7 or perhaps going home against the Thunder.

This is a great Spurs team, but they are not some historic beast...nor are they better than the 05 through 07 Spurs either...

The Heat just seem over-rated at this point in all honesty...and I'm not just talking about this year. But this year, they played average in the regular season in an all time shit conference and then rolled to the finals beating nobody worth a mention.

They lucked out to win last year against an injured Spurs team...and they got their shit handed to them in 11.

Truth be told...if the Heat played in the West...they probably only have 1 title and perhaps only 1 finals appearance in the last 4 years.

At best, they have 2 titles and 2 finals appearances in 4 years.

Playing in the East has artificially raised the legacy of the Heat with this 4 finals crap. You switch the Heat for the Mavs right now...and the Mavs are in the finals and giving this Spurs team a much better series.

East is garbage....can't ignore it.

longtime lurker
06-15-2014, 02:39 PM
The 2008 Lakers would wreck this version of the Spurs

ralph_i_el
06-15-2014, 02:55 PM
the spurs were the best team in the regular season....playing in the west....not playing any player over 30 mpg.

No use talking to Kobetards I guess.

PickernRoller
06-15-2014, 02:57 PM

Kobe dominated.

/thread.

:roll: :roll:

PickernRoller
06-15-2014, 03:02 PM
the spurs were the best team in the regular season....playing in the west....not playing any player over 30 mpg.

How many times have Kobe and the Lakers wrecked the Spurs while the Spurs were the best team in the league in the regular season.

Prime example: 2001. Spurs #1 seed in the West, best record in the league - best defensive team in the league - twin towers at their peak. Result: Lakers sweep them in 4. Kobe has monstrous stats against them - at home and on the ROAD.

Spurtards never learn. Kobe and the Lakers own the Spurs. It's an uneven affair quite frankly and there is no sane Spur fan that questions this - unless of course said tards are willing to embarrass themselves and act like an idiot in front of everyone. ISH has many of them.....you know that's why SpursTalk exist - a place where Spurs fans can gather and talk without dealing with the simple fact that they were thoroughly dominated by the Lakers and Kobe for a decade.

J Shuttlesworth
06-15-2014, 03:03 PM

Kobe dominated.

/thread.
It took them the biggest rig in history to win that series

longtime lurker
06-15-2014, 03:06 PM

Yeah beating prime Dunca, Manu and Parker is much harder than beating prime Leonard and Danny Green

SCdac
06-15-2014, 03:11 PM
It's not like the Spurs in the mid 2000s never kicked the Lakers ass

http://sportsandgoal.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/shaq-kobe.jpg

PickernRoller
06-15-2014, 03:11 PM
It took them the biggest rig in history to win that series

More like the Kings choked - very apparent in game 7. More like Horry hit a clutch 3 and more like the refs started penalizing the Kings for f'cking up with Shaq in previous games and flopping left and right - game 6.

PickernRoller
06-15-2014, 03:12 PM
It's not like the Spurs in the mid 2000s never kicked the Lakers ass

http://sportsandgoal.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/shaq-kobe.jpg

6 games it took actually. Played bad defense....old and tired after a 3-peat - hunger wasn't the same. That year is the definition of vulturing your way through the Finals. A Spurs specialty.

What actually happened the following year? The Lakers demolished the Spurs again and went to the Finals....:oldlol: :oldlol:

A decade dominance over a franchise like no other: Lakers: Phill and Kobe over the Spurs: Pop, Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili.

SCdac
06-15-2014, 03:13 PM
6 games it took actually. Played bad defense....old and tired of a 3-peat. The definition of vulturing your way through the Finals.

What actually happened next year? Correct we demolished the Spurs again....:oldlol: :oldlol:

Eh, they beat up on each other. Just like the current Heat and Spurs. It happens. Spurs beat Shaq's Lakers in 99 too.

Artillery
06-15-2014, 03:16 PM
What actually happened next year? Correct we demolished the Spurs again....:oldlol: :oldlol:

:oldlol: Needing four HOFers to beat a one-man Spurs team.

Every team the Lakers played in '04 were one-man teams that had no reliable 2nd or 3rd options. '04 Wolves, '04 Spurs, etc. As soon as they played a deep team('04 Pistons) they got their teeth kicked in.

ralph_i_el
06-15-2014, 03:16 PM
Yeah beating prime Dunca, Manu and Parker is much harder than beating prime Leonard and Danny Green

you can throw out names and act like it means something when it clearly doesn't. Just because they were in their athletic primes doesn't make that team better than this one. I'm not a fan of any of these teams I just call it like I see it. Spurs walked through the league this season in an extremely tough west with basically no problem. They took teams apart like this all season. Them beating the Heat is not an upset.

It's a shame people's agendas and irrational kobe love prevent them from enjoying masterful basketball.

Lakers were irrelevant this season but nothing can happen in the NBA without everyone freaking out about how it impacts LA or Kobe's legacy.

Artillery
06-15-2014, 03:18 PM
Eh, they beat up on each other. Just like the current Heat and Spurs. It happens. Spurs beat Shaq's Lakers in 99 too.

And Kobe's Lakers in 2013. Unfortunately, Kobe was too chiickenshit to show up. Didin't want to get dominated by Leonard. Basically let Dwight take the brunt of all the embarrassment.

PickernRoller
06-15-2014, 03:18 PM

Every team the Lakers played in '04 were one-man teams that had no reliable 2nd or 3rd options. '04 Wolves, '04 Spurs, etc. As soon as they played a deep team('04 Pistons) they got their teeth kicked in.

:oldlol: :oldlol: Spurs were never a one man team - delusional but I expect that from a LeTard. The Pistons weren't deep, they just played great defense and they picked the right Lakers team to beat. A Laker team in total turmoil in the peak of the Shaq-Kobe feud and in the peak of the Colorado incident.

Nothing more, nothing less.

J Shuttlesworth
06-15-2014, 03:20 PM
More like the Kings choked - very apparent in game 7. More like Horry hit a clutch 3 and more like the refs started penalizing the Kings for f'cking up with Shaq in previous games and flopping left and right - game 6.
series should have been over in 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjRcTiwVEwo

PickernRoller
06-15-2014, 03:26 PM
series should have been over in 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjRcTiwVEwo

Same can be said for many "rigs" in recent history. 2012 Heat-Celtics WCF rings a bell....:roll: :roll:

We pick and chose rigs am I rite?

Ne 1
06-15-2014, 03:28 PM
Kobetards are emotionally off people who probably don't have much going on in their life because they choose to worship Kobe like a god in a very irrational manner, so I doubt they have ever played any version of the Spurs. Or are any good in basketball. (I know the OP meant the Lakers, but I wanted to respond to the title.)
Kobe detractors are emotionally off people who probably don't have much going on in their life because they choose to diminsh and degrade Kobe Bryant like they're one of Kate Faber's ex lovers in a very irrational manner. Your girl was a whore, get over it.

ThePhantomCreep
06-15-2014, 03:57 PM

Prime Duncan, Parker (18/7 in playoffs), Ginobili, and Bowen (ATG perimeter defender) is a one-man team?

Nice job using the 2004 Pistons to prop up the 2004 Spurs. That's not weak or anything.

PickernRoller
06-15-2014, 04:00 PM
Prime Duncan, Parker (18/7 in playoffs), Ginobili, and Bowen (ATG perimeter defender) is a one-man team?

Nice job using the 2004 Pistons to prop up the 2004 Spurs. That's not weak or anything.

Artillery is an alt of a clown here that has like 10 accounts. Dude is a massive LeTard that's already on the Duncan>Kobe bandwagon while his other alts do damage control for Lebron..... it's a simple game for him.

Kid is the worst piece of sh1t in this forum - one single poster. Basketball knowledge - none.

ThePhantomCreep
06-15-2014, 04:01 PM
Same can be said for many "rigs" in recent history. 2012 Heat-Celtics WCF rings a bell....:roll: :roll:

We pick and chose rigs am I rite?

Kings shoot more FTs in 2002 WCFs = Rig job! Stern, Donaghy, biggest tragedy in sports!

The Pistons shoot 60 more FTs in 2004 Finals = Perfectly legit. Nothing to see here.

IGOTGAME
06-15-2014, 04:04 PM
Maybe not, but the 2005 Spurs were better.

masonanddixon
06-15-2014, 04:24 PM
LOL this is the worst Spurs team to ever make the Finals.

Those teams in the early 2000s would have crushed this version.

Purch
06-15-2014, 04:24 PM
Peak Parker was from 2011 onward

masonanddixon
06-15-2014, 04:26 PM

How in hell were the Spurs a one man team?

It still had Manu and Parker

ILLsmak
06-15-2014, 05:29 PM
Yea I think that the reason the Heat fans are overrating the Spurs is that they can't comprehend any team beating their team this badly.

The truth is that the Heat are fat cats now. They thought they were gonna walk to another ring. They actually thought that last year and did, but this year... well it doesn't seem like it's going to happen.

I think the NBA would be happy with the Heat winning assuming they actually were trying out there. They are very entitled and it's surprising that their fans aren't angry at them for that.

I would be super pissed if I gave a shit about the Heat.

-Smak