PDA

View Full Version : So I thought LeBron was just "coasting" on defense all year?

russwest0
06-11-2014, 10:54 PM
Last nights showing was a putrid defensive display.

I just think it's funny that guys like Melo and Harden get ripped apart for playing bad defense but when LeBron plays bad defense he gets a pass, and sometimes even praised for just "coasting."

These last 2 years in the playoffs LeBrons defense has been sub par at best. I think it's time we admit that he's simply not a good defender at this stage in his career.

inclinerator
06-11-2014, 10:56 PM
he was playing good d, good o beats good d

Wang Zhi Zhi
06-11-2014, 11:39 PM
op waited all playoffs to make this thread :lol

outbreak
06-11-2014, 11:43 PM
WHile I agree he has slowed down a bit saying he played bad defence and is not good on defence any more is insane.

Keno
06-11-2014, 11:48 PM
one fluke shooting night by kawhi doesn't mean lebron played bad defense.

russwest0
06-11-2014, 11:50 PM
WHile I agree he has slowed down a bit saying he played bad defence and is not good on defence any more is insane.

Watch the ECF or Finals last year. He played pretty consistently bad defense throughout.

This year it's harder to gauge because he didn't face any competition in the first 3 rounds of the playoffs.

outbreak
06-11-2014, 11:57 PM
Watch the ECF or Finals last year. He played pretty consistently bad defense throughout.

This year it's harder to gauge because he didn't face any competition in the first 3 rounds of the playoffs.

Nah I think the problem is that your an idiot.

TheMilkyBarKid
06-11-2014, 11:58 PM

Idiot, you don't deserve a reply but you get one.
Waste of life forms like yourself should be put on permanent exchange for starving African kids.

Solefade
06-12-2014, 12:04 AM
http://giant.gfycat.com/FavoriteCharmingAfricanmolesnake.gif

has bron ever gotten ****ed up like this by a ryan kelly-esque player before while trying really hard?

J Shuttlesworth
06-12-2014, 12:06 AM
OP is an idiot, but I'll give him something...

LeBron was pretty bad on man to man D last night. He took a lot of gambles (which did result in 5 steals) but those gambles often led to open shots. You can pull that kind of shit against a shit offensive team like the Pacers, but not the Spurs. His defense was good in games 1 and 2 though, and the steals he made almost compensate for his bad D on Leonard. He actually seemed tired last night in the 2nd half... not that that's an excuse, but it's just how it seemed.

russwest0
06-12-2014, 12:07 AM

has bron ever gotten ****ed up like this by a ryan kelly-esque player before while trying really hard?

that is your definition of getting "****ed up?" biting on a pump fake leading to an assist :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

russwest0
06-12-2014, 12:17 AM
Nah I think the problem is that your an idiot.

Tell me, who was the primary defender on Ginobli the ONE game he played well in the finals last year?

Who was the primary defender on Parker late in game one where Parker played great and won the game for the Spurs?

Who, on the Heat, got burned on the perimiter in last years ECF the most?

Who was the primary defender on Lance Stephenson in his best game last year in the ECF?

Who gave up 3-4 WIDE OPEN THREE'S from flopping for the call in the ECF last year? (though I suppose multiple Heat players are guilty of this)

dubeta
06-12-2014, 12:19 AM
OP is an idiot, but I'll give him something...

LeBron was pretty bad on man to man D last night. He took a lot of gambles (which did result in 5 steals) but those gambles often led to open shots. You can pull that kind of shit against a shit offensive team like the Pacers, but not the Spurs. His defense was good in games 1 and 2 though, and the steals he made almost compensate for his bad D on Leonard. He actually seemed tired last night in the 2nd half... not that that's an excuse, but it's just how it seemed.

Bolded was enough :lol

russwest0
06-12-2014, 12:19 AM
Last year in the final two rounds, LeBron played good defense for like 4 minutes total on Parker (who was banged up) and played great defense in game 7 on Paul George last year (though George was also chucking up stupid shots). I've acknowledged those performances, so why can't you guys who are trying to come across as unbiased acknowledge his bad ones?

I don't get why everyone criticizes the guy on offense so much but ignores the moments where he plays horrible defense. His defense last night did far more self damage to the Heat than his offense did.

dubeta
06-12-2014, 12:20 AM

LMAO

/thread

And if OP is basing defense on just the playoffs, then shouldnt chris paul be labelled the GOAT defender for locking down the 4 time scoring champ? :roll:

J Shuttlesworth
06-12-2014, 12:26 AM
Who was the primary defender on Parker late in game one where Parker played great and won the game for the Spurs?
That was an insanely well defended shot.... and Parker has played like shit overall when LeBron is covering him.

Who, on the Heat, got burned on the perimiter in last years ECF the most?

You're telling me the that the best player on the Pacers scored the most points? Who woulda thunk? :facepalm And how bout LeBron shutting down George all ECF until he got in foul trouble and then George dropped 20 pts on Wade in the 4th? :facepalm

Who was the primary defender on Lance Stephenson in his best game last year in the ECF?
Who was the primary defender in Stephenson's worst games? :facepalm

Solefade
06-12-2014, 12:41 AM
that is your definition of getting "****ed up?" biting on a pump fake leading to an assist :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

look at how hard he's trying to guard ryan kelly :roll: :roll:

you try hard you die hard

russwest0
06-12-2014, 12:50 AM
This J Shuttlesworth dude is such a big lebron dickeater, holy hell :oldlol:

Droid101
06-12-2014, 12:53 AM
Who on earth doesn't have him on ignore?

TheMilkyBarKid
06-12-2014, 01:06 AM
Mate you can't talk crap about anyone on here, from wilds09, to freshkid, to russwest0 and whatever has been in between you have been nothing but an attention seeking bottom feeder.

JUDGE WITNESS
06-12-2014, 01:35 AM
lol @ u comparing melo and harden defense to what lebron played

oarabbus
06-12-2014, 02:22 AM
lol @ u comparing melo and harden defense to what lebron played

This.

Well Melo's defense was passable this year. Harden is just god awful.

J Shuttlesworth
06-12-2014, 02:24 AM
No rebuttal as always. Surprised you even showed back up in this thread this time :lol

AintNoSunshine
06-12-2014, 03:55 AM
He was coasting again last night:confusedshrug:

dabigbaws
06-12-2014, 03:59 AM

:facepalm

its a pump fake while sprinting and he still wouldve blocked the shot if he didnt pass it

Rodmantheman
06-12-2014, 04:15 AM
Mate you can't talk crap about anyone on here, from wilds09, to freshkid, to russwest0 and whatever has been in between you have been nothing but an attention seeking bottom feeder.

:lebronamazed:

masonanddixon
06-12-2014, 04:53 AM

Thats actually a nice move by Kelly. I know you're trying to make a racist statement by showing Durant getting shook by a white player but everyone in the NBA is there for a reason

DJ Leon Smith
06-12-2014, 05:00 AM

"While trying really hard" - you just proved everyone's point about LeBron.

FUN FACT: Ryan Kelly averaged almost double Jason Terry's PPG this season.

buddha
06-12-2014, 05:05 AM
he has stretches where he plays good D, but most of the time he is letting people blow by him. it's a mentality thing. If he had Tony Allen's mindset he could be a great defender. I guess that's the price of being a beta. show me one good defender who is a beta and I will show you my 12 inch ****.

TheMilkyBarKid
06-12-2014, 08:02 AM
he has stretches where he plays good D, but most of the time he is letting people blow by him. it's a mentality thing. If he had Tony Allen's mindset he could be a great defender. I guess that's the price of being a beta. show me one good defender who is a beta and I will show you my 12 inch ****.
If he had the role Tony Allen had I'm sure Lebron could do a better job of it than Allen. The thing is, if Lebron concentrates on D, does a fantastic job and averages around say 20 points a game he's going to get criticized.
I don't think people understand how much it takes out of someone to give 100% effort play after play, hence why we often see great defenders getting blown by - there's a good chance they are physically exhausted.
Maybe everyone on here is an elite athlete though, so they have pretty high standards in terms of fitness :confusedshrug:

edrick
06-12-2014, 08:16 AM

The only thing Tony Allen does well is play D. Lebron has to do far more than just play defense. He can't use all of his energy up on either end.