PDA

View Full Version : Once again Tony Parker holding Miami's PGs to nothing.

ninephive
06-11-2014, 12:16 AM
Last year he did the same thing and made Chalmers and Cole non-existent. Do Chalmers and Cole have to have negative points for him to get some credit on the defensive end?

bigkingsfan
06-11-2014, 12:17 AM
Chalmers outscored him in game 6 and 7.

ninephive
06-11-2014, 12:26 AM
Chalmers outscored him in game 6 and 7.
Lol, by a COMBINED 5 total points on your 2 cherry-picked games out of a 7 game series. Parker still averaged over 5 points more a game on better shooting while injured.

bond10
06-11-2014, 12:27 AM
Lol, by a COMBINED 5 total points on your 2 cherry-picked games out of a 7 game series. Parker still averaged over 5 points more a game on better shooting while injured.

ether

bigkingsfan
06-11-2014, 12:27 AM
Looks existent to me. Getting outscored by a 5th option. :no:

Keno
06-11-2014, 12:29 AM
chalmers is just trash and cole is inconsistent. not because of parker.

joeyjoejoe
06-11-2014, 12:33 AM
I know your a huge parker guy but so far duncan has been better in every game

ninephive
06-11-2014, 12:34 AM
chalmers is just trash and cole is inconsistent. not because of parker.
Exactly, Parker's in a no-win situation. If Chalmers and Cole go off, he will get criticized for his lack of defense. But when he's moving his feet and taking charges and playing good defense, it doesn't matter. Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

joeyjoejoe
06-11-2014, 12:40 AM
Also while cp3 held his own against westbrook Parker was outplayed every game and game 6 in okc where spurs where down ten at halftime then parker was taken out for the rest of the game but spurs came back to win does not look good for tony

ninephive
06-11-2014, 12:42 AM
I know your a huge parker guy but so far duncan has been better in every game
Fair enough, but Parker is scoring more and holding his guys to low percentages and bad numbers, while Bosh is once again having a great shooting series. Like I said last year when Birdman and Bosh shot the ball incredibly, I don't think Duncan is playing bad defense nevessarily. I just think Parker gets underrated when it comes to the defensive end. Case in point is last year on the Allen 3, Parker guards both Lebron's 3 and Allen's 3, which were on opposite sides of the court.

Mr. Jabbar
06-11-2014, 12:43 AM
tony packet

Inferno
06-11-2014, 12:43 AM
Fair enough, but Parker is scoring more and holding his guys to low percentages and bad numbers, while Bosh is once again having a great shooting series. Like I said last year when Birdman and Bosh shot the ball incredibly, I don't think Duncan is playing bad defense nevessarily. I just think Parker gets underrated when it comes to the defensive end. Case in point is last year on the Allen 3, Parker guards both Lebron's 3 and Allen's 3, which were on opposite sides of the court.

Yeah, Parker's underrated defensively. IIRC he did pretty well on Lillard too.

ninephive
06-11-2014, 12:44 AM
Also while cp3 held his own against westbrook Parker was outplayed every game and game 6 in okc where spurs where down ten at halftime then parker was taken out for the rest of the game but spurs came back to win does not look good for tony
Yah it looks that way at a glance. It's the same with Duncan. They score 20 and it looks like they didn't score at all. Meanwhile, Mills goes for 5 points tonight and my Facebook feed is saying that the Spurs need to replace Parker with Mills.

Artillery
06-11-2014, 12:46 AM

C'mon now. Westbrook took a giant dump on Parker in the Conference Finals. TP didn't even show up in the second half of game 6 cause he was so intimidated by Russel. Needed the two old men on the team to bail him out.

ninephive
06-11-2014, 12:50 AM
C'mon now. Westbrook took a giant dump on Parker in the Conference Finals. TP didn't even show up in the second half of game 6 cause he was so intimidated by Russel. Needed the two old men on the team to bail him out.
I was close to taking you seriously for a second. Parker may be the only player who is expected to play at a HIGHER level when he's injured.

imdaman99
06-11-2014, 12:51 AM
It feels like Patty Mills is the better defender to me :confusedshrug:

ninephive
06-11-2014, 12:53 AM
Parker held Lilliard to scoring numbers below his regular season average (both in points and percentage), but what makes it more impressive is that Lilliard had gone off against Houston the round before.

ninephive
06-11-2014, 12:54 AM
:confusedshrug:

ninephive
06-11-2014, 12:59 AM
For instance, as an example, it doesn't feel like Parker is leading the Spurs in scoring after 3 games, but he is.

2swift4u
06-11-2014, 01:03 AM
Chalmers and Cole suck so it's not really a great achievement to outplay them. Chalmers most likely wouldn't start on any other NBA team. Well Cole at least plays hard and doesn't comitt stupid fouls and dirty plays like Chalmers but a lot of teams have much better back up PGs too.

Artillery
06-11-2014, 01:07 AM
Chalmers and Cole suck so it's not really a great achievement to outplay them. Chalmers most likely wouldn't start on any other NBA team. Well Cole at least plays hard and doesn't comitt stupid fouls and dirty plays like Chalmers but a lot of teams have much better back up PGs too.

Pretty much. Chalmers is a scrub. The fact that TP was outscored by him in game 6 and 7 last year is huge black mark on his legacy. TP as a whole was pretty bad in those Finals.

tpols
06-11-2014, 01:08 AM
Tony Parker isnt really stopping them himself.. just funneling to duncan and closing out well. He did great job chasing ray allen around though.

imdaman99
06-11-2014, 01:09 AM
Why wasn't he ever on Westbrook in the last round? Please explain.

tpols
06-11-2014, 01:14 AM
Why wasn't he ever on Westbrook in the last round? Please explain.

Because he's 4 inches taller than him and way stronger.. hes the biggest most athletic PG in the league and tore everybody a new asshole.

He shot 60% against Mike Conley in the first round and hes known as one of the best defenders in the league

ninephive
06-11-2014, 01:24 AM
Pretty much. Chalmers is a scrub. The fact that TP was outscored by him in game 6 and 7 last year is huge black mark on his legacy. TP as a whole was pretty bad in those Finals.
In terms of percentages, how much do you think Parker's injury impacted him?

Hittin_Shots
06-11-2014, 01:57 AM
He's shutting down the superstar duo of Chalmers and Cole? OMG

joeyjoejoe
06-11-2014, 02:25 AM
He is a very good pg in his own right, not many others could do what pop has him does so efficiently but he did look outmatched against westbrook though will say wb got a lot of love from refs this postseason