PDA

View Full Version : Is Al Horford the most versatile center in the league?

atljonesbro
06-03-2014, 10:47 AM
He does basically everything a center needs to do very well. Good low post scorer, good face up game, elite mid range game, good rebounder, good passer, good quickness, runs the floor ver well, good pnr game; good man to man defender and good help defender. He's so versatile which is why I think he's a top 5 center in the league.

JohnFreeman
06-03-2014, 10:57 AM
kk

roffie
06-03-2014, 10:58 AM
hes aiiite broo

JohnMax
06-03-2014, 11:21 AM
Needs to move to PF to prevent injuries

Rocketswin2013
06-03-2014, 11:21 AM
If Cousins reacted better on defense he would be, easily.

BlazerRed
06-03-2014, 11:28 AM
Does Al still play?

-Lebron23-
06-03-2014, 11:48 AM
Not a go-to guy but an excellent offensive player. His passing is underrated as is his ability to run the floor with smaller players. Good midrange jumper, finishes strong... His footwork isn't that good but the rest of his game is very solid. He would be a great fit on almost any team that is trying to win games.

Heat (for Bosh)
Spurs (for anybody but Duncan)
OKC (for Ibaka or Porkins)
Warriors (for Lee)
Bulls (for Loozer or Gibson)
Imagine if he played for any of those teams :bowdown:

tontoz
06-03-2014, 12:12 PM
Horford is not a good post up scorer. He doesn't run the pick and roll well either. He will take a step or two towards the basket and then stop.

He has a good midrange shot and I would think he would use that to draw out opposing bigs and drive by them. He rarely does that though.

I used to follow the Hawks when i lived in Atlanta and his reluctance to take it to the basket used to be really annoying. There is no excuse for him getting to the foul line only 3 times per game.

Nastradamus
06-03-2014, 12:16 PM
He's as good as Aldridge who gets a lot more pub

CavaliersFTW
06-03-2014, 12:18 PM
Not a good rim protector, which is one of the most important abilities a good center must have. Horford is a good center offensively, defensively I don't think he's big enough, he's only about 6-8 without shoes.

Nastradamus
06-03-2014, 12:52 PM
Yah, he's all PF.

hawkfan
06-03-2014, 03:42 PM
The most versatile? No - Boris Diaw is, as he can post up, shoot midrange and three pointers, can handle the ball, is the best passing center in the league, and he can guard LeBron James.

Horford couldn't pick up LeBron for any extended period, unless it was an absolute emergency.

That said, Horford is still a great player, but he needs to improve his three point shot.

I'd really love for the Hawks to trade Louis Williams (expirer) for Andrea Bargnani (expirer). That would give us another three point shooter at center besides Antic. Louis is great, but Shelvin Mack needs his minutes and Dennis Schroeder will need more minutes next season - so trading out Louis clears up some more minutes for these two.

tommy3
06-03-2014, 03:45 PM
He's not a center

atljonesbro
06-03-2014, 03:45 PM
He's not a center
He's played center ever since he's been in the league. He's been in the league longer than he's been in college. He's a center.

SwishSquared
06-03-2014, 04:22 PM
He's played center ever since he's been in the league. He's been in the league longer than he's been in college. He's a center.
ATL seems to be looking for a C to move Al over to PF. Or trading Al to gain a big haul and keep Millsap at PF. I think people think he'd have less wear/tear if he played majority of minutes at PF.

andremiller07
06-03-2014, 11:04 PM
, I rate Horford as high as you could rate him he's got a excellent game and seems like a guy you would want to play with.

I would offer 8th pick + Jason Thompson + Derrick Williams for Al Horford and the Hawks would reject it but.