PDA

View Full Version : Melo iz better than Durant and heres why....

Real14
06-01-2014, 02:16 AM
Melo plays better in tha post, has that aggresive scorers mentally creating shots better too. Plus imagine if melo had westbrook, team like OKC and ref treatment like durant?? Would durant still be better??:biggums: I seriously doubted:coleman: What y'all think?

imdaman99
06-01-2014, 02:19 AM
I used to think that Durant had far surpassed Melo... then the playoffs happened.

I still think KD is better, but it's closer than everyone thinks it is.

If Melo had Westbrook as his point guardzilla (instead of Felton :roll: ), they would be battling the Heat in the ECFs for years.

Real14
06-01-2014, 02:24 AM
I used to think that Durant had far surpassed Melo... then the playoffs happened.

I still think KD is better, but it's closer than everyone thinks it is.

If Melo had Westbrook as his point guardzilla (instead of Felton :roll: ), they would be battling the Heat in the ECFs for years.
Yea felton sure ain't no westbrook and amare and j.r didn't start playing good until tha very end of tha season:facepalm . We even had a chance to play tha cheat last year but stern wanted it easy for lebronzanella to win his asterisk ring by sending tha indiana overraterz to tha line mad timez for no damn reason:lol

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 02:25 AM
I have said all year that Melo is still better offensively. Shit, Melo is probably better defensively as well.

215Philly
06-01-2014, 02:26 AM
He Melo got phantom calls, his fg% would skyrocket

Real14
06-01-2014, 02:29 AM
I have said all year that Melo is still better offensively. Shit, Melo is probably better defensively as well.
Amen:applause:

Ancient Legend
06-01-2014, 02:29 AM
Funny how people are saying Melo surpassed Paul George and possibly KD these playoffs without even playing :rockon:

I'd put them in terms of overall impact not just scoring:

#5 KD
#6 Melo

#12 George

Real14
06-01-2014, 02:31 AM
True story.

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 02:33 AM
Give Melo the best PG, top 5 PF and the OKC bench and he would contend.

andremiller07
06-01-2014, 02:34 AM
Melo would average like 35+ with Durrants phantom calls.

moe94
06-01-2014, 02:35 AM
You Melo nuts are delusional.

pastis
06-01-2014, 02:38 AM

what is wrong with you. thought you were ne of the no-troll posters

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 03:34 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1875237/meloHOF.gif

RoundMoundOfReb
06-01-2014, 03:37 AM
Durant is much better than Melo. I will say this though, Durant's is really bad on his off ball defense.

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 03:39 AM
Durant is much better than Melo. I will say this though, Durant's is really bad on his off ball defense.
:biggums:

Milbuck
06-01-2014, 03:54 AM
OP's a *** but seriously, Melo is criminally underrated here.

hawksdogsbraves
06-01-2014, 03:59 AM
Let's be real here for a second.

Melo gets way too much shit on here, but he's a great player. A top 10 player in the league.

But Durant is in a class above him. Melo is sitting here not in the PLAYOFFS in the East, and Durant is busy winning MVP's and losing tough series in the WCF. It's not close, it's not a competition, Durant is one of the all time greats, and Melo is just another 'great', (aka good) player.

IamRAMBO24
06-01-2014, 04:01 AM
Get the ferk out of here with your stupid knee jerk reaction. Durant is by far a much better player than Melo. He built the Thunder from scratch; Melo can't do that with all that money Dolan is over paying in luxury tax. Even Westbrook would be like, "Damn this niqqa hella selfish" if they ever play together. Melo is a cancer on any team and will never reach the same heights as Durant. Ever. He is the most immature, selfish player in the league and cannot be a true leader who is as humble.

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 04:01 AM

Melo gets way too much shit on here, but he's a great player. A top 10 player in the league.

But Durant is in a class above him. Melo is sitting here not in the PLAYOFFS in the East, and Durant is busy winning MVP's and losing tough series in the WCF. It's not close, it's not a competition, Durant is one of the all time greats, and Melo is just another 'great', (aka good) player.
He is not even top 50..

IamRAMBO24
06-01-2014, 04:02 AM
He is not even top 50..

Easily top 50.

Relinquish
06-01-2014, 04:04 AM
Easily top 50.

Top 50 biggest betas, I agree.

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 04:07 AM
Easily top 50.
Paul Pierce is ahead of him...

IamRAMBO24
06-01-2014, 04:08 AM
Top 50 biggest betas, I agree.

He's humble. It doesn't mean he's beta. Some of the biggest alphas are the most humble people alive. They know they are at the top of the food chain, so they don't need to front as if they are more alpha than everybody else. A true beta would be someone like you: someone who talks a lot of sh*t on the internet but has never duked it out in a real game, but yet, you feel the need to classify a warrior as beta to front like a b*tch.

IamRAMBO24
06-01-2014, 04:10 AM
Paul Pierce is ahead of him...

Of course he is. He's already f*ckin about to retire and Durant is just getting started. So far, he is a much better player than Pierce ever was and the future is looking much brighter for him than your sh*tty top 50 list.

hawksdogsbraves
06-01-2014, 04:10 AM
I'm not a Durant lover. In fact, I kind of think he's a *****.

But when it's all said and done, he will be a top 10 player. It's clear to see.

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 04:12 AM
Of course he is. He's already f*ckin about to retire and Durant is just getting started. So far, he is a much better player than Pierce ever was and the future is looking much brighter for him than your sh*tty top 50 list.
So then how is Durant top 50, if Pierce if better then him?

russwest0
06-01-2014, 04:13 AM
Lmao, Melo has never had a postseason run coming anywhere close to what KD did in 2012.

moe94
06-01-2014, 04:14 AM

Durant is already top 50. How is that a question. List 50 careers better than MVP + multiple first team selections. Go ahead.

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 04:16 AM
Durant is already top 50. How is that a question. List 50 careers better than MVP + multiple first team selections. Go ahead.
Nah too much time. Wilkins and Worthy are better then him. He isn't a top 5 SF

TAZORAC
06-01-2014, 04:18 AM
Melo plays better in tha post, has that aggresive scorers mentally creating shots better too. Plus imagine if melo had westbrook, team like OKC and ref treatment like durant?? Would durant still be better??:biggums: I seriously doubted:coleman: What y'all think?

Anthony and Durant are equal. Anthony does some things better and Durant does other things better. Anthony is better in the post because he's stronger and has a better mid-range game. Durant is a better shooter, and is better off the dribble. It's people who are just equals.

IamRAMBO24
06-01-2014, 04:18 AM

Pierce won a ring, but Durant is by far a much better player and will accomplish much more than he ever will. It's just stupid to compare a veteran who is at the end of his career to a prime who is just getting started. That is like me saying Fisher is much better than Paul because he has more rings.

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 04:19 AM
Anthony and Durant are equal. Anthony does some things better and Durant does other things better. Anthony is better in the post because he's stronger and has a better mid-range game. Durant is a better shooter, and is better off the dribble. It's people who are just equals.
In what way?

MellowYellow
06-01-2014, 04:21 AM
Reggie Jackson saved him from getting eliminated in the first round:facepalm

IamRAMBO24
06-01-2014, 04:21 AM

Melo has never made it to the finals. Melo has never won MVP. Melo is not a consistent all nba first team selection. Melo can't even make it to the playoffs in a sh*tty eastern conference. That's the difference.

MellowYellow
06-01-2014, 04:22 AM
Melo has never made it to the finals. Melo has never won MVP. Melo is not a consistent all nba first team selection. Melo can't even make it to the playoffs in a sh*tty eastern conference. That's the difference.

he also has a 2nd best player that is worse than okc's 4th best player.

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 04:22 AM
But he doesn't have the best point guard in the league, top 5 power forward and a good bench...

IamRAMBO24
06-01-2014, 04:25 AM
he also has a 2nd best player that is worse than okc's 4th best player.

So f*ckin what? The guys on Durant's team are getting better just playing with him. Can't say the same thing with Melo. He is a cancer. That is a definition of a cancer: a player who fails to make the guys around him better. You Melo fans will always rationalize why he sucks so bad .. and it's really that .. he can't for the life of him push the guys around him to challenge themselves and take it to the next level. He's simply not on the same level as Lebron, Durant, Kobe, and Jordan because of that.

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 04:27 AM
So f*ckin what? The guys on Durant's team are getting better just playing with him. Can't say the same thing with Melo. He is a cancer. That is a definition of a cancer: a player who fails to make the guys around him better. You Melo fans will always rationalize why he sucks so bad .. and it's really that .. he can't for the life of him push the guys around him to challenge themselves and take it to the next level. He's simply not on the same level as Lebron, Durant, Kobe, and Jordan because of that.
Melo had Jr Smith and Felton starting

IamRAMBO24
06-01-2014, 04:28 AM
But he doesn't have the best point guard in the league, top 5 power forward and a good bench...

If Melo was their leader, they wouldn't be top PG and PF. Durant, like Jordan, built that team from scratch and should be commended for it.

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 04:29 AM
If Melo was their leader, they wouldn't be top PG and PF. Durant, like Jordan, built that team from scratch and should be commended for it.
Yes they would....they are talented. Westbrook just outplayed Durant in the playoffs...

IamRAMBO24
06-01-2014, 04:30 AM
Melo had Jr Smith and Felton starting

Excuses.

When Pippen went out, Jordan was still dominating; when westbrook went down, Durant took over; when Wade was injured, Lebron did his thing. When the Knicks are struggling, Melo blames everybody else.

That's the difference. Legit stars don't whine and complain and blame everybody else.

MellowYellow
06-01-2014, 04:31 AM

Kobe couldn't do it, Jordan couldn't even do it. Did you see Jordan's teams before pippen, and Jackson. How bout the 04-05 lakers? Fact is nobody can do it alone and making teammates better is a myth. Players are what they are.

KDthunderup
06-01-2014, 04:32 AM
He's humble. It doesn't mean he's beta. Some of the biggest alphas are the most humble people alive. They know they are at the top of the food chain, so they don't need to front as if they are more alpha than everybody else. A true beta would be someone like you: someone who talks a lot of sh*t on the internet but has never duked it out in a real game, but yet, you feel the need to classify a warrior as beta to front like a b*tch.
:lebronamazed:

Don't do em like that son

IamRAMBO24
06-01-2014, 04:34 AM
Kobe couldn't do it, Jordan couldn't even do it. Did you see Jordan's teams before pippen, and Jackson. How bout the 04-05 lakers? Fact is nobody can do it alone and making teammates better is a myth. Players are what they are.

Yes.

Jordan did more without Pippen and Jackson than what Melo has accomplished in his entire career.

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 04:35 AM
Yes.

Jordan did more without Pippen and Jackson than what Melo has accomplished in his entire career.
Like?

Kvnzhangyay
06-01-2014, 04:36 AM
Yes.

Except Jordan didn't accomplish much without Pippen....

MellowYellow
06-01-2014, 04:36 AM
Yes.

Wrong, Jordan made it to the ecf and Melo made it to the wcf, and Jordan still had young Pippen for that. Before Pippen Jordan never made it out of the 1st round.

Milbuck
06-01-2014, 04:39 AM
I'm not arguing Melo > KD...but some of Rambo's points are legit retarded.

You understand that Melo has made the conference finals, right?

If Melo was their leader, they wouldn't be top PG and PF. Durant built that team from scratch and should be commended for it.

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 04:40 AM
I'm not arguing Melo > KD...but some of the points Rambo is making are legit retarded.

You understand that Melo has made the conference finals, right?

Yeah, Rambo is a fvcking idiot. Clearly Melo would do better with the OKC roster..

IamRAMBO24
06-01-2014, 04:45 AM
Like?

1. All star starter in his rookie season
2. 28 pts on 51% as a rookie
3. Rookie of the year
4. 63 points in a playoff game
5. 37 ppg in his 3rd year
6. League MVP and Defensive player of the year in 88.
7. Made it to the ECF in 88 also.

andremiller07
06-01-2014, 04:47 AM
Never been so disappointed in my alt, OKC does not even have a top 10 PF bro, when he can dominate Matt Bonnar let me know but.

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 04:47 AM
Never been so disappointed in my alt, OKC does not even have a top 10 PF bro, when he can dominate Matt Bonnar let me know but.
Ibaka is top 5, come on..

IamRAMBO24
06-01-2014, 04:48 AM
Yeah, Rambo is a fvcking idiot. Clearly Melo would do better with the OKC roster..

Why the f*ck are you calling me an idiot when you are using a hypothetical and trying to pass it off as fact?

Durant clearly built the Thunder and just throwing Melo in there thinking it'll be the same sh*t is beyond retarded.

Real14
06-01-2014, 04:48 AM
OP's a *** but seriously, Melo is criminally underrated here.
He's tha most underrated to me, but whats your problem tho Milphuck?:biggums: Don't come at me like that youngin:coleman: Don't let me talk about your sewer infested team:no:

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 04:50 AM
Why the f*ck are you calling me an idiot when you are using a hypothetical and trying to pass it off as fact?

Durant clearly built the Thunder and just throwing Melo in there thinking it'll be the same sh*t is beyond retarded.
How did Durant build the Thunder? .

MellowYellow

Melo took a lesser team to the WCF himself, not farfetched to think that Melo could do everything Durant did with OKC and possibly more.

andremiller07
Ibaka is top 5, come on..
He' not even better than Diaw (give Diaw starting PF mins with Durrant and WB)

Taj Gibson is overall better than Ibaka

Nene, Milsap, Horford, Griffin, LMA, Duncan, Love, David West, Anthony Davis, Bosh and there's more I just cbf thinking off atm. Not even close he's top 5 PF if you meant out of the 4 teams remaining.

Real14

Switch Melo for Durant and see which team advances further.

IamRAMBO24
06-01-2014, 04:51 AM
How did Durant build the Thunder? .

Been there from day 1 when they were a sh*t team and Ibaka and Westbrook were nobodies. Westbrook is Durant's Pippen and Ibaka is his Kukoc.

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 04:51 AM
Melo took a lesser team to the WCF himself, not farfetched to think that Melo could do everything Durant did with OKC and possibly more.
Exactly...

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 04:52 AM
Been there from day 1 when they were a sh*t team and Ibaka and Westbrook were nobodies. Westbrook is Durant's Pippen and Ibaka is his Kukoc.
Westbrook just outplayed Durant all playoffs...

Milbuck
06-01-2014, 04:53 AM
:facepalm

He's tha most underrated to me, but whats your problem tho Milphuck?:biggums: Don't come at me like that youngin:coleman: Don't let me talk about your sewer infested team:no:
I'm a fan of yours, just wanted a reaction.

IamRAMBO24
06-01-2014, 04:57 AM

Yes it is far fetch since it is a hypothetical. You're pulling sh*t out of your a*s without any actual real facts to back it up.

Fact 1:

Durant has improved his team every year.

Fact 2:

Melo has not.

It's really that simple.

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 04:59 AM
Yes it is far fetch since it is a hypothetical. You're pulling sh*t out of your a*s without any actual real facts to back it up.

Fact 1:

Fact 2:

Melo has not.

It's really that simple.
He hasn't returned to the finals? They have got worse if anything...

andremiller07
06-01-2014, 05:01 AM
This since Harden left they have got worse and should have been eliminated in the first round this year had the NBA not intervened.

IamRAMBO24
06-01-2014, 05:06 AM

You win some you lose some. Still a legit contender every year. You can't say the same thing about Melo. You can put him on the Heat and he'll find some way to f*ck it up. He's the same type of player as Iverson: too selfish and arrogant to take winning seriously.

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 05:08 AM
You win some you lose some. Still a legit contender every year. You can't say the same thing about Melo. You can put him on the Heat and he'll find some way to f*ck it up. He's the same type of player as Iverson: too selfish and arrogant to take winning seriously.
Weren't you bitching about hypotheticals before? Melo has nowhere near the talent on his roster as Durant does..simple

MellowYellow
06-01-2014, 05:09 AM

Melo on the Heat would go fo fo fo, and they wouldn't even let the west play them. Just give them the title.

Marlo_Stanfield
06-01-2014, 05:11 AM
lol
Rambo24 jumped ship to durant an now is trying so save face:oldlol: :oldlol:

moe94
06-01-2014, 05:13 AM
Nah too much time. Wilkins and Worthy are better then him. He isn't a top 5 SF

You're insane. :oldlol:

JohnFreeman
06-01-2014, 05:13 AM
:confusedshrug:

IamRAMBO24
06-01-2014, 05:15 AM
Melo on the Heat would go fo fo fo, and they wouldn't even let the west play them. Just give them the title.

How would you know? Seriously, this is just a generic line of thinking. What looks good on paper doesn't look good in realtime.

This is why I hate hypotheticals. You can just throw whatever sh*t and see what fits.

IamRAMBO24
06-01-2014, 05:16 AM
lol
Rambo24 jumped ship to durant an now is trying so save face:oldlol: :oldlol:

The f*ck you talking about?

Inferno
06-01-2014, 05:23 AM
No matter how you twist it, KD > Melo offensively. Melo > KD defensively and at rebounding doe.

Lonely_Sandberg
06-01-2014, 05:24 AM
Melo can't drag Knicks to playoffs > Durant in WCF?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_uIKkeJ-lImU/R-RMA56QafI/AAAAAAAAAN8/WDgdhfepTdI/s400/AndyMirror.jpg

Unstop
06-01-2014, 05:30 AM
im not a durant fan ,but why would anyone take melo above durant? melo had several good teammates. just remember amare ,everyone thought they would become a powerhouse and nowadays everyone says amare sucks...and he does, but he was really good at phoenix.
so back then people would ve said that anyone teaming up with amare would be instant contenders.
but the true fact that melo couldnt accomplish anything with the knicks is kinda sad. his support wasnt that bad.
there are other players who were kinda good , but now people talk shi.t about them.
tyson chandler paired up with nowitzki won a championship and some delusional people would say that dirk won his ring "just" because of him and then talk like chandler is not himself in new york and just sucks, but melo is just not the person people can really play with. melo is a really good scorer , but you need more than just have similiar stats like durant.

just saying. i liked melo back in denver ,but hes not the leader and winner type i thought he was. if he cant motivate his teammates than hes worth nothing for a franchise and blaming all his mates is just a joke.
i also remember that some people were saying that the knicks would be title contenders , but hey they lost and everyone was saying that melo had no support.
its just a joke how people change their opinion from one day to another.

Real14
06-01-2014, 05:34 AM
I'm a fan of yours, just wanted a reaction.
itz all good bro:cheers:

Real14
06-01-2014, 05:35 AM
don't sleep on J-worth:no:

Real14
06-01-2014, 05:36 AM

Fact 1:

Fact 2:

Melo has not.

It's really that simple.
What you smoking dis morning?:lol

Real14
06-01-2014, 05:38 AM
:coleman:

absalom
06-01-2014, 09:36 AM
ISH double standard: If Durant cant succeed with Westbrook et al, it is Brooks fault while if Melo cant do it with chandler etc he is a cancer? :confusedshrug:

Springsteen
06-01-2014, 09:39 AM
:facepalm :facepalm :biggums: :facepalm :facepalm

......................................__.......... ......................................
.............................,-~*`

greymatter
06-01-2014, 09:48 AM
Only thing Melo is better than Durant at is stuffing his face.

Real14
06-05-2014, 10:47 AM
ISH double standard: If Durant cant succeed with Westbrook et al, it is Brooks fault while if Melo cant do it with chandler etc he is a cancer? :confusedshrug:
Itz messed up man:facepalm

justin12140
06-05-2014, 11:15 AM
im not a durant fan ,but why would anyone take melo above durant? melo had several good teammates. just remember amare ,everyone thought they would become a powerhouse and nowadays everyone says amare sucks...and he does, but he was really good at phoenix.
so back then people would ve said that anyone teaming up with amare would be instant contenders.
but the true fact that melo couldnt accomplish anything with the knicks is kinda sad. his support wasnt that bad.
there are other players who were kinda good , but now people talk shi.t about them.
tyson chandler paired up with nowitzki won a championship and some delusional people would say that dirk won his ring "just" because of him and then talk like chandler is not himself in new york and just sucks, but melo is just not the person people can really play with. melo is a really good scorer , but you need more than just have similiar stats like durant.

just saying. i liked melo back in denver ,but hes not the leader and winner type i thought he was. if he cant motivate his teammates than hes worth nothing for a franchise and blaming all his mates is just a joke.
i also remember that some people were saying that the knicks would be title contenders , but hey they lost and everyone was saying that melo had no support.
Theres a lot of context you have to add to melo's time as a knick. In the 3 post seasons hes played for the knicks amare has been injured in all 3 and melo in 2 of them. Amares only really good year was his first. after that he was habitually injured from his knees, hands, and back.

Chandler was good his first year too (the season after melo came). Last year tho he sufferred some type of neck injury and played under expectations the whole season and he played especially bad during the playoffs when he was expected to pick it up agaisnt the indiana frontline (but he got the flu some weeks before and was underweight). This last season he was just downright awful looked like he didnt give af while melo was out their busting his ass for the team. a lot of knick fans want to trade him after this season

Melo has been hit with some pretty bad luck in NY. in the 2012 playoffs vs the heat in the first round lin, stat, davis, and shump all go down and now we have to rely on heavy minutes from our 3rd and 4th string pgs Mike Bibby and Tony Douglas. In fact, in his entire time here melo's most consistent teammate was JR Smith

Jlamb47
06-05-2014, 11:18 AM
Durant > Melo
yal r trippin

fatboy11
06-05-2014, 12:01 PM
You lost me at "iz."

Fudge
06-05-2014, 12:05 PM
:oldlol:

Melo is a poor mans Durant. Always has, always will be.

GimmeThat
06-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Can Melo learn how to shoot off the ball faster than Durant learn how to post?

I wonder what his shooting % would look like in pure catch and shoot, including off picks.

If we take away their physical advantages, whose skill would reign supreme?

And there you have your answer.

imdaman99
06-05-2014, 12:29 PM

I wonder what his shooting % would look like in pure catch and shoot, including off picks.

During the olympics, Melo did a lot of catch and shooting because the team was stacked and nothing else was asked of him and he did fine. As did Durant though, so I don't know who you're implying is better.

Durant needs to bulk the hell up, he's too damn physically weak. Especially come playoff time, he doesn't have the strength to shit on smaller dudes.

MellowYellow
06-05-2014, 12:36 PM

Melo is a better catch and shoot player, and stats back it up.

GimmeThat
06-05-2014, 12:46 PM
Melo is a better catch and shoot player, and stats back it up.

Okay.

I'll tell Durant that before the next Olympics happens.

ralph_i_el
06-05-2014, 01:35 PM
He is not even top 50..

he has 4 scoring titles and an mvp :facepalm Durant gets hit by a bus TODAY and he's top-50

Melo is a better post player and that's it. In fact, he's only a better post player because he's better at getting post position. Once Durant is actually in post position with the ball he's a much more effective scorer than melo.

Durant>Melo on D
Durant>Melo ball moving
Durant>Melo Handle
Durant>Melo Shooting
Durant>>>Melo Finishing at the rim

DURANT SHOT 79% AT THE RIM THIS SEASON....MELO SHOT 59%....ON LESS ATTEMPTS

Melo plays the 4 now because he likes to post up and can't (won't?) defend on the perimeter (too much running around for his fattass?). His rebounding was a plus for a SF, but taking minutes at PF he's not a net positive rebounder anymore because you are replacing a big with melo and melo with a perimeter player. He has multiple significant holes in his game, and he has ALWAYS had them. Durant has consistently gotten better and only has one hole in his game (strength) which has improved over the years.

MellowYellow
06-05-2014, 02:04 PM
[QUOTE=GimmeThat]Okay.

I'll tell Durant that before the next Olympics happens

http://stats.nba.com/playerTrackingCatchShoot.html?pageNo=1&rowsPerPage=25&filters=MIN*G*35&sortField=FG_PCT&sortOrder=DES&SeasonType=Regular%20Season

don't make me tell you again, way better percentage on 1 more attempt per game. THE ONLY reason Durant has better percentages from the field is because of athleticism and ref help.

MellowYellow
06-05-2014, 02:07 PM
he has 4 scoring titles and an mvp :facepalm Durant gets hit by a bus TODAY and he's top-50

Melo is a better post player and that's it. In fact, he's only a better post player because he's better at getting post position. Once Durant is actually in post position with the ball he's a much more effective scorer than melo.

Durant>Melo on D
Durant>Melo ball moving
Durant>Melo Handle
Durant>Melo Shooting
Durant>>>Melo Finishing at the rim

DURANT SHOT 79% AT THE RIM THIS SEASON....MELO SHOT 59%....ON LESS ATTEMPTS

Melo plays the 4 now because he likes to post up and can't (won't?) defend on the perimeter (too much running around for his fattass?). His rebounding was a plus for a SF, but taking minutes at PF he's not a net positive rebounder anymore because you are replacing a big with melo and melo with a perimeter player. He has multiple significant holes in his game, and he has ALWAYS had them. Durant has consistently gotten better and only has one hole in his game (strength) which has improved over the years.

This is his only argument offensively, Melo is better from EVERYWHERE else. He is the better shooter, and he is the better shot creator.

Springsteen
06-05-2014, 02:16 PM
This is his only argument offensively, Melo is better from EVERYWHERE else. He is the better shooter, and he is the better shot creator.

Straight up delusional :rolleyes:

Replace Melo with Durant on the Knicks last season and they'd be making the playoffs.

ralph_i_el
06-05-2014, 02:50 PM

he did shoot better than Durant in the midrange this season I'll give him that. It was a down year from the midrange for durant but he also shot way less of those shots. Give me the dude who is getting to the rim way more often and finishing at a way higher rate+getting to the line more.

stalkerforlife
06-05-2014, 02:55 PM
Love the OP, but no. Durant is better.

However, Melo is underrated and should've won ROY.

MellowYellow
06-05-2014, 03:16 PM
he did shoot better than Durant in the midrange this season I'll give him that. It was a down year from the midrange for durant but he also shot way less of those shots. Give me the dude who is getting to the rim way more often and finishing at a way higher rate+getting to the line more.

Ya ok, but give me the better shooter and better offball player that can also create and is a much better fit with westbrook. I don't think you understand how much a post-up presence would do for the Thunder, it would put them over the top.

Legends66NBA7
06-05-2014, 03:36 PM
Durant has surpassed the likes of Anthony, Pierce, Worthy, and Wilkins. He doesn't even need a ring(s). Durant is easily Top 50 on any arbitrary list. Anthony is fringe top 50 at best for most, I bet.

There's nothing tangible to suggest that they are better, so let's talk about their teammates, as if their the reason Durant's already got the accolades he's gotten.

Lebronxrings
06-05-2014, 04:11 PM
holy moly, melo stans are now easily the worst. God I hope yall are just trolling.

Lebronxrings
06-05-2014, 04:13 PM

b-b-but bad team doeeeeeeeeeeee. Put melo on okc and they 10peat.

ralph_i_el
06-05-2014, 05:05 PM
Ya ok, but give me the better shooter and better offball player that can also create and is a much better fit with westbrook. I don't think you understand how much a post-up presence would do for the Thunder, it would put them over the top.

Melo is the opposite of a good offball player

Durant has surpassed the likes of Anthony, Pierce, Worthy, and Wilkins. He doesn't even need a ring(s). Durant is easily Top 50 on any arbitrary list. Anthony is fringe top 50 at best for most, I bet.

There's nothing tangible to suggest that they are better, so let's talk about their teammates, as if their the reason Durant's already got the accolades he's gotten.

nothing tangible :facepalm
We have hundreds of basketball games they've played in. Durant is just a better player than Melo. It's useless to argue about russ westbrook. People think he's better than kd, holding kd back, the reason kd's better than melo....:wtf: It's all just bullshit storyline shit to spout on the internet. Watch the damn games and pay attention and everything becomes clear

Legends66NBA7
06-05-2014, 05:23 PM
nothing tangible :facepalm
We have hundreds of basketball games they've played in. Durant is just a better player than Melo. It's useless to argue about russ westbrook. People think he's better than kd, holding kd back, the reason kd's better than melo....:wtf: It's all just bullshit storyline shit to spout on the internet. Watch the damn games and pay attention and everything becomes clear

I think you mis-read my post. Otherwise, I don't know why you facepalmed.

Nothing tangible for likes of Anthony, Wilkins, Worthy, Pierce to ranked over Durant as players or all-time.

tontoz
06-05-2014, 07:24 PM
OP iz a dumbazz.

MellowYellow
06-05-2014, 07:32 PM
Whole bunch of scrubs in here that probably watched 3 knick games all year long, or maybe even less. Kids don't know anything.

Heatles201
06-05-2014, 07:33 PM

Totally agree while his man to man defense is not great but its def far from bad/avg. But when it comes to his off ball he gets caught staring at the ball too much

JUDGE WITNESS
06-05-2014, 07:38 PM
melo has made it out of the first round twice in his entire career :lol

bizil
06-05-2014, 07:43 PM
I think Melo has the most well rounded scoring arsenal in the L. At the SF position, I feel he has ARGUABLY the best scoring skillset of all time. It would come down to Bird, Pierce, KD, and my sleeper Mark Aguirre. Melo is epic at the midrange game, posting up, and slashing to the rack. He's also a very good three point shooter as well, I feel just a notch below an epic shooter like Durant three ball wise.

However, I think Durant is the better player at this point and the best scorer in the world. Durant is a pure shooter and a great slasher in one. His all around game has evolved to the point to where u can pencil in 30 points, 5-6 dimes, and 7-8 boards. I wouldn't say he's point forward quality ala Bird or Bron, but he's an above average passing SF. But due to Melo's scoring skillset, I would NEVER argue if one felt he was the best scorer in the world. But in terms of the better player, give me Durant.

ralph_i_el
06-05-2014, 08:00 PM
I think Melo has the most well rounded scoring arsenal in the L. At the SF position, I feel he has ARGUABLY the best scoring skillset of all time. It would come down to Bird, Pierce, KD, and my sleeper Mark Aguirre. Melo is epic at the midrange game, posting up, and slashing to the rack. He's also a very good three point shooter as well, I feel just a notch below an epic shooter like Durant three ball wise.

However, I think Durant is the better player at this point and the best scorer in the world. Durant is a pure shooter and a great slasher in one. His all around game has evolved to the point to where u can pencil in 30 points, 5-6 dimes, and 7-8 boards. I wouldn't say he's point forward quality ala Bird or Bron, but he's an above average passing SF. But due to Melo's scoring skillset, I would NEVER argue if one felt he was the best scorer in the world. But in terms of the better player, give me Durant.

That's a pretty fair evaluation. Melo has had problems finishing at the rim in recent years though

BlkMambaGOAT
06-05-2014, 08:06 PM
melo has made it out of the first round twice in his entire career :lol
Playing against Kobe and then playing with J.R Smith can do that to a career.