PDA

View Full Version : I think this is the last year I can give KD a free pass

atljonesbro
05-31-2014, 11:51 PM
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt this year. He and Westbrook just don't mesh and Scott Brooks is awful, but if this happens again he gets the LeBron treatment.

livinglegend
05-31-2014, 11:52 PM
it was a championship or bust season this time...

Beastmode88
05-31-2014, 11:53 PM

to be fair the coach is mediocre and the bench wasnt allowed to do much

DaSeba5
05-31-2014, 11:53 PM
I don't. He's been in the league long enough and is the MVP. I'm not going to troll and say he sucks, he's a choker, ect., but he doesn't get pass from me.

raprap
05-31-2014, 11:55 PM
You mean westbrook right?

FLDFSU
05-31-2014, 11:55 PM
:no: Championship or bust.

The Heat, Nets, Pacers, OKC, Spurs, and maybe the Clippers were all Championship or bust teams

Kiddlovesnets
05-31-2014, 11:56 PM
He should not get Lebron's treatment. lets be realistic, Lebron was believed to be a future top 10-15 player before he entered the league. Durant never had this kind of expectation, and hes not as good as people believe he is, so lets relax a bit and give him a break. Durant always had Lebron in his head, but reality is hes not yet the 2nd best player in the NBA.

atljonesbro
05-31-2014, 11:57 PM
:no: Championship or bust.

The Heat, Nets, Pacers, OKC, Spurs, and maybe the Clippers were all Championship or bust teams
Regardless he deserves a pass. Arguably the worst coach in the league, a player who absolutely doesn't mesh with him, and a bench that's literally useless.

The Thunder are a far better team when Westbrook isn't playing. They need to trade him for a true PG and a big who can score the basketball.

L8krH8tr
05-31-2014, 11:57 PM
Pretty sure .shaq failed untill he got Phil Jackson.durant needs an elite coach with a low post scorer.

ihoopallday
05-31-2014, 11:58 PM
I don't. He's been in the league long enough and is the MVP. I'm not going to troll and say he sucks, he's a choker, ect., but he doesn't get pass from me.

I agree. Like you, I won't go around trolling KD fans. Unlike most people on here, I actually like watching greatness and KD is just a few minor tweaks from getting there.

Akrazotile
05-31-2014, 11:59 PM
A pass for what??? The best player doesn't make the finals, the best team does. These things aren't always the same thing.

Simple minded fans :facepalm

DaSeba5
06-01-2014, 12:00 AM
I agree. Like you, I won't go around trolling KD fans. Unlike most people on here, I actually like watching greatness and KD is just a few minor tweaks from getting there.

Yah even with a bad bench and coach, he still had plenty of moments to help his team and he failed. He wasn't as good in the playoffs as he was in the regular season. He needs to work on some aspects of his game to make him a better player like a post game of some sort.

Akrazotile
Pretty sure .shaq failed untill he got Phil Jackson.durant needs an elite coach with a low post scorer.

Shaq didn't fail at anything you fool.

The Lakers had a better team and a better organization. That's what wins.

You retards who try to put it all on one player are EMBARRASSMENTS.

imdaman99
Since when do Hawks fans stan for bran? :biggums:

Straight_Ballin
06-01-2014, 12:01 AM
Let's be honest here. We all want to see old man Duncan make short work of the Heat.

Durant will get his time, but this time Ray Allen won't be able to pull off a miracle shot.

BigBoss
06-01-2014, 12:01 AM
Pretty much. He needs to learn a post game and demand the ball in late game situations. Biggest hole in his game right now. The run and gun, and living on the perimeter won't win championships. You need to slow it down and win playing smart basketball.

Akrazotile
06-01-2014, 12:02 AM
Yah even with a bad bench and coach, he still had plenty of moments to help his team and he failed. He wasn't as good in the playoffs as he was in the regular season. He needs to work on some aspects of his game to make him a better player like a post game of some sort.

THIS is completely fair to say. Regardless of the TEAM outcome, Durant clearly underwhelmed. If a couple bounces went their way and the team won, would that have changed Durant's performance? No.

You fukcing morons who can't distinguish between how a guy plays, and what the team result is are fukcing morons. Stupid fukcing morons, you're a bunch of fukcing morons.

Mr Exlax
I'm probably alone on this, but I never really considered kd a franchise changing player. He's a great scorer, but overall he can't do enough for my liking. His game just still isn't complete yo me. He doesn't have the pressure LeBron has so I imagine the media will continue to give him passes.

atljonesbro
Since when do Hawks fans stan for bran? :biggums:
How am I a Bran stan? I'm giving KD a free pass. He deserves it this year. I imagine the Thunder make some moves to fix some of these weaknesses so if it happens again I won't give him a pass.

atljonesbro
06-01-2014, 12:03 AM
I'm probably alone on this, but I never really considered kd a franchise changing player. He's a great scorer, but overall he can't do enough for my liking. His game just still isn't complete yo me. He doesn't have the pressure LeBron has so I imagine the media will continue to give him passes.
You are :facepalm

L8krH8tr
06-01-2014, 12:03 AM
Shaq didn't fail at anything you fool.

The Lakers had a better team and a better organization. That's what wins.

You retards who try to put it all on one player are EMBARRASSMENTS.

shaq lost in the finals you dumbass, and then he tried to escape to LA and failed with Kobe until they paid Phil Jackson 10 million a year to make them able to play together.

knicksman
06-01-2014, 12:04 AM
of course he gets a pass. OKC has never been the same since WB came back. And we have lots of evidence that score first pgs are cancerous in this league. You just cant win with cancers

Mr Exlax
06-01-2014, 12:08 AM
You are :facepalm

I'll be that. Once he becomes elite at something on the other side of the ball then I can say yeah he's a franchise changing player. He's a great scorer but nothing else just yet. There's still a ton of holes in his game to me. I don't just look at ppg though.

FLDFSU
06-01-2014, 12:12 AM
Let's be honest here. We all want to see old man Duncan make short work of the Heat.

Durant will get his time, but this time Ray Allen won't be able to pull off a miracle shot.

You do understand that shot only tied the game right. Like you do understand the Spurs could have won in OT (like they did tonight) or win the game 7.

You do understand that Allen failed to score another point all series right?

Straight_Ballin
06-01-2014, 12:14 AM
You do understand that shot only tied the game right. Like you do understand the Spurs could have won in OT (like they did tonight) or win the game 7.

You do understand that Allen failed to score another point all series right?

That's why his shot was a miracle shot. You just proved my point that it's not happening again. It should have never went to OT. That's the whole point.

Keno
06-01-2014, 12:15 AM

this. last season westbrook was injured, so he got a pass (although he shouldn't have imo) but this year he had no excuse.

MellowYellow
06-01-2014, 12:25 AM
No pass for Durant, a top 5 pg/ 2nd option, Ibaka is a beast and Mr. October is the best 4th option ever. Yes the rest of the team is kinda lacking, but those 4 alone should take u to the finals at least.

Threethrows
06-01-2014, 12:50 AM
I'll be that. Once he becomes elite at something on the other side of the ball then I can say yeah he's a franchise changing player. He's a great scorer but nothing else just yet. There's still a ton of holes in his game to me. I don't just look at ppg though.

I get what you're saying but he's good enough at what he does do to be considered a franchise changing player, and legitimate number 2 behind Lebron.

Westbrook had an amazing playoffs run though, better than Durant's.

SwishSquared
06-01-2014, 02:25 AM
I don't give him a pass this year. I felt he underperformed these playoffs. His scoring was fine (which is basically never a problem) but his impact on the game felt lesser than his stats indicate. I just mean by flow of the game. He sometimes would go a couple minutes without doing something meaningful, and this would occur too many times during games. OKC got really lucky to get by Memphis (that awful offensive execution cost Memphis the series) and LAC (weirdest 47 second sequence I've seen in a few years).

Maybe this type of playoff experience is what propels him forward to up his overall game, much the same LBJ did after 2011.

NumberSix
06-01-2014, 02:30 AM
It actually wasn't though. Nobody honestly expected anything from Durant.

All the "no excuses" and "championship or bust" talk was just trolling the Dran Stans who were unwilling to show any confidence in KD. They were claiming he was the best all season, but they really knew in their heart that they had no expectation of him playing like the best.