PDA

View Full Version : who has the worse NBA franchise?

BigBoss
05-30-2014, 12:05 AM
Cleveland Cavaliers

0 NBA Championships
1 Conference Title
Most known for Lebron leaving
All-time regular season record of .456%

VS

Orlando Magic
0 NBA Championships
2 Conference Titles
Most known for losing Shaquille O'Neal and Dwight Howard. Tracy Mcgrady and Penny Hardaway. All-time regular season record of .493%

I'm going with Orlando. They let history repeat itself.

ThatCoolKid
05-30-2014, 12:08 AM
Cleveland. Couldn't win a chip even with the greatest player of the century.

Cocaine80s
05-30-2014, 12:09 AM
Lakers. It's disgusting how the people in charge of LA made a rapist the face of the franchise. This is why rape happens, because no one thinks it's a big deal since kobe was able to get away with it.

Jameerthefear
05-30-2014, 12:10 AM
how did orlando let history repeat itself when they traded dwght? they can't chain dwight up. they can't force him to do anything. the magic got tons of good pieces for him though. how are the cavs an option when teams like the knicks exist? op is a f*ggot.

AnaheimLakers24
05-30-2014, 12:11 AM
orlando is trash. they will lose any all star they develope

AnaheimLakers24
05-30-2014, 12:12 AM
orlando lost shaq penny tmac dwight and countless others dont see that stoping with there current players.

BigBoss
05-30-2014, 12:14 AM
orlando is trash. they will lose any all star they develope

I agree. Cleveland is a shit market. Orlando is an attractive location for free agents to go too, but why is it that they keep consistently fukin up?

All-time record = 1002/1030 at .493. That's a LOSING record even with superstars like Shaq, Tmac, Penny hardaway, and Dwight playing for them.

Theres a stench with that franchise.

JohnFreeman
05-30-2014, 12:17 AM
Knicks

Jameerthefear
05-30-2014, 12:18 AM
http://i.imgur.com/rRRGlXe.gif

http://i.imgur.com/NgwOfbl.gif

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1341/19/1341194959903.gif

http://i.imgur.com/lBlhdkX.gif

http://i.imgur.com/hRArro1.gif

http://i.imgur.com//HMpDaTg.gif

http://i.imgur.com//07MCCPL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com//P7hqNoB.gif

http://i.imgur.com/xFEuieC.gif

AnaheimLakers24
05-30-2014, 12:19 AM
Knicks
i forget queens exist, but i bet you do to fgt since your a bran rider an not even a queens fan

Milbuck
05-30-2014, 12:19 AM
Both of those franchises get clowned more than they should...but Cleveland did **** up pretty badly with Lebron. 1 Finals appearance, which ended in a sweep, is unacceptable with a player of that caliber.

Meticode
05-30-2014, 12:21 AM
Right now? The Knicks...

Mecca of Basketball, New York, the expectations, second highest payroll in the NBA, no playoff appearance

ihatetimthomas
05-30-2014, 12:28 AM
Right now? The Knicks...

Mecca of Basketball, New York, the expectations, second highest payroll in the NBA, no playoff appearance

And they played in one of the worst conferences ever. Its insane they couldnt make it with the 8th seed having 6 games under .500.

JohnFreeman
Right now? The Knicks...

Exactly

BigBoss
Right now? The Knicks...

I agree, but the question was asking between the Cavs and Magic if you had to pick one. Both teams have shown their ineptitude to win a championship with dominant players on their team. That's a front office thing.

Back to my history repeating itself thing.

Shaq-->Lakers
Dwight --> Lakers --> Rockets
Tracy Mcgrady ------> Rockets

Then they were desperate enough for these washed up guys..

http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom/img/2012/02/14/021412_NBA_Orlando_Magic_point_guard_Gilbert_Arena s_PI+_20120214165309859_660_320.JPG

http://dy.snimg.com/story-image/2/26/173462/12461-650-366.jpg

:facepalm.

Orlando is a mess. They're the Los Angeles Clippers distant cousin. More people need to talk about this versus always $hitting on the Knicks. The Knicks have BEEN irrelevant for a very long time so it's nothing new

RedBlackAttack
05-30-2014, 12:29 AM
Both of those franchises get clowned more than they should...but Cleveland did **** up pretty badly with Lebron. 1 Finals appearance, which ended in a sweep, is unacceptable with a player of that caliber.
LeBron was awful in the 2007 Finals. In fact, he was awful in the Finals the year after leaving the Cavs. To me, that brings up legitimate questions as to whether he was good enough to win a title as the clear leader of a team from 2003-10.

It's not as if James stepped into the league ready to win titles. The majority of those years were spent molding the player that we see today.

HylianNightmare
05-30-2014, 12:32 AM
Lotta misinformed posters in here :(

Meticode
05-30-2014, 12:32 AM
I agree, but the question was asking between the Cavs and Magic if you had to pick one. Both teams have shown their ineptitude to win a championship with dominant players on their team. That's a front office thing.

Back to my history repeating itself thing.

Shaq-->Lakers
Dwight --> Lakers --> Rockets
Tracy Mcgrady ------> Rockets

Then they were desperate enough for these washed up guys..

http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom/img/2012/02/14/021412_NBA_Orlando_Magic_point_guard_Gilbert_Arena s_PI+_20120214165309859_660_320.JPG

http://dy.snimg.com/story-image/2/26/173462/12461-650-366.jpg

:facepalm.

Orlando is a mess. They're the Los Angeles Clippers distant cousin. More people need to talk about this versus always $hitting on the Knicks. The Knicks have BEEN irrelevant for a very long time so it's nothing new
If I had to pick, it would be Cleveland. We've been around longer, we've gotten six number one picks and no trophies to show for it.

LeBron leaves and the city embarrasses itself, LeBron might become a free agent again and yet again, some of the city is embarrassing itself again with antics like running onto courts, etc.

Jameerthefear
05-30-2014, 12:35 AM
what did tracy and dwight do after leaving the team?
also vince wasn't bad.
the knicks arepaying 100 million dollars a year to miss the f*cking playoffs. when the magic paid that much we were in the finals.

Meticode
05-30-2014, 12:37 AM
what did tracy and dwight do after leaving the team?
also vince wasn't bad.
the knicks arepaying 100 million dollars a year to miss the f*cking playoffs. when the magic paid that much we were in the finals.
As what was told to me, that wasn't the question.

no pun intended
05-30-2014, 01:26 AM
Cleveland and it's not even close.

Real14
05-30-2014, 01:28 AM
Orlando

coin24
05-30-2014, 02:02 AM
Have to go with the magic, just a pathetic joke of a team:lol

poido123
05-30-2014, 03:02 AM
Why do we make threads bashing on smaller market teams that clearly don't deserve this?

Just silly.

PickernRoller
05-30-2014, 03:02 AM
Orlando.

Sarcastic
05-30-2014, 03:13 AM
how did orlando let history repeat itself when they traded dwght? they can't chain dwight up. they can't force him to do anything. the magic got tons of good pieces for him though. how are the cavs an option when teams like the knicks exist? op is a f*ggot.

Knicks will always get free agents. Orlando and Cleveland never will.

RedBlackAttack
05-30-2014, 03:20 AM
That's worked out swimmingly so far for you guys. Building strictly through free agency only works if you're getting LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. Otherwise, the draft is your best option.

Look at the other teams left in the playoffs. All three have drafted exceptionally well and not just given away draft picks and cleared space for the next big FA signing.

As for free agents... they want to go where they can win. If either the Cavs or the Magic create that kind of atmosphere, players will follow.

navy
05-30-2014, 03:42 AM
Nobody is headed to Cleveland either way.

The Cavs have to be more embarrassing only because they are pretty much known as a joke as with other Cleveland sports. God hates Cleveland, they say. Lebron took his tail out of their and the franchise hasnt done much to show that they were ever anything outside of lebron.

The Magic are only embarrassing on ish because of Jameer. But if you go around asking people on the street nobody will really care about this franchise nor that dwight and shaq left.

That said, these arent bad franchises in my opinion. They had superstars that left to better teams. It happens. It's a superstar driven league. San Antonio without Tim Duncan, OKC without Durant, Pacers without Paul George, Heat without Wade/Lebron all would in the same situation as the Cavs and Magic.

poido123
05-30-2014, 03:45 AM
Nobody is headed to Cleveland either way.

The Cavs have to be more embarrassing only because they are pretty much known as a joke as with other Cleveland sports. God hates Cleveland, they say. Lebron took his tail out of their and the franchise hasnt done much to show that they were ever anything outside of lebron.

The Magic are only embarrassing on ish because of Jameer. But if you go around asking people on the street nobody will really care about this franchise nor that dwight and shaq left.

That said, these arent bad franchises in my opinion. They had superstars that left to better teams. It happens. It's a superstar driven league. San Antonio without Tim Duncan, OKC without Durant, Pacers without Paul George, Heat without Wade/Lebron all would in the same situation as the Cavs and Magic.

Who would of thought?

A Heat fan hating on the Cavs :oldlol:

RedBlackAttack
05-30-2014, 03:48 AM
Just gonna say this, guys... Cavs have a ton of young talent, are about to add the 1st pick in what's supposed to be a historically great draft and they have tons of cap space moving forward. These threads will be cataloged away.

Maybe I'll check back in a little ways down the line? I already felt the Cavs were heading in the right direction, as evidenced by getting +12 wins this past season, despite the Bynum mess and the youngest roster in the NBA.

They went basically .500 in the second half of the season while sustaining tons of injuries.

Now, they're about to add a No. 1 pick.

...we'll see how this thread looks down the road.

And, the same goes for the Magic, though they're a bit behind the Cavs in the rebuild process. They have some nice young pieces and are about to add another.

Thread could easily be a massive backfire.

navy
05-30-2014, 03:48 AM
Who would of thought?

A Heat fan hating on the Cavs :oldlol:
Hey, I was fair this time around. :oldlol:

100% Objective. :confusedshrug:

99% but who's counting

poido123
05-30-2014, 04:01 AM
Hey, I was fair this time around. :oldlol:

100% Objective. :confusedshrug:

99% but who's counting

:oldlol:

poido123
05-30-2014, 04:04 AM
Just gonna say this, guys... Cavs have a ton of young talent, are about to add the 1st pick in what's supposed to be a historically great draft and they have tons of cap space moving forward. These threads will be cataloged away.

Maybe I'll check back in a little ways down the line? I already felt the Cavs were heading in the right direction, as evidenced by getting +12 wins this past season, despite the Bynum mess and the youngest roster in the NBA.

They went basically .500 in the second half of the season while sustaining tons of injuries.

Now, they're about to add a No. 1 pick.

...we'll see how this thread looks down the road.

And, the same goes for the Magic, though they're a bit behind the Cavs in the rebuild process. They have some nice young pieces and are about to add another.

Thread could easily be a massive backfire.

Listen, you guys deserve some success.

Those years Jordan beat up on the Daugherty/Price lead Cavs should remind us how much they deserve it :lol

You're right, with the right pick(embiid) and the right coach in play, Cavs can be a force for many years.

Adam2k9
05-30-2014, 05:00 AM
Definitely Clevland in recent years, most incompetent management in the league.:lol

East_Stone_Ya
05-30-2014, 05:15 AM
def Cavs

RedBlackAttack
05-30-2014, 05:31 AM
Listen, you guys deserve some success.

Those years Jordan beat up on the Daugherty/Price lead Cavs should remind us how much they deserve it :lol

You're right, with the right pick(embiid) and the right coach in play, Cavs can be a force for many years.
I've actually been referred to as a "Jordan stan" on this forum. :oldlol:

F#cking guy ruined my childhood.

poido123
05-30-2014, 05:37 AM
I've actually been referred to as a "Jordan stan" on this forum. :oldlol:

F#cking guy ruined my childhood.

:oldlol:

As I have been called a Kobe stan, because I made a remark against the Heat.

It's ok, I can see another Bulls/Cavs rivalry in a few years actually. Not sure if we will be on the good side of it either :(

Irving/waiters/?/TT/embiid

Rose/Butler/Carmelo?/Mirotic or Love?/Noah

roffie
05-30-2014, 05:37 AM
both have been terrible.. orlando has been doing quite well tho after post-dwight

their future looks bright

duno bout cavs tho.. forever laughing stock

BoutPractice
05-30-2014, 05:42 AM
Orlando built a nice team around Dwight, and currently seems to be headed in the right direction.

PJR
05-30-2014, 07:01 AM
Cleveland just fired a coach twice in four years. That's beyond embarrassing.

Jameerthefear
05-30-2014, 07:10 AM
Tell me about those big name FAs and how many rings they have won. I'm waiting.

poido123
05-30-2014, 07:13 AM
Cleveland just fired a coach twice in four years. That's beyond embarrassing.

You could look at it that way, or you can say they were proactive and didn't want to sit and watch the team go down even further?

:confusedshrug:

PJR
05-30-2014, 07:25 AM
You could look at it that way, or you can say they were proactive and didn't want to sit and watch the team go down even further?

Gilbert and his ownership group should've been well aware of Brown's deficiencies as a coach after the first go round.

They're coming up on their third coach and GM in fours years. That's not being proactive. That's called instability. And success in professional sports doesn't tend to happen to teams who don't have stability.

poido123
05-30-2014, 08:08 AM
Gilbert and his ownership group should've been well aware of Brown's deficiencies as a coach after the first go round.

They're coming up on their third coach and GM in fours years. That's not being proactive. That's called instability. And success in professional sports doesn't tend to happen to teams who don't have stability.

And probably incompetent of finding the right coach in the first place...

Olacinco
05-30-2014, 08:38 AM
ITT: OP vents over his grandma from Orlando who only sent him 50 dollars this year instead of 100

Jlamb47
05-30-2014, 08:43 AM
Honestly there both sh1tty. Cleveland couldnt win with supposley the best player of our century and Orlando just cant win.

Real14
05-30-2014, 08:54 AM
Don't go there child:lol

GimmeThat
05-30-2014, 09:29 AM
James Dolan
Glen Taylor
Jerry Reinsdorf

Not counting those who maintained ownership of its Franchise recently

Sarcastic
05-30-2014, 10:58 AM

Still better than being the triple A farm system for the Lakers.

Jameerthefear
05-30-2014, 11:04 AM
$100 million dollar payroll.
Can't even make the playoffs. Pathetic.

Real14
05-30-2014, 11:17 AM
and you can talk?:biggums: :lol

Jlamb47
05-30-2014, 11:18 AM

Win a chip queer

Real14
05-30-2014, 11:18 AM
http://i.imgur.com/rUxSz.gif

aboss4real24
05-30-2014, 11:21 AM
Orlando
Cavs
Kings
Bucks

in that Order

sad part is, the'll never get any FAs either

Jameerthefear
05-30-2014, 11:22 AM
and you can talk?:biggums: :lol
Yes, my team is rebuilding. Your team will lose Melo after this year and be stuck in the shitters with no young pieces. The Knicks are a pathetic franchise.

JohnFreeman
05-30-2014, 11:23 AM
Orlando
Cavs
Kings
Bucks

in that Order

sad part is, the'll never get any FAs either
I don't consider Kings or Bucks embarrassing? We are just not very good.

Jameerthefear
05-30-2014, 11:24 AM
The funny thing is I'm pretty sure every single one of those teams has more playoff wins in the past 21 century than the Knicks.

Real14
05-30-2014, 11:28 AM
Yes, my team is rebuilding. Your team will lose Melo after this year and be stuck in the shitters with no young pieces. The Knicks are a pathetic franchise.
With Phil in charge I severely doubted:oldlol:

aboss4real24
05-30-2014, 11:29 AM
I don't consider Kings or Bucks embarrassing? We are just not very good.

And havent been in about 11 years
thats embarrassing in its self

JohnFreeman
05-30-2014, 11:31 AM
And havent been in about 11 years
thats embarrassing in its self

Well we are playing in a dominant conference, and Sacramento is not attractive to free agents. Knicks fans should not be talking

Real14
05-30-2014, 11:31 AM
The funny thing is I'm pretty sure every single one of those teams has more playoff wins in the past 21 century than the Knicks.
niguh your garbage ass franchise made tha finals only twice and got swept in both appearances :roll:

Ne 1
05-30-2014, 11:32 AM
2010 should have been their year. We'll never know now how far that Cavs team could have gone because of the odd turn of events after Game 3 against Boston with LeBron visibly pouting/quitting.

They were up 2-1 and if LeBron played even close to his usual level, the Cavs in all likelihood win the series. The Celtics deserve some credit, but LeBron just seemed off and he played like complete garbage in the last 3 games. He didn't seem like himself at all. I don't know if he was looking towards the summer, or if the Delonte rumor was true, but he was visibly distracted. I know we'll hear all the talk of "he didn't have enough help" from LeBron apologists. But I'm wondering how the Cavs managed to stay competitive with the Celtics when Lebron shot 2-20 and had 10 turnovers. I don't see how Lebron didn't have a " good enough team" when it was HIM who played poorly game 5 vs Boston and not his teammates. James was 3-14 in that game while looking absolutely lost on both sides of the court while Shaq was 7-11 and Parker was 5-8.

JohnFreeman
05-30-2014, 11:32 AM
niguh your garbage ass franchise made tha finals only twice and got swept in both appearances :roll:
They didn't get swept in 2009...

Real14
05-30-2014, 11:33 AM
Well we are playing in a dominant conference, and Sacramento is not attractive to free agents. Knicks fans should not be talking
yes we can:biggums: when tha last time yall even made tha playoffs? in 06?:oldlol:

JohnFreeman
05-30-2014, 11:34 AM
yes we can:biggums: when tha last time yall even made tha playoffs? in 06?:oldlol:
Second highest salary in the league, couldn't make the playoffs in the East this year :facepalm

Real14
05-30-2014, 11:34 AM
They didn't get swept in 2009...
My bad I mean 1 phucking game:lol :roll:

aboss4real24
05-30-2014, 11:35 AM
Magic wont be a relevant team 4 da next 10 years

Jameerthefear
05-30-2014, 11:35 AM
Fresh Kid legitimately might be retarded. There is no way a grown man can be this fvcking stupid.

Real14
05-30-2014, 11:36 AM
Second highest salary in the league, couldn't make the playoffs in the East this year :facepalm
injuries plus pierce and LeBron screwed us up at tha end of tha season vs tha hawks.

Jameerthefear
05-30-2014, 11:37 AM
My bad I mean 1 phucking game:lol :roll:
When is the last time the Knicks even went to the ECF? Dumbass.

Im Still Ballin
05-30-2014, 11:37 AM
**** up rookie i own your ass.

Real14
05-30-2014, 11:39 AM
Fresh Kid legitimately might be retarded. There is no way a grown man can be this fvcking stupid.
you tha retarded one acting like you are a black 16 year old but really a pedo who loves anime and underage girls and boys meanwhile being a damn magic fan in phuckin dusty ass Alabama :roll:

jbryan1984
05-30-2014, 11:40 AM
I truthfully believe the Cavs would of been in the playoffs this year if we would of left the coaching situation alone and not got into the Bynum mess. It still baffles me why you would take the coach away who has mentored and developed all of our young talent the last 4 years. And replace him with the guy he replaced in the first place. Dumb move, I will admit that. Bynum was a gamble we lost. He certainly showed early in the season that the talent is still there but he has no heart and just seems like he don't want to play. I mean, he is 26 years old and has millions and millions of dollars. Guess that happens sometimes when you give a young man money like that.

With the right coach, the core we have right now can be dangerous. The year the Wizards had this year, that is pretty much where I hoped we would be. They did add some nice pieces through trade but I doubt they all stay. Kyrie and Waiters are certainly in the same league talent wise of Wall and Beal, if not better. Hopefully, we get an established coach who can get us over this hump. Next step is making a good draft selection in this draft and figuring out a way to keep Kyrie to where everyone is happy.

Jlamb47
:banana:
you tha retarded one acting like you are a black 16 year old but really a pedo who loves anime and underage girls and boys meanwhile being a damn magic fan in phuckin dusty ass Alabama :roll:

Real14
**** up rookie i own your ass.
somebody get dis special ed niguh outta here:oldlol:

Jameerthefear
05-30-2014, 11:41 AM
http://i.imgur.com/8zXPJIw.gif

Real14
05-30-2014, 11:42 AM
:hammertime:
:banana:

Real14
05-30-2014, 11:45 AM
http://i.imgur.com/8zXPJIw.gif
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vPRY-rwCAxg/T7Dm1fxMgKI/AAAAAAAABKc/KVY5jQMuOy8/s200/stone-cold-laughing.gif

16X
05-30-2014, 11:54 AM
The Magic beat Jordan and actually won a game against the Lakers in the Finals. That's more than the Cavs ever did.

05-30-2014, 01:28 PM
The Magic beat Jordan and actually won a game against the Lakers in the Finals. That's more than the Cavs ever did.

Touch

COnDEMnED
05-30-2014, 02:31 PM
Cleveland Cavaliers

0 NBA Championships
1 Conference Title
Most known for Lebron leaving
All-time regular season record of .456%

VS

Orlando Magic
0 NBA Championships
2 Conference Titles
Most known for losing Shaquille O'Neal and Dwight Howard. Tracy Mcgrady and Penny Hardaway. All-time regular season record of .493%

I'm going with Orlando. They let history repeat itself.
I think out of those two, Orlando is the worse. Truthfully, I was expecting the Clippers to be on this list though.

Legends66NBA7
05-30-2014, 02:32 PM
I think out of those two, Orlando is the worse. Truthfully, I was expecting the Clippers to be on this list though.

True, Clippers are a bottom 5 franchise of all-time.

COnDEMnED
05-30-2014, 02:44 PM
True, Clippers are a bottom 5 franchise of all-time.
I mean if you think about it, both the Magic and Cavs have been to the finals... I think the Clippers won their first division championship last year? Farthest they have ever been was the second round? This year being the second time ever?...right?

Legends66NBA7
05-30-2014, 02:53 PM
I mean if you think about it, both the Magic and Cavs have been to the finals... I think the Clippers won their first division championship last year? Farthest they have ever been was the second round? This year being the second time ever?...right?

Exactly. Teams that haven't had much success and have won few division banners, should be in the discussion of the worst NBA franchises all-time.

Personally, I have it like this for the bottom 5:

26. Clippers
27. Hornets/Pelicans
28. Timberwolves
29. Raptors
30. Bobcats/Hornets

Pelicans and Wolves could interchange. Bobcats/Hornets have 2 playoff appearances in 10 years and no playoff wins. Raptors have the longest winless playoff series drought (2001 second round).