PDA

View Full Version : Pacers need new coach and real point guard this summer.

Upgrayedd
05-26-2014, 10:27 PM
They need to make some trades and get a real point guard. They should try everything to get Rajon Rondo. Rondo, Hibbert, Paul George, David West would be scary good. Also, a new coach.

Eric Cartman
05-26-2014, 11:09 PM
Can't believe they didn't address their point guard situation when they had the ****ing chance. Now look at this they are pathetic.

ihatetimthomas
05-26-2014, 11:20 PM
George Hill has a immovable contract given his production and the length of the deal. They are stcuk with him at least for the next few years. They are going to be pretty limited in who they can acquire.

Upgrayedd
05-27-2014, 01:42 AM
I wonder if they'd be able to go after Deron Williams. No way the Nets can bring back the same team. They need to get Garnett and Pierce go, trade Williams.

Or I still say they should work out a deal with Houston and get Asik and Lin. Get rid of Hibbert.

Pacers:

C: Asik
PF: West
SF: George
SG: Stephenson
PG: Lin

East_Stone_Ya
05-27-2014, 01:45 AM
Hill is not the problem, they just need a new coach

SwishSquared
05-27-2014, 01:56 AM
I wonder if they'd be able to go after Deron Williams. No way the Nets can bring back the same team. They need to get Garnett and Pierce go, trade Williams.

Or I still say they should work out a deal with Houston and get Asik and Lin. Get rid of Hibbert.

Pacers:

Brooklyn would love to get rid of Williams, but his contract makes moving him very difficult. Pacers could keep most of their core and do this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mqt6447

But that doesn't help them much, if at all. Williams was mostly bad these playoffs and maybe being surrounded by guys such as Lance, PG, West, and Hibbert, he'd improve (though I doubt it). However, this creates a big need for back up F for Indy. Doubt they'd deal for him, considering his ankle issues and massive contract. Indy could create a trade centered around Hibbert, West, or Paul George, but that might not be best move. They could roll dice on Lopez + Livingston S&T for Lance S&T + Hibbert, but I really doubt that happens. Not much they can do to move Hibbert for a great asset considering how his play has dropped off.

As far as trading for Asik + Lin, they'd need to have at least a third (or fourth) team involved since Houston has no desire for Hibbert. They could in theory flip him for another player, but that just puts a burden on Houston. Indy would need to craft that trade to work for all parties.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-27-2014, 01:58 AM

Pacers:

with Lin the Pacers get ten times better immediatly.
he is a guy that gets doubled on the rockets even when hes on the court with james harden.
hes also elite defensively.
him and Stephenson would be a deadly playmaking backcourt

Smoke117
05-27-2014, 02:05 AM
They need a lot more than that.

Real14
05-27-2014, 02:08 AM
Pacers are getting bad karma for cheatin' tha knicks last year.

J Shuttlesworth
05-27-2014, 02:09 AM
Pacies need some veteran leadership. Paul George/Stephenson are absolute jokes

salwan
05-27-2014, 03:54 AM
As much as I love Larry the Legend, he screwed up badly with his trades.

The scola and Turner trades were horrible. He didn't bring enough shooters and a pg.

PickernRoller
05-27-2014, 04:07 AM
Vogel a Laker. I like it.

imnew09
05-27-2014, 04:17 AM
They need a real center. Cant blame vogel when theirnstar center drops like 0 pt in a game

davehos
05-27-2014, 04:24 AM
Man, that team imploded after the trade deadline shuffle.

Maybe fire the GM rather than the coach?

Pacquiao
05-27-2014, 04:39 AM
The Pacers can get any coach they want but if the Refs rigged the game and give Miami 40 Free Throw Attempts, what's the point?

RoundMoundOfReb
05-27-2014, 04:49 AM
Lin really isn't a big upgrade over George Hill. They're similar level players.

icewill36
05-27-2014, 04:49 AM
They need to make some trades and get a real point guard. They should try everything to get Rajon Rondo. Rondo, Hibbert, Paul George, David West would be scary good. Also, a new coach.

where is the shooting ? you will never win in this league if you can't space the floor. the pacers need to improve offensively. they need to speed it up but their main ball handlers usually start to turn it over when they do.

a team with that much talent shouldnt be so poor offensively though

Warfan
05-27-2014, 04:54 AM
Indiana are a bunch of mental midget losers, no heart or balls. Doesn't help that their all star center can go off for 0 points and 5 rebounds any night, have poor ball handlers and not enough shooting.

The Pacers can get any coach they want but if the Refs rigged the game and give Miami 40 Free Throw Attempts, what's the point?

:facepalm Miami had 34 free throws, and I bet u weren't shouting rigged when the Pacers had a 37-15 free throw advantage in game 1.

SwishSquared
05-27-2014, 04:57 AM
I feel like Mavs will offer Jose Calderon as soon as Pacers get eliminated, which might happen in Game 5. He's smart, a solid shooter, and a veteran presence. They could feasibly only add him in a larger trade with auxiliary teams or some trade exception. Not sure if they could get it done, but this team would be a lot better off without George Hill starting at PG.

AintNoSunshine
05-27-2014, 05:12 AM
Yes they need an all star in every position to compete with the Heat. And get a great coach. And get a bench. And a better leader.:oldlol:

RoundMoundOfReb
05-27-2014, 05:13 AM
Lance is pretty much gone, right?

RIP CITY
05-27-2014, 06:47 AM
They definitely need a big upgrade at PG, that alone would do alot for their offense. They also need a couple shooters to help space the floor. Both of these things would help Paul George be more consistent offensively, it would give him more room to operate and a PG would get him better looks. George also needs to continue to improve, he's gotten better every year, that needs to continue.

I'm not sold on Vogel being a Championship level Coach either but I just don't see many better options for them available at the moment. Jeff Van Gundy and George Karl are the only two I can think of that might be an upgrade, though Karl is such a bad defensive Coach I'm not sure he's right for the job. They can do much worse than Vogel and probably would if they let him go.

roffie
05-27-2014, 07:18 AM
lol pacers are starting to look like the old wizards team with blatche/young etc except with much better talent