PDA

View Full Version : Steve Kerry to make decision between Warriors/Knicks

Knicksfever2010
05-09-2014, 06:22 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/kerr-decide-knicks-warriors-monday-article-1.1785480

AnaheimLakers24
05-09-2014, 06:25 PM
knicks fans ok with melo leaving? thats going to happen if that rat faced bitch comes aboard. you think melo wantsto start with fresh with a rook? nah hes going to chi

congrats bulls fans.

SCdac
05-09-2014, 06:27 PM
Knicks could use some redemption from a disappointing season but I hope he chooses the Warriors. Lead Steph Curry to glory !

ForeverHeat
That damn Steve Kerry

russwest0
as long as the pay is the same this choice should be a no brainer

Milbuck
05-09-2014, 06:31 PM
Let's see here...

Arguably the 2nd best coach in the league and a defensive mastermind in Tom Thibodeau, a guy who maximizes the talent of his team, whose team has a style, philosophy, and system proven to be elite whenever health permits it to be.

OR

Rookie coach Steve Kerr, who has had zero coaching experience in his entire life, and is really only hyped up as a coaching candidate because he's played for two great coaches and has been an analyst since retirement

If Kerr goes to the Knicks, Melo's gone.

oarabbus
05-09-2014, 06:40 PM
Let's see here...

Arguably the 2nd best coach in the league and a defensive mastermind in Tom Thibodeau, a guy who maximizes the talent of his team, whose team has a style, philosophy, and system proven to be elite whenever health permits it to be.

OR

Rookie coach Steve Kerr, who has had zero coaching experience in his entire life, and is really only hyped up as a coaching candidate because he's played for two great coaches and has been an analyst since retirement

If Kerr goes to the Knicks, Melo's gone.

How about from Kerr's POV?

A Western Conference playoff team with good pieces some of whom are still developing tremendously, the most freakishly good 3pt shooter the likes of which the league has never seen, a very very good 2-way SG, amazing defensive SF, fantastic scoring PF, kleenex-durable C but a beast when not injured, etc... did I mention the Western Conference playoff team for two years running part...

Or the Knicks :lol

Milbuck
05-09-2014, 06:44 PM
How about from Kerr's POV?

A Western Conference playoff team with good pieces some of whom are still developing tremendously, the most freakishly good 3pt shooter the likes of which the league has never seen, a very very good 2-way SG, amazing defensive SF, fantastic scoring PF, kleenex-durable C but a beast when not injured, etc... did I mention the Western Conference playoff team for two years running part...

Or the Knicks :lol
Yeah, much like the scenario I posed that's also a no-brainer. But the problem is Phil's there. And while Phil's there for Melo as well, I think the connection between Kerr and PJax is far stronger than it is for Melo.

I want Kerr to go to the Knicks, even though Golden State is a much, much better option for him. I want Melo away from that shit team and Kerr might seal the deal. Also I think Golden State (the players, not the stupid front office) deserves a good coach with the talent they have. Someone with proven experience. Yeah they've got young guys developing, but they're ready to take the next step now, and Kerr as a rookie coach experiment would be far too risky.

oarabbus
05-09-2014, 06:46 PM
I want Kerr to go to the Knicks, even though Golden State is a much, much better option for him. I want Melo away from that shit team and Kerr might seal the deal. Also I think Golden State (the players, not the stupid front office) deserves a good coach with the talent they have. Someone with proven experience. Yeah they've got young guys developing, but they're ready to take the next step now, and Kerr as a rookie coach experiment would be far too risky.

Yeah for sure, I agree actually. I want Melo to leave that shitty excuse for a team and see what the guy is capable of in the right environment. It was just too easy to take that shot at the Knicks :oldlol:

derb2k2
05-09-2014, 06:53 PM
That damn Steve Kerry

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Draz
05-09-2014, 06:55 PM
Why the fck Don't the Knicks go after mark Jackson

Akrazotile
05-09-2014, 06:55 PM
Yeah for sure, I agree actually. I want Melo to leave that shitty excuse for a team and see what the guy is capable of in the right environment. It was just too easy to take that shot at the Knicks :oldlol:

We saw it in Denver. It wasnt too impressive.

Sarcastic
05-09-2014, 06:56 PM
Kerr will pick Knicks, and Melo will resign as well.

Stay mad.

Akrazotile
05-09-2014, 06:57 PM
Why the fck Don't the Knicks go after mark Jackson

Because it would be another personality clash with management. Hes not a Phil Jackson type.

Now, if the OKC job opens up, that would def be the best destination for Tha Preacha Man.

oarabbus
05-09-2014, 06:58 PM

Stay mad.

You're a good poster man, so it's nothing personal but...

No one's staying mad besides Knicks fans :oldlol:

Sarcastic
05-09-2014, 07:03 PM
You're a good poster man, so it's nothing personal but...

No one's staying mad besides Knicks fans :oldlol:

You really think 2 people are gonna say no to Phil Jackson. I don't see it.

oarabbus
05-09-2014, 07:04 PM

No I was just making a reference to how the Knicks have generally fared as a team :cheers:

Trentknicks
05-09-2014, 07:07 PM
No I was just making a reference to how the Knicks have generally fared as a team :cheers:
And he was just making a reference to how you've fared as a poster :lol

sd3035
05-09-2014, 07:13 PM
He'll be competing for that job with Steve Kerr

oarabbus
05-09-2014, 07:30 PM
And he was just making a reference to how you've fared as a poster :lol

:oldlol: OK bro, if you say so

niko
05-09-2014, 08:11 PM
How stupid do you have to be to spell Kerr wrong? It's four letters.

jimmy77x
05-09-2014, 08:24 PM
Damn everybody want Steve Kerry

el gringos
05-09-2014, 10:32 PM

Stay mad.
Yo

bdreason
05-10-2014, 01:43 AM
Please choose the Knicks.

Akrazotile
05-10-2014, 01:46 AM

:facepalm

You really think grown men are going to subordinate their preferred path of career advancement because Phil Jackson asks them to do otherwise????

Your brain. I don't see it.

Heavincent
05-10-2014, 01:49 AM
:facepalm

You really think grown men are going to subordinate their preferred path of career advancement because Phil Jackson asks them to do otherwise????

Your brain. I don't see it.

Phil has those Jedi mind tricks.

LONGTIME
05-10-2014, 01:51 AM
Please choose the Knicks.

:biggums: But Steve has studied under Pop and the Zen master. That pedigree :pimp:

Heavincent
05-10-2014, 01:52 AM

Stay mad.

Even if that does happen, who cares?

stalkerforlife
05-10-2014, 01:54 AM
1. Why is this guy being given the choice to basically coach any team he wants?

2. Who the heck would pick NY over the Warriors?

Akrazotile
05-10-2014, 02:03 AM
Kerry is probably waiting to find out what Melo is planning to do so he can decide if it makes sense to coach there or not. Obviously if Melo bolts it makes a lot more sense to coach there. If he stays, then its basically just like being a well paid captain of the titanic. Melo will just be one long continuous five year iso, the team will suck, and the coach will get the blame.

Good luck, Kerry.

Phantom_Blue
05-10-2014, 03:00 AM
How stupid do you have to be to spell Kerr wrong? It's four letters.

I'm more curious as to what was going through his mind when he decided to add that "y" at the end.

I mean did he really spell it wrong, or was he maybe fantasizing about Danny Ferry as he was typing it?

Jyap9675
05-10-2014, 04:00 AM
Why is kerr so wantedd

D.J.
05-10-2014, 04:24 AM
Kerr would probably have more job security and leeway with the Knicks. But he has a much better chance at winning if he goes to the Warriors. The Warriors if healthy have a legit shot at the WCF. The Knicks, even at their absolute best, are a 7th-8th seed.

Knicks2014champ
05-10-2014, 04:30 AM
He would be the biggest idiot to take the Warriors job over the goat franchise in knicks

Akrazotile
05-10-2014, 11:12 AM
He would be the biggest idiot to take the Warriors job over the goat franchise in knicks

:roll: :applause:

niko
05-10-2014, 11:27 AM
The Knicks job is actually a better enviornment, as ridiculous at that sounds. Two choices...
Phil Jackson, who desperately wants Kerr here, to the point he's made an untested person a hot coaching candidate. (If Knicks don't want him, is he Warriors candidate?)

or

Warrior job. Owner just spent a year trying to oust his coach, secretly taping him with other coaches, pitting his assistants against him, and even though Jackson did good job, firing him for being "difficult".

I know it sounds strange, but honestly the Knick environment is this case is probably better.