PDA

View Full Version : Rockets were FULLY Healthy and Had TWO Superstars?

AirTupac
05-06-2014, 11:00 PM
You'd think more people would be taking about the fact that a fantastic team with great players (2 superstars) and a good bench would get bounced out in the first round.

But of course not a lot of people are talking about it because most people knew that this team wasn't shit and isn't going to be shit for a while. Not as long as you have No-D Harden and "I have fun losing in the playoffs" Howard.

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/06/7318046.jpg

Mr Exlax
05-06-2014, 11:02 PM
And the Lakers were over the cap and missed the playoffs. That's crazy to me.

AirTupac
05-06-2014, 11:03 PM
And the Lakers were over the cap and missed the playoffs. That's crazy to me.

Refer back to the lineup that the Lakers actually had :oldlol: Nice try

Milbuck
05-06-2014, 11:03 PM
Dwight's a star and a great player...but who's that second guy you're talking about?

Until they get a second star player, they're not doing jack shit in the playoffs. Dwight needs help.

AirTupac
05-06-2014, 11:05 PM
Dwight's a star and a great player...but who's that second guy you're talking about?

Until they get a second star player, they're not doing jack shit in the playoffs. Dwight needs help.

Basically his career summed up in a nutshell. Always needs help :lol

Smook A.
If Dwight wanted to have fun in the playoffs he wouldn't be putting up 26/14 for the whole series. Its not his fault the Rockets got bounced. Hell, we were one defensive stop away from forcing a game 7. We could've won game 7 too because it was gonna be a home game.

The reason why we lost is because we made some dumb mistakes (bad turnovers), poor defense at times, and Hardens play throughout the series. If he played better I'm sure the Rockets would've won the series. It was Dwight vs the whole Blazers team basically.

5 rings fan
Harden a superstar? op has a sub-60 IQ

confirmed

ABfor3
http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/dm_130626_Lakers_Unveil_Banner_Pleading_Dwight_How ard_To_Stay.jpg

Mr Exlax
05-06-2014, 11:08 PM
Refer back to the lineup that the Lakers actually had :oldlol: Nice try

I'm saying all that money they pumped into that lineup and still missed by a landslide. That's crazy to me.
We lost to a team that had their main pieces together longer than we had ours. I just wish McHale got fired. Even still though, it was a let down. We'll be better next season unless we get hit with all the injuries like we did this year.

Smook A.
Basically his career summed up in a nutshell. Always needs help :lol
Who doesn't need help?

Michael Jordan needed Scottie
Kobe needed Shaq/Pau (vice versa)
Duncan needed TP, Ginobili, Robinson
LeBron needed Wade and Bosh
KG wouldn't have won it without Pierce and Allen

Without help, a team doesn't go anywhere

JohnFreeman
Dwight played really well doe

AirTupac
05-06-2014, 11:09 PM
I'm saying all that money they pumped into that lineup and still missed by a landslide. That's crazy to me.
We lost to a team that had their main pieces together longer than we had ours. I just wish McHale got fired. Even still though, it was a let down. We'll be better next season unless we get hit with all the injuries like we did this year.

Umm the big difference is that this year was known to be an experimental year meanwhile Rockets were contenders.

buddha
05-06-2014, 11:09 PM
The Blazers were FULLY Healthy and Had Two Superstars also.

Would you had made this same thread but for them if they lost?

AirTupac
05-06-2014, 11:10 PM
The Blazers were FULLY Healthy and Had Two Superstars also.

Would you had made this same thread but for them if they lost?

Hypotheticals are cool and all but last time I checked, they won :oldlol:

Milbuck
05-06-2014, 11:11 PM
Who doesn't need help?

Michael Jordan needed Scottie
Kobe needed Shaq/Pau (vice versa)
Duncan needed TP, Ginobili, Robinson
LeBron needed Wade and Bosh
KG wouldn't have won it without Pierce and Allen

Without help, a team doesn't go anywhere
So you're saying that Houston needs a secondary star to pair with Dwight? That Dwight's supporting cast is all shit?

JohnFreeman
05-06-2014, 11:11 PM
Durant and LeBron are the only superstars

Marlo_Stanfield
05-06-2014, 11:12 PM
morey ball exposed.
spurs showing how easily the blazers are dismantled and will sweep them:roll: :roll:

Smook A.
05-06-2014, 11:12 PM
So you're saying that Houston needs a secondary star to pair with Dwight? That Dwight's supporting cast is all shit?
They already got him. He just needs to play better in the playoffs. Much better.

buddha
05-06-2014, 11:15 PM
Hypotheticals are cool and all but last time I checked, they won :oldlol:

so it doesn't matter to you that your reasoning for why a team losing was a bad thing is illogical?

Mr Exlax
05-06-2014, 11:15 PM
Umm the big difference is that this year was known to be an experimental year meanwhile Rockets were contenders.

You're an idiot if you said we were contenders this year. We play in the West. We were a new team. We had our nucleus changed. Ain't no way we're contending in the West our first year when all these other teams have systems in place already. Hell we were still learning how to play with each other.

Inferno
05-06-2014, 11:17 PM
Portland had the same record as them and is a great team. They've dropped a dud tonight, but so did OKC last night.

UK2K
05-07-2014, 12:02 AM
Since when were they contenders?

They're only contenders to Dwight and Harden haters looking for an slanted point of view.

Not one national columnist even had them coming out of the Western Conference...

First year with Dwight, BeverD a starter, Asik and Lin coming off the bench. They almost set a regular season win record and lost to a team with the same record as them with two star players at the two weakest positions on the Rockets starting five.

Keep spinning that contenders angle though. It makes your argument sound more compelling.

And Beverly spent more nights in the hospital during the playoffs than he did in a hotel room, so healthy isn't the word I would use to describe the team's health.

j3lademaster
05-07-2014, 12:38 AM
They already got him. He just needs to play better in the playoffs. Much better.And when will that be? Epic finals choke in 2012, chokes 1st round in 2013 now chokes again.

Smook A.
05-07-2014, 12:41 AM
And when will that be? Epic finals choke in 2012, chokes 1st round in 2013 now chokes again.
Im hoping its next year. If he doesn't perform good next year, I don't know what i'll say...

Akrazotile
05-07-2014, 12:43 AM
James Harden is not a superstar.

He scores a high ppg so the media only portrays him as one to all the idiots dumb enough to believe it and go out and buy his sneakers because of it.

DirkLegend41
05-07-2014, 12:45 AM
If James Harden is a superstar then so is Monta.

Black and White
05-07-2014, 12:47 AM
They already got him. He just needs to play better in the playoffs. Much better.

Yea, I agree, Jeremy Lin needs to play better.

I<3NBA
05-07-2014, 12:55 AM
Dwight's cast is enough. they just need to replace McHale and Harden.

stevieming
05-07-2014, 04:21 PM
Houston lost because James Haren didn't turn up....he had like 1 good game....

also Lin threw away one game.....

DetroitPistonFan
05-07-2014, 04:25 PM
James Harden is a superstar? :roll:

rezznor
05-07-2014, 04:29 PM
order of blame is mchale > harden > role players

ForeverHeat
05-07-2014, 04:57 PM
Rockets are a joke but Lakers 2012/13 are the biggest failure in the history of the NBA.

tontoz
05-07-2014, 04:59 PM
They will also have max cap space next summer.

brantonli
05-07-2014, 05:54 PM
This was a series where the Rockets outscored the Blazers, yet still lost in 6 games. That should tell you how close it was. The Blazers d'ed up Harden quite well so he couldn't be the closer he's supposed to be, while Houston defence basically gave Lillard what he wanted, which ultimately helped decide the series.

Black and White
05-07-2014, 05:57 PM
This was a series where the Rockets outscored the Blazers, yet still lost in 6 games. That should tell you how close it was. The Blazers d'ed up Harden quite well so he couldn't be the closer he's supposed to be, while Houston defence basically gave Lillard what he wanted, which ultimately helped decide the series.

If a team is d'ing you up well, and you are playing like ass, should you really jack up 35 shots in a game?? :confusedshrug: or maybe pass the ball to the player that was literally carrying the team the whole series?

Just a thought.

FireDavidKahn
05-07-2014, 06:01 PM
The answer couldn't possibly be that Portland was just a better team.:sleeping

Marlo_Stanfield
05-07-2014, 06:02 PM
The answer couldn't possibly be that Portland was just a better team.:sleeping
no the answer is mcfail
and harden.
:biggums:

TheMarkMadsen
05-07-2014, 06:08 PM
Why would anybody feel bad for Howard?

Bitches and moans in Orlando, gets his coach fired, agrees to be traded to LA, bitches and moans in LA, coach gets fired, has his choice of teams in the off season, hand picks his team..

Ya, poor guy.

Bl
05-07-2014, 06:09 PM
lma and lillard are better combo then harden and d12 that simple

also rockets have horrible coaching, if they cared anything about winning they would start lin over harden so harden can play his no defense ass against second units.

go with a
D12
Asisk
Parsons
Beverly
Lin

lineup and harden 6th man and they could have made confernce finals

Marlo_Stanfield
05-07-2014, 06:09 PM
Why would anybody feel bad for Howard?

Bitches and moans in Orlando, gets his coach fired, agrees to be traded to LA, bitches and moans in LA, coach gets fired, has his choice of teams in the off season, hand picks his team..

Ya, poor guy.
i feel bad for anyone who ever had to play with the rat faced snitch called kobe

el_locoteee
05-07-2014, 06:12 PM
no the answer is mcfail
and harden.

You forgot the guy who stupidly lost a game.

TheMarkMadsen
05-07-2014, 06:12 PM
i feel bad for anyone who ever had to play with the rat faced snitch called kobe

In a thread about the rockets, you bring up Kobe

The insecurity never ceases to amaze me :applause:

ILLsmak
05-07-2014, 06:14 PM
[QUOTE=Bl

Marlo_Stanfield
05-07-2014, 06:15 PM
[QUOTE=Bl

Trentknicks
05-07-2014, 06:17 PM
He dumped you Lakers fans, get over it.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-07-2014, 06:18 PM
You forgot the guy who stupidly lost a game.
yeah its not like the blazers wouldnt have had another possesion anyways righ. and they never scored in the clutch so the rockets would have won 100% right:rolleyes:
oh and then McFail let lin play through his mistake to redeem himself like he did the game before and he still blew it.. right??
oh nvm

Bl
05-07-2014, 06:25 PM
they didnt even gave lin the ball enough or let him start when the only way to slow down lillard is to make him work on defense.
Lin blew by lillard with ease yet wasnt allowed to handle the ball like a normal PG:biggums: :biggums:
the lin was benched and Lillard went off on a sick beverley every game:biggums: :biggums:

yeah coaching is what cost them

also getting D12 was an upgrade was it the right upgrade prob not could have tanked this year and had cap space for melo or some other FA. I only say melo because houstan does not care about defense

chocolatethunder
05-07-2014, 06:26 PM
yeah its not like the blazers wouldnt have had another possesion anyways righ. and they never scored in the clutch so the rockets would have won 100% right:rolleyes:
oh and then McFail let lin play through his mistake to redeem himself like he did the game before and he still blew it.. right??
oh nvm
Lin is trash. Get a life. Dragic and Lowry shit all over him.

All Net
05-07-2014, 06:26 PM
That's what happens when you have a bad coach and a team who don't play smart.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-07-2014, 06:29 PM
Lin is trash. Get a life. Dragic and Lowry shit all over him.
:biggums: :biggums:
dis nikka only pops up in here to shit on lin:wtf: :biggums:

-Lebron23-
05-07-2014, 06:54 PM
Only Lin stans like the moron above think Houston had 2 superstars.

strifed169
05-07-2014, 06:55 PM
Rockets will never go anywhere with the worst black hole and coach in league history

UK2K
05-07-2014, 07:25 PM
Only Lin stans like the moron above think Houston had 2 superstars.
They had two stars.

There are about 8 superstars in the league, and OKC and LAC have two each.

LONGTIME
05-07-2014, 07:28 PM
That's what happens when you have a bad coach and a team who don't play smart.

OKC Thunder.

-Lebron23-
05-07-2014, 07:30 PM
They had two stars.

There are about 8 superstars in the league, and OKC and LAC have two each.
So you are agreeing with me.

Jameerthefear
05-07-2014, 07:49 PM
eh. so close. houston needs to improve at the PG and PF positions and then I think they are definitely contenders.

Boarder Patrol
05-07-2014, 07:53 PM
no the answer is mcfail
and harden.

Why the fvck do you put Biggums in every post

JUDGE WITNESS
05-07-2014, 08:17 PM
rockets just suck

chocolatethunder
05-07-2014, 08:34 PM
:biggums: :biggums:
dis nikka only pops up in here to shit on lin:wtf: :biggums:
I only do it to even out all the *** guzzling of his you do.

Straight_Ballin
05-07-2014, 09:03 PM
Harden a superstar? op has a sub-60 IQ

confirmed

This board says that Harden is the best SG in the league. Either the rockets have 2 superstars or this league is weak as fvck if a no defense playing yard is the best SG in the league.