PDA

View Full Version : 305Baller's thoughts on Nets vs Heat

305Baller
05-06-2014, 06:19 PM
The Nets say they were built specifically to take out the Heat. The Nets' owner put up the funds to make it happen. The Nets went 4-0 against Miami. The Nets want Miami to go small, Miami wants to go small. The goal seems in reach.

Will it happen?
Imma break it down.

Center - Garnett vs Bosh
This is a matchup that Bosh has to win. Garnett is a HOFer. Bosh is a pernnial all-star Garnett will go down better overall but this is Bosh's time. Bosh needs to show that he can beat a 38year-old Garnett. No excuses. This is Bosh's prime. Garnett will be crafty but Bosh will have to do more than jack up threes. He needs to be aggressive and create some havoc. Advantage: even

Power Forward - Pierce vs James
There will be some shifting of different lineups but this matchup is key. Pierce is older but extremely crafty. He can still get his points. James has to show complete ownership of Pierce when they are matched up. It's that simple. If Pierce starts getting on a roll the Heat will have problems. Advantage: Heat

Small Forward - Joe Johnson vs Dwyane Wade
Is Wade ready for a tough playoff series? His body passed an early test against the Bobcats but he was not tested. Joe Johnson and the rest of the Nets will pester , bump and bruise Wade. Can Wade show he still belongs in the league's elite? Dominating this matchup and whatever else the Nets throw at him will bea good gauge. Advantage: Even

Shooting Guard -Shaun Livingston/Alan Anderson vs James Jones
Im not sure Spo will go with Jones but if he keeps Udonis and Allen on the bench expect Jones to handle the Nets SG matchup vs Shaun Livingston/Alan Anderson at times along with Ray Allen and or Wade. Whoever it is needs to bring tough defense and timely 3's. Advantage: Even

Point Guard - Deron Williams vs Mario Chalmers
This is a tough matchup for Chalmers. Deron is the engine that runs the Nets. Chalmers has to contain Deron and hit his 3's to be effective. Hopefully Deron will be forced to help on LeBron and it will free up Chalmers for some points.
Advantage: Nets

This series will either make Miami rise to it's potential or stumble into an offseason of great unknowns.

Prediction: Heat in 5.

AnaheimLakers24
05-06-2014, 06:21 PM
lol f@g. get a job instead of posting worthless crap :lol

AnaheimLakers24
05-06-2014, 06:21 PM
also heat an pacers arent playing dumb@ss

AnaheimLakers24
05-06-2014, 06:23 PM
there is a heat nets topic for a reason bitch

Bl
05-06-2014, 06:23 PM
pacers getting swept then pg gonna have a 3way with hibbert and his gurl vicky:lol

Cocaine80s
05-06-2014, 06:26 PM
wade is really playing the 3?

why not start haslem at pf?

moe94
05-06-2014, 06:27 PM
lol f@g. get a job instead of posting worthless crap :lol

You understand this is a basketball message board, right? Some dude puts thought into his thread and you clown him for it? No wonder people think this place is garbage.

305Baller
05-06-2014, 06:28 PM
wade is really playing the 3?

why not start haslem at pf?

Haslem will probably get the start but it's not set in stone. I made this matchup sheet before the lineup announcement. Let's see how it goes.

305Baller
05-06-2014, 06:29 PM
You understand this is a basketball message board, right? Some dude puts thought into his thread and you clown him for it? No wonder people think this place is garbage.

LOL. Don't worry about it. I have him on ignore.

jzek
05-06-2014, 07:13 PM
This series just like the Bobcats series is a waste. We all know the Heat will reach the ECF. Let's just get the Wizards vs Heat started instead of these other useless series! :facepalm

305Baller
05-08-2014, 02:21 PM
So here we are. Game 2.

Spo's lineup shuffle had Battier surprisingly starting Game 2. And Battier responded with a good game.

The Heat cannot let Jersey's performance in game 1 give them a false selse of security and entitlement. Jersey's old warriors are going to try to get the upset and grab home-court.

Expect a better Nets team in game 2.

305Baller
05-09-2014, 04:29 AM
Omg i really wrote jersey. Lol.

aj1987
05-09-2014, 05:04 AM
Lol @ Iso Joe and Wade being even.
Lol @ KG and Bostrich being even.

inclinerator
05-09-2014, 05:41 AM
bosh is killing it this series

InfiniteBaskets
05-09-2014, 11:50 AM
Lol @ Iso Joe and Wade being even.
Lol @ KG and Bostrich being even.

Lol @ Deron Williams being better than Chalmers...

20Four
05-09-2014, 01:02 PM
The Nets say they were built specifically to take out the Heat. The Nets' owner put up the funds to make it happen. The Nets went 4-0 against Miami. The Nets want Miami to go small, Miami wants to go small. The goal seems in reach.

Will it happen?
Imma break it down.

Center - Garnett vs Bosh
This is a matchup that Bosh has to win. Garnett is a HOFer. Bosh is a pernnial all-star Garnett will go down better overall but this is Bosh's time. Bosh needs to show that he can beat a 38year-old Garnett. No excuses. This is Bosh's prime. Garnett will be crafty but Bosh will have to do more than jack up threes. He needs to be aggressive and create some havoc. Advantage: even

Power Forward - Pierce vs James
There will be some shifting of different lineups but this matchup is key. Pierce is older but extremely crafty. He can still get his points. James has to show complete ownership of Pierce when they are matched up. It's that simple. If Pierce starts getting on a roll the Heat will have problems. Advantage: James

Small Forward - Joe Johnson vs Dwyane Wade
Is Wade ready for a tough playoff series? His body passed an early test against the Bobcats but he was not tested. Joe Johnson and the rest of the Nets will pester , bump and bruise Wade. Can Wade show he still belongs in the league's elite? Dominating this matchup and whatever else the Nets throw at him will bea good gauge. Advantage: Even

Shooting Guard -Shaun Livingston/Alan Anderson vs James Jones
Im not sure Spo will go with Jones but if he keeps Udonis and Allen on the bench expect Jones to handle the Nets SG matchup vs Shaun Livingston/Alan Anderson at times along with Ray Allen and or Wade. Whoever it is needs to bring tough defense and timely 3's. Advantage: Even

Point Guard - Deron Williams vs Mario Chalmers
This is a tough matchup for Chalmers. Deron is the engine that runs the Nets. Chalmers has to contain Deron and hit his 3's to be effective. Hopefully Deron will be forced to help on LeBron and it will free up Chalmers for some points.
Advantage: Nets

This series will either make Miami rise to it's potential or stumble into an offseason of great unknowns.

Prediction: Heat in 5.
http://i.minus.com/iT1hDmh4z0zX7.gif

Now go away you fvcking Ph^ggot http://i.minus.com/iVraQhg6MC9SR.gif

Solefade
05-09-2014, 01:17 PM

:roll: :roll:

Solefade
05-09-2014, 01:18 PM
http://i.minus.com/iT1hDmh4z0zX7.gif

Now go away you fvcking Ph^ggot http://i.minus.com/iVraQhg6MC9SR.gif

bro you never read anything cus you're dumb as shit, you don't gotta post this gif in every thread

Legends66NBA7
05-09-2014, 02:18 PM

I don't think it's much of a thought anymore.

305Baller
05-10-2014, 02:19 AM

:oldlol:

Man im putting alot of peeps on ignore these days hahaha

305Baller
05-10-2014, 04:26 PM
So here we are.... game 3.

Even Im feeling cocky. Shiiieeet. Heat should just breeze through this one too, right?

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/4fad386beab8eac843000000/its-a-trap-what-happens-when-advertisers-dont-meet-twitters-spending-quotas.jpg

OKOK. The Nets are going to come out on fire. Deron WILL probably play better. Get it... WILL? Ugh.

Garnett might show one more sign of life before getting getting mummified for the Hall of Fame. Same with Pierce. Maybe Blatch will get going.

As easy as Miami has kept control, the Nets remain a threat.

But the thing about this Heat team right now, is that it's chemistry is clicking and it's half-court game is laser-sharp.

Can the harmony continue unabated?

305Baller
05-11-2014, 06:33 PM
Credit the Nets for the shooting but Miami looked a little disinterested at times in game 3.

Miami seemed content to lose by the 3 pointer.

Like... "Okay if youre going to beat us by shooting over us...fine. Take it."

I dunno.

305Baller
05-12-2014, 02:25 PM
Ok so game 4 tonight. Miami will want to put the smack down on the Nets and put this series away before the Nets make it interesting.

No more mister nice guy!!

ILLsmak
05-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Ok so game 4 tonight. Miami will want to put the smack down on the Nets and put this series away before the Nets make it interesting.

No more mister nice guy!!

Deron's bound to have a good game. It may be tonight...!

Nets gotta win if they wanna stay alive. I dunno if the Heat care yet. Still, Heat will probably win. I will probably turn it off in the first Q, tape it, and check the score later. Unless the nets come out like they are trying to win.

I can't believe they won game 3 TBH, they looked like shit when I turned it off.

-Smak

305Baller
05-13-2014, 03:40 PM
G4 The Nets desperation was something miami didnt look ready for and at times the Heat looked like they were on the ropes. Brooklyn was hitting the Heat with some strong blows but the Heat have the best player in the game and he showed that he could be relied on to save his team from a shit situation.

Thats why he is who he is. LeBron James.

305Baller
05-14-2014, 09:52 PM
Game 4.
The Nets moves in the preseason helped the Nets gain a little more edge against the Heat but it wasnt enough. The heats cohesion and experience helped it dominate when it had to.

In game 4 lebron was taken out of the game so Wade was able to provide some lift but again everyone stepped up when they had to.

The nets did provide a good warmup for the Pacers (?) series which will probably be an ugly one.

Good play by the Nets. Heat were just better.