PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James post moves 2014 edition

VengefulAngel
05-05-2014, 02:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcR9OPgQsUc

I must admit not as smooth as MJ but he does know how to establish deep post position.

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-22318-Michael-Jordan-ball-fake-gif-SvYu.gif

Kingwillball
05-05-2014, 03:42 AM
Lebron has come a long way in that dept in the last few years he gained that and lost his ability to blow by anybody at will in half court from 3 point line so he has adapted his game accordingly.

TheMilkyBarKid
05-05-2014, 04:02 AM
Some claim his post-game isn't pretty, but there is no denying he exploits mismatches to get great post positioning :applause:

uoykcuf
05-05-2014, 04:04 AM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

One area in particular, which clearly showcases the difference in being the best player on the planet as opposed to #2. :applause:

Im Still Ballin
05-05-2014, 04:07 AM
This is why he wouldn't get shut down by Tony Allen like KD did.

Im Still Ballin
05-05-2014, 04:08 AM
Also:

LeCash rules everything around me.

plowking
05-05-2014, 04:09 AM
Even back when folks loved to say Bron had no post game, he was still effective and quite efficient regardless. With all the fail gifs that people love to post of him down there, you'll notice all of them have 2 or 3 players that have doubled down on him in the post.

Bron's post game was always there in that sense, now he is just a hell of a lot smarter as to what to do. Like I was saying in the gifs where he gets double or tripled, before he tried to force it. Now he seems to know to kick it back out, re establish and get even better post position.
Although I will say he has added a few things to his game. Wade seems to have really helped him out with that baby hook coming in towards the key. He also seems to have put a tonne of work into that turnaround J in the post. It seems like he never misses them anymore.

But yeah, now he is a beast in there. His effectiveness is now matched with smarts down there. Before he'd get lost down there and try and force things. Anyone that denies him being a top post player in the league is simply a hater. In fact, he is arguably the best in the league.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-05-2014, 04:10 AM
best post game in the nba.
i hope he destroys the nets with that:bowdown: :bowdown:

Marlo_Stanfield
05-05-2014, 04:13 AM
lebron needs to put a lont of work in a hook shot this offseason.
turnaround hook and maybe even skyhook should be a weapon of him. would make him unstoppable:biggums:

VengefulAngel
05-05-2014, 04:16 AM
turnaround hook and maybe even skyhook should be a weapon of him. would make him unstoppable:biggums:

This, he needs to work on the a little jump hook/bunny which D wade has even more.

Im Still Ballin
05-05-2014, 04:16 AM
Honestly i don't think there is an all-star that is better off ball than Lebron. It's just another under appreciated part of his game.

Solefade
05-05-2014, 04:20 AM
ain't nobody in the league that can guard lebron 1v1... he's either too strong for smaller defenders that are quick enough, too quick for defenders that are big enough

inb4 kobetard posts all star game pic :lol

VengefulAngel
05-05-2014, 04:21 AM
Honestly i don't think there is an all-star that is better off ball than Lebron. It's just another under appreciated part of his game.

^^ So true, I also think that this is the most athletic Lebron's been for a while.

Im Still Ballin
05-05-2014, 04:24 AM
every game he gets 4 or 5 easy buckets just by good off-ball movement, whether he is cutting to the basket, cutting baseline, getting a low post position or just a miss match.

salwan
05-05-2014, 04:25 AM
props to lebron for improving his craft and arsenal :applause:

his improved post game and him driving to the basket instead of settling for jumpshots is what made the difference in the last 2-3 years IMO.

fiddy
05-05-2014, 04:26 AM
Also:

LeCash rules everything around me.
I feel sorry for you if that fakkit rules everything around you

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Josh-LeCash/117961374944374

navy
05-05-2014, 04:29 AM

This. He never makes that hook shot. There is just no arc when he does it. It is quite baffling really. Wade is good at it though.

Im Still Ballin
05-05-2014, 04:29 AM
I feel sorry for you if that fakkit rules everything around you

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Josh-LeCash/117961374944374
:oldlol: Who the fvck is that ?

Diggin deep on this one bruh.

I guess the presence of Lebron and his greatness just infuriates you. Dont hate brother, bask in the king's glory.

fiddy
05-05-2014, 04:34 AM
:oldlol: Who the fvck is that ?

Diggin deep on this one bruh.

I guess the presence of Lebron and his greatness just infuriates you. Dont hate brother, bask in the king's glory.
He had someting like a weekly youtube show where he interviewed some nutcases about conspiracy theories and posted them on one of the biggest conspiracy forums. I was like wtf, who came up with this clown as the face of the operation. Anyway im not hating on anyone but rather hate the bran stans on ISH.

AirFederer
05-05-2014, 04:38 AM
:wtf:

VengefulAngel
05-05-2014, 04:41 AM
:wtf:

If you haven't got the memo yet you never will. I can tell that you don't move with the times just by your name.

buddha
05-05-2014, 04:43 AM
Even back when folks loved to say Bron had no post game, he was still effective and quite efficient regardless. With all the fail gifs that people love to post of him down there, you'll notice all of them have 2 or 3 players that have doubled down on him in the post.

Bron's post game was always there in that sense, now he is just a hell of a lot smarter as to what to do. Like I was saying in the gifs where he gets double or tripled, before he tried to force it. Now he seems to know to kick it back out, re establish and get even better post position.
Although I will say he has added a few things to his game. Wade seems to have really helped him out with that baby hook coming in towards the key. He also seems to have put a tonne of work into that turnaround J in the post. It seems like he never misses them anymore.

But yeah, now he is a beast in there. His effectiveness is now matched with smarts down there. Before he'd get lost down there and try and force things. Anyone that denies him being a top post player in the league is simply a hater. In fact, he is arguably the best in the league.

it's crazy how stupid love can make one appear.

VengefulAngel
05-05-2014, 04:46 AM
:cry: :cry:

Im Still Ballin
05-05-2014, 04:50 AM

Coming from a kobe stan.....................................

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

BoutPractice
05-05-2014, 05:40 AM
He's now a very effective power player with a fantastic understanding of how to gain position and use his strength coupled with a nice arsenal of primary moves (hook-fadeaway-Dirk leg-spin) Still lacking in counter moves, mainly because he plays with his upper body more than his lower body, but you can't argue with the results.

keep-itreal
05-05-2014, 05:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcR9OPgQsUc

are you ****ing kidding me? The very first move in the video he travels

VengefulAngel
05-05-2014, 05:47 AM
are you ****ing kidding me? The very first move in the video he travels

Nearly every1 in the nba picks up there pivot foot and travels lol.

Hoopz2332
05-05-2014, 06:02 AM

Lebron's left handed hook/bank shot is $$$$$$$$$$ though. He hardly ever misses that shot.

http://i.imgur.com/RlUHjQF.jpg

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2683431/lepostup_medium.gif

Lebron23
05-05-2014, 06:06 AM
Lebron's left handed hook/bank shot is $$$$$$$$$$ though. He hardly ever misses that shot.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

JebronLames
05-05-2014, 06:22 AM
Is that a travel on jordan?

Trollsmasher
05-05-2014, 07:34 AM

That baby hook is ****ing terrible in my opinion. He probably hit two this season and both were with very generous roll on the rim. As somebody said, it has no arc.

-Lebron23-
05-05-2014, 07:48 AM
People who compare his post game to MJ's need to get calm down.

Jordan's body was completely different, he was more agile and often focused on creating the space to get his fadeaway off.

Lebron is a beast usually posts up guys smaller than him so he is smart enough to try to plow his way to the rim when possible.

Both are amazing passers from the low post, reading defenses like no other.

Years ago those defending Melo over Lebron as an offensive player pointed to Lebron's postgame or lack of it, while as of today Lebron has made it a strength in his game.

Excellent student of the game :applause:

aj1987
05-05-2014, 08:01 AM
Years ago those defending Melo over Lebron as an offensive player pointed to Lebron's postgame or lack of it, while as of today Lebron has made it a strength in his game.

Melo has NEVER been a better offensive player than LeBron. Even if LeBron was a 20 PPG scorer, his passing makes him a much greater offensive threat. That being said, Melo has NEVER been a better scorer (outside of their rookie years) than LeBron. 28 PPG on 58% TS vs 25 PPG on 55% TS? LeBron.

-Lebron23-
05-05-2014, 08:07 AM
Melo has NEVER been a better offensive player than LeBron. Even if LeBron was a 20 PPG scorer, his passing makes him a much greater offensive threat. That being said, Melo has NEVER been a better scorer (outside of their rookie years) than LeBron. 28 PPG on 58% TS vs 25 PPG on 55% TS? LeBron.
This man knows the truth :cheers:

salwan
05-05-2014, 08:46 AM

I think Melo has more moves / a higher variety of ways to score, but Lebron is more effective and therefore a better scorer.

brownmamba00
05-05-2014, 09:01 AM
That baseline turnaround is always open for him he should use it more often...he looks much more comfortable out there in the post this year as his athleticism is declining (altho slowly), he's gonna need it in the later stages of his career.

It's not a work of art yet tbh but respectable if he keeps improving he could be deadly in the post for the next years for someone his size paired with his passing ability.

AintNoSunshine
05-05-2014, 09:03 AM

Is Paul George flopping or is he checking something out on the ceiling??:oldlol:

Hoopz2332
05-05-2014, 09:13 AM
lebron post-fade shot was on point all season but he had went away from it for a while for no good reason:confusedshrug:

http://nbatitlechase.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/lebron-shake-and-bake.gif

cos88
05-05-2014, 09:14 AM
http://img.pandawhale.com/post-22318-Michael-Jordan-ball-fake-gif-SvYu.gif

such a fantastic gif. i wonder how did he feel when he retired for good or when he realised in his late days he wasn't that good. knowing millions considered you not only the best bbal player of all time but also the best sportsman/athlete and that you will never play the profesional game should be so tough.

so many people are very good at one thing ( video games, real life thing ) imagine if you would never play/do that again...

D-FENS
05-05-2014, 09:50 AM
Some claim his post-game isn't pretty, but there is no denying he exploits mismatches to get great post positioning :applause:

I was thinking the same thing. He has such an ugly game, but it's effective. Reminds me of that retard kid that hit all those 3's.

jlip
05-05-2014, 10:47 AM
How many 6'8" 260lb players are known for having "pretty" games? For the most part, smooth, visually appealing moves are executed by smaller, thinner players who do not have either the size or strength to be physically imposing. They have to rely on extra moves to provide them with an advantage. Basketball is an athletic competition where certain qualities such as size and strength can be just as valuable as fluidity and agility when used properly. It is not gymnastics or synchronized swimming. You don't get additional points for style and aesthetics. I don't care if Lebron's post moves don't look "pretty"...as long as they are effective.

Im Still Ballin
05-05-2014, 10:51 AM
How many 6'8" 260lb players are known for having "pretty" games? For the most part, smooth, visually appealing moves are executed by smaller, thinner players who do not have either the size or strength to be physically imposing. They have to rely on extra moves to provide them with an advantage. Basketball is an athletic competition where certain qualities such as size and strength can be just as valuable as fluidity and agility when used properly. It is not gymnastics or synchronized swimming. You don't get additional points for style and aesthetics. I don't care if Lebron's post moves don't look "pretty"...as long as they are effective.
:applause: :applause: :applause:
Lebron has been straight cash money from the post this season

kamil
05-05-2014, 10:55 AM
He's still got the ugliest footwork in the post I've ever seen. For someone who's supposedly the next MJ (LO-FVCKING-L) he's got a lot of holes in his game.

Best low post player was Olajuwon, watching him play down low was beautiful. Watching LeBron dance around is.... :hammerhead:

Im Still Ballin
05-05-2014, 10:56 AM
He's still got the ugliest footwork in the post I've ever seen. For someone who's supposedly the next MJ (LO-FVCKING-L) he's got a lot of holes in his game.

Best low post player was Olajuwon, watching him play down low was beautiful. Watching LeBron dance around is.... :hammerhead:
Good thing aesthetics don't nearly matter as much as results.

Trollsmasher
05-05-2014, 11:00 AM
:applause:

Marlo_Stanfield
05-05-2014, 11:04 AM
This. He never makes that hook shot. There is just no arc when he does it. It is quite baffling really. Wade is good at it though.
i have seen him hit a running skyhook buzzer beater a few years ago:biggums:
he has Wade in practice who has one of the best hook shots in the world:coleman:
yet, when he tries the hook, it looks like he wants to murder he rim:biggums: :biggums:

Marlo_Stanfield
05-05-2014, 11:08 AM
lebron post-fade shot was on point all season but he had went away from it for a while for no good reason:confusedshrug:

http://nbatitlechase.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/lebron-shake-and-bake.gif
:eek: :eek: :eek: :wtf: :biggums:

hitmanyr2k
05-05-2014, 11:14 AM

At the same time players are remembered and watched for it. That's why no one really talks about how great of a scorer Karl Malone was. Similar to Lebron, his game wasn't easy on the eyes. If Jordan had the same kind of clunky looking game as Lebron he wouldn't be remembered in the same light either.

jlip
05-05-2014, 11:20 AM
At the same time players are remembered and watched for it. That's why no one really talks about how great of a scorer Karl Malone was. Similar to Lebron, his game wasn't easy on the eyes. If Jordan had the same kind of clunky looking game as Lebron he wouldn't be remembered in the same light either.

That's why I don't base my opinions on players I have watched myself, on what other people say.

Hoopz2332
05-05-2014, 11:43 AM

Nah, lebron's game is much more highlight filled than Karl Malones lol. Malone was boring as Tim Duncan IMo. Offensive aesthetics plays somewhat of a part in how players get overrated by people who don't actually watch games but just highlight vids. It doesn't tell you about their bball IQ and eff. Many people say that Melo's game is more pleasing on the eyes than lebron's but it's actually false which is why Melo doesn't fill the stands or draw big road crowds like Lebron. Lebron is much more exciting than Melo and it's not even close.

Relinquish
05-05-2014, 12:01 PM
I think Melo has more moves / a higher variety of ways to score, but Lebron is more effective and therefore a better scorer.

He doesn't. Melo is just a better jump shooter by a wide margin. :confusedshrug:

aj1987
05-05-2014, 03:02 PM
Doesn't matter, when LeBron is scoring a significant number of points more than him, at better efficiency. Yeah, LeBron's game is ugly, but gets the job done.

The only thing that Melo does/did better than LeBron is jump shooting and LeBron has been better than him at that this season and the last.

ZenMaster
05-05-2014, 03:28 PM
Where are the misses and turnovers?

aj1987
05-05-2014, 03:32 PM
Where are the misses and turnovers?
If we make a compilation of misses and turnovers of Kobe's career post ups, YouTube would crash.

jzek
05-05-2014, 03:35 PM
LOL at Anthony Mason being backed down like a little girl. Isn't he like 260 lbs?

zoom17
05-08-2014, 04:57 PM

Lebron definitely came a long way on his post moves:applause: