PDA

View Full Version : Switch Harden for Tony Allen

oarabbus
04-29-2014, 02:09 AM
How do the Rockets fare? WCF contenders? Lottery team? Increased defense cancels out the loss of offense and they're the same as now? What you guys think

JohnFreeman
04-29-2014, 02:11 AM
Where is the offense?

J Shuttlesworth
04-29-2014, 02:11 AM
Hmm... I could see them going to Howard as the main option and Lin/Beverly/Parsons would get more shots. It could work, but Harden is pretty important for their 4th quarter scoring. They would all end up hacking howard

Cocaine80s
04-29-2014, 02:14 AM
blazers in 4

YouGotServed
It doesn't matter because Parsons, Lin and Jones are still poor defenders. Is McHale still the coach? Not only is Houston still bad defensively but now their offense takes a hit.

Houston gets worse.

oarabbus
Where is the offense?

Dwight and Parsons will increase their shots. Lin and Beverley too.

Let me put it this way: Damian Lillard would be having nightmares with Allen on him, just look at what he's doing to KD. A Beverley-Allen backcourt will absolutely wreck any team's perimeter game. That's just a nasty defensive combo, with Dwight backing them up (and Asik at some points too).

Let me put it this way, you switch one of the absolute worst NBA defenders for THE BEST PERIMETER DEFENDER in the league. He'll give you 10ppg and save you WAY more than 10ppg on defense.

ShackEelOKneel
04-29-2014, 02:15 AM
It would improve the team, but not much. They'd be better off with an above average offensive player that is average at defense than a very good offensive but atrocious defensive player like Harden.

BrainDead
04-29-2014, 02:46 AM
OKC in 4

Smook A.
04-29-2014, 02:48 AM
It doesn't matter because Parsons, Lin and Jones are still poor defenders. Is McHale still the coach? Not only is Houston still bad defensively but now their offense takes a hit.

Houston gets worse.
I agree with this.

Milbuck
04-29-2014, 02:56 AM
They'd sweep the Blazers and take the Spurs to 7.

That team would be filthy. As much as I don't like Beverley, him and Allen would be a nasty back court defensive duo. Then you have Dwight locking down the paint. With Dwight, Parsons, Asik, Lin, Beverley, etc all getting more shots and the offense being more free flowing, I think their offense wouldn't suffer that much.

They'd be MUCH better.

KungFuJoe
04-29-2014, 03:01 AM
Allen is TOO much of a liability on offense. Their defense would be much improved, but they would lose a lot on the offensive side. For all of Harden's faults (and there are a TON), he puts points on the board.

Harden for Wes Matthews. THAT would be a helluva lot better. Rockets would improve drastically.

el_locoteee
04-29-2014, 03:02 AM
Dwight and Parsons will increase their shots. Lin and Beverley too.

Let me put it this way: Damian Lillard would be having nightmares with Allen on him, just look at what he's doing to KD. A Beverley-Allen backcourt will absolutely wreck any team's perimeter game. That's just a nasty defensive combo, with Dwight backing them up (and Asik at some points too).

Let me put it this way, you switch one of the absolute worst NBA defenders for THE BEST PERIMETER DEFENDER in the league. He'll give you 10ppg and save you WAY more than 10ppg on defense.

Memphis without Gasol wasn't very good.

Allen is not a difference maker he is just a piece to a puzzle for team who already got stars.

Gasol, Randolph, Conley are the heart of the team, Tony is just a Battier Bowen type of player, only good around stars in a team already built to win.

Switch Tony Allen with Harden in Memphis and you got your self a champion there.

Harden already took a Howard less team to a playoff in the west, Allen couldn't even make Memphis a decent team without Gasol.

oarabbus
04-29-2014, 03:03 AM
They'd sweep the Blazers and take the Spurs to 7.

That team would be filthy. As much as I don't like Beverley, him and Allen would be a nasty back court defensive duo. Then you have Dwight locking down the paint. With Dwight, Parsons, Asik, Lin, Beverley, etc all getting more shots and the offense being more free flowing, I think their offense wouldn't suffer that much.

They'd be MUCH better.

:applause: Milbuck gets it.

Allen is TOO much of a liability on offense. Their defense would be much improved, but they would lose a lot on the offensive side. For all of Harden's faults (and there are a TON), he puts points on the board.

Harden for Wes Matthews. THAT would be a helluva lot better. Rockets would improve drastically.

I don't really know about that :confusedshrug:

Let's do some simple math. Harden is a 25ppg scorer. Allen is a 10ppg scorer. If Allen prevents the opposing team from scoring about 15 points, he's a net neutral. Harden gets blown by for layups more than just a few times each quarter :confusedshrug:

KungFuJoe
04-29-2014, 03:04 AM
Switch Tony Allen with Harden in Memphis and you got your self a champion there.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

russwest0
04-29-2014, 03:04 AM
Aaron Afflalo would be a much better choice in this hypothetical scenario.

oarabbus
04-29-2014, 03:06 AM
Memphis without Gasol wasn't very good.

Allen is not a difference maker he is just a piece to a puzzle for team who already got stars.

Gasol, Randolph, Conley are the heart of the team, Tony is just a Battier Bowen type of player, only good around stars in a team already built to win.

Harden already took a Howard less team to a playoff in the west, Allen couldn't even make Memphis a decent team without Gasol.

:roll: Dude that's just embarassingly wrong. They already had Rudy Gay who is basically a better defending, less efficient Harden :oldlol:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: I KNEW I was forgetting someone. Afflalo in HOU = contending team

I honestly think Klay Thompson on Houston would make them better too but obviously I'm biased there.

JohnFreeman
04-29-2014, 03:08 AM
Who OKC should have picked up, but now are suffering.

KungFuJoe
04-29-2014, 03:08 AM
Let's do some simple math. Harden is a 25ppg scorer. Allen is a 10ppg scorer. If Allen prevents the opposing team from scoring about 15 points, he's a net neutral. Harden gets blown by for layups more than just a few times each quarter :confusedshrug:

I had typed up a long counter argument, but **** IT.

Replace Harden with a bar of soap...and the team will improve.

KungFuJoe
04-29-2014, 03:09 AM
I was gonna say Afflalo but I thought we weren't going for the jugular just yet.

russwest0
04-29-2014, 03:09 AM
Who OKC should have picked up, but now are suffering.

When is the last time he was a free agent though?

JohnFreeman
04-29-2014, 03:10 AM
When is the last time he was a free agent though?
Could have traded something for him

iamgine
04-29-2014, 03:18 AM
Actually, Tony Allen is more of a 15 ppg player. He just doesn't get the minutes.

el_locoteee
04-29-2014, 04:01 AM
:roll: Dude that's just embarassingly wrong. They already had Rudy Gay who is basically a better defending, less efficient Harden :oldlol:

Are you serious Rudy Gay?

Harden have a much much much better impact on a team than Rudy Gay.

Rudy Gay actually make you team worse, he leave Memphis they get better, Leave Toronto they get better.

Harden leave OKC never pass the second rebound and about to maybe lose in the first.

Comparing Rudy Gay to harden is like comparing Troy Daniel to Curry.

By your logic, Hey Daniel is basically a notch worst defending and more efficient scoring than Curry.

Pls Stop already.

oarabbus
04-29-2014, 04:04 AM
Are you serious Rudy Gay?

Harden have a much much much better impact on a team than Rudy Gay.

Rudy Gay actually make you team worse, he leave Memphis they get better, Leave Toronto they get better.

Harden leave OKC never pass the second rebound and about to maybe lose in the first.

Comparing Rudy Gay to harden is like comparing Troy Daniel to Curry.

By your logic, Hey Daniel is basically a notch worst defending and more efficient scoring than Curry.

Pls Stop already.

Harden sucks man let it go. He's just an awful, terribly overpaid player. Just like Joe Johnson.

el_locoteee
04-29-2014, 04:16 AM

Harden score 25ppg and allow other player to score point in efficient way. That mean that now Allen not only have to stop opposing teams from scoring 15 points is more like 30 points. And nobody is doing that in the NBA.

Allen can't replace anybody best offensive player without trading somebody who can score and create for other alone him, he will make the other teammate more difficulty to score especially if they can't create for them self. Every team will be doubling Howard in the post. Allen, Beverly will be the most inefficient back-court in the NBA.

We got somebody name Ronnie Brewer who can defend and never got in the game because the offense was so bad that your defense become completely irrelevant is like playing 4 on 5 every tome down the court.

el_locoteee
04-29-2014, 04:28 AM
Harden sucks man let it go. He's just an awful, terribly overpaid player. Just like Joe Johnson.

Harden on the court +7.1 off +7.6

In this playoff on the court +5.4

Lin -0.8 in playoff -4.9

Even with a bad playoff James Harden better than lin.

I'm sorry that James Harden's Houston owns GS. I feel where you hate is coming from.

ZenMaster
04-29-2014, 04:40 AM
They get a lot better as long as they spend the extra 10-12 million gained in the difference of their contracts.

el_locoteee
04-29-2014, 04:48 AM
They get a lot better as long as they spend the extra 10-12 million gained in the difference of their contracts.

You will only get and average player for that money.

ZenMaster
04-29-2014, 05:11 AM
You will only get and average player for that money.

Paul Millsap makes 9.5, Taj Gibson, 7.5, Serge Ibaka 12.3, Holiday 9.3, Conley Monta 8, Rondo 12..
Those guys aren't average players.

Clutch
04-29-2014, 06:38 AM
Where is the offense?
Other players will take Harden's 35 shots and probably combine for more than 35 points. Defense would be vastly improved.

JAMES HARDEN IS A REGULAR SEASON HERO AND PLAYOFFS CANCER.