PDA

View Full Version : Refs new strategy: Momentum changing stretch

livinglegend
04-22-2014, 09:49 PM
Refs are back this year with a new strategy to make their favourite team win and that is the momentum changing stretch where they gave all the calls to one game. Probably, Silver s invention.

Examples:
-Tonight s game Pacers-Hawks. Hawks led, had all the momentum. Suddenly, refs decided to change the whole momentum. They called phantom fouls on Hawks giving Pacers many fts and on other hand, Indiana could get away with anything. That stretch changed the whole game.

-OKC-Memphis game 1. Memphis came back, had all the momentum and BOOM! Refs dropped their bombs and exploded Memphis. Foul trouble on Zach, phantom, touch calls on Memphis, no calls on fouls on Memphis players... They never could comeback.

Momentum is very important in the game of basketball. Refs realised this and are using it this year. Watch out Memphis in game 3.....and the rest of the series...

inclinerator
04-22-2014, 09:50 PM
this isnt new

NumberSix
04-22-2014, 09:51 PM
Keep the game close..... If the lower seeding is winning.

atljonesbro
04-22-2014, 09:52 PM
Refs are back this year with a new strategy to make their favourite team win and that is the momentum changing stretch where they gave all the calls to one game. Probably, Silver s invention.

Examples:
-Tonight s game Pacers-Hawks. Hawks led, had all the momentum. Suddenly, refs decided to change the whole momentum. They called phantom fouls on Hawks giving Pacers many fts and on other hand, Indiana could get away with anything. That stretch changed the whole game.

-OKC-Memphis game 1. Memphis came back, had all the momentum and BOOM! Refs dropped their bombs and exploded Memphis. Foul trouble on Zach, phantom, touch calls on Memphis, no calls on fouls on Memphis players... They never could comeback.

Momentum is very important in the game of basketball. Refs realised this and are using it this year. Watch out Memphis in game 3.....and the rest of the series...
This is pretty accurate. Atlanta would have likely been up by about 20 going into the 2nd half against a demoralized Pacers team if we had a fairly officiated game.

senelcoolidge
04-23-2014, 05:46 AM
It's funny how all of a sudden things just happen that make the game tighter. The league doesn't want any sweeps. They might allow one here and there but it's rare now. The longer the series the better.

russwest0
04-23-2014, 05:51 AM
this isnt new

yup.

Tim Donaghy said they were taught this via 3 simple concepts. Key calls for/against key players in key moments.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-23-2014, 05:52 AM
its absolutely fuqing retarded that 90% of the people now the NBA is rigged to some extend yet everyone( me included) keeps watching. Imagine if it was called completely fair with no superstar calls and no rigging just pure basketball. would be the most awesome thing ever:applause:

andremiller07
04-23-2014, 05:52 AM
Against OKC the momentum changing stretch normally lasts 48mins and more if you go into OT.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-23-2014, 05:54 AM
Against OKC the momentum changing stretch normally lasts 48mins and more if you go into OT.
:roll: :roll: :applause:

Koontzy
04-23-2014, 05:54 AM
yup.

Tim Donaghy said they were taught this via 3 simple concepts. Key calls for/against key players in key moments.
Yep and it's ruining basketball for those of us who actually love the sport. And it's making it's way a lot more into college ball.

russwest0
04-23-2014, 06:01 AM
Yep and it's ruining basketball for those of us who actually love the sport. And it's making it's way a lot more into college ball.

The worst part is with all of the evidence there is really even no case that the league doesn't fix games to some extent by trying to force certain outcomes yet the media just completely ignores it and ESPN even has people working for them (Steve Javie) who get paid just to try and justify this shit.

Game 2 between OKC/Memphis is about as good as it's going to get playoff officiating wise and it was still pretty bad. The only problem is the officials in that game are going to die off soon and by the time the Finals roll around we'll be watching the same corrupt cast of characters. Dan Crawford, Joey Crawford, and Scott Foster to name a few.

I mean, do people still actually believe this BS the league spews that the playoff officials are chosen strictly from their grades (which I don't even think exist) throughout the year?

Does anybody here honestly believe Joey Crawford has graded out as the best official every single year since 1986? (I say this because he has officiated in the Finals every year since then) Not only are the odds of that extremely low, almost impossible, but you can also just watch the man officiate for 5-10 minutes in ANY game and reach the conclusion that he's by far one of the worst officials in any sports league.

JohnFreeman
04-23-2014, 06:03 AM
:lebronamazed:

JohnMax
04-23-2014, 06:07 AM
Putting certain players in foul trouble is also another strategy. I gave up on Atlanta after Paul Milsapp got his 4th foul.

russwest0
04-23-2014, 06:17 AM
Putting certain players in foul trouble is also another strategy. I gave up on Atlanta after Paul Milsapp got his 4th foul.

Reminds me of the NBA Finals where I saw Kevin Durant get sent to the bench in foul trouble for jab stepping and not even touching Dwyane Wade, yet later in the game shooting a game tying shot while getting blatantly hacked.... no call.

This "transparency" movement shit is stupid too. Like the Houston/Blazers game. The 4th quarter and OT consisted of like 10+ egregiously bad calls yet the league only comes out and admits the final one as being a mistake...

Accountability > Transparency. The league ain't fooling anybody with this shit.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-23-2014, 06:30 AM
Reminds me of the NBA Finals where I saw Kevin Durant get sent to the bench in foul trouble for jab stepping and not even touching Dwyane Wade, yet later in the game shooting a game tying shot while getting blatantly hacked.... no call.

This "transparency" movement shit is stupid too. Like the Houston/Blazers game. The 4th quarter and OT consisted of like 10+ egregiously bad calls yet the league only comes out and admits the final one as being a mistake...

yeah durant is certainly a victim of the refs:rolleyes:

russwest0
04-23-2014, 06:35 AM
yeah durant is certainly a victim of the refs:rolleyes:

Where did I say that?

Lrn2read broseph.

sportjames23
04-23-2014, 06:36 AM
The worst part is with all of the evidence there is really even no case that the league doesn't fix games to some extent by trying to force certain outcomes yet the media just completely ignores it and ESPN even has people working for them (Steve Javie) who get paid just to try and justify this shit.

Game 2 between OKC/Memphis is about as good as it's going to get playoff officiating wise and it was still pretty bad. The only problem is the officials in that game are going to die off soon and by the time the Finals roll around we'll be watching the same corrupt cast of characters. Dan Crawford, Joey Crawford, and Scott Foster to name a few.

I mean, do people still actually believe this BS the league spews that the playoff officials are chosen strictly from their grades (which I don't even think exist) throughout the year?

Does anybody here honestly believe Joey Crawford has graded out as the best official every single year since 1986? (I say this because he has officiated in the Finals every year since then) Not only are the odds of that extremely low, almost impossible, but you can also just watch the man officiate for 5-10 minutes in ANY game and reach the conclusion that he's by far one of the worst officials in any sports league.

Oh, shit, that old bastard's done every Finals since '86?

Sad thing is, we shouldn't even know the names of the officials. NBA officials became household names years ago. I can only name one NFL offical (Ed Hoculi, and that's because everybody made of big deal about him being the size of a football player). I don't know any MLB or NHL officials.

russwest0
04-23-2014, 06:40 AM
Oh, shit, that old bastard's done every Finals since '86?

Sad thing is, we shouldn't even know the names of the officials. NBA officials became household names years ago. I can only name one NFL offical (Ed Hoculi, and that's because everybody made of big deal about him being the size of a football player). I don't know any MLB or NHL officials.

Yup, the only one he's missed was that year he was suspended from the league for trying to fight Tim Duncan.

pmj
04-23-2014, 07:25 AM

But you didn't see anything wrong with the Spurs OKC series before that Finals series?

Hoopz2332
04-23-2014, 07:32 AM

:roll: :applause:

SpaceJammeR
04-23-2014, 07:37 AM
But you didn't see anything wrong with the Spurs OKC series before that Finals series?

lmao. :applause: :applause: :applause:

russwest0
04-23-2014, 07:43 AM

Where did I say that?

That Spurs/OKC series the officials were being biased as hell towards OKC.

Blue&Orange
04-23-2014, 07:48 AM
Refs are back this year with a new strategy to make their favourite team win
What new strategy? How da fack did Miami Cheat beat Boston and OKC in 2012? :lol

Those series have the biggest collection of absurd bad calls in close games going one side know to man.

What? DO you think it was Lebrona James sitting on the bench faking cramps after airballing, that won that 'ship? lol

Marlo_Stanfield
04-23-2014, 07:56 AM
What new strategy? How da fack did Miami Cheat beat Boston and OKC in 2012? :lol

Those series have the biggest collection of absurd bad calls in close games going one side know to man.

What? DO you think it was Lebrona James sitting on the bench faking cramps after airballing, that won that 'ship? lol
actually he sat on the bench after making a shot. then he came back and decided the series with a deep ultra giga clutch three.
as always, you take the loss:roll: :roll:

livinglegend
04-23-2014, 10:06 AM

Yeah, how da fack did Miami beat Boston and OKC in 2012..... with all the call against them? :oldlol: :oldlol:

SkipToMyLou
04-23-2014, 11:24 PM
ironic

becken
04-24-2014, 06:11 AM
:biggums: :biggums: