PDA

View Full Version : Dirk and Nash Grantland video

zoom17
04-18-2014, 10:54 PM
Steve Nash and former teammate Dirk Nowitzki reminisce about the time they had together on the Dallas Mavericks, speculate about what would have happened had they stayed teammates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VePNq-V_wxk

J Shuttlesworth
04-18-2014, 11:08 PM
All aboard the feels train :cry: great video though

Smook A.
04-18-2014, 11:12 PM
Going down the memory lane.

Nash and Nowitzki were fun to watch back in the day.

russwest0
04-18-2014, 11:13 PM
Feel like we're gonna see this shit with James Harden in 20 years, feeling like shit, sitting at dinner with KD and Russ asking them what it's like to win a championship :oldlol:

inclinerator
04-18-2014, 11:14 PM
Feel like we're gonna see this shit with James Harden in 20 years, feeling like shit, sitting at dinner with KD and Russ asking them what it's like to win a championship :oldlol:
it be funny if harden wins one before them

Smook A.
04-18-2014, 11:16 PM
it be funny if harden wins one before them
That would be pretty cool.

Pushxx
04-18-2014, 11:54 PM
Really interesting. The editing and effects make it so strange.

zoom17
04-19-2014, 12:03 AM
Really interesting. The editing and effects make it so strange.

When Nash told him should I retire you can tell he wanted to say yes but he didn't want to hurt discourage him.

J Shuttlesworth
04-19-2014, 12:04 AM
When Nash told him should I retire you can he wanted to say yes but he didn't want to hurt discourage him.
I felt like he was basically saying "Yes"

chazzy
04-19-2014, 12:05 AM
That was cool

zoom17
04-19-2014, 12:08 AM
I felt like he was basically saying "Yes"

Yeah Grantland has a lot of great videos on that channel.

Pushxx
04-19-2014, 12:12 AM
When Nash told him should I retire you can tell he wanted to say yes but he didn't want to hurt discourage him.

It was hard for me to digest the conversation because the music made it so awkward and philosophical.

I wonder what that conversation would sound like with 0 editing and music. Would it come off differently to us? I don't know.

JohnFreeman
04-19-2014, 12:15 AM
It was hard for me to digest the conversation because the music made it so awkward and philosophical.

I wonder what that conversation would sound like with 0 editing and music. Would it come off differently to us? I don't know.
I feel like Dirk was asked if he wanted dessert, said I dunno maybe then they put that answer in for Nash's question

J Shuttlesworth
04-19-2014, 12:15 AM
Yeah Grantland has a lot of great videos on that channel.
I've watched at least 10 in a row. Currently watching "Players Bill and Jalen are Happy Made the Playoffs"

kentatm
04-19-2014, 01:04 AM
damn man

that gave me some feels :cry:

houston
04-19-2014, 01:15 AM
he wasn't going to win with nash anyways

Fazotronic
04-19-2014, 03:52 PM
emotional

DMAVS41
04-19-2014, 03:55 PM
That is tough to watch for me honestly...sounds like Nash is looking for Dirk to say;

"oh yea...we would have won a bunch together"

And he didn't do that. Feel really bad for Nash that he's never even made the finals...you can tell that really hurts him.

Love Nash...love the honesty.

Fazotronic
04-19-2014, 04:23 PM
That is tough to watch for me honestly...sounds like Nash is looking for Dirk to say;

"oh yea...we would have won a bunch together"

And he didn't do that. Feel really bad for Nash that he's never even made the finals...you can tell that really hurts him.

Love Nash...love the honesty.

lol yea thats exactly how i felt. but this isn't even really honesty. dirk is just to humble to say yea sure we win a bunch. you don't know which pieces they would get so it wouldn't be to bad to say it but yea at the end it just makes a bit of a sad video.

DMAVS41
04-19-2014, 06:00 PM
lol yea thats exactly how i felt. but this isn't even really honesty. dirk is just to humble to say yea sure we win a bunch. you don't know which pieces they would get so it wouldn't be to bad to say it but yea at the end it just makes a bit of a sad video.

I didn't think Dirk was being "honest" there...I think it was being humble and not disrespecting the guys he did play with after Nash left.

The honesty I was talking about was with Nash...you can tell he sits around thinking about how different his career would have been staying with the Mavs.

Truth is...like Dirk said, I don't know what more the Mavs could have given Nash than those Suns teams did other than Dirk. And I'm just not sure Nash could play as well as he did playing a bit of a slower pace and actually being asked to defend.

Who knows though...I do wish he had played his career out in Dallas with Dirk...but that's just because i love those guys. Not sure we ever win a title or have as much success....

LongLiveTheKing
04-19-2014, 06:31 PM
I wish I would've seen those Mavs with Dirk and Nash.