PDA

View Full Version : Harden Trade Will Go Down As Worst in NBA History

SilkkTheShocker
04-18-2014, 02:27 PM
if the Thunder don't win a title with the core they have.

aboss4real24
04-18-2014, 02:28 PM
If harden doesnt win a title it wont.

SilkkTheShocker
04-18-2014, 02:33 PM
If harden doesnt win a title it wont.

It doesn't what Harden wins or doesn't win. He is the unanimous best SG in the league. He was traded for role players. That's what happens when you have cheap hillbilly owners running your team.

Qwyjibo
04-18-2014, 02:33 PM
No it won't. Not even close in fact.

If this trade was done based on talent and they actually thought they'd get equal production in the players they got back, then sure. But this trade was done because they wouldn't be able to keep Harden unless they were fine with paying their entire bench league minimum. It was a money issue. The management did what they had to do without a firm commitment of consistently going into luxury tax levels from their ownership.

TheMarkMadsen
04-18-2014, 02:34 PM
OP so original

SilkkTheShocker
04-18-2014, 02:37 PM
No it won't. Not even close in fact.

If this trade was done based on talent and they actually thought they'd get equal production in the players they got back, then sure. But this trade was done because they wouldn't be able to keep Harden unless they were fine with paying their entire bench league minimum. It was a money issue. The management did what they had to do without a firm commitment of consistently going into luxury tax levels from their ownership.

You don't let a player of Harden's talent leave. Ever. Their was absolutely no basis for the trade other than Clay Bennett being a cheap ass h.ick

Qwyjibo
04-18-2014, 02:44 PM
You don't let a player of Harden's talent leave. Ever. Their was absolutely no basis for the trade other than Clay Bennett being a cheap ass h.ick
Well yeah, it's obviously the cheapness of the ownership that caused it. I doubt the OKC management really thought it was a good deal for them talent/production-wise. They had to make the best of a bad situation by getting cheap long-term assets.

It's just the nature of the NBA. Any team not located in LA or NY (and maybe an odd exception like Dallas) will never be able to retain that much top talent because of the cap.

NumberSix
04-18-2014, 02:49 PM
Imagine if Harden wins a chip and OKC doesn't.

:roll:

SilkkTheShocker
04-18-2014, 02:53 PM

:oldlol: :oldlol:

Pressure is OKC big time. They keep Harden and they definitely win a few titles. Without him? Would be shocked if they ever win one.

NumberSix
04-18-2014, 02:57 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol:

Pressure is OKC big time. They keep Harden and they definitely win a few titles. Without him? Would be shocked if they ever win one.
They're still super stacked. They SHOULD win a title or 2, but if they still had Harden, it would be a lock this season.

Straight_Ballin
04-18-2014, 02:58 PM

Harden is a 1 way player with no defensive skill set whatsoever.

DMAVS41
04-18-2014, 03:00 PM
Even though it was actually just a good trade for both teams...

If the Thunder never win and the Rockets do with Harden...then yes, it will go down as the worst trade, or at least one of the select few, in nba history.

I can't imagine any scenario other than massive choking or injuries that would cause that...but I guess we have to be open to that possibility...

GOBB
04-18-2014, 03:01 PM
A Bron stan talkin about another team winning multiple titles is always good for laughs. I mean let's just say Harden remains in OKC, does anyone really believe the crap he said that they would win multiple titles? No?

Thought so.

Mr Exlax
04-18-2014, 03:02 PM
Harden is what made OKC so scary. WB and Durant were free to just score because he would come in and could score but also run the offense late in games. He was a much better defender in OKC because Brooks is a coach that holds his players accountable. I hate Harden on defence now, but he does play it in the 4th quarter. I hate it, but the lazy sack of shit does.

DMAVS41
04-18-2014, 03:03 PM
They're still super stacked. They SHOULD win a title or 2, but if they still had Harden, it would be a lock this season.

It would not be a lock.

I could envision a WB vs Harden feud getting going in the conference finals after a frustrating loss in which one of them didn't get burn when they wanted or didn't get the shot they wanted.

That dynamic was already showing signs of being a problem back in 2011...I can't imagine what it would be like at this point as everyone would know how good Harden is now.

You need a whole lot better of a coach than Scott Brooks to manage those two guys.

I also would worry about their defense being good enough to win with Harden playing significant minutes.

Mr Exlax
04-18-2014, 03:04 PM
A Bron stan talkin about another team winning multiple titles is always good for laughs. I mean let's just say Harden remains in OKC, does anyone really believe the crap he said that they would win multiple titles? No?

Thought so.

For what it's worth, I am 100% sure they would have won with Harden. They're still searching for his scoring/playmaking ability off their bench.

SilkkTheShocker
04-18-2014, 03:04 PM
Harden is a 1 way player with no defensive skill set whatsoever.

So lets trade him for role players. Got it :oldlol: . You don't trade that type of talent ever. Especially when Harden is an elite scorer. A Durant-Westbrook-Harden-Ibaka team wins the championship at one point. And maybe more. The talent would be too much. All they did was make things tougher on themselves. Lamb, Adams, etc who gives a shit? None of them are going to be a talent as good as Harden. Or even close, really. Cheap, hick ownership

SilkkTheShocker
04-18-2014, 03:08 PM

Thought so.

I definitely would have been concerned about them with Miami needing to retool this offseason. But with no Harden? Who gives a shit. Their bench is nothing special, they have a shit coach, and you can bet on Westbrook taking looks away from KD. They traded one of the most efficient scorers in the league. A guy that was huge in them making their first Finals, for pennies on the dollar. They are a f.ucking joke.

Mr. Incredible
04-18-2014, 03:16 PM
OP so original
You're not any better.

kentatm
04-18-2014, 03:19 PM
Harden Trade Will Go Down As Worst in NBA History if the Thunder don't win a title with the core they have.

Tractor Traylor for Dirk (and Pat Garrity who the Mavs then used to trade for Steve Nash) on draft day 98 brah

SilkkTheShocker
04-18-2014, 03:32 PM
Tractor Traylor for Dirk (and Pat Garrity who the Mavs then used to trade for Steve Nash) on draft day 98 brah

Was going to say that, but I wasn't sure what the deal was with that trade.

NumberSix
04-18-2014, 03:37 PM
Kwame for Pau is up there. Blade for Kobe gets an HM as well.

oarabbus
04-18-2014, 04:37 PM

:roll: Holy crap you got me rooting for the Rockets a bit with that one :oldlol:

Bigsmoke
04-18-2014, 08:21 PM
The 04 Pistons got Rasheed Wallace for trading away who again

Graviton
04-21-2014, 02:00 AM
If only OKC had Harden signed to a max contract right now, GOAT ghost in the playoffs. :lol

Heavincent
04-24-2014, 12:53 PM
http://i.minus.com/ibqWltSh0Jpkte.gif

imdaman99
04-24-2014, 01:25 PM
Harden couldn't even make it as a #3 on the biggest of stages, did we really expect him to do it as #1A/1B?

Milbuck
04-24-2014, 01:28 PM
He was and always will be the bitchboy of the league. You can throw a nice little superhero cape on him and give him his own city, but he's still a bitchboy.

Shame on whoever thought this shitty little fraud was worth anything.

Smook A.
04-24-2014, 01:30 PM
This dude needs to step up. Im getting sick of it. No effort on defense and he's shooting below 30%. Thats unacceptable. The 2 loses are all on him

dannywpt
04-24-2014, 01:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/TaTdV.gif

If Harden signed a near max contract and did this in OKC right now, OP would be on the loose littering the forums with how OKC ownership is so awful for signing Harden.

No matter what happens, OP will still be a fakkit

ArbitraryWater
04-24-2014, 01:31 PM
What's Silkk banned for? :eek: :cry:

imdaman99
04-24-2014, 01:32 PM
This dude needs to step up. Im getting sick of it. No effort on defense and he's shooting below 30%. Thats unacceptable. The 2 loses are all on him
He's turned into JR Smith. As a Knicks fan, I feel your pain. But at the same time, FCK HARDEN AND JR.

gts
04-24-2014, 01:35 PM
because he's a troll

ArbitraryWater
04-24-2014, 01:36 PM
because he's a troll

But a funny one

Tbh, Ive seen him take part of plenty casual discussion lately... unbiased stuff, just good contributions.

fiddy
04-24-2014, 01:37 PM
I can see you are a heat bandwagoner, but why would you care about garbage posters?

dannywpt
04-24-2014, 01:37 PM
But a funny one

... how?

I've seen like a trillion of his posts and none even made me chuckle. Someone like Jabbar on the other hand...

ArbitraryWater
04-24-2014, 01:47 PM
... how?

I've seen like a trillion of his posts and none even made me chuckle. Someone like Jabbar on the other hand...

Doesn't make you chuckle?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9192267&postcount=55

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8427237&postcount=21

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9202534&postcount=5

dannywpt
04-24-2014, 01:52 PM
Yup, still not even remotely funny. To each his own, I guess. :confusedshrug:

ArbitraryWater
04-24-2014, 01:54 PM
Yup, still not even remotely funny. To each his own, I guess. :confusedshrug:

Hell outta here man, thats mad ether... He does it with smarts and wit too.. Show me some Jabbar photoshop then

KyleKong
04-24-2014, 01:59 PM
Doesn't make you chuckle?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9192267&postcount=55

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8427237&postcount=21

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9202534&postcount=5

The second one made me laugh. :lol

secund2nun
04-24-2014, 02:03 PM
Harden has never been a star yet he has been called a star simply because most fans are idiots that massively overrate wing players. Clowns have been calling Harden the best player on the Rockets over Howard :oldlol: