PDA

View Full Version : What happened with the Nets this season?

Upgrayedd
04-17-2014, 01:33 AM
I don't think you can call them a complete failure like last seasons Lakers. But this is one "super team" I really thought were going to dominate.

C: Lopez
PF: Garnett
SF: Pierce
SG: Johnson
PG: Williams

Set at every single position.

Smook A.
04-17-2014, 01:36 AM
They sucked booty at the start of the season.

At the start of 2014, they started playing well. Nets weren't as successful as people thought they would be because of their age and injuries. KG is old and was injured. He was out for 19 days at one point. Brook Lopez was finished early into the season.

Eric Cartman
04-17-2014, 01:39 AM
Look at their record in 2014, one of the best of the league.

They have written their wrongs through trial and error with many sacrifices along the way to come up victorious now with a eminent battle pending between them and the Miami Heat. Their way of getting to the ECF may be strange, but in the end getting there is their destiny which will be fulfilled easily if Miami continues lurking in troublesome water.

tpols
04-17-2014, 01:40 AM
Lopez is too soft, JJ too laid back and Deron too complacent. Thank god brook went out and KG got to reign the defense in.. livingston deserves a major shout out for his facilitating and high IQ as does plumlee for his sustained effort and smart/tough play. Pierce picked it up as well..

gonna need some danny green type shit from thornton and teletovic to beat the heat tho

INDI
04-17-2014, 03:20 AM
Lopez is too soft, JJ too laid back and Deron too complacent. Thank god brook went out and KG got to reign the defense in.. livingston deserves a major shout out for his facilitating and high IQ as does plumlee for his sustained effort and smart/tough play. Pierce picked it up as well..

gonna need some danny green type shit from thornton and teletovic to beat the heat tho

This pretty much is spot on. I would also give credit to Kidd, by putting pierce to the PF and starting both Livingston and DWill, gave them better spacing and versatility

oarabbus
04-17-2014, 03:52 AM
I don't think you can call them a complete failure like last seasons Lakers. But this is one "super team" I really thought were going to dominate.

When you realize KG is sadly a role player now and Deron is a Jeff Teague-level player, they aren't that stacked anymore.

Basically we underestimated KG's dropoff and people overrated Dwill like usual.

Djsonny
04-17-2014, 02:29 PM

Wrong lopez, with all the players, they would do better with a player like robin lopez. More defensive player. Garnett is on a major decline. I think their main issue was trying to figure out who the primary is and I think they realized JJ has stepped up and pierce is the 2nd option. I still like their chances, plumlee has great potential. Would like to see plumlee at the pf along side Lopez to see how that would work. I like their combo with williams and livingston, always been a fan of taller PGs.

Levity
04-17-2014, 02:35 PM
not only were they a brand new team to start the season, they also hired a first time head coach who was only 1 year removed from playing in the nba.

it was going to take them a while to gel (remember, the heat werent great at the start of their big 3). The repositioning of lawrence frank was probably their best move, because it put kidd in the spot as the teams head guy on the sideline, and once he got his coaching bearing down, the team really put it together.

ILLsmak
04-17-2014, 03:20 PM
I will be pretty happy to see them beat the Raptors in the first round, but not at all surprised if they go down 4-1.

-Smak

ImKobe
04-17-2014, 03:26 PM
Lopez only played 17 games and is out until next season
KG hasn't been himself and has missed a lot of games
Deron is washed up
Pierce/JJ are their main scoring options, neither are elite scorers anymore
rookie coach, who took some time to develop chemistry with the players

best record in the East since Jan 1st, I think the Nets have done fairly well after a horrible start to the season, when it looked like they would implode.

who is the Nets' best player? They don't have that one guy they can lean on. It was supposed to be Deron, but he's been average. Nets really need a 20+ ppg scorer (Brook was that guy), who could provide them scoring on a consistent basis.

Kiddlovesnets
04-17-2014, 04:47 PM
Since Brook Lopez went down the season was about over. We made the playoffs and had some good runs, but in the end it wont matter whether it's a 1st or 2nd round trip for a team aiming for at least ECF. So you get the idea, injuries to key players. The Nets are actually quite different from the Lakers, we do have good team chemistry the Lakers never developed, but the injury issue for old teams is something that we fail to prevent.

smoovegittar
04-17-2014, 04:55 PM
I got Raptors in 6.

FLDFSU
04-17-2014, 05:05 PM
lol and their fans would be happy to get out of the second round...

It's pretty pathetic how little expectations there are for a team that features KG, Pierce, Dwill and Johnson...

sketchy
04-17-2014, 05:11 PM
They started out terrible... then some things went down... now they've been pretty good.
I expect them to make a push for the Finals.

FLDFSU
04-17-2014, 05:20 PM
Look at their record in 2014, one of the best of the league.

They have written their wrongs through trial and error with many sacrifices along the way to come up victorious now with a eminent battle pending between them and the Miami Heat. Their way of getting to the ECF may be strange, but in the end getting there is their destiny which will be fulfilled easily if Miami continues lurking in troublesome water.

Someone correct me if I am wrong...But isn't the reason the Nets are 50 billion over the cap is to win a ring?

I am not sure that Pierce, KG agreed to be traded to Nets so they can get past the second round...

If they beat the Heat, and then fail to beat the Bulls/Pacers, their ENTIRE season is a COMPLETE failure...

INDI
04-17-2014, 06:06 PM
Someone correct me if I am wrong...But isn't the reason the Nets are 50 billion over the cap is to win a ring?

I am not sure that Pierce, KG agreed to be traded to Nets so they can get past the second round...

If they beat the Heat, and then fail to beat the Bulls/Pacers, their ENTIRE season is a COMPLETE failure...

Wouldn't that be the same for all teams or are you singling out the nets for some reason?

Isn't it championship or bust for heat/pacers/thunder/spurs/clippers etc... doesn't mean that your season didn't mean anything you build off of each

niko
04-17-2014, 10:42 PM
The truth is honestly getting to the 2nd round would be seen as good for the Nets. The contender ship sailed, so now people just want to see them put up a good fight.

A loss to the Raptors would really reflect badly on them. Essentially they'd have done no better than last year, with all they gave up and much more talent/

zoom17
04-17-2014, 10:44 PM
meh 1st round exit.

JellyBean
04-17-2014, 10:55 PM
They lacked chemistry and roles were not clearly defined. Plus you throw in injuries and coaching issues, well that is what happened to the Nets this season.