C - Kareem
PF - Hakeem
SF - Bird
SG - MJ
PG - Magic

What do you think?

Mass Debator
04-07-2014, 12:13 PM
You can't go wrong with those players. I'd take a different approach. It's not a do-or-die line up but one that can be consistently dominate over a long stretch.

Jerry West
Reggie Miller
Lebron James
Kevin Garnett
Hakeem Olajuwon

AnaheimLakers24
04-07-2014, 12:15 PM
magic
kobe
jordan
rodman
hakeem

T_L_P
04-07-2014, 12:18 PM
The PG, SG and SF is almost always the same (Magic, Jordan, Bird or Magic, Jordan, LeBron). I'm always interested to see the PF / C combos on these lists though.

I'm not entirely sure how well Hakeem and Kareem would work. These are usually the PF / C combos I think would work best:

Duncan / Walton
Garnett / Kareem

ImKobe
04-07-2014, 12:18 PM
Magic
West
Kobe
Baylor
Kareem

Bob Dole
04-07-2014, 12:20 PM
lol at hakeem being anywhere near these line ups

Mass Debator
04-07-2014, 12:23 PM
The most versatile big ever. Inside outside on defense and offense

jzek
04-07-2014, 12:32 PM
C - Kareem
PF - Hakeem
SF - Bird
SG - MJ
PG - Magic

What do you think?

We have nearly identical all-time lineup! One difference is I'd move Hakeem to center and replace KAJ with Duncan.

jzek
04-07-2014, 12:33 PM

Only all-time great center with no weakness.

Name me your all-time centers and I'll tell you one major weakness with them (either they can't hit FTs or no jumpshot etc.)

JellyBean
04-07-2014, 12:36 PM
Nothing wrong with that list. Looks good.

davehos
04-07-2014, 12:39 PM

If he's good enough for Miller (and M. Jordan's) top 5 ... Hakeem is good enough for me.

The man was an all-time great scorer and all-time great defender.

:confusedshrug:

Bob Dole
04-07-2014, 12:49 PM
Most of you know nothing about hakeem and barely saw him play. You see a shake and bake move against Robinson and think he was other wordly. He literally couldn't separate himself from most of his contemporaries let alone the all time greats.

If you want to use that versatility bullcrap line then you go with Kareem.

Best Centers of all time:

1.Wilt
2.Kareem
3.Shaq
4.Russell
5.Duncan
6.Hakeem

Dude isnt even on the center starting line up squad.

ps. dont come at me talking about Duncan is a PF, he's a freaking center

T_L_P
04-07-2014, 12:56 PM

Interchangeable skill-set. Best at most successful years were at the PF. He's a PF.

Unless you're willing to say Barkley was an SF, Pippen a PG, Magic an SF/PF.

SHAQisGOAT
04-07-2014, 01:05 PM
Great line-up, I'd only change one player...

Hakeem definitely had the skill-set and also athleticism to play PF but he was a C, most effective there, always played at the 5, and even with Sampson he played center (Sampson probably was a "better" PF than Hakeem though, even with the height)... Duncan spent his best years at PF, and he's the GOAT PF, so to me:

Magic
Jordan
Bird
Duncan
Kareem

Mass Debator
04-07-2014, 01:15 PM
Most of you know nothing about hakeem and barely saw him play. You see a shake and bake move against Robinson and think he was other wordly. He literally couldn't separate himself from most of his contemporaries let alone the all time greats.

1.Wilt
2.Kareem
3.Shaq
4.Russell
5.Duncan
6.Hakeem

It doesn't matter where Hakeem is ranked. He had the skill-set to fit on any team. This is an all-time team. He won't be the first option. Kareem is a great choice too for versatility, but Hakeem had a bit better defense and jump shot. If you want to build a team inside out offensively, sure, go with Kareem.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-07-2014, 01:22 PM
Hakeem
Dirk
Pippen
MJ
Stockton

Duncan, Bird, Kareem, and Magic are all better at their position, but I feel my team has great versatility and spacing.

bballnoob1192
04-07-2014, 01:31 PM
Id have to go with
Magic
Jordan
Durant
Kg
Shaq

T_L_P
04-07-2014, 01:31 PM
Hakeem
Dirk
Pippen
MJ
Stockton

Duncan, Bird, Kareem, and Magic are all better at their position, but I feel my team has great versatility and spacing.

Payton
Pippen
Mullin
Duncan
Walton

That defense. Except for Mullin. You couldn't hide that dude.

christian1923
04-07-2014, 01:44 PM
Only a beta would leave himself off the lineup.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-07-2014, 01:46 PM
Steve Nash
Ray Allen
LeBron James
Kevin Garnett
Wilt Chamberlain
:bowdown: :bowdown: :applause:

Force
04-07-2014, 02:10 PM
Olajuwon has been so overrated over the years. He's an all time great but it's silly how high people have him. I've already gone over this on this boards so won't go into it again.

RoundMoundOfReb
04-07-2014, 02:40 PM
Not bad. I would go:

Magic
MJ
LBJ
Bird
Shaq

Thunderfan86
04-07-2014, 03:48 PM
If he's good enough for Miller (and M. Jordan's) top 5 ... Hakeem is good enough for me.

What was Jordan's top 5?

WillC
04-07-2014, 04:36 PM
[QUOTE=Bob Dole]Most of you know nothing about hakeem and barely saw him play. You see a shake and bake move against Robinson and think he was other wordly. He literally couldn't separate himself from most of his contemporaries let alone the all time greats.

1.Wilt
2.Kareem
3.Shaq
4.Russell
5.Duncan
6.Hakeem

ps. dont come at me talking about Duncan is a PF, he's a freaking center[/QUOTE

Spot on :applause: There's no harm in being the 5th or 6th best center of all-time. There's no way that Hakeem was better than Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Meanwhile, although Olajuwon outplayed him when Shaq was new to the league, I'd take an in-his-prime Shaq over a peak Olajuwon.

davehos
04-07-2014, 04:42 PM
What was Jordan's top 5?

The former Chicago Bulls star chose teammate Scottie Pippen, Los Angeles Lakers James Worthy and Magic Johnson and Houston Rockets center Hakeem Olajuwon as his teammates in a pickup game.

"I got no chance of losing. None at all," he said

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/michael-jordan-names-four-teammates-d-pick-best-220025617--nba.html

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9975253/michael-jordan-picks-top-pickup-team-favorite-slam

Well, I guess technically it's not Jordan's top 5 but it's the 4 players he'd choose in a pickup. Think of the defense on that team. Sick.

Black and White
04-07-2014, 04:45 PM

:wtf:

SexSymbol
04-07-2014, 05:34 PM
In order to work, I think the greatest line up would be
C-Hakeem
PF-Duncan
SF-Jordan
SG-Kobe
PG-Stockton
The most competitive line-up ever assembled

Euroleague
04-07-2014, 05:40 PM
He didn't kiss Duncan's ass, so I am good with it. This whole "Duncan is the best power forward ever" bullshit is really getting old.

LAClipsFan33
I'd go

PG - Garry Payton
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - Scottie Pippen
PF - Tim Duncan
C - Wilt Chamberlain

Defense wins championships and there would be no arguing over shooting the rock

Jlamb47
Magic
Kobe
Jordan
Duncan
Robinson

Euroleague
04-07-2014, 05:41 PM

1.Wilt
2.Kareem
3.Shaq
4.Russell
5.Duncan
6.Hakeem

:lol :oldlol: :roll:

:facepalm :rolleyes:

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

SexSymbol
04-07-2014, 06:01 PM
He didn't kiss Duncan's ass, so I am good with it. This whole "Duncan is the best power forward ever" bullshit is really getting old.
You must be joking.
There isn't any other position in which the second greatest player of it is as far as in power forwards from duncan.
Literally, even Kobe is closer to MJ than whatever you feel the second best PF is to Duncan

Euroleague
04-07-2014, 06:04 PM
You must be joking.
There isn't any other position in which the second greatest player of it is as far as in power forwards from duncan.
Literally, even Kobe is closer to MJ than whatever you feel the second best PF is to Duncan

Put down the crack pipe.

kshutts1
04-07-2014, 06:08 PM
C - Kareem
PF - Hakeem
SF - Bird
SG - MJ
PG - Magic

What do you think?

As with most peoples' all-time starting 5, I think it lacks spacing. Kind of ironic, too, considering whose list it is. I would think that Reggie, of all people, would recognize the importance of spacing for an offense.

Against a normal team, that lineup would clearly dominate. But against other all-time lineups, I don't see it doing well. Bird is the only player that's consistently good beyond 20 feet. Would be so easy (relatively speaking) to defend that team.

T_L_P
04-07-2014, 06:14 PM

As if he isn't :facepalm

Who is ahead of him then?

Ronaldinho
04-07-2014, 06:15 PM
1st team

Kidd
Kobe
Lebron
Duncan
Shaq

2nd team

Nash
Wade
Durant
Dirk
Garnett

3rd team

Parker
Iverson
T-Mac
Webber
Howard

DMAVS41
04-07-2014, 06:16 PM
C - Kareem
PF - Hakeem
SF - Bird
SG - MJ
PG - Magic

What do you think?

I actually don't like that at all if you are making a team out of it.

If that's just his list for best player at each position...okay I guess, but I'm assuming it isn't because Hakeem really wasn't ever considered a pf

If I don't really have to be a slave to positions...I think this team would be almost impossible to beat;

PG - West
SG - MJ
SF - Bird
PF - Dirk
C - Russell

I have Magic as my 3rd best player, so the above isn't a knock on him...I just don't think he fits as well with that team as West does

If I was making a Magic team;

PG - Magic
SG - West
SF - Bird
PF - KG
C - Kareem

christian1923
04-07-2014, 06:18 PM

If that's just his list for best player at each position...okay I guess, but I'm assuming it isn't because Hakeem really wasn't ever considered a pf

If I don't really have to be a slave to positions...I think this team would be almost impossible to beat;

PG - West
SG - MJ
SF - Bird
PF - Dirk
C - Russell
Three whites in your all time lineup? Risky

kshutts1
04-07-2014, 06:18 PM

PG - West
SG - MJ
SF - Bird
PF - Dirk
C - Russell

Putting a lot of stress on Russell on D, and how would the other 4 players do off the ball?

There's obviously no perfect mix, and this might be the best lineup I've seen... but still some questions

DMAVS41
04-07-2014, 06:21 PM
Putting a lot of stress on Russell on D, and how would the other 4 players do off the ball?

There's obviously no perfect mix, and this might be the best lineup I've seen... but still some questions

For sure.

What I like though is elite shooting around MJ. Imagine trying to keep Russell/Bird off the glass with Dirk stretching the defense out.

West/MJ/Bird would actually make up a pretty great defensive group...and Russell could pick up Dirk's slack on defense.

Would be a great rebounding team as well.

I just like that mix of guys around my GOAT (jordan)...all of the other 4 are fine without the ball and create some pretty big problems. You couldn't really ever double MJ with that team.

ILLsmak
04-07-2014, 06:21 PM
C - Kareem
PF - Hakeem
SF - Bird
SG - MJ
PG - Magic

What do you think?

Good shit. That makes Reggie one of the only people I've seen (other than myself, of course) to put Hakeem at PF on an all time lineup. Hakeem is the GOAT PF without even ever playing PF, in my mind. His skill set is perfect to play alongside another great C.

the only thing I'd change is I might want more D at the PG position. That team doesn't look like the kind of team you'd want to push it with. Of course, you often wonder if dudes are really building a team or just naming who would be the best. If he was building a team, I'd even take someone like Pippen at the 1. or GP. Just someone that is gonna make life hell for the PG.

-Smak

kamil
04-07-2014, 06:22 PM

They'd know better who shut them down than we would anyway. Most ISH dumbasses go by just the stats.

christian1923
04-07-2014, 06:25 PM
Paul
MJ
Bird
KG
Shaq

T_L_P
04-07-2014, 06:26 PM
Good shit. That makes Reggie one of the only people I've seen (other than myself, of course) to put Hakeem at PF on an all time lineup. Hakeem is the GOAT PF without even ever playing PF, in my mind. His skill set is perfect to play alongside another great C.

the only thing I'd change is I might want more D at the PG position. That team doesn't look like the kind of team you'd want to push it with. Of course, you often wonder if dudes are really building a team or just naming who would be the best. If he was building a team, I'd even take someone like Pippen at the 1. or GP. Just someone that is gonna make life hell for the PG.

-Smak

:biggums:

What's next, Barkley is the GOAT SF, Dirk the GOAT SG?

sd3035
04-07-2014, 06:37 PM
Magic
Jordan
Durant
Hakeem
Shaq

WillC
04-07-2014, 06:51 PM
I'd go

PG - Garry Payton
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - Scottie Pippen
PF - Tim Duncan
C - Wilt Chamberlain

Defense wins championships and there would be no arguing over shooting the rock

Lacks range.

pmj
04-07-2014, 06:55 PM
Not gonna lie, I'd reaaaally love to see a pf/c combo like Shaq/KG against the other greats. They would compliment so well.
Something like:

Magic/Stockton
Jordan
Bird/LeBron
KG
Shaq

LAClipsFan33
04-07-2014, 06:59 PM
Lacks range.

To me a team who can pound you inside and get to the rack while playing awesome D on the other end is much more important than 3 point shooting. There was a lot of great basketball played before the 3 point line.

I'd also like to add that a team who lives and dies by the 3 has NEVER won a title

T_L_P
04-07-2014, 06:59 PM
Not gonna lie, I'd reaaaally love to see a pf/c combo like Shaq/KG against the other greats. They would compliment so well.
Something like:

Magic/Stockton
Jordan
Bird/LeBron
KG
Shaq

'04 KG and '00 Shaq vs. '03 Duncan and '77 Walton would be epic. :bowdown: