PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with Lin?

UK2K
04-05-2014, 02:40 PM
4 games as a starter, Lin is averaging:

12.5 ppg
3.5 apg
2.5 rpg
Shooting 31% from the field, 13 field goal attempts per game...

Is Linsanity just a distant memory now? Or can he learn to play basketball again? Cause if not, he's going to be passed up on the depth chart by Canaan, who put up identical numbers last night in 18 minutes as what Lin did in 38 minutes.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-05-2014, 02:46 PM
sample size you retard.back issues.
and most of all: James Freaking Hogden:coleman:

aj1987
04-05-2014, 02:49 PM
He sucks. Dude is not a good player. Not even close.

Inb4 Marlo_Stanshit has a semi meltdown.

TMac&Luther
04-05-2014, 02:49 PM
There's nothing wrong win Lin (he's still got his health right?).. He just sucks ass is all and is not a starting caliber NBA PG. Nothing new. :confusedshrug:

Marlo_Stanfield
04-05-2014, 02:52 PM
There's nothing wrong win Lin (he's still got his health right?).. He just sucks ass is all and is not a starting caliber NBA PG. Nothing new. :confusedshrug:
how do you explain he has 22/7 on 53 %FG in ten games without harden and 7-3 record with one game being a clear coaching mistake why they lost??
yeah sample size to small right??
but the sample size for a semi-hurt lin who plays along the biggest ballhog in the NBA for 4 games is big enough??:biggums: :coleman:

KungFuJoe
04-05-2014, 02:57 PM
He's dealing with a nagging back. It's not bad like it was in March but apparently it's sore and he gets treatment on it.

I'd say his recent play is part slump and part back issues.

One way to tell when he's hurting is he drives a lot less than normally and gets to the line less as well.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-05-2014, 03:01 PM
He's dealing with a nagging back. It's not bad like it was in March but apparently it's sore and he gets treatment on it.

One way to tell when he's hurting is he drives a lot less than normally and gets to the line less as well.
shh dont interupt the circle jerk of rockets fans hating on their own player:facepalm

UK2K
04-05-2014, 03:07 PM
shh dont interupt the circle jerk of rockets fans hating on their own player:facepalm
If Lin could come in and average 15 and 7 with a steal here and there and shoot 45% from the field, not the 3pt line, just the field, I'd be thrilled.

But I don't see it happening.

TMac&Luther
04-05-2014, 03:09 PM
how do you explain he has 22/7 on 53 %FG in ten games without harden and 7-3 record with one game being a clear coaching mistake why they lost??
yeah sample size to small right??
but the sample size for a semi-hurt lin who plays along the biggest ballhog in the NBA for 4 games is big enough??:biggums: :coleman:

WOW.. :facepalm LOF.

excuses are like assholes.

The guy had a gift wrapped opportunity to claim the starting PG position with Bev out (who was drug over from across the pond to replace Lin) and he can't seize the opportunity.. Nope instead he's splitting minutes with a 2nd round pick rookie called up from the D league.. #realtalk. :rolleyes:

Jeremy Lin sucks ass and is not a starting caliber NBA PG.

FKAri
04-05-2014, 03:21 PM
The injury issues seem like they wont be going away any time soon. He also seems to have lost his confidence. As a player he's good at alot of things but not great at any so it's not like he can limit his role to specializing in anything.

UK2K
04-05-2014, 03:26 PM
The injury issues seem like they wont be going away any time soon. He also seems to have lost his confidence. As a player he's good at alot of things but not great at any so it's not like he can limit his role to specializing in anything.

That's probably more important in basketball than any other sport. If you believe you can do something, you'll find a way.

He looks rattled on the court, but just about the time he's meshing with the starters and becomes accepted by the big time players, BeverD will be back and take his starting job again.

chocolatethunder
04-05-2014, 03:29 PM
It's because he's not that good. He's ok as a bench player in a scoring role. He's just not that good. Live with it and stop making excuses for him. First it was all McHales fault and now it's his nagging back. What will it be next?

PassTheRock
04-05-2014, 03:31 PM
WOW.. :facepalm LOF.

excuses are like assholes.

The guy had a gift wrapped opportunity to claim the starting PG position with Bev out (who was drug over from across the pond to replace Lin) and he can't seize the opportunity.. Nope instead he's splitting minutes with a 2nd round pick rookie called up from the D league.. #realtalk. :rolleyes:

Jeremy Lin sucks ass and is not a starting caliber NBA PG.

This isn't an excuse or anything, but Lin was undrafted, waived several times, and played in the d-league as well. #justsaying

shoops
04-05-2014, 03:36 PM

This. He's been missing a lot of what he normally makes. He's still using the exercise bike when he's out too to prevent his back from acting up.

No shit he's splitting minutes with Canaan, is he supposed to play the full 48 minutes? :sleeping

That's probably more important in basketball than any other sport. If you believe you can do something, you'll find a way.

He looks rattled on the court, but just about the time he's meshing with the starters and becomes accepted by the big time players, BeverD will be back and take his starting job again.
Nah, I don't think he looked rattled in the past few games... he was pretty aggressive in the Nets and Raptors games, played ok outside of bricking some few shots.

TMac&Luther
04-05-2014, 03:40 PM

More excuses.. what's to "mesh"? He started with them last season and has played with them this season.

Let's call it what it is..

He's not living up to his contract and is just not that good. He went on one little tare in NY which is over mediatized/hyped to begin with and spun that 15 minutes of prime time TV towards a contract that he'll never ever live up to. (He's a Asian Matt Maloney) Back issues have NOTHING to do with what is happening now. He's inconsistent as hell even when healthy. He sucks.

mr.big35
04-05-2014, 03:50 PM
he has been discovered now

KungFuJoe
04-05-2014, 04:15 PM

He's actually elite in several areas, which is why he's in the NBA. I mean, let's face it...dude doesn't have a money shot like lilliard and he can't jump out of the gym like westbrook.

He's in the NBA, playing against the best players in the WORLD and in a STACKED pg era. That alone deserves major ****ing props.

And it's not like he's some scrub. Double figure ppg with multiple 30+ point games...c'mon...you gotta admit that's some amazing stuff for a "scrub".

Anyways...as I was saying, Lin has ELITE speed and quickness and he's one of the best at driving to the hole in the entire NBA. Those two alone is why he has succeeded as much as he does.

Unfortunately, and I say this as a HUGE Lin fan, he's relying too much on those two abilities. I'm not gonna say he's a one trick pony because he has shown a lot of versatility...but EVERYTHING he does, right now, depends on his ability to free himself from his man and get to the hoop/line. His 3pt game is just something that compliments his driving game, which is his strength.

But, when his back is hurting, that's going to affect ANYONE. Look at what it did to Howard. Also look at what it did to Harden earlier in the season when he was dealing with nagging injuries. Now, with Harden and Howard...they were elite before injuries...after injuries they were just "good". Lin was just "good" to begin with so with injuries he's gone down to mediocre or average.

He's still young and young guys heal quickly...so I have faith that he'll get past this and be completely healthy soon.

Real Men Wear Green
04-05-2014, 04:33 PM
There's nothing particularly wrong with him if you don't hold him up to the standard of the "Linsanity" Lin. The way he played over that spurt in NY, if he does that for 10 years he's one of the greatest pgs of all time. He was playing a level of basketball we'd expect from someone like Iverson. If you just think of him as an average guard with a little scoring ability 12 ppg and 4apg in 29 minutes on 44% isn't that bad (or that good).

YouGotServed
04-05-2014, 05:34 PM
More excuses.. what's to "mesh"? He started with them last season and has played with them this season.

Let's call it what it is..

He's not living up to his contract and is just not that good. He went on one little tare in NY which is over mediatized/hyped to begin with and spun that 15 minutes of prime time TV towards a contract that he'll never ever live up to. (He's a Asian Matt Maloney) Back issues have NOTHING to do with what is happening now. He's inconsistent as hell even when healthy. He sucks.

Well said. :applause: True Rockets fan right here folks.

Smook A.
04-05-2014, 05:49 PM
Wow man why are you such a big Lin fan?

He's not a good player. Just an average player who was great for a month. If he was so good he wouldn't be shooting 31% from the field! There is no excuse for that... That's just unacceptable. Why do you keep bringing up back issues like its the worst injury? He's not even hurt anymore.

And of course we hate on him. Sometimes we love him but right now we don't like him. Its ok to dislike your own player if he's on a HUGE slump.

bdreason
04-05-2014, 05:49 PM
I've never seen a player dribble into more bad situations than Lin. This guy is the king of picking up his dribble at the wrong time.

KungFuJoe
04-05-2014, 06:05 PM
Wow man why are you such a big Lin fan?

He's not a good player. Just an average player who was great for a month. If he was so good he wouldn't be shooting 31% from the field! There is no excuse for that... That's just unacceptable. Why do you keep bringing up back issues like its the worst injury? He's not even hurt anymore.

And of course we hate on him. Sometimes we love him but right now we don't like him. Its ok to dislike your own player if he's on a HUGE slump.

See...this is why I can't take you seriously even though you seem like a legit Rockets fan.

He's not shooting 31%. He's shooting 44% this year.

The fact that he's had bad slumps and is STILL shooting 44% overall is PROOF that injuries are taking their toll. That means he must have been shooting even BETTER before to maintain that 44%. If he looks inconsistent (great at times, not so great at others) what better reason than injuries?

You want to call a back injury an excuse? You ever play basketball with a back injury? I would LOVE to see you or any other wannabe on this forum play at the same level with nagging injuries.

That's another problem with sofa fans...you guys think these ball players are machines...that injuries don't matter. Bad back? Just get over it! Had knee surgery? Puleeze!

It's like as if getting paid millions of dollars means all of a sudden injuries don't matter.

Smook A.
04-05-2014, 06:13 PM
See...this is why I can't take you seriously even though you seem like a legit Rockets fan.

He's not shooting 31%. He's shooting 44% this year.

The fact that he's had bad slumps and is STILL shooting 44% overall is PROOF that injuries are taking their toll. That means he must have been shooting even BETTER before to maintain that 44%. If he looks inconsistent (great at times, not so great at others) what better reason than injuries?

You want to call a back injury an excuse? You ever play basketball with a back injury? I would LOVE to see you or any other wannabe on this forum play at the same level with nagging injuries.

That's another problem with sofa fans...you guys think these ball players are machines...that injuries don't matter. Bad back? Just get over it! Had knee surgery? Puleeze!

It's like as if getting paid millions of dollars means all of a sudden injuries don't matter.
Dude... im talking about his games as a starter with beverley out these past 4 games. He's been shooting like 33%

He even had a game where he shot 11%.

ABfor3
04-05-2014, 06:45 PM
No offense but I'm assuming all these hardcore Lin fans are Asian and I understand as to why you guys will defend him at all cost..you wanna see an asian make it and be great, I was a fan of Lin when we first acquired him but his back was derailing him at the beginning of this season, it should be almost healed already. He is just not as good as his contract says, he's a backup pg not a starting caliber pg. He sucked last year and now he has his chance to prove himself, he still sucks.

KungFuJoe
04-05-2014, 06:46 PM
Dude... im talking about his games as a starter with beverley out these past 4 games. He's been shooting like 33%

He even had a game where he shot 11%.

What can anyone say? He's shooting badly. I think it's due to his back injury. He had it pretty bad back in early March (3rd, if I remember exactly). Then he healed up. And from what I heard recently, it's back again, though not as bad...it's more "nagging" him.

Is it an excuse? Yes. Are some excuses relevant? Yes.

KungFuJoe
04-05-2014, 06:50 PM
No offense but I'm assuming all these hardcore Lin fans are Asian and I understand as to why you guys will defend him at all cost..you wanna see an asian make it and be great, I was a fan of Lin when we first acquired him but his back was derailing him at the beginning of this season, it should be almost healed already. He is just not as good as his contract says, he's a backup pg not a starting caliber pg. He sucked last year and now he has his chance to prove himself, he still sucks.

I'm half asian but I look mostly white. I don't really associate myself as "asian" if that means anything. I don't even speak another language other than english.

I like Lin because I love a good story, and I like rooting for the underdog. I like Jimmer Fredette, too if it means anything.

And what do you mean he sucked last year?

13/6? Including over 17/7 in the last month?

He hardly sucked...he actually did pretty damn well considering all the factors around him. New team, teammates that never played with each other, adjusting to Harden having the ball all the time. Shorter leash, etc. Not to mention coming off knee surgery.

Lin is most definitely a starting caliber PG. He's definitely on the cusp of top 15 when he's healthy. Just so happens that the NBA is stacked when it comes to PGs.

He ain't no Tebow, that's for sure. Lin belongs in the NBA.

UK2K
04-05-2014, 08:10 PM
He certainly didn't suck last year...

I think if you look at his contract, yeah he kind of sucks. For 8 million per year, Houston could really use that money on a stretch 4 or trade Parsons for a 3rd star using the extra cap space.

I just don't think Lin is a good fit in the Rockets offense. He's not a knockdown shooter, and many times he receives the ball he hasnt positioned himself to shoot off the catch.

Even if Harden throws it to him with two seconds left, as a shooter, you should be able to catch and shoot in two seconds. If Lin could develop his jumpshot to knock down 38-40% of his three's, he'd be a legit threat and a perfect fit.

But last night Harden drove, kicked it to Lin with three seconds on the shot clock, and Lin was near the coach's box 6 feet behind the three point line with his hands by his sides. Parsons doesn't do that. Canaan doesn't do that. Garcia doesn't do that. They set up on the line with their hands up, ready to catch and shoot.

Lin sets up to catch and drive, or doesn't set up at all.

KungFuJoe
04-05-2014, 10:33 PM
He certainly didn't suck last year...

I think if you look at his contract, yeah he kind of sucks. For 8 million per year, Houston could really use that money on a stretch 4 or trade Parsons for a 3rd star using the extra cap space.

I just don't think Lin is a good fit in the Rockets offense. He's not a knockdown shooter, and many times he receives the ball he hasnt positioned himself to shoot off the catch.

Even if Harden throws it to him with two seconds left, as a shooter, you should be able to catch and shoot in two seconds. If Lin could develop his jumpshot to knock down 38-40% of his three's, he'd be a legit threat and a perfect fit.

But last night Harden drove, kicked it to Lin with three seconds on the shot clock, and Lin was near the coach's box 6 feet behind the three point line with his hands by his sides. Parsons doesn't do that. Canaan doesn't do that. Garcia doesn't do that. They set up on the line with their hands up, ready to catch and shoot.

Lin sets up to catch and drive, or doesn't set up at all.

This year, he doesn't fit well...especially with Howard in the post.

Last year, you gotta admit...when Houston was running and gunning, with Lin, Harden, DelTHREEno, PPat and Parsons...my god that was a thing of beauty. Yeah, their defense sucked but holy crap it was like the Nuggets of the 80s all over again.

Railgun
04-05-2014, 10:35 PM
This year, he doesn't fit well...especially with Howard in the post.

Last year, you gotta admit...when Houston was running and gunning, with Lin, Harden, DelTHREEno, PPat and Parsons...my god that was a thing of beauty. Yeah, their defense sucked but holy crap it was like the Nuggets of the 80s all over again.
But that isn't winning basketball games. Not in the playoffs. Lin is not good enough for the offense to be catered to him.

King Jane
04-05-2014, 10:37 PM
http://www.morethings.com/fan/freaks_movie/wedding_feast1932/freaks-daisy_violet_hilton.jpg