PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Beverley's knee does not require surgery. Will be be back this season.

bmd
03-31-2014, 02:00 PM
@WojYahooNBA: After suffering a torn meniscus in right knee, Houston's Patrick Beverley won't need surgery and will return this season, sources tell Y.

quote:
Kevin Bradbury, Pat Beverley's agent: "Beverley will not require surgery in his knee. Will return this season. Week to week."@MarkBermanFOX26

quote:
@Jonathan_Feigan: As he thought, Rockets guard Pat Beverley will not need surgery. Return at least a week away.

quote:
@Sam Amick: I'm assured that Beverley isn't taking a risk by returning this season, told he will be fully healed before coming back. No set timeline yet

http://gifatron.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/RRnhhqW.gif

moe94
03-31-2014, 02:01 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2102825/madruss.gif

STATUTORY
03-31-2014, 02:02 PM
westbrook fans everywhere just collectively shat themselves at the thought of this feral goon attacking westbrook and cheapshotting russell like he's got something to prove.

Mr Exlax
03-31-2014, 02:03 PM
Sweet!!!!!!

WallIn
03-31-2014, 02:03 PM
:roll:

Rocketswin2013
03-31-2014, 02:05 PM
what The **** Did I Say Jackasses.

Ron Artest 2.0.

IncarceratedBob
03-31-2014, 02:05 PM
God damn that sucks, hopefully he reaggravates it and it ends his career:oldlol: jk

Le Shaqtus
03-31-2014, 02:08 PM
God damn that sucks, hopefully he reaggravates it and it ends his career:oldlol: jk

:biggums:

BlackVVaves
03-31-2014, 02:09 PM
Doesn't that mean he is compromising his future health?

Per ESPN:

When dealing with a torn meniscus, there is often an option to repair or remove it. If the damaged cartilage is removed, the player can often return in weeks, but there is a risk of complications in the future. If the tear is repaired, the recovery time is much greater, but fewer long-term risks result. Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick Rose had his meniscus repaired in November and was declared out for the season.

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=10689381&src=desktop

Did he/will he have it removed?

STATUTORY
03-31-2014, 02:10 PM
:facepalm

shameless and classless rockets fans celebrating the return of this menace on hardwood

Per ESPN:

lettuce be reality, he wasn't gonna have much of a future in this league anyways

Mr Exlax
03-31-2014, 02:12 PM
Quick question. For as dirty as PBev is supposed to be, how many players has he actually injured?

moe94
03-31-2014, 02:13 PM
:facepalm

shameless and classless rockets fans celebrating the return of this menace on hardwood

lettuce be reality, he wasn't gonna have much of a future in this league anyways

This dummy talking about class.

Because the epitome of class is entering threads about injured players returning and talking shit about them.

bmd
03-31-2014, 02:14 PM

Per ESPN:

Did he/will he have it removed?Sometimes surgery is not needed. Just rest and it will heal up on it's own. I'm guessing that means it a very minor tear.

Many players have played on a torn meniscus and gotten it repaired after the season and it didn't do any further damage.

STATUTORY
03-31-2014, 02:15 PM
Quick question. For as dirty as PBev is supposed to be, how many players has he actually injured?
:rolleyes: it's not about the result it's about the process. the guy plays recklessly without any regard for player safety. he actively dives for westbrook's knees everytime they match up.

guy is a goon

CelticBaller
03-31-2014, 02:16 PM

Per ESPN:

Good, the sooner we get rid of him the better

ForeverHeat
03-31-2014, 02:16 PM
WOOOOOOOOO

YESSSSSS!!!

Suck on that one haters. Beverley gon go one better and take out Deuxrant this year, just you wait.

bmd
03-31-2014, 02:17 PM
Good, the sooner we get rid of him the better@Sam Amick: I'm assured that Beverley isn't taking a risk by returning this season, told he will be fully healed before coming back. No set timeline yet

BlackVVaves
03-31-2014, 02:24 PM

His recklessness, a player that isn't even top 50 in the league, has compromised the health of a player that is top 7 when healthy. A player that hadn't missed a game of basketball since high school has now missed all of last year's postseason and most of this season.

Cut the shit. If you needed any evidence that Beverly is a verified c untrag, all you need do is watch him perform the same exact move that injured Russ on him when they faced this season.

In any case, his value is overstated. With the exception of Lillard, the elite point guards in the game have routinely dropped 25+ on him, haven't they? I know CP3 did, Westbrook completely embarrassed him from that second quarter on, and I recall hearing/reading other point guards having field days against him.

ForeverHeat
Seriously though the playoffs will be way more exciting if everyone is actually at their best.

Crimsonrain777

Per ESPN:

according to these tweets. it's not getting removed or repaired. there just gonna have it heal on it's own

BlackVVaves
03-31-2014, 02:25 PM
according to these tweets. it's not getting removed or repaired. there just gonna have it heal on it's own

Gotcha, thanks :cheers:

BlackVVaves
03-31-2014, 02:26 PM
It's a minor tear, he won't even have surgery. REMOVING the meniscus completely is the risky route.

No doubt, good for you all then

STATUTORY
03-31-2014, 02:26 PM
His recklessness, a player that isn't even top 50 in the league, has compromised the health of a player that is top 7 when healthy. A player that hadn't missed a game of basketball since high school has now missed all of last year's postseason and most of this season.

Cut the shit. If you needed any evidence that Beverly is a verified c untrag, all you need do is watch him perform the same exact move that injured Russ on him when they faced this season.

In any case, his value is overstated. With the exception of Lillard, the elite point guards in the game have routinely dropped 25+ on him, haven't they? I know CP3 did, Westbrook completely embarrassed him from that second quarter on, and I recall hearing/reading other point guards having field days against him.

that's what makes him such a menace, if he can't stop you on the court, he will stop you from walking for the next 6 to 8 months

Darius
03-31-2014, 02:27 PM
Didn't Bledsoe remove his meniscus to get back faster?

bmd
03-31-2014, 02:27 PM

In any case, his value is overstated. With the exception of Lillard, the elite point guards in the game have routinely dropped 25+ on him, haven't they? I know CP3 did, Westbrook completely embarrassed him from that second quarter on, and I recall hearing/reading other point guards having field days against him.No he didn't. Most of Westbrook's points came when Beverley wasn't in the game. He was in foul trouble the whole game and didn't play much. That's why you said "from the second quarter on"... because it took a quarter for him to rack up the fouls and get taken out of the game. That's when Westbrook started scoring.

You looked at the box score and think you know the whole story.

ForeverHeat
03-31-2014, 02:28 PM

Haha this nikka is so mad. The guy isnt the most skilled but I personally find him very entertaining. I would love to have a player like that on the Heat. OKC vs Houston in the playoffs wouldnt of been the same without Beverley.

DuMa
03-31-2014, 02:34 PM
point god will still shit on HOU regardless. Lin/Bev dont scare no Point God

Milbuck
03-31-2014, 02:37 PM
what The **** Did I Say Jackasses.

Ron Artest 2.0.
http://gifrific.gifrific.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/ron-artest-elbow-harden.gif

HOPEFULLY

BlackVVaves
03-31-2014, 02:39 PM
No he didn't. Most of Westbrook's points came when Beverley wasn't in the game. He was in foul trouble the whole game and didn't play much. That's why you said "from the second quarter on"... because it took a quarter for him to rack up the fouls and get taken out of the game. That's when Westbrook started scoring.

You looked at the box score and think you know the whole story.

I watched the game playboy, go check the game thread.

Westbrook went off for 4 straight possessions in the second, which boosted the Thunder's lead which they maintained until the waning minutes of the 4th, and I want to say 3 of 4 of those possessions were with Beverly guarding him.

And then you had Beverly hacking away as usual and sending Russ to the line for 3 free throws, one sequence which occurred when the Rockets were trying to make a comeback in the 4th.

I said second quarter on because Russ played like shit in the first quarter and had 5 turnovers already, and played great from the second quarter on....like I originally said :oldlol:

CelticBaller
03-31-2014, 02:41 PM
Didn't Bledsoe remove his meniscus to get back faster?
yeah like part of it, I think Brandon roy fully removed his

BlackVVaves
03-31-2014, 02:48 PM
Haha this nikka is so mad. The guy isnt the most skilled but I personally find him very entertaining. I would love to have a player like that on the Heat. OKC vs Houston in the playoffs wouldnt of been the same without Beverley.

Lol, let Joakim Noah injure Bron for the rest of this post-season and you'd be slitting your wrists before you finished reading the injury report :lol

CP3 and Westbrook both have never shot 50% against him in their entire careers.

:lol
And please show me PG'S having a field day on him.

Look it up Big Guy.

Too lazy to, that's why I posed the question.

Does it matter if they shot over 50%? Aren't the Rockets like 1-6 or something against the Clippers since last season?

My point was, I recall reading on sites like Clutchfans how aggravated Rockets fans are that elite point guards seem to still produce against him despite his defensive stopper reputation.

ForeverHeat
03-31-2014, 02:53 PM
Lol, let Joakim Noah injure Bron for the rest of this post-season and you'd be slitting your wrists before you finished reading the injury report :lol

If Noah did a dirty play and injured Lebron I wouldnt be happy. But Beverley is not that dirty of a player, despite what these ISH fools would have you believe. Dude injured Westbrook accidentally and hes been targetted for unfair criticism since then.

BlackVVaves
03-31-2014, 02:58 PM
I just posted the stats above

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=beverpa01&p2=lillada01

There are Lillards. They fail to play up to par against him. And clutchfans posters were probably mad when Paul went off WITHOUT him.

Nah, they were posting before the game in the thread detailing Beverly's injury. Several posters were like (paraphrasing) "Let's stop acting like elite point guards weren't going off on him this season"

derb2k2
03-31-2014, 03:03 PM
APRIL FOOL'S

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

bmd
03-31-2014, 03:21 PM
I watched the game playboy, go check the game thread.

Westbrook went off for 4 straight possessions in the second, which boosted the Thunder's lead which they maintained until the waning minutes of the 4th, and I want to say 3 of 4 of those possessions were with Beverly guarding him.

And then you had Beverly hacking away as usual and sending Russ to the line for 3 free throws, one sequence which occurred when the Rockets were trying to make a comeback in the 4th.

I said second quarter on because Russ played like shit in the first quarter and had 5 turnovers already, and played great from the second quarter on....like I originally said :oldlol:I just went back and watched the 2nd quarter.

5:35, Westbrook posted up on Beverley and Beverley stole the ball.

4:48 Westbrook drove past Beverley and Jones fouled Westbrook. Westbrook made 1 free throw.

4:14 Screen set on Beverley, help defender didn't help and Westbrook got a layup.

3:46 Screen set on Beverley, Westbrook hits a 3.

3:13 Screen set on Beverley, help defender fouls Westbrook. Makes 1 free throw.

2:50 Beverley fouls Westbrook on a 3. Stupid. Westbrook makes 2 free throws.

He scored 9 points in that span, but he wasn't really dominating Beverley. Thunder were setting ball screens on Beverley and the Rockets help defense was either fouling Westbrook or letting him score. Bad help defense.

bmd
03-31-2014, 03:26 PM
My point was, I recall reading on sites like Clutchfans how aggravated Rockets fans are that elite point guards seem to still produce against him despite his defensive stopper reputation.How do you evaluate that? Teams love to set screens on Beverley to give their PG some room. The Rockets' other players often fail to adequately help Beverley when he gets screened, and the PG gets points that way. It's not really on Beverley a lot of the time.

ForeverHeat
03-31-2014, 03:28 PM
Can someone explain to me though why OKC fans are so rustled? If the guy sucks like you say, why you so butthurt that hes returning?

Its like hes the beyblade in this scenario

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/a3Y2g4N_460sa.gif

russwest0
03-31-2014, 03:29 PM
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :banana: :banana: :banana:

now hopefully Houston will meet OKC in the playoffs so Westbrook can shit all over Beverley

zoom17
03-31-2014, 03:45 PM

:oldlol:

KungFuJoe
03-31-2014, 03:54 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

moe94
03-31-2014, 03:57 PM
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/a3Y2g4N_460sa.gif
:roll:

K.Koscik
03-31-2014, 05:06 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=beverpa01&p2=paulch01

Paul vs Beverley

Westbrook vs Beverley
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=beverpa01&p2=westbru01

:lol

God it's good to have him back.

:coleman:

CP3 vs Beverly....... 14/10 on 41/37/81.... .75 win %

and this one's my favorite

Westbrook vs Beverly...

RB: 26/7.5/7 on 41% FG and 44% from 3 with 2.5 steals
Bev: 1/2/2 (rounded up) on 13% FG and 0% from 3 with 2 steals

No wonder beverly takes all those cheap shots

:yaohappy:

All Net
04-01-2014, 05:01 AM
Great news for Rockets..

FaceSmack
04-01-2014, 05:13 AM
I hope rockets make the finals

Just so I could see Beverley taking out Wade or lebron

LakersForlife
04-01-2014, 05:14 AM

would love that. im so tired of their flops

JohnFreeman
04-01-2014, 05:17 AM

Shame on you for wishing injuries upon a sportsman

TheMilkyBarKid
04-01-2014, 07:04 AM
Awesome news! This rockets team is fun, when they're on :banana:

YouGotServed
04-01-2014, 07:08 AM

omg im dying :roll:

All Net
04-01-2014, 07:09 AM
Shame on you for wishing injuries upon a sportsman
Well a lot were about bev when he got hurt originally. They were happy.

mugiwara
04-01-2014, 09:17 AM
Called it.

ABfor3
04-01-2014, 09:30 AM
Well a lot were about bev when he got hurt originally. They were happy.
Exactly

Milbuck
04-01-2014, 09:49 AM
This rockets team is fun, when they're on :banana:
:whatever:

TheMilkyBarKid
04-01-2014, 11:25 AM
:whatever:
I dont know what you've got against the rockets. I've gathered you hate harden, but for me only clippers, heat and thunder have been better viewing all at their best this season.

Keno
04-01-2014, 11:43 AM
didn't rose have the same injury earlier in the season? and he took the year off? lol

Basketbolero
04-01-2014, 11:45 AM
Dude is some kind of Mortal Kmobat boss. Injures people but injuries don't affect him :biggums:
All hail our Based Injury God aka Pat Beverley :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: