PDA

View Full Version : #1 team in the league, SA, will have the most cap space next summer (2015)

GabeIsGone
03-26-2014, 11:48 PM
Best run organization in the league? Undoubtedly.

SportsTrac (http://www.spotrac.com/cap-tracker/nba/2015/)

Spurs only have 8.5 Million on the books.

ProfessorMurder
03-26-2014, 11:53 PM
http://www.ringfingertanline.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/shit.jpg

Go get 'em Spurs. Damn.

AnaheimLakers24
03-26-2014, 11:54 PM
melo!!!

aboss4real24
03-26-2014, 11:56 PM
maybe the'll sign a guy like Richard jefferson again

Best franchise n sports

ABfor3
03-26-2014, 11:57 PM
Spurs are just a great franchise all around, nothin but respect for them

Legends66NBA7
03-26-2014, 11:58 PM
How many big names have signed to play for San Antonio ?

Tycriss
03-27-2014, 12:00 AM
http://sinbapointforward.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/kevin-love-all-star.jpg

TMT
03-27-2014, 12:03 AM
Who wants to team up with Kawhi Leonard and TP for a couple rings? :pimp:

:party: :djparty :party:

no pun intended
03-27-2014, 12:06 AM
And that's with Splitter's terrible contract. But I guess Timmy's paycut makes up for that.

dazzer87
03-27-2014, 12:12 AM
melo!!!
Spurs are about winning.....not signing losers to their team.

DaSeba5
03-27-2014, 12:14 AM
How many more years does their big 3 have together until they retire?

Xsatyr
03-27-2014, 12:16 AM
They are going to need it because their big three are on their last legs.

LAZERUSS
03-27-2014, 12:21 AM
They are going to need it because their big three are on their last legs.

Yeah...Timmy showed that tonight with his 29-13-5 game.

PsychoBe
03-27-2014, 12:24 AM
and they're gonna spend all their cap space signing players like gary neal back, stephen jackson, deshawn stevenson, tylers hansborough, and other undesirables instead of another big name superstar.

TMT
03-27-2014, 12:26 AM
How many more years does their big 3 have together until they retire?

It's looking like Tim and Manu will finish out next season, the last year on both their contracts I believe, and then call it quits.

RedBlackAttack
03-27-2014, 12:52 AM

Best run organization in sports as far as I'm concerned. Truly amazing.

And, look... with all this cap space, there are no rumors of the top tier FAs going there. And, they probably won't even pursue them. That's not how they roll. They'll find the perfect guys to fit their system and spend the next several years beating up on whatever teams get the consensus "best" players in the FA class.

That's how they do.

AngelEyes
03-27-2014, 01:08 AM
Amazing franchise. They're a well oiled machine.

rmt
03-27-2014, 01:54 AM
I don't see why Duncan can't come back at say mid-level exception and Manu at LLE/veteran's minimum. I'm hoping this Austin Daye works out (had a great game vs PHI and Pop loves stretch 4s who can hit 3s). Leonard & Mills need to be paid. If Parker resigns at a reasonable amount, Spurs can keep going and going for another couple years.

Duncan/Splitter/Baynes
Diaw/Daye
Leonard/Bellinelli
Green/Manu
Parker/Mills

Get rid of Ayres and sign Bonner as an assistant coach.

ThePhantomCreep
03-27-2014, 01:54 AM
George W Bush was still president the last time the Spurs won a title. They haven't been "1#" in a while.

Wonder Bread Kid
03-27-2014, 01:57 AM

How many big names have signed to play for Dallas? :rolleyes:

Bosnian Sajo
03-27-2014, 02:01 AM

The Spurs have made a name for themselves in just this past decade, before then they had 0 championships. People see how well this team is now and the Spurs organization have proved time and time again that it is not just a fluke, they are one of the top franchises in the league. Don't you realize that before they didn't have a good reputation, so it was hard to bring in players. Now they can show any FA how successful the past 15 years have been for them, proof that they are the real deal. I don't have any numbers in front of me, but how many times did the Spurs have this kind of cap space since winning their 4th ring? Usually, they gave the big 3 most of the cap and spent the rest on good role players/rookies. Now unless they give out big extensions before the offseason, this will be their first real chance to sit down with superstars and ask them if they want to play for a franchise with 4 titles in the past 15 seasons, coached by Popovich along side the great Timmy D, and they could STILL resign most of their players because of bird rights. Not to mention no state income tax in Texas to make it even easier to bring players in, 2015 will be a very interesting summer for the San Antonio Spurs.

no pun intended
03-27-2014, 02:21 AM
Am I the only one who really thinks San Antonio will sign Pau Gasol this offseason?

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMQ35_rCUAEkX5g.jpg:large

Bosnian Sajo
03-27-2014, 02:51 AM
Am I the only one who really thinks San Antonio will sign Pau Gasol this offseason?

Would be a great great fantastic fit for sure :applause: Would suck to see Pau go, but I don't really see him staying :(

GabeIsGone
03-27-2014, 03:09 AM
The Spurs have made a name for themselves in just this past decade, before then they had 0 championships. People see how well this team is now and the Spurs organization have proved time and time again that it is not just a fluke, they are one of the top franchises in the league. Don't you realize that before they didn't have a good reputation, so it was hard to bring in players. Now they can show any FA how successful the past 15 years have been for them, proof that they are the real deal. I don't have any numbers in front of me, but how many times did the Spurs have this kind of cap space since winning their 4th ring? Usually, they gave the big 3 most of the cap and spent the rest on good role players/rookies. Now unless they give out big extensions before the offseason, this will be their first real chance to sit down with superstars and ask them if they want to play for a franchise with 4 titles in the past 15 seasons, coached by Popovich along side the great Timmy D, and they could STILL resign most of their players because of bird rights. Not to mention no state income tax in Texas to make it even easier to bring players in, 2015 will be a very interesting summer for the San Antonio Spurs.
Good point. While the Spurs have been good for forever, they weren't elite till Duncan/Robinson. Perception of them has really changed.

no pun intended
03-27-2014, 03:27 AM
Would be a great great fantastic fit for sure :applause: Would suck to see Pau go, but I don't really see him staying :(
Yeah I see no chance of him staying the Lakers unfortunately. But hopefully they let him go to a first-class organization like the Spurs because he deserves it.

Bodhi
03-27-2014, 05:17 AM
I hate to break up the Spurs circle jerk but what makes them so amazing again? They haven't won a championship in 7 years because of their ultra conservative style that everyone celebrates

Never make waves, never go after a big name, and lose to a team with a superstar in the playoffs. Rinse, repeat

Random_Guy
03-27-2014, 05:22 AM
I hate to break up the Spurs circle jerk but what makes them so amazing again? They haven't won a championship in 7 years because of their ultra conservative style that everyone celebrates

Never make waves, never go after a big name, and lose to a team with a superstar in the playoffs. Rinse, repeat
not a spurs fan but only four teams have won the championship in the last 7 years, and the spurs were literally 30 seconds away from winning it again last year.
With all the teams tanking and some teams spending 100+ mil to be swept in the first round, I'd say the spurs are pretty amazing.

R.I.P.
03-27-2014, 07:20 AM

Obviously a complete and utter lie. Duncan has a 10 Mil player option, Parker

QuebecBaller
03-27-2014, 07:29 AM
They should sign Greg Monroe. 1 or 2 years playing with Duncan will be great for him and it will give San Antonio their big man for the futur

D-FENS
03-27-2014, 09:38 AM
Best thing hey can do is tamper with Embiid and get him to stay in college for 4 years, stink for a year after Timmy leaves and then draft him (hopefully).
Have Admiral and Timmy coach him up!

BOOM!

Ok, reality. Go after Pau this year.
Guess what, Marc Gasol is a free agent the following year.

Timmy retires, bring in Marc Gasol. They could also offer Klay Thompson bog deal if they can re-sign Kawhi cheaply.

Hopefully the could have a core of:
CT: Marc Gasol/ Splitter
PF: Pau Gasol/
SF: Kawhi Leonard
SG: Klay Thompson
PG: Tony Parker/ Patty Mills

+whatever international studs they draft

SpecialQue
03-27-2014, 10:21 AM

As much as I want Pau on the Lakers, he's just not being used properly OR respected on this team anymore, and if he goes anywhere, I'd love for him to sign with either the Spurs or Grizzlies.

ralph_i_el
03-27-2014, 11:25 AM
and they're gonna spend all their cap space signing players like gary neal back, stephen jackson, deshawn stevenson, tylers hansborough, and other undesirables instead of another big name superstar.

and then keep winning games...

big names=/=won games

TMT
03-27-2014, 11:31 AM
Problem is not a lot of people actually want to live in San Antonio. It's probably the least appealing out of the three Texas NBA cities.

Carbine
03-27-2014, 11:38 AM
This is two off-seasons from now.

Duncan & Manu will be retired and Parker will be in decline (age 33/34 season)

SCdac
03-27-2014, 12:04 PM

All the more reason to go big and make a splash.

Personally, I'd love to see Greg Monroe in a Spurs uni

davehos
03-27-2014, 12:10 PM
Problem is not a lot of people actually want to live in San Antonio. It's probably the least appealing out of the three Texas NBA cities.

If there is one thing people love ... it's money. No state income tax is a big reason to play for a TX (or FL) team.

Basketbolero
03-27-2014, 12:15 PM

I hope it happens, such a great fit. Pau would extend his career too after spending the last 2 years running around the court like a beheaded chicken :lol

Bosnian Sajo
03-27-2014, 01:12 PM

1 offseason from now, summer of 2015.

Carbine
03-27-2014, 01:35 PM
Their is this off-season coming up and then the off-season after that.

We will have two new championships to hand out before the Spurs have that cap space.

GabeIsGone
03-27-2014, 03:00 PM
Their is this off-season coming up and then the off-season after that.

We will have two new championships to hand out before the Spurs have that cap space.
That's the one we're talking about. Next year in 2015.

BuffaloBill
03-27-2014, 04:24 PM
Hey Marc. You wanna come to San Antonio and win some rings like your big brother? :pimp:

bring in Dragic too.

WallIn
03-27-2014, 04:27 PM
Tim Duncan, unlike Kobe, made a GOAT decision :applause: