PDA

View Full Version : Spurs can't beat Thunder if that's the WCF finals match up.

Connor B
03-25-2014, 01:02 AM
Thunder are built to beat that team, and have the firepower to do so.

Tycriss
03-25-2014, 01:11 AM
No Harden, no problem

russwest0
03-25-2014, 01:12 AM
I'd tend to agree but don't underestimate Gregg Popovich vs Scott Brooks.

Also one of the few matchups for OKC where Perkins has value, guarding Duncan.

JohnMax
03-25-2014, 01:13 AM
Kawhi Leonard is the only athlete who can run with the Spurs

Mr. Incredible
03-25-2014, 01:14 AM
Yes they can.

poido123
03-25-2014, 01:16 AM
Oh yes they can.

Leonard is a better defender in his 3rd year(important role on Durant).

Pretty sure Leonard was a rookie during that series?

But there are so many variables to look at, both team have different players and rosters to last time they played.

moe94
03-25-2014, 01:17 AM

I would hope so or he'd be a bad teammate.

poido123
03-25-2014, 01:23 AM
I would hope so or he'd be a bad teammate.

Leonard's been runnin' round with OKC players?

That's news to me :lol

imdaman99
03-25-2014, 02:32 AM
Wouldn't count Pop out of a series.

D.J.
03-25-2014, 02:34 AM
As long as Gregg Popovich is coach, the Spurs can beat anyone. And whatever advantage OKC does have, Popovich vs Brooks almost negates it. The Spurs coaching edge is absurd.

JimmyMcAdocious
03-25-2014, 02:36 AM
Spurs have a secret weapon.

http://dimemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Patty-Mills.jpg
(lol patty you goon.)

ThePhantomCreep
03-25-2014, 02:38 AM
As long as Gregg Popovich is coach, the Spurs can beat anyone. And whatever advantage OKC does have, Popovich vs Brooks almost negates it. The Spurs coaching edge is absurd.

Popovich isn't unbeatable (see: numerous playoffs series where the Spurs were favored and they lost). That would include 2012.

D.J.
03-25-2014, 02:46 AM
Popovich isn't unbeatable (see: numerous playoffs series where the Spurs were favored and they lost). That would include 2012.

Ok? Pops has a team with 38 year old Duncan, 32 year old Parker, Ginobili playing just 23 MPG, Kawhi Leonard, Marco Belinelli, Boris Diaw, and Tiago Splitter that will win 60 games if they go .500 from here on out. Anyone else coaches this team and the Spurs are done after '08 or '09.

Milbuck
03-25-2014, 02:57 AM
Dude, what the hell is your problem with the Spurs? You have made thread after thread after thread putting them down, and not just this year either.

I'm going to put make this shit known once and for all, because it really is just absurd how much you seem to hate one of the most likable organizations in all of sports.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299721

"Can we stop pretending the Spurs are contenders?" - that gem of a thread was made in May of last year, shortly before the Spurs were ONE SHOT away from a championship.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318982

"Bitching about how others don't enjoy watching the Spurs is maybe the single most pretentious thing you could do as a hoops fan." - you basically call the Spurs incredibly boring, and insult anyone who disagrees with that.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=326950

"Explain to me how the Spurs can beat OKC in a 7-game series." - another gem, essentially the same thread as this one.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=329130

"Spurs here are so overrated." - No explanation needed, just more of your bullshit.

What exactly is your deal? Did Gregg Popovich poop on your car or something?

Big#50
03-25-2014, 03:26 AM
As long as Manu plays good and the refs call it early, then The Spurs will beat them.
We all know Durant will average 12/14 freebies a night.

Artillery
03-25-2014, 03:45 AM
As long as Manu plays good and the refs call it early, then The Spurs will beat them.
We all know Durant will average 12/14 freebies a night.

If the refs called it fairly, SA would have been in the Finals in 2012. And they wouldn't have been embarrassed in five games like the Thunder too.

All Net
03-25-2014, 04:00 AM
Yes they can, they have a great great team

I just expect OKC to pull through though but spurs having hca helps their chances.

dabigbaws
03-25-2014, 04:04 AM
okc will have beat the spurs 8-0 this season if they meet up in the WCF

Anaximandro1
03-25-2014, 08:50 AM
The Spurs have a chance.

That said, Heat/OKC are the favorites to win the title.

Star power is more important than teamwork in May and June, and they have Lebron/Durant.

Ok? Pops has a team with 38 year old Duncan, 32 year old Parker, Ginobili playing just 23 MPG, Kawhi Leonard, Marco Belinelli, Boris Diaw, and Tiago Splitter that will win 60 games if they go .500 from here on out. Anyone else coaches this team and the Spurs are done after '08 or '09.
You've got to be kidding.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Rpzf1sw6oOY/UzFoubv_g0I/AAAAAAAACsI/fWACDazlLZY/s1600/6.jpg

Pop has a strong core of players at his disposal. They provide leadership, experience, high basketball IQ and win-first, team-first attitudes.

It's really easy to play with Duncan/Parker/Manu. They are going to keep moving the ball until they find holes in your defensive rotations. They create easy baskets. They are old, but they are still too much for the average NBA team.

CelticBaller
03-25-2014, 09:02 AM
The spurs can't stop okc, thought we all knew this

dr.hee
03-25-2014, 09:04 AM

What?

Im Still Ballin
03-25-2014, 09:06 AM
When the going gets tough for OKC, just wait for the refs to apply the hand of God and rig the series. Naturally Spurs>OKC but superstars like durskinny get that GOAT treatment.

Although i wouldn't be suprised if K.Leonard locks up KD

D.J.
03-25-2014, 04:33 PM
Pop has a strong core of players at his disposal. They provide leadership, experience, high basketball IQ and win-first, team-first attitudes.

It's really easy to play with Duncan/Parker/Manu. They are going to keep moving the ball until they find holes in your defensive rotations. They create easy baskets. They are old, but they are still too much for the average NBA team.

And that proves my point that their success is because of elite coaching. Pops did the same thing back in '03 when after Duncan was 2nd year Parker, rookie Ginobili, Stephen Jackson, Speedy Claxton, Malik Rose. Certainly not cream of the crop players, but they all knew their roles. That's Pops' greatest strength. He takes very average players, gets the most out of them, and tells them what their role is and how they need to go about it.

T_L_P
03-25-2014, 04:36 PM
And that proves my point that their success is because of elite coaching. Pops did the same thing back in '03 when after Duncan was 2nd year Parker, rookie Ginobili, Stephen Jackson, Speedy Claxton, Malik Rose. Certainly not cream of the crop players, but they all knew their roles. That's Pops' greatest strength. He takes very average players, gets the most out of them, and tells them what their role is and how they need to go about it.

You have to give Duncan the most credit in '03. I watched every single game of the Spurs' '03 Playoff run and guys like Parker and Manu didn't look nearly as good as Marco or Patty have this season. Duncan was just that dominant.

Other than that I completely agree :cheers:

inclinerator
03-25-2014, 04:42 PM
spurs krytonite are the thunder

D.J.
03-25-2014, 05:00 PM
You have to give Duncan the most credit in '03. I watched every single game of the Spurs' '03 Playoff run and guys like Parker and Manu didn't look nearly as good as Marco or Patty have this season. Duncan was just that dominant.

Other than that I completely agree :cheers:

Duncan was just on another level that year. There were times that year where he looked like peak Shaq out there. He had games of 29/23/5/4, 35/21/8/4/2, 24/15/10/2, 38/16/9/4. Then in the playoffs, he had games of 34/24/6/6/2, 21/20/7/4, 32/20/7/6/3, 21/20/10/8.

TMT
03-25-2014, 05:21 PM
Yeah, our track record with OKC isn't good at all. We probably have the worse matchups with them than any other team in the league. In 2012 Ibaka looked like Dirk Nowitzki the way he shot the ball against us; leaving him open as the gameplan was set up did not work at all. Everyone knows Harden is a Spur killer, he still is with Houston, but Westbrook and Durant are just as dominant against the Spurs without him.

Westbrook is the typical kind of freakish athlete with a combination of quickness that really proves to be the only kryptonite the Spurs have these days. And when it comes to Durant, let's face it, no one in the league can stop the kid. If you ask Kawhi Leonard he would probably rather guard Lebron James 10 out of 10 times. Even with his superior defensive skills as compared to two years ago, he still has trouble keeping up with Durant.

Not sure what the defensive gameplan for the Spurs would be pending this matchup, but right now I'd have to say that the Thunder would prevail. I still have them as my Western Conference champion this season unless the Spurs can somehow avoid them.

Rocketswin2013
03-25-2014, 05:46 PM
Yeah, our track record with OKC isn't good at all. We probably have the worse matchups with them than any other team in the league. In 2012 Ibaka looked like Dirk Nowitzki the way he shot the ball against us; leaving him open as the gameplan was set up did not work at all. Everyone knows Harden is a Spur killer, he still is with Houston, but Westbrook and Durant are just as dominant against the Spurs without him.

Westbrook is the typical kind of freakish athlete with a combination of quickness that really proves to be the only kryptonite the Spurs have these days. And when it comes to Durant, let's face it, no one in the league can stop the kid. If you ask Kawhi Leonard he would probably rather guard Lebron James 10 out of 10 times. Even with his superior defensive skills as compared to two years ago, he still has trouble keeping up with Durant.

Not sure what the defensive gameplan for the Spurs would be pending this matchup, but right now I'd have to say that the Thunder would prevail. I still have them as my Western Conference champion this season unless the Spurs can somehow avoid them. Westchuck actually helps the Spurs win. I just watched that series like last week. What killed the Spurs was Harden playing like a superstar and Ibaka, Perkins and Collison having an amazing series. It took ALOT for OKC to win that. I don't think OKC has enough besides Westbrook and Durant to win again.

SilkkTheShocker
03-25-2014, 05:48 PM
Who cares? Neither of them are beating Miami. Have fun fighting for 2nd place :oldlol:

red1
03-25-2014, 05:51 PM
Who cares? Neither of them are beating Miami. Have fun fighting for 2nd place :oldlol:
lebron is second to durant. looks like the tables have turned huh?

SilkkTheShocker
03-25-2014, 05:54 PM
lebron is second to durant. looks like the tables have turned huh?

You're trying to hard. You will always be a 3rd rate poster desperately trying to hop on my nuts. It ain't happening, son.

red1
03-25-2014, 05:55 PM
You're trying to hard. You will always be a 3rd rate poster desperately trying to hop on my nuts. It ain't happening, son.
why cant you address the issue? if anyone tries too hard its you

red1
03-25-2014, 05:55 PM
where were you at all those games miami lost?

RagaZ
03-25-2014, 09:02 PM
where were you at all those games miami lost?
Thats the thing with him

It was the same after the 2011 Finals. He just disappeared.

nosfan773
03-26-2014, 01:19 AM
All I can ask is that we get a fair shake, unlike Game 6 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjxFgXse5oo

Upgrayedd
03-26-2014, 01:21 AM
This Spurs team is going back to the finals. They're better than they were last season and the season before that. And they don't even really need to rely on Tim Duncan and Ginobili so much. That's what's so scary about this Spurs team. Poppovich has got pretty much the entire roster playing well. Anyone on the Spurs on any night could have a break out game.

I'm going with Spurs vs. Miami in the finals with the Spurs winning this time. Duncan will get his 5th ring.

russwest0
03-26-2014, 01:24 AM
whiny bullshit

Hey Silkk, what happened to LeFlop turning on the switch after the ASB and running away with the MVP?

:lol :lol :lol

Go back to being dissapeared little bitch

RagaZ
06-01-2014, 12:55 AM
OK.