PDA

View Full Version : Finalized: Olympics/FIBA World Cup Qualification WILL Take Place During NBA Season

Euroleague
03-16-2014, 06:46 PM
http://www.eurohoops.net/2014/03/dribbling/44588

http://www.eurohoops.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Extraordinary-World-Congress.jpg

New status gives more power to FIBA

FIBA officially announced that the new general statutes were approved by the extraordinary world congress which was held this weekend in Istanbul. To be exact, according to Eurohoops sources, 198 votes were in favor of the changes, and there was also a white vote.

However, the most interesting part is what those changes mean. The new general statutes empower FIBA to take global decisions, which will be accepted by the regional zone federations without the ability to be denied, like happened with the negative decision of FIBA Europe for a four year EuroBasket competition cycle. Also, the world federation is firm on scheduling national team qualification games during winter and spring – an idea opposed by the NBA and Euroleague – according to the calender approved last November in Buenos Aires, by the FIBA central board.

Greek federation president George Vassilakopoulos, who is also the former president of FIBA Europe, was the head of the committee which created the new general statutes. The new status quo also means that FIBA is trying to impose to FIBA Europe a four year EuroBasket cycle.

It’s also a given that the next FIBA World Cup will be held in 2019, five years after Spain 2014, in order to avoid coinciding in the same year with FIFA World Cup. That makes things even more complex, since under the current FIBA Europe competition structure, 2019 was a EuroBasket year. On the contrary, according to the new FIBA calender, after EuroBasket 2017, the next FIBA Europe tournament will be held in 2021.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

and confirmed by FIBA --->

http://fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/news/presRele/p/newsid/72299/presReleArti.html

The NBA and NBA only fans kept saying that, "this will never ever happen".......well, IT JUST DID OFFICIALLY HAPPEN.

niko
03-16-2014, 06:55 PM
[QUOTE=Euroleague]http://www.eurohoops.net/2014/03/dribbling/44588

http://www.eurohoops.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Extraordinary-World-Congress.jpg

FIBA officially announced that the new general statutes were approved by the extraordinary world congress which was held this weekend in Istanbul. To be exact, according to Eurohoops sources, 198 votes were in favor of the changes, and there was also a white vote.

However, the most interesting part is what those changes mean. The new general statutes empower FIBA to take global decisions, which will be accepted by the regional zone federations without the ability to be denied, like happened with the negative decision of FIBA Europe for a four year EuroBasket competition cycle. Also, the world federation is firm on scheduling national team qualification games during winter and spring

Bandito
03-16-2014, 06:57 PM
Why would they do that during the Euroleague and NBA seasons though? It doesn't make sense.

Inferno
03-16-2014, 06:57 PM
If you can find me ONE post saying that ill send you $5 right now (by carrier pigeon, whatever goes to arkansas).

:lol :lol

Rooster
03-16-2014, 06:59 PM
[QUOTE=Euroleague]http://www.eurohoops.net/2014/03/dribbling/44588

However, the most interesting part is what those changes mean. The new general statutes empower FIBA to take global decisions, which will be accepted by the regional zone federations without the ability to be denied, like happened with the negative decision of FIBA Europe for a four year EuroBasket competition cycle. Also, the world federation is firm on scheduling national team qualification games during winter and spring

Random_Guy
03-16-2014, 07:04 PM
If you can find me ONE post saying that ill send you $5 right now (by carrier pigeon, whatever goes to arkansas).
dat ether :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
i hope knick make the playoffs:applause:

jzek
03-16-2014, 07:04 PM
This will never ever happen.

Reported and one-starred.

Euroleague
03-16-2014, 08:36 PM
Why would they do that during the Euroleague and NBA seasons though? It doesn't make sense.

The NBA has too much power in the sport and has basically been controlling and deciding everything, even over FIBA and the Olympics committee and everything.

They don't want it that way anymore. FIBA wants the power and the NBA to just be a big league and nothing more. Just how it is in football.

Which is how it should be. It never should have gotten to where it is now to how the NBA is basically controlling world basketball.

The NBA and Euroleague may not like it, but they will have to deal with it, just like football leagues and clubs have to deal with it.

outbreak
03-16-2014, 08:51 PM
The NBA has too much power in the sport and has basically been controlling and deciding everything, even over FIBA and the Olympics committee and everything.

They don't want it that way anymore. FIBA wants the power and the NBA to just be a big league and nothing more. Just how it is in football.

Which is how it should be. It never should have gotten to where it is now to how the NBA is basically controlling world basketball.

The NBA and Euroleague may not like it, but they will have to deal with it, just like football leagues and clubs have to deal with it.

It's nothing like football. I agree the power should be spread more equally but in football you have numerous leagues that are the same quality and pay similar rates. The NBA has far higher salaries and way more exposure world wide than the european basketball leagues do. I know some players in europe make a killing but they don't come close to the bloated contracts in the NBA and the marketing/media opportunities there.

Also the only posts I remember about this were people here saying the NBA won't change it's season to accommodate this, i don't remember anyone saying FIBA wouldn't do this.

Euroleague
03-16-2014, 10:09 PM
It's nothing like football. I agree the power should be spread more equally but in football you have numerous leagues that are the same quality and pay similar rates. The NBA has far higher salaries and way more exposure world wide than the european basketball leagues do. I know some players in europe make a killing but they don't come close to the bloated contracts in the NBA and the marketing/media opportunities there.

Also the only posts I remember about this were people here saying the NBA won't change it's season to accommodate this, i don't remember anyone saying FIBA wouldn't do this.

Nothing you posted there makes any sense at all. First of all, salaries don't determine the quality of a league. The NBA has guaranteed contracts and everyone that knows even basic knowledge about sports, knows that any league that has guaranteed contracts has a generally lower level of quality.

Secondly, you mentioned the leagues of football in Europe, referencing salary and then said it's nothing like basketball..........what in the world are you talking about?

The big clubs in European football pay way more money than anywhere else does in salaries in football. The difference is just the same from a big European football club to some few big football clubs in Brazil, as it is in some NBA club to some big Euroleague club, if even that much of a difference.

So nothing you said there even made any sense.

Burgz V2
03-16-2014, 10:16 PM
do they show the games in Arkansas?

Milbuck
03-16-2014, 10:17 PM
Nothing you posted there makes any sense at all. First of all salaries don't determine the quality of a league. The NBA has guaranteed contracts and everyone that knows even basic knowledge about sports knows that any league that has guaranteed contracts has a generally lower level of quality.

Secondly, you mentioned the leagues of football in Europe, referencing salary and then said it's nothing like basketball..........what in the world are you talking about?

The big clubs in European football pay way more money than anywhere else does in salaries in football. The difference is just the same from a big European football club to some few big football clubs in Brazil, as it is in some NBA club to some big Euroleague club, if even that much of a difference even.

So nothing you said there even made any sense.
:oldlol: This is such a load of horseshit. A guaranteed contract goes to someone who, under normal circumstances, has the ability to stay with the pros. A 10-day, or any other non-guaranteed contract goes to someone with unproven/lacking talent and with major question marks. Your logic is borderline retarded.

The NBA is just a flat out better basketball league than Euroleague. Pros vs amateurs.

Euroleague
03-16-2014, 10:19 PM
:oldlol: This is such a load of horseshit. A guaranteed contract goes to someone who, under normal circumstances, has the ability to stay with the pros. A 10-day, or any other non-guaranteed contract goes to someone with unproven/lacking talent and with major question marks. Your logic is borderline retarded.

The NBA is just a flat out better basketball league than Euroleague. Pros vs amateurs.

The resident racist troll joins in. Piss off.

Black and White
03-16-2014, 10:22 PM

Butthurt as usual that you got called out on your bs again?

MP.Trey
03-16-2014, 10:22 PM
Links? :bowdown:

Smook A.
03-16-2014, 10:24 PM
Yo wheres the link

Milbuck
03-16-2014, 10:30 PM
As usual, Euroleague has absolutely no legitimate rebuttal. Buck 1 Eurofag 0

Euroleague
03-17-2014, 12:58 AM
As usual, Euroleague has absolutely no legitimate rebuttal. Buck 1 Eurofag 0

It must just drive you crazy how the Greek federation and coach said playing on the Bucks does not count for anything, since it's such a low level, much lower than Euroleague..............

Yao Ming's Foot
03-17-2014, 01:06 AM
Nothing you posted there makes any sense at all. First of all, salaries don't determine the quality of a league. The NBA has guaranteed contracts and everyone that knows even basic knowledge about sports, knows that any league that has guaranteed contracts has a generally lower level of quality.

Yeah man why would the most talented players in the world want to play in league for the most money and guaranteed contracts? I'm sure they would rather play for peanuts and with no financial security in case of injury. You would make a very good sports agent.

:biggums:

Rooster
03-17-2014, 01:19 AM
It must just drive you crazy how the Greek federation and coach said playing on the Bucks does not count for anything, since it's such a low level, much lower than Euroleague..............

Greek Parliament has to bend over:banana:

And grant Giannis a citizen:facepalm

That's the future of Greek Basketball:bowdown:

First Greek to average over 4ppg in NBA:applause:

That Nigerian is a stud:bowdown:

Milbuck
03-17-2014, 01:24 AM
Wait a second...the Greek federation and coach complimented the EUROleague and dissed the overseas NBA?

What a ****ing revelation. Never would've expected that shit!

You delusional little clown :oldlol:

Euroleague
03-17-2014, 01:25 AM
Yeah man why would the most talented players in the world want to play in league for the most money and guaranteed contracts? I'm sure they would rather play for peanuts and with no financial security in case of injury. You would make a very good sports agent.

:biggums:

Yeah, I mean like why would the NFL even exist?

Yao Ming's Foot
03-17-2014, 01:51 AM
Yeah, I mean like why would the NFL even exist?

Does their exist a football league in your delusional world that offers more guaranteed money to football players than the NFL? :biggums:

Why did you bother to double down on your stupidity?

BlazerRed
03-17-2014, 02:13 AM
Do you have a source for that? Of course not.

Euroleague
03-17-2014, 02:31 PM
Does their exist a football league in your delusional world that offers more guaranteed money to football players than the NFL? :biggums:

Why did you bother to double down on your stupidity?

Another racist a-hole.

niko
03-17-2014, 03:40 PM
Another topic by Euromoron proving a point that no one ever asked about, denied, or even cared about at any point ever. :applause:

LeGOAT
03-17-2014, 03:50 PM
Another racist a-hole.
Do you just call every one who clowns you a racist?

Euroleague
03-18-2014, 08:48 PM
Do you just call every one who clowns you a racist?

I call everyone that is clearly a racist, a racist.

Derka
03-18-2014, 08:54 PM

It absolutely drives you crazy that no one gives a far-flung shit what the Greeks say on the subject of basketball.

Milbuck
03-18-2014, 09:10 PM
I call everyone that is clearly a racist, a racist.
I NEVER see you call yourself racist. Yet you continually call Peja Greek, Calathes and Koufos Greek...where are your racist accusations towards YOURSELF? If you consider calling people races of which they are not "racist", then I expect some accusations towards yourself.

Euroleague
03-18-2014, 09:34 PM
I NEVER see you call yourself racist. Yet you continually call Peja Greek, Calathes and Koufos Greek...where are your racist accusations towards YOURSELF? If you consider calling people races of which they are not "racist", then I expect some accusations towards yourself.

**** off you racist POS.

outbreak
03-18-2014, 10:15 PM

i also called him out for calling another ethnic poster a "hook nose" which he ignored.