PDA

View Full Version : When did the rivalry between Pierce and Bron started?

Haymaker
03-16-2014, 10:08 AM
and why so much animosity between them?

inclinerator
03-16-2014, 10:10 AM
when bron put up a 40 point triple double and pierce put up 50

Real Men Wear Green
03-16-2014, 10:22 AM
Way back in 2004. They were talking trash (I don't know who said what) and Pierce lost his cool, spitting at the Cavs' bench. Since then they've had a number of playoff series, in fact I'm pretty sure both guys have ended each other's season more than any other opponent. At the end of James' tenure in Cleveland there were signs of mutual respect, but since the Heat switch there has been more hate injected.

Budadiiii
03-16-2014, 10:27 AM
I would take prime Pierce over prime LeBron any day of the week.

They're like opposites. One is extremely skilled and doesn't rely on athleticism. Mentally strong and loves pressure. Big time competitor.

The other relies on athleticism, not very skilled, and a mental midget. Has no competitive spirit.

Give me Pierce. I love Paul. Such a gamer.

LeBron is not a competitive guy. Hate his ass.

Im so nba'd out
03-16-2014, 10:28 AM

They're like opposites. One is extremely skilled and doesn't rely on athleticism. Mentally strong and loves pressure. Big time competitor.

The other relies on athleticism, not very skilled, and a mental midget. Has no competitive spirit.

http://whatistheexcel.com/wooobooru/_images/6426896ba9023334c745424f3bf54a09/13143%20-%20Battleground%20autoplay_gif%20botch%20bray_wyat t%20gif%20referee%20wwe.gif
you fail at trolling

lpublic_enemyl
03-16-2014, 10:29 AM

:facepalm face it lebron>>>>>pierce

Real Men Wear Green
03-16-2014, 10:30 AM
Of course Pierce relied on athleticism. That's such a myth. He is skilled but if athleticism was unimportant he'd be averaging 25. And if James was really so unskilled he'd be Ben Wallace.

Budadiiii
03-16-2014, 10:32 AM
:facepalm face it lebron>>>>>pierce
When did I say otherwise? :facepalm

I would personally rather have Piere on my team than LeBron.

LeBron is a chump of a competitor. I hate people like him. Just relies on his natural gifts and struggles with performance anxiety. ****ing annoying as hell. Just play! Dude is such a ****ing wimp.

I<3NBA
03-16-2014, 10:33 AM
both have ended each other's playoff runs more than twice. and both feel if it wasn't for the other, they would have won more championships. so yeah, you can imagine how they might not like each other.

Budadiiii
03-16-2014, 10:33 AM
Of course Pierce relied on athleticism. That's such a myth. He is skilled but if athleticism was unimportant he'd be averaging 25. And if James was really so unskilled he'd be Ben Wallace.
We're not being literal.

Pierce is very athletic but he didn't rely on fast break dunks his whole career. He's a great half court player, is loyal, and an awesome competitor. Opposite of LeBron.

Keno
03-16-2014, 10:38 AM
back in his cavs days. with that being said, both are better than durant.

Basketbolero
03-16-2014, 10:43 AM
Back in Cleveland, Blames probably tried to join Pierce but he told him to GTFO

MP.Trey
03-16-2014, 10:47 AM
Back in Cleveland, Blames probably tried to join Pierce but he told him to GTFO
lol you gon act like Pierce wasn't part of a super team first? Pierce probably gave him the idea. :oldlol:

http://www.bostonsbettah.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Big-three.jpg

Basketbolero
03-16-2014, 10:50 AM
lol you gon act like Pierce wasn't part of a super team first? Pierce probably gave him the idea. :oldlol:

Shut up, if people are asking this I assume they have no knowledge of what was going on in the league pre 2010.

Real Men Wear Green
03-16-2014, 10:52 AM
lol you gon act like Pierce wasn't part of a super team first? Pierce probably gave him the idea.
The Heat were probably influenced by the Celtics but your post completely ignores the fact that Pierce went nowhere as a free agent. That's not how the Celtics were formed. In Miami, three stars decided to team up. Here in Boston they were put together by trades from the GM. Ray Allen had no say and KG had to be convinced to accept being dealt, had at first rejected coming to Boston. I don't view it as making the Celtics more honorable but it is definitely a difference. What would be similar would be if in his mid-twenties Pierce tried to join Kobe in LA.

CelticBaller
03-16-2014, 10:58 AM

Yes because the Celtics big 3 was formed through collusion and tampering :oldlol:

Quickening
03-16-2014, 11:06 AM
Yes because the Celtics big 3 was formed through collusion and tampering :oldlol:
Slave labour? They were forced to join and create s big 3... I feel so sorry for them, boo hoo:lol

MP.Trey
03-16-2014, 11:07 AM
The Heat were probably influenced by the Celtics but your post completely ignores the fact that Pierce went nowhere as a free agent. That's not how the Celtics were formed. In Miami, three stars decided to team up. Here in Boston they were put together by trades from the GM. Ray Allen had no say and KG had to be convinced to accept being dealt, had at first rejected coming to Boston. I don't view it as making the Celtics more honorable but it is definitely a difference. What would be similar would be if in his mid-twenties Pierce tried to join Kobe in LA.
That's all I meant. One hyperbole deserves another.

VIntageNOvel
03-16-2014, 11:32 AM
http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2008/06/06/va1237312210745/Boston-Celtics-Paul-Pierce-6080583.jpg

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/120620042806-nba-finals-game-iv-11-horizontal-gallery.jpg

:applause:

MichaelCorleone
03-16-2014, 11:41 AM
When Pierce colluded with a top 3 all time PF and a top 10 all time SG in their prime.

CelticBaller
03-16-2014, 11:48 AM
When Pierce colluded with a top 3 all time PF and a top 10 all time SG in their prime.
How someone who own a firm doesn't know what the word colluding means :confusedshrug:

MichaelCorleone
03-16-2014, 11:49 AM
How someone who own a firm doesn't know what the word colluding means :confusedshrug:
Here's a picture of the Boston collusion:

http://sportsofboston.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/111309_pierce_garnett_allen.jpg

Budadiiii
03-16-2014, 11:51 AM
Weak trolling on his part. Dude is a scrub.

He's online all day, everyday? Everytime I come on here the dude is posting away with no regard for human life.

Just a coincidence? One of those people you only notice because he posts so ****ing much, in every ****ing thread. :facepalm

salwan
03-16-2014, 12:03 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
he's a 13y old kid spending all day on ISH in his basement. dont get fooled

aj1987
03-16-2014, 09:35 PM

Because just like your idol KD, you're a loser.