PDA

View Full Version : Most attractive free agent cities...

UK2K
03-09-2014, 03:23 AM
If you are a star free agent, current state of the roster aside, where do you play?

I feel like NYC would be my #1 choice. Being a celeb in the Big Apple would be ridiculous.

Smook A.
03-09-2014, 03:25 AM
Either New York or LA

JohnFreeman
03-09-2014, 03:31 AM
Mia, Ny, La

TMac&Luther
03-09-2014, 03:41 AM
Why the hell would NY or LA (unless it's the clippers) be your #1 choice?.. At least if you really want to win a ring and don't want to be F'd in the A in taxes or in chances to win in your second contract and beyond where there's so much better options out there?

Looking at the last 2 big FAs who thought this... One was already left (after one year) for greener pastors, the other is leaving as soon as he's free to run. (as in as soon as he see's his FA wooden rabbit take off)

Then when you throw in the god awful amount of tax money a FA has to play by playing in these ridiculously governed states/cities, there's much more attractive spots out there.... Which provide much better opportunities to actually win while keeping a LOT MORE of the cash on the contract they signed.

NY and LA are complete train wrecks right now.

Quickening
03-09-2014, 07:03 AM
Why the hell would NY or LA (unless it's the clippers) be your #1 choice?.. At least if you really want to win a ring and don't want to be F'd in the A in taxes or in chances to win in your second contract and beyond where there's so much better options out there?

Looking at the last 2 big FAs who thought this... One was already left (after one year) for greener pastors, the other is leaving as soon as he's free to run. (as in as soon as he see's his FA wooden rabbit take off)

Then when you throw in the god awful amount of tax money a FA has to play by playing in these ridiculously governed states/cities, there's much more attractive spots out there.... Which provide much better opportunities to actually win while keeping a LOT MORE of the cash on the contract they signed.

NY and LA are complete train wrecks right now.

The OP said rosters aside... obviously not many players would want to join the Lakers with an ego and contract likes Kobes crippling the franchise.

hahaitme
03-09-2014, 07:11 AM
Mia, Ny, La

Pretty much this, but I'd add in SF. Seems like it would be a nice play to live.

SexSymbol
03-09-2014, 07:16 AM
La/mia/ny/bos

Akrazotile
03-09-2014, 07:38 AM
Florida or Texas, Im an anti tax guy.

Swaggin916
03-09-2014, 07:46 AM
LA for sure. If you have money and don't have to commute much... that is hands down the best place to be.

ImKobe
03-09-2014, 07:53 AM
LA in terms of the city, but if I was a marquee FA like Melo, I wouldn't trust D'Antoni or Jimbo, having Kobe there is a big plus in attracting most players, but the incompetent FO + all the shady injuries are a concern right now.

Miami & Indiana are attractive as well, both have great teams & good FO's with Miami having Riley & Indy having Bird. Every role player wants to play with Lebron & Wade.

Nash
03-09-2014, 08:29 AM
Ny
Mia
La

Embers
03-09-2014, 08:36 AM
If I was a FA this year id want to go to Phoenix

Big money available to play on a team with a bright future. The chance to be the star in a decentish market I feel.

Dragic
Bledsoe
Melo
Morris
Plumlee

Green
Frye
Morris
Smith
Len

Title contender?

PsychoBe
03-09-2014, 08:38 AM
usually big cities with warmer weather (nobody likes the cold)

so l.a. miami san antonio, west coast cities are more attractive than east coast cities in general. because again, warmer weather.

HylianNightmare
03-09-2014, 08:43 AM
Florida or Texas, Im an anti tax guy.
:rockon:

Dr Hawk
03-09-2014, 08:47 AM
LA is the most attractive city. Winner franchise, good weather, big market.... it has it all.

After LA, mayyyyyyyyybe NY, but you know....the Knicks...

trabash
03-09-2014, 08:55 AM
New York, Los Angeles, Texas and Florida.

Least attractive Canada, for tax purposes.

kamil
03-09-2014, 09:06 AM
New York, Los Angeles, Texas and Florida.

Least attractive Canada, for tax purposes.

Forget the tax.... try the weather.