PDA

View Full Version : Western Conference Playoffs are going to be insane.

Upgrayedd
03-08-2014, 02:54 AM
Forget the East. I mean I'll watch the Bulls and then if it's the Pacers vs. Heat in the conference finals.

But every series out West in every round should be crazy good. Spurs, Thunder, Clippers, Warriors, Rockets, Suns, Blazers, Mavericks or Grizzlies.

ABfor3
03-08-2014, 02:56 AM
Forget the East. I mean I'll watch the Bulls and then if it's the Pacers vs. Heat in the conference finals.

But every series out West in every round should be crazy good. Spurs, Thunder, Clippers, Warriors, Rockets, Suns.
Well besides the Rockets of course, I'm really looking forward to see if the Suns pull an upset

Amar'e_Juwanna
03-08-2014, 03:41 AM

But every series out West in every round should be crazy good. Spurs, Thunder, Clippers, Warriors, Rockets, Suns, Blazers, Mavericks or Grizzlies.

couldnt agree more. It's going to be nuts. So excited! so much potential for upsets. I hope we get a good mix of uptempo teams vs methodical teams. Each team has such a strong identity, and the conference has been so good that so many of them are really coming into their own with a lot to prove: strong teams in GS, Houston, Blazers vs the elite Spurs Thunder and Clips, with the upstart Suns (watch out!!) and the veteran Mavs/Grizz. Must-Watch NBA.

of course, its all at the expense of a ****ing failure of an eastern conference.

YouGotServed
03-08-2014, 03:45 AM
lol @ Clippers being elite.

Amar'e_Juwanna
03-08-2014, 03:54 AM

ok yea i guess "deep" is more accurate. They haven't proved anything, I just think Rivers is capable of coaching that team into a strong half court offense, and the athleticism is obviously there to make the most of all turnovers. Tough team.

T_L_P
03-08-2014, 04:48 AM
I'm really interested to see how the Clippers turn out.

In my opinion they are the antithesis of the Playoffs because of the pace their stars want to play at...but they do have Doc Rivers coaching.

JohnMax
03-08-2014, 04:53 AM
if Griffin was good jumpshooter, he'd easily be best player in the NBA. Defenders are so terrified of him driving that he could easily catch them off guard with the jumper.

All Net
03-08-2014, 05:15 AM
What makes them not?

YouGotServed
03-08-2014, 05:34 AM
What makes them not?

The fact that they're not even a top 3 team in their conference record wise. I agree they're deep but not elite.

Milbuck
03-08-2014, 05:34 AM
if Griffin was good jumpshooter, he'd easily be best player in the NBA. Defenders are so terrified of him driving that he could easily catch them off guard with the jumper.
He is not nearly good enough defensively to be the best player.

b0bab0i
03-08-2014, 05:43 AM
His jumpshot has improved vastly this year.

ImKobe
03-08-2014, 05:49 AM
His jumpshot has improved vastly this year.

This. Currently shooting 36% on jump shots, which is not elite by any standards, but it's progress. Also shooting 40% from 16 ft & beyond. Last year he was a 33% jump shooter & 34% beyond 16 ft.

bdreason
03-08-2014, 06:03 AM
It's all going to come down to matchups. I would personally like to avoid the Rockets and Thunder in the first round.

The top 2 seeds out West certainly won't have a first round BYE like the Pacers or Heat out East. You could see a team like the Grizzlies or Warriors in the 7th or 8th spot, and depending on the matchup, that could spell upset.

All Net
03-08-2014, 06:04 AM
The fact that they're not even a top 3 team in their conference record wise. I agree they're deep but not elite.
Considering they have been hit with injures all year shows how good they are. Not having paul for 6 weeks, redick, even Griffin for a few and now Crawford.. Make no mistake they are a top 3 team When healthy.

They are elite, but so are thunder and spurs.

bdreason
03-08-2014, 06:05 AM
I have the Clippers in the same class as the Spurs and Thunder right now.

Thunder
Spurs
Clippers

Rockets
Blazers
Warriors

Grizzlies
Suns
Mavericks

Doctor Jay
03-08-2014, 06:08 AM

Thunder
Spurs
Clippers

Rockets
Blazers
Warriors

Grizzlies
Suns
Mavericks

you got it wrong...

Thunder/Spurs

Clippers/Warriors/Rockets/Blazers

Mavericks/Suns

Memphis will not make the playoffs this year, if the suns can keep their pace until the end of the regular season

BoutPractice
03-08-2014, 06:11 AM
They almost always are. WC playoffs are why you watch the game, the rest is preparation.

Doctor Jay
03-08-2014, 06:17 AM
in the early 2000s there were a lot of exciting east games, while shaq and kobe tore up the rest of the west til the conference finals.

Miller time in Indy, the Allen lead bucks, AI3 and Philly, Vince/Tracy in Toronto, Spree/Ewing/Houston for the knicks, hardaway with alonzo in miami, etc.

:facepalm

ImKobe
03-08-2014, 06:17 AM
The Playoff format is so stupid though. We have so many great/entertaining teams in the West that are 1st round exits due to the stacked Conference, meanwhile in the East you'll have the Rose-less Bulls & probably the Raptors in the 2nd round.

dabigbaws
03-08-2014, 06:58 AM
no one is beating OKC in the west

RoseCity07
03-08-2014, 07:00 AM

Thunder
Spurs
Clippers

Rockets
Blazers
Warriors

Grizzlies
Suns
Mavericks

F*ck no. Clippers are in that middle 4. Blake Griffin is having his good stretch now which Aldridge and Love have already had. That doesn't make them elite because he had a good month when Paul was out.

qrich
03-08-2014, 07:46 AM

Yes, because a half a game out of the third seed is huge, & I suppose the Rockets & Raptors are elite according to your reasoning of elite :rolleyes:

R.I.P.
03-08-2014, 07:59 AM
In the West it

BoutPractice
03-08-2014, 08:01 AM
in the early 2000s there were a lot of exciting east games, while shaq and kobe tore up the rest of the west til the conference finals.

Miller time in Indy, the Allen lead bucks, AI3 and Philly, Vince/Tracy in Toronto, Spree/Ewing/Houston for the knicks, hardaway with alonzo in miami, etc.

:facepalm
Even in the Shaq era the historic WCF series like the Blazers, the Kings made it worth it... And post 2002 the advantage has been in the West in terms of excitement (though you always have that one series like in 2009).

Dr Hawk
03-08-2014, 09:02 AM
Thunders vs Spurs vs Rockets vs Clippers --> 4 best of the West

Dallas vs Portland vs Warriors vs Grizzlies --> Second unit

Marlo_Stanfield
03-08-2014, 09:04 AM
give me some of that good crack u use to smoke.

Marlo_Stanfield
03-08-2014, 09:04 AM
They almost always are. WC playoffs are why you watch the game, the rest is preparation.
easpecially last year right:facepalm