PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant nails Jaric in face, suspended 1 game

konex
03-07-2007, 11:44 AM
First few pages of this thread are discussing the incident, and then around page 3 the news broke that kobe was suspended 1 game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAYHEXIjzEY

AIR_ball_Jordan
03-07-2007, 11:48 AM
none, cuz Jaric isn't a star as Ginobili

Twoston Rockets
03-07-2007, 01:04 PM
kobe was lying his ass off when he said he didnt intentionally try to hurt manu. i hope he gets 3-5 games.

hitmanyr2k
03-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Kobe doing the exact same flailing shot to the face of 2 different players in such a short time span is ridiculous. The first one could have been argued as not intentional but this time it raises a bit of suspicion. He also gave Dirk a black eye with the same move last year. If he didn't learn his lesson the first time I say give him at least a 2-3 game suspension this time.

boozehound
03-07-2007, 01:13 PM
havent seen the Jaric footage, but cmon hes a star :hammerhead:
they should be allowed to do that.

ESPN has a poll on the front page about this. interestingly, ~45% think he shoul dget 4 or more, 25% 0, and the rext split up. As usual, Kobe is very polarizing.

saKf
03-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Jaric had a really good game last night.

glidedrxlr22
03-07-2007, 01:42 PM
I don't like Kobe at all. I think he's an egomaniac. Let's just say for the sake of argument that he doesn't hit these guys intentionally.....he should still be suspended because someone has to say to him...."You might not mean it, but you have this dangerous habit of swinging your arms out and hitting people. It has to stop."

AIR_ball_Jordan
03-07-2007, 01:44 PM
havent seen the Jaric footage, but cmon hes a star :hammerhead:
Not as much as Ginobili is.. especially when Stern wanna sell NBA imagine to other countries.

boozehound
03-07-2007, 01:47 PM
Not as much as Ginobili is.. especially when Stern wanna sell NBA imagine to other countries.
I meant kobes the star. I can see how my structure doesnt convey that. If Shaq wants to bowl people over on his way to the hoop, so be it (at least back in the day). If kobe wants to smack you for blocking his off balance terribel shot, he should be allowed to. "Do you have any idea how many jersey's I've sold?"

AIR_ball_Jordan
03-07-2007, 01:50 PM
I meant kobes the star. I can see how my structure doesnt convey that. If Shaq wants to bowl people over on his way to the hoop, so be it (at least back in the day). If kobe wants to smack you for blocking his off balance terribel shot, he should be allowed to. "Do you have any idea how many jersey's I've sold?"

:roll: :roll: :roll:
My bad. I read it wrong then.
But I seriously don't expect any penality from the league..
even I do agree that Kobe should be suspened.
Just think about his history: Mike Miller, Raja Bell, Ginobili, and now Jaric

Brunch@Five
03-07-2007, 01:53 PM
well, seeing that he has repeatedly done it, everything less than 3 games should surprise me.

shok
03-07-2007, 02:03 PM
I saw the game and it appeared like the same strike he had on Ginobili. He should get a game for the league to be consistent. But you have to admit, there are harder fouls than this, intentional or not, everyday in an NBA game that doesn't warrant a suspension.

rezznor
03-07-2007, 02:10 PM
anyone have footage?

GOBB
03-07-2007, 02:15 PM
He shouldnt have got a game for the Manu hit and he shouldnt get a game or more for this hit. How many times has Mutombo been suspended for the amount of KO's and opened wounds he left opponents with? What? You forgot about him? Typical. How many games did Bruce Bowen get for injuring players as he steps under them after they shoot. What all you have to say is Bowen is a dirty player? Wow.

I love how people are so dramatic when it comes to Kobe.

rezznor
03-07-2007, 02:17 PM
didnt see the game but im assuming if it was intentional, then a suspension is warranted. if thy cant prove intention, then kobe should be ok. GOBB makes good points with deke and bowen.

number23
03-07-2007, 02:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAYHEXIjzEY

DreamRockets
03-07-2007, 02:36 PM
i don't think he should be suspended, but i do think he will get one game.

Knoe Itawl
03-07-2007, 02:44 PM
context here :D by your logic the mailman should of been permamnently banned when he elbowed david robinson and put him to sleep.

Yeah, I think Malone should have been punished a lot more than he was for his dirty play. So that's a poor example.

goldgrill4me
03-07-2007, 02:48 PM
it was obviously intentional and there is precedent for star players being suspended for blatant elbows to the face.......just ask karl malone.

insidehoops
03-07-2007, 03:44 PM
The ranting, personal insults and crap (and reasonable responses to it) was deleted.

Just have a normal, intelligent discussion about the incident.

Indian guy
03-07-2007, 03:48 PM
This one looks even more obvious than the Ginobili hit. I don't know what goes through Kobe's mind when he's pulling this off. It's not only poor sportsmanship but dangerous too. An elbow to the face ****ing hurts! I wouldn't be surprised if the league now suspends him for multiple games since he's a repeat offender.

number23
03-07-2007, 03:53 PM
He should get suspended for that being the equivalent of a flop down the lane. He does that crap to look like he got fouled. I HATE FLOPPING.

Rasheed1
03-07-2007, 03:55 PM
Im obviously not a Kobe fan, but this is getting out of control...

he hit Jaric in the face.... :confusedshrug: so what?

It seems like its some kind of reflex Kobe has to push off when his shot is contested to that degree....but the suspension talk is ridiculous

Offensive foul = Yes
Suspension = Hell no

NBA cant afford to be this soft with the calls

FPower
03-07-2007, 04:02 PM
I don't like Kobe, but somehow this just doesn't bother me much. So he's gotten caught hitting guys in the face out of frustration...that **** happens all the time. It's a physical game, and tempers flare occasionally. Sneaky elbows and shoves are pretty common.

Dick Biggly
03-07-2007, 04:08 PM
i don't think he is intentionally trying to nail people. If he gets suspended again hopefully it'll get Kobe out of the habit of flailing his arms around to try and draw calls when he gets stripped/blocked.

RedBlackAttack
03-07-2007, 04:08 PM
I don't like Kobe, but somehow this just doesn't bother me much. So he's gotten caught hitting guys in the face out of frustration...that **** happens all the time. It's a physical game, and tempers flare occasionally. Sneaky elbows and shoves are pretty common.
I don't know. Cracking someone in the face with an elbow out of frustration does not happen all the time, I don't think. Otherwise, you would see guys on the floor in a heap a lot more often.

I wasn't so sure after seeing the first one if it was accidental or not. This one looked a lot worse to me. Kobe deserves to get suspended.

saKf
03-07-2007, 04:09 PM
This is really what we argue about now?

Please God, let the NBA give us something to have a real debate about.

RedBlackAttack
03-07-2007, 04:12 PM
Kobe is suspended for one game:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2790534

PMshooter
03-07-2007, 04:15 PM
I'm pretty sure Kobe flails his arms like that to draw a foul, not so as to intentionally hit a guy in the face. You know, because drawing the foul actually gives him some kind of advantage, where hitting the guy in the face does nothing for him.

The problem is that when he flails like that, sometimes they get hit. It's worth a T and a fine for sure, but to think that could get you suspended for a game for that is silly.

RedBlackAttack
03-07-2007, 04:17 PM
I'm pretty sure Kobe flails his arms like that to draw a foul, not so as to intentionally hit a guy in the face. You know, because drawing the foul actually gives him some kind of advantage, where hitting the guy in the face does nothing for him.

The problem is that when he flails like that, sometimes they get hit. It's worth a T and a fine for sure, but to think that could get you suspended for a game for that is silly.
Reggie Miller was the biggest 'arm flailer' ever. I don't remember him ever elbowing someone in the face. It is obvious that Kobe needs to work on his flailing. He isn't very good at it.

GOBB
03-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Kobe is suspended for one game:

Pathetic. The league is a joke.

http://www.laconscience.com/IMG/jpg/mutombo.jpg-"I'm happy my elbows havent got me in trouble."

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20050425/bowen_84715.jpg-"Someone has to take the fall for our actions Deke. Why not Kobe?:oldlol:

http://www.laconscience.com/IMG/jpg/mutombo.jpg-":roll: "

PMshooter
03-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Reggie Miller was the biggest 'arm flailer' ever. I don't remember him ever elbowing someone in the face. It is obvious that Kobe needs to work on his flailing. He isn't very good at it.

I wish he'd just stop it and go for the damn rebound, or get back on D. They ain't gonna call on a fading jumper from 25 feet, even if you DID get touched on the elbow.

saKf
03-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Excellent points, GOBB.

The league needs some consistency on this crap.

saKf
03-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Maybe the league doesn't suspend Mutombo because they're afraid that, if he gives an interview with his thoughts on the suspension, all the knives that he's had in his throat for the last 15 years will come flying out and cut people.

The guy sounds like he had a steaknife omelet for breakfast.

RedBlackAttack
03-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Mutombo is an equal opportunity elbower. He takes out his own players as well as opponents.

Kobe elbows only seem to happen when he gets his shot blocked in crucial situations.

GOBB
03-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Does anyone know why the leagues golden child is on the floor in aganozing pain?

http://www.newsday.com/media/photo/2005-01/15742523.jpg

Mutombo is an equal opportunity elbower. He takes out his own players as well as opponents.

Kobe elbows only seem to happen when he gets his shot blocked in crucial situations.

See your boy in the above photo.

And i recall Stu saying he was gonna warn Bruce Bowen about the way he defended a player shooting a jumper and let him know he has to adjust/change his actions. Soon after he said that a couple weeks go by and BOOM, Bruce strikes again. No action. I guess no one sent Stu the videotape.

Whatever. :violin:

RedBlackAttack
03-07-2007, 04:26 PM
Does anyone know why the leagues golden child is on the floor in aganozing pain?

http://www.newsday.com/media/photo/2005-01/15742523.jpg

See your boy in the above photo.

And i recall Stu saying he was gonna warn Bruce Bowen about the way he defended a player shooting a jumper and let him know he has to adjust/change his actions. Soon after he said that a couple weeks go by and BOOM, Bruce strikes again. No action. I guess no one sent Stu the videotape.

Whatever. :violin:
I believe the next time they played each other, he knocked TMac out of the game.

GOBB
03-07-2007, 04:29 PM
I believe the next time they played each other, he knocked TMac out of the game.

Oh so since he evened the odds then his suspension is witheld. Makes a ton of sense. :ohwell:

XxNeXuSxX
03-07-2007, 04:31 PM
That's pretty lame he gets suspended, although it was clear he did it intentionally.

Rasheed1
03-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Why is Kobe bowing only caucasions? Hmmmmmm...

C-O-N-spricacy

Laker Logic
03-07-2007, 04:37 PM
As has been said, I can see them calling a tech or an offensive foul (since they're clearly ignoring the defensive contact on these plays).

A suspension seems a little overboard - he's clearly throwing his arm to draw contact, but both times this has happened Kobe's obviously focused on the basket, not aiming at the defenders face.

Anyway, since this is how they're going to call it apparently, he'll just have to adjust.

Yet more evidence of the refs coddling Kobe....:rolleyes:

Real Men Wear Green
03-07-2007, 04:40 PM
Refs didn't issue the suspension, the league did.

Does any other player have two seperate suspensions this season?

shadow
03-07-2007, 04:42 PM
this is BS. Other players do much worse and don't get suspended. Didn't Bron do something shortly after Kobe's first suspension?

Anyway if you watch laker gams with any regularity you'll know he does this a lot. It's almost a habit to the point of becoming a reflex for him. If the league wants him to stop they should just tell him to adjust with a warning as opposed to suspending the guy.

hitmanyr2k
03-07-2007, 04:46 PM
[quote]Yet more evidence of the refs coddling Kobe....:rolleyes:

No, this is evidence of the refs coddling Kobe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saVxJWeVcVU

Wasn't even touched. He's made a habit of this and now he's starting to injure players. I'm all for the league trying to clean this crap up. It's ridiculous. He should have gotten 3 games for stupidity alone.

Laker Logic
03-07-2007, 04:47 PM
[QUOTE=Real Men Wear Green]Refs didn't issue the suspension, the league did.QUOTE]

True, but it's the refs making a judgment call that draws the league's attention. Two judgment calls really, one to ignore the defensive contact and another to whistle Kobe for the offensive. If there's a no-call on the play, highly doubtful he gets suspended.

RedBlackAttack
03-07-2007, 04:47 PM
this is BS. Other players do much worse and don't get suspended. Didn't Bron do something shortly after Kobe's first suspension?

:confusedshrug:

I don't remember anything. Bron doesn't flail his arms like that... especially on a fadeaway. It would be different if Kobe was driving to the basket where more contact tends to occur. He draws so much attention to it by doing it on outside shots.

I don't feel sorry for the guy. Whether you agree with the suspension or not, it should have been clear to Kobe after the first one that the league isn't going to put up with it. This one is just stupidity on Kobe's part. The league didn't really have any other choice but to suspend him.

Just play the game and quit trying to show that there is contact when there isn't any.

qrich
03-07-2007, 04:48 PM

Wasn't even touched. He's made a habit of this and now he's starting to injure players. I'm all for the league trying to clean this crap up. It's ridiculous. He should have gotten 3 games for stupidity alone.

Thank you, I was searching for that video for a while. Suspension is worthy, it's the second time he's done it already

hotsizzle
03-07-2007, 04:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxjWWPu__xE

Lebron isnt even close to the ball. Its an above the head play...if you suspend Kobe's, you suspend that...

shok
03-07-2007, 04:50 PM
This might be good for Kobe, considering Michael Redd will be waiting for him :D

On a serious note, I think the suspension is warranted, but as I previously mentioned, there is far worse going on in the league than Kobe's arm flail, and I think we can all agree to that.

Go Lakers :)

Laker Logic
03-07-2007, 04:51 PM
[QUOTE=Laker Logic]

I'm glad you posted that, because it's a perfect example of what hes TRYING to do, which is draw a foul and which is what a shooter should do. He's uses the exact same fling of the arm on this play to draw the foul.

Why is is when Wade throws himself into defenders people say "He's just taking advantage of the rules," but when Kobe tries to draw fouls it's treated like evidence he's out to hurt someone?

RedBlackAttack
03-07-2007, 04:53 PM

Lebron isnt even close to the ball. Its an above the head play...if you suspend Kobe's, you suspend that...
Judgement call. If you slow it down enough, it does look malicious, but watching the game in real time, it was obvious that he was just attempting to poke the ball away.

I would not have cried if they would have suspended him over this, though I don't think it was warranted at all. One thing I can assure you of... if they would have suspended him, he wouldn't have done the exact same thing a couple of months later.

This is becoming a trend with Kobe. It is the same exact situation as the first one, which makes it look even less like a coincidence.

hotsizzle
No suspension:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0nIHCR--Bg

XxNeXuSxX
[QUOTE=Laker Logic]

That's the worst call I've ever seen, but it's Kobe near the end of the game. :rolleyes:

hitmanyr2k
03-07-2007, 04:54 PM
[QUOTE=hitmanyr2k]

I'm glad you posted that, because it's a perfect example of what hes TRYING to do, which is draw a foul and which is what a shooter should do. He's uses the exact same fling of the arm on this play to draw the foul.

Why is is when Wade throws himself into defenders people say "He's just taking advantage of the rules," but when Kobe tries to draw fouls it's treated like evidence he's out to hurt someone?

Wade doesn't throw his body into players and have a mid-air seizure. He actually tries to make the shot after receiving the contact or initiating the contact. Kobe is just out to get a cheap whistle and the way he snaps his arm is not normal. Who else in the league snaps their arm back like that? :oldlol:

Rasheed1
03-07-2007, 04:55 PM

Wade attacks the hoop more than Kobe... Kobe is flailing around out on the perimeter trying get his shots up..

Attacking the rack is "taking advantage of the rules".... Fadeaways from 20 feet are not gonna get you a call..

He really should adjust himself to stop all the flailing....Or better yet, attack the hoop more

hotsizzle
03-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Judgement call. If you slow it down enough, it does look malicious, but watching the game in real time, it was obvious that he was just attempting to poke the ball away.

I would not have cried if they would have suspended him over this, though I don't think it was warranted at all. One thing I can assure you of... if they would have suspended him, he wouldn't have done the exact same thing a couple of months later.

This is becoming a trend with Kobe. It is the same exact situation as the first one, which makes it look even less like a coincidence.

haha It makes it seem more and more as a coincidence. WHY would he do it again intentionally when he knows the league is watching him? Its natural to him, he flails his arms. 1) I doubt he goes "Ok, Im gonna hurt you now" in that time span and 2) He wouldn't do it again if it was intentional

Real Men Wear Green
03-07-2007, 04:56 PM

http://www.tektonics.org/parody/crybaby.jpg

Vendetta
03-07-2007, 04:57 PM

Even if it's what he's trying to do (draw a foul) it's not what he should do. I don't know where you got the idea that flopping (which is exactly what that is) is the proper thing to do, but you're mistaken. It's basically trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the refs. Another way to word it is... well... cheating. There's no room for that kind of crap on the defensive end, nor the offensive end. It's disgusting to watch.

Only Wade knob gobblers defend the way he plays & goes to the line. Are you in denial? Most of this board hates the way Wade goes to the FT line all game long and gets phantom calls.

****ing irrational Kobe fan... still haven't changed a bit. You're no better than the Wade fans.

Laker Logic
03-07-2007, 04:59 PM
Wade doesn't throw his body into players

I think Dirk would disagree.

and have a mid-air seizure. He actually tries to make the shot after receiving the contact or initiating the contact.

So you don't think Kobe was trying to make those shots? That's funny since he's flailing the arm after the shot's already off, while Wade will jump into players and then throw the ball up over his shoulder frequently. And guess what, I don't have a problem with it. If you can draw a foul you should. My problem is with the way people interpret two players doing the same thing...exaggerating or trying to draw contact to get a foul called where there wasn't one.

Kobe is just out to get a cheap whistle and the way he snaps his arm is not normal. Who else in the league snaps their arm back like that? :oldlol:

Kobe does a lot of things that other players in the league don't do, and I guess this is as good a place as any for you to insert the obvious rape joke. It has to come sooner or later, might as well be now.

PleezeBelieve
03-07-2007, 05:02 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:, and people wonder why no one likes Kobe or his delusional fans. Damn, these dudes everything this guy does. :confusedshrug:

Vendetta
03-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Before you even respond, let me stop myself. Your name is Laker Logic. That in itself has always said enough about the way you... or the way you don't, more accurately, think. I should be drug out into the street and shot for even bothering.

Laker Logic
03-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Wade attacks the hoop more than Kobe... Kobe is flailing around out on the perimeter trying get his shots up..

Kobe attacks the rim plenty. Not play-for-play with Wade, but he has a harder time drawing fouls going to the rim sometimes than he does from the perimeter. He's also a better outside shooter than Wade, so it's no surprise he shoots from outside more.

Attacking the rack is "taking advantage of the rules".... Fadeaways from 20 feet are not gonna get you a call..

It got him a call on the clip somebody just posted from the Utah game. Next theory, please.

He really should adjust himself to stop all the flailing....Or better yet, attack the hoop more

I said in my first post in this thread that he's going to have to adjust, and I'm sure he will. Not the end of the world.

SCREWstonRockets
03-07-2007, 05:05 PM
This was obvious. Why the hell did they just throw his arms back for no reason? Funny how right when he did that, he was free to grab the ball.

hotsizzle
03-07-2007, 05:06 PM
This was obvious. Why the hell did they just throw his arms back for no reason? Funny how right when he did that, he was free to grab the ball.

No reason?

Its called to draw a foul.

Laker Logic
03-07-2007, 05:09 PM
Before you even respond, let me stop myself. Your name is Laker Logic. That in itself has always said enough about the way you... or the way you don't, more accurately, think. I should be drug out into the street and shot for even bothering.

...and your name is Shogon Ramen or something nonsensical...isn't it? And you cut your hair with a cereal bowl and are a virgin at 30 aren't you? What does that say about your reasoning ability oh wise one?

You're telling me that an offensive player, with the choice between a 2 point play and a possible three point play, should not try to draw a foul if they can? Okay Einstein. Reggie Miller, Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and every other Hall of Famer should be yanked from the Hall tomorrow for drawing fouls where none happened then, because that doesn't fit your little naive picture of how the game is played.

Idiot.

Real Men Wear Green
03-07-2007, 05:10 PM
http://static.flickr.com/73/194406014_c3a51e559f.jpg
"Why didn't we think of that?"

glidedrxlr22
03-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Don't know if it's been posterd yet, but Kobe has received a one game suspension to be served tonight versus the Bucks. I got this from AM xtra sports 570 here in Southern Cali.

L.Kizzle
03-07-2007, 05:16 PM
I'm not the biggest Kobe fan in the world, but I don't think he should have been suspended.

goldgrill4me
03-07-2007, 05:17 PM
kobe fans should be happy, hes only suspended for one game big deal. usually when you get suspended for something and then do the same thing three weeks later you get an increase in your previous punishment.

Spike Spiegel
03-07-2007, 05:20 PM
No reason?

Hitting someone else is going to net you a call? Wow.

hotsizzle
03-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Hitting someone else is going to net you a call? Wow.

I mean he fails his arm to draw a foul. He doesnt do it for no reason.

Rasheed1
03-07-2007, 05:24 PM
You're telling me that an offensive player, with the choice between a 2 point play and a possible three point play, should not try to draw a foul if they can? Okay Einstein. Reggie Miller, Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and every other Hall of Famer should be yanked from the Hall tomorrow for drawing fouls where none happened then, because that doesn't fit your little naive picture of how the game is played.

Stop it.... Michael & Larry & Reggie didnt regularly hit people in the face with their flailing arms...

you yourself agree that kobe needs to adjust... and that is the bottom line here... Kobe needs to simply Stop all the flailing and hitting people in the face..

Its not Wade, Bird & Michael Jordan's fault Kobe cant properly draw a foul...Its not the refs fault either..Its Kobe's

I think the suspension is uneccesary, but kobe is not doing the same thing Bird & Jordan and Reggie and Wade have done..

He is making a foul look like a flagrant foul

browntown
03-07-2007, 05:25 PM
I guess Kobe hates international players.

hotsizzle
03-07-2007, 05:27 PM
I just want to know this...Do people on here think hes doing it on PURPOSE with an intent to hurt OR do they think hes trying to draw foul and should quit?

HollaBolla
03-07-2007, 05:30 PM
I'm a big kobe fan but I'm sick of him being a dirty player, this guy have no respect for anybody, he needs to be discipline, if I'm the Lakers management I would suspend him at least 10 games detrimental to the team, his actions are uncalled for.

Rasheed1
do they think hes trying to draw foul and should quit?

I dont think its either of the 2... I think its just a reflex where he tries to clear out with that arm like players do when they drive the lane...

Its not trying to draw a foul as much as looks like hes trying to avoid having the shot contested or blocked and his clear-out motion with his arm is something that he does almost unconsciously..

he still has to fix it tho

shadow
:confusedshrug:

I don't remember anything. Bron doesn't flail his arms like that... especially on a fadeaway. It would be different if Kobe was driving to the basket where more contact tends to occur. He draws so much attention to it by doing it on outside shots.

I don't feel sorry for the guy. Whether you agree with the suspension or not, it should have been clear to Kobe after the first one that the league isn't going to put up with it. This one is just stupidity on Kobe's part. The league didn't really have any other choice but to suspend him.

Just play the game and quit trying to show that there is contact when there isn't any.

I understand that and I agree it

Laker Logic
Stop it.... Michael & Larry & Reggie didnt regularly hit people in the face with their flailing arms...

you yourself agree that kobe needs to adjust... and that is the bottom line here... Kobe needs to simply Stop all the flailing and hitting people in the face..

Its not Wade, Bird & Michael Jordan's fault Kobe cant properly draw a foul...Its not the refs fault either..Its Kobe's

I think the suspension is uneccesary, but kobe is not doing the same thing Bird & Jordan and Reggie and Wade have done..

He is making a foul look like a flagrant foul

No - you stop it. In that post I wasn't defending Kobe's specific practice of flailing his arms, which I've already said he needs to adjust. I was defending the general practice of offensive players doing what they can to draw fouls, in response to this post from Shogun...

Even if it's what he's trying to do (draw a foul) it's not what he should do. I don't know where you got the idea that flopping (which is exactly what that is) is the proper thing to do, but you're mistaken. It's basically trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the refs. Another way to word it is... well... cheating. There's no room for that kind of crap on the defensive end, nor the offensive end. It's disgusting to watch.

Only Wade knob gobblers defend the way he plays & goes to the line. Are you in denial? Most of this board hates the way Wade goes to the FT line all game long and gets phantom calls.

RedBlackAttack
03-07-2007, 05:36 PM
I just want to know this...Do people on here think hes doing it on PURPOSE with an intent to hurt OR do they think hes trying to draw foul and should quit?
I think it is a combination. Is he purposely hitting people in the face? Probably not. Does he get frustrated when his shot is blocked in crucial situations? Probably.

HollaBolla
03-07-2007, 05:46 PM
As a Laker fan it sickens me to see kobe resort to hurting other players to get even, from Miller, Ginobili, AK47, and now Jaric, he is supposed to be a model player emulate by kids but for him to do this, it just not right, he needs to apologize and change his ways.

XxNeXuSxX
03-07-2007, 05:47 PM
As a Laker fan it sickens me to see kobe resort to hurting other players to get even, from Miller, Ginobili, AK47, and now Jaric, he is supposed to be a model player emulate by kids but for him to do this, it just not right, he needs to apologize and change his ways.
He's just flopping to get phantom calls, and it usually works with todays refs.

SRZ66
03-07-2007, 05:47 PM
http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/pg2/2002/0517/photo/s_laimbeer_i.jpg
even bill thinks 24 is dirty

AI Nuggets3
03-07-2007, 05:48 PM
kobe would be considered clean in the 80s or 90s.

he's not a dirty player at all. stockton was a dirty player.

reppy
03-07-2007, 05:49 PM
I think he's trying to draw a foul, and if that fails, clear space for him to go for the rebound. Anyone else notice that when he did the same thing to Manu he was first to go back up for the blocked shot?

HollaBolla
03-07-2007, 05:50 PM
He's just flopping to get phantom calls, and it usually works with todays refs.

well, he neeeds to stop this crap, its hurting other players, one of these days he could end somebody's career by his inexcusable actions.

GOBB
Do you guys have to reply to every repeated topic? Damn

MaxFly

I think he's doing it with the intention of drawing a foul and/or holding back another player from getting the rebound... and that he should stop doing it. Someone can get hurt. I don't think that the offensive foul is suspension worthy...

different107
03-07-2007, 05:51 PM

I agree about apoogizing and changes his ways, but I dont know about dirtiest player ever. That award would probably go to someone in the late
80's - early 90's

_KP_The_Familia_
03-07-2007, 05:53 PM

Do you have to run to every Kobe thread to defend him? Damn

statman32
BUMP

MaxFly
I think the more pertinent question is how many people want Bryant to have done it on purpose or want to believe that he did it on purpose? I heard a poster state this very thing in the Manu thread, saying that he wanted to believe that he hit Manu on purpose, but wasn't sure.

GOBB
03-07-2007, 05:54 PM
Do you have to run to every Kobe thread to defend him? Damn

Name them idiot. How's Gilbert = MVP workin out for you? Oh its not. Dissappear again. Do us a favor. Before you vamoose son of a b!tch let go of my nuts.

shok
03-07-2007, 05:55 PM
:roll:

goldgrill4me
03-07-2007, 05:56 PM
he probably is not doing it with malicious intent and is just trying to draw a foul. the problem with that is he is purposely flailing his arms to draw the foul and is ending up slamming hard elbows into players faces.

MaxFly
03-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Name them idiot. How's Gilbert = MVP workin out for you? Oh its not. Dissappear again. Do us a favor. Before you vamoose son of a b!tch let go of my nuts.

He called you a ******* Gobb? So you see how it's gotten out of control.

Spike Spiegel
03-07-2007, 05:58 PM

He just needs to quit, because if this keeps happening it's rather stupid to continue IMO.

statman32
03-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Kobe is dirty :D

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art3/0924041kobea19.gif

Cool
03-07-2007, 06:05 PM
The NBA needs to get off Kobe's Nuts. Lebron James almost takes off Wades neck and they dont do nothing about it. Apparently the NBA had nothing to do today so they reviewed the same damn tape of last nights game all day today and suspended him. Damn the NBA needs to shut there mouth and let the players play the damn game, gosh.

crisoner
03-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Kobe is a sloppy flopper and kisser it seems........

ExpatSunsFan
03-07-2007, 06:11 PM
According to the league, it was clear after reviewing the tape that Kobe hit Ginobili on purpose. That 'intent' was what made it different from other dirty plays people have mentioned (the league is much slower to assign intent than I am, btw) and what drew the suspension.

This time Kobe was lucky to get away with only one game IMO. Same move, same situation, same result--there's no room for doubt as to his motives this time.

zebraheat
03-07-2007, 06:13 PM
It was intentional, Jaric blocked, got a piece of his shot, made a little contact, or put Kobe's hot off enough to piss him off. It ws intentional.

Unsportsmanlike. This suspension to help him err this behaviour.

hotsizzle
03-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Marco Jaric:

"I haven't seen the replay, but if you ask me what I thought about the play when it happened, I don't think he did it intentionally, and I don't think players should be suspended for things that happen unintentionally," Jaric told ESPN.com. "I think he was trying to draw a foul, and he swung his hand out to make it look dramatic, and he hit me by accident. He apologized right after."

AKA AAP
03-07-2007, 06:19 PM
Same exact situation...gets shot blocked, gets frustrated, then decides to hit the player with his elbow on purpose. When he flails his arms to draw a foul, it is never in that motion...unless he has the intent of hitting the player.

Kobe throws elbows out almost every game. His history is extensive...and you're telling me that he wouldn't throw one on purpose when his shot gets blocked at a critical point in the game? :roll:

Kobe is guilty, as usual.

Cool
03-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Marco Jaric:

The NBA doesnt care. Because Manu said the same thing and the whole Spurs organization did to. And Kobe still got suspeneded.

Kujo
03-07-2007, 06:22 PM
As much as it hurt, I defended Kobe the first time, and thought the suspension was unjust.

I was clearly wrong, and Kobe is doing this intentionally. He's a dirty player. Period. As much flack Bruce Bowen takes for being a dirty player, he's never done anything like this.

Kobe should have gotten at least a 3 game suspension. This is just more fuel to the fire for all us Kobe h-a-t-e-r-s.

junkifunki
03-07-2007, 06:30 PM
I am so glad the league is at least being consistent with the suspensions. I honestly thought they were gonna let Kobe slide this time, since the media gave the NBA so much crap about suspending Kobe the first time.

Maybe after this 2nd suspension, Kobe will finally learn to stop extending his elbows after his jumper.. the defender is right there!! Kobe HAS to know that, since both Manu/Jaric got a piece of his shot before catching an elbow to the face.. We'd all love to flail our arms and go to the free-throw line after we just got our shot legitimately blocked, but the game don't work like that, Kobe :D

gb8
03-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Having watched it extensively, I conclude that kobe bryant is guilty of nothing more than trying to draw a foul and doing a poor job of it. Cheers.:cheers:

junkifunki
03-07-2007, 06:34 PM
Maybe the league should've made it a 2 game suspension. Kobe obviously didn't learn his lesson the first time. Kobe fanboys would flip out though..

AKA AAP
03-07-2007, 06:35 PM

Finally, a reasonable Laker fan in this thread. :applause:

Cool
I am so glad the league is at least being consistent with the suspensions. I honestly thought they were gonna let Kobe slide this time, since the media gave the NBA so much crap about suspending Kobe the first time.

Maybe after this 2nd suspension, Kobe will finally learn to stop extending his elbows after his jumper.. the defender is right there!! Kobe HAS to know that, since both Manu/Jaric got a piece of his shot before catching an elbow to the face.. We'd all love to flail our arms and go to the free-throw line after we just got our shot legitimately blocked, but the game don't work like that, Kobe :D

How can you say that? When Lebron almost took off D-Wades neck they dont review it or do anything. But Kobe accidentally comes down on somebody because he is trying to draw a foul. They need to suspend both to look consistent. Cause right now they look like immature babies who dont know what the hell there doing.

Younggrease
Having watched it extensively, I conclude that kobe bryant is guilty of nothing more than trying to draw a foul and doing a poor job of it. Cheers.:cheers:

exactly... what happened to Brian Cook when he did the same thing????nothing

Younggrease
03-07-2007, 06:37 PM
Maybe the league should've made it a 2 game suspension. Kobe obviously didn't learn his lesson the first time. Kobe fanboys would flip out though..

its called drawing a foul he did the same thing in the 3rd quarter trying to draw a foul. There is no way he meant to hit him in the face, no one is that good, he isnt even looking at him

Cool
03-07-2007, 06:38 PM
Finally, a reasonable Laker fan in this thread. :applause:

One thing bad happens to Kobe or the Lakers you come out of your damn cave. If the Lakers win or something you hide in your cave. Why dont you go hide in yoru cave? And save the nonsense to yourself.

AKA AAP
03-07-2007, 06:39 PM
How can you say that? When Lebron almost took off D-Wades neck they dont review it or do anything. But Kobe accidentally comes down on somebody because he is trying to draw a foul. They need to suspend both to look consistent. Cause right now they look like immature babies who dont know what the hell there doing.

http://www.linaliberace.com/images/bigeditorialim.jpg/reaching-for-star-big.jpg

AKA AAP
03-07-2007, 06:40 PM
One thing bad happens to Kobe or the Lakers you come out of your damn cave. If the Lakers win or something you hide in your cave. Why dont you go hide in yoru cave? And save the nonsense to yourself.

Where was I during the Lakers losing streak(s)? Lakers had a 6 game skid, why was I MIA'd for that whole time? :confusedshrug:

You convince yourself of false perceptions too well. Think rationally, kid.

hotsizzle
03-07-2007, 06:41 PM

Its because hes nothing but a personality. Its a gimmick, a set up.

Who'sKobe
03-07-2007, 06:43 PM
When did the media gave NBA a hard time over Kobe's 1st suspension? Kobe's one superstar when suspended won't receive a backlash from the media or most of NBA fans, let's face it..Kobe's not widely liked.

rs98762001
03-07-2007, 06:44 PM
Jaric on the suspension:

Jaric said he was surprised that Bryant was suspended.

"I haven't seen the replay, but if you ask me what I thought about the play when it happened, I don't think he did it intentionally, and I don't think players should be suspended for things that happen unintentionally," Jaric told ESPN.com. "I think he was trying to draw a foul, and he swung his hand out to make it look dramatic, and he hit me by accident. He apologized right after."

Cool
03-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Its because hes nothing but a personality. Its a gimmick, a set up.

Okay thanks for the heads up. Because he is very unrealistic and does not think straight.

HANNIBAL SMITH
03-07-2007, 07:22 PM
:oldlol: The league has it in for Kobe, ever since colorado, they've had it out for this n!gga. He shouldn't of gotten suspended for that especially when Bowen, Deke and etc has done way worse and didn't even get so much as a fine for it. My thing is, the refs should of called a flagrant on Kobe if they thought it was intentional, i dont think they thought he done it purposely.

Raja Bell clotheslined Kobe, with the intent to harm him yet he only got a game. You can bet your ass had bell done that to Lebron, Wade and others he would of got a minimum of 5 games, but since it's Kobe the NBA's villian, i guess the nba felt that the clotheslined was justified. smh

wild orchid
03-07-2007, 08:02 PM

Perhaps if the Heat had contacted the league about Lebron's clothesline then he would have received a suspension.

Cool
03-07-2007, 08:03 PM
Perhaps if the Heat had contacted the league about Lebron's clothesline then he would have received a suspension.

What does that have to do with anything? I dont get it.

Mewwem22
03-07-2007, 08:08 PM
I don't think kobe is trying to injure anybody by doing this. I think it's just a stupid way to try and draw a foul. This did work once you know. He did that same arm fling thing against the jazz at the end of a game and the ref was too busy looking at kobe's feet (to see if he was shooting a 3 or a 2) that he really thought kobe got fouled. If this doesn't teach kobe to stop doing it though, nothing will.

LakerRaider
03-07-2007, 08:09 PM
Cool, I would like your opinion on the meaning of life.

Cool
03-07-2007, 08:10 PM

:wtf:

Mewwem22
03-07-2007, 08:14 PM

lol. The meaning of life is to marry a hypello!

Anyone that knows where that is from is really cool in my book.

0ne50
03-07-2007, 08:17 PM
The guy sounds like he had a steaknife omelet for breakfast.:roll:

LakerRaider
03-07-2007, 08:17 PM
lol. The meaning of life is to marry a hypello!

Anyone that knows where that is from is really cool in my book.

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Hypello

Laker Logic
03-07-2007, 08:52 PM

Been posted once already, but this bears repeating. The guy he hit - a fellow pro basketball player and not some Internet prosecutor - doesn't think Kobe meant to hit him in the face, doesn't think he should be suspended, and does think all Kobe was trying to do was draw a foul. I guess that's "Marko Logic" for you.

0ne50
03-07-2007, 08:56 PM
Do yall think the Kobe Raja Bell feud has anything to do with this.

HollaBolla
03-07-2007, 09:09 PM

Been posted once already, but this bears repeating. The guy he hit - a fellow pro basketball player and not some Internet prosecutor - doesn't think Kobe meant to hit him in the face, doesn't think he should be suspended, and does think all Kobe was trying to do was draw a foul. I guess that's "Marko Logic" for you.

of course he would say these things because he does not want to sound bitter on TV but deep inside he was cursing kobe.

KobeMVP
03-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Thats NBA league decision the most dirty and unethical of professional sports in the USA compare to other professional league. Why?

the league hates Kobe so much, but how about those three blind mice, how come they dont get suspended and get fined any of those refs. when they fixed games. Games should be review on each game and make sure to penalized refs who fixed games... Anyways who told those referees to fixed games maybe the league itself.

and counting the other way around I havent heard the NBA suspended or penalized anyone who hit Kobe intentionally, its always Kobe who gets the hit if he retaliates. Its very unfair and unethical of the league.

r32soul
03-07-2007, 10:19 PM
in all fairness to Stern and Stu Jackson, i think Kobe deserves to be suspended for that arm motion after a block shot.. intentional or not, it's just a dangerous play, and Kobe should know better...especially since he has been suspended before for the same action..

the problem is, I think it's a natural reaction from Kobe.. it probably didn't even cross his mind that he will hit Jaric.. he just did it to draw the foul...

but please stop with this Kobe is a dirty player... if he is such a dirty player, then why Manu or Jaric both said Kobe didn't do it to intentionally.. and both time both player said that Kobe apologize for the "accidental" hit..

NASH = BEST
03-07-2007, 10:20 PM
Konex makes a thread about Kobe and moments later he gets suspended, this dude is my favorite Laker fan by far!! http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w5/NashIsBest/smileyrofl2.gif

Cool
03-07-2007, 10:22 PM
This exactly what Phil said about the suspenision.

But Jackson stands by his decision.

"I'm not in the business of reading players' minds, I'm simply evaluating the play as a basketball play," Jackson told The Associated Press. "And when you take a shot and follow through, followed by driving an arm back in an aggressive manner that strikes a defender in his face, that's what we evaluated to be a non-acceptable play."

Lakers coach Phil Jackson weighed in on the suspension and defended Bryant.

"If they're going to make a call, even if they're wrong, they'll still be consistent," Jackson said.

He added, "I think I'm going to have to put about 50 clips of Kobe shooting his shot and his arms going out like that so the judger of this deed of Kobe's sees that he does this a lot," Jackson said. "It's not an unnatural basketball motion."

wild orchid
03-07-2007, 10:43 PM
What does that have to do with anything? I dont get it.

The league does not get involved unless the opposing team files a complaint.

Cool
03-07-2007, 10:48 PM
The league does not get involved unless the opposing team files a complaint.

Your wrong there. Because Timberwolves didnt say nothing. Even Jaric said he was surprised about the suspension. And Manu said he called the league and said it was unintentional and Kobe didnt mean it. So I dont know were your getting this from.

icemanfan
03-07-2007, 10:55 PM
Your wrong there. Because Timberwolves didnt say nothing. Even Jaric said he was surprised about the suspension. And Manu said he called the league and said it was unintentional and Kobe didnt mean it. So I dont know were your getting this from.
its just the way things are now. We all can thank Ron Artest for this over active witch hunt of an NBA we have these days. Too bad for future generations.

HollaBolla
03-07-2007, 10:56 PM
Thats NBA league decision the most dirty and unethical of professional sports in the USA compare to other professional league. Why?

the league hates Kobe so much, but how about those three blind mice, how come they dont get suspended and get fined any of those refs. when they fixed games. Games should be review on each game and make sure to penalized refs who fixed games... Anyways who told those referees to fixed games maybe the league itself.

and counting the other way around I havent heard the NBA suspended or penalized anyone who hit Kobe intentionally, its always Kobe who gets the hit if he retaliates. Its very unfair and unethical of the league.

I used to think like you, that the league hates kobe but I've been watching kobe closely and he is indeed a dirty player and you know what he deserve to be suspended what he's doing is dangerous, he could have easily crack the skull of Manu and JAric and ended their careers.

Having said that I know both Manu and Jaric said that kobe didn't do it intentionally but they know it was intentional they just dont want to make big deal out of it and they dont get mad they get even.

Leviathon1121
03-07-2007, 11:20 PM

Lakersground.net, there you can share you're delusional basketball opinions about why Kobe, Lord of Olympus, King of the Heavens is unjustly kept from winning a championship, scoring title, and MVP each and every season.

wild orchid
03-07-2007, 11:22 PM

Trust me. Somebody from those organizations called the league. I am aware of what they say publicly but someone maybe a GM, asst. GM, VP, or owner called the league.

TMan
03-07-2007, 11:24 PM
its just the way things are now. We all can thank Ron Artest for this over active witch hunt of an NBA we have these days. Too bad for future generations.

While I don't condone the rule changes that favor perimeter players and lessen the importance of defense, I do think the game needs to clean up a little in terms of dirty antics and over-the-top flopping acts, make players focus on basketball.

mark
03-07-2007, 11:29 PM
While I don't condone the rule changes that favor perimeter players and lessen the importance of defense, I do think the game needs to clean up a little in terms of dirty antics and over-the-top flopping acts, make players focus on basketball.

if you recall, most aging stars ended their careers shortly after they started assaulting people aka Michael Irvin, Dallas Cowboys.... any sport man... Kobe is losing not only his talent but his mind too man.... finally...

Cool
03-07-2007, 11:34 PM
Trust me. Somebody from those organizations called the league. I am aware of what they say publicly but someone maybe a GM, asst. GM, VP, or owner called the league.

That does not make any sense. Somebody just called to get him suspended but they flat out said they knew he wasnt doing any harm. And the Manu situation, the Spurs called the League and said Kobe did not mean to do anything. And Jaric like I said, said he knew it was unintentional. Why would people just call? That must mean they dont have anything to do. So there just callin cause there bored.

HollaBolla
03-07-2007, 11:38 PM
That does not make any sense. Somebody just called to get him suspended but they flat out said they knew he wasnt doing any harm. And the Manu situation, the Spurs called the League and said Kobe did not mean to do anything. And Jaric like I said, said he knew it was unintentional. Why would people just call? That must mean they dont have anything to do. So there just callin cause there bored.

they called because they're tired of kobe's dirty antics, he's hurting people and that is not right.

wild orchid
03-07-2007, 11:43 PM

We only know what Jaric and Ginobli said publicly. We do not know what they said behind closed doors. Players will not admit to initiating or co-signing on a complaint about another player. When the first incident happened Greg Anthony mentioned the league does not get involved unless they got a call from someone representing the opposing team. A couple of days later there was an article posted on this board that indicated Ginobli and Popopvich felt Kobe may have struck Ginobli on purpose. I will see if I can find it.

Cool
03-07-2007, 11:43 PM
they called because they're tired of kobe's dirty antics, he's hurting people and that is not right.

Great argument. He is hurting players. :rollingeyes:. Anyways Listen to what Phil says then tell me what you think. And please keep and open mind because right now you sound like a major Kobe H@ter.

But Jackson stands by his decision.

"I'm not in the business of reading players' minds, I'm simply evaluating the play as a basketball play," Jackson told The Associated Press. "And when you take a shot and follow through, followed by driving an arm back in an aggressive manner that strikes a defender in his face, that's what we evaluated to be a non-acceptable play."

Lakers coach Phil Jackson weighed in on the suspension and defended Bryant.

"If they're going to make a call, even if they're wrong, they'll still be consistent," Jackson said.

He added, "I think I'm going to have to put about 50 clips of Kobe shooting his shot and his arms going out like that so the judger of this deed of Kobe's sees that he does this a lot," Jackson said. "It's not an unnatural basketball motion."

Cool
03-07-2007, 11:49 PM
We only know what Jaric and Ginobli said publicly. We do not know what they said behind closed doors. Players will not admit to initiating or co-signing on a complaint about another player. When the first incident happened Greg Anthony mentioned the league does not get involved unless they got a call from someone representing the opposing team. A couple of days later there was an article posted on this board that indicated Ginobli and Popopvich felt Kobe may have struck Ginobli on purpose. I will see if I can find it.

They said themselves and a report on ESPN said that the League has been reviewing the tape all day to see if it was similar to the Manu hit. And thats why they looked at it. They wanted to look like they were being consistent. Which they are not looking consistent because they never suspended Lebron for almost taking off D-Wades head. Its a bunch of BS.

KobeMVP
03-07-2007, 11:50 PM
Lakersground.net, there you can share you're delusional basketball opinions about why Kobe, Lord of Olympus, King of the Heavens is unjustly kept from winning a championship, scoring title, and MVP each and every season.

Who's dillusional? probably you because Kobe won 3 championship ring already and scoring title as he broke records and continuing on. This is a conspiracy going on to Kobe. The nail to Jarics face and everyone else by Kobe is an statement from him that defensively player should also be aware that they are also vulnerable of being hit, even if they are in the defensive end they should defend themselves.

HollaBolla
03-07-2007, 11:57 PM
Great argument. He is hurting players. :rollingeyes:. Anyways Listen to what Phil says then tell me what you think. And please keep and open mind because right now you sound like a major Kobe H@ter.

why is it that when u criticize kobe? ur immediately labeled a h@ter, watch the video dude, its intentional, I like kobe, all am saying is he needs to stop this dirty antics, he can seriously hurt and end somebody's career.

anyways, PJ's comments is nothing new, he suck up to his star player all the time so this statement is for kobe.

KobeMVP
03-07-2007, 11:58 PM
I used to think like you, that the league hates kobe but I've been watching kobe closely and he is indeed a dirty player and you know what he deserve to be suspended what he's doing is dangerous, he could have easily crack the skull of Manu and JAric and ended their careers.

Having said that I know both Manu and Jaric said that kobe didn't do it intentionally but they know it was intentional they just dont want to make big deal out of it and they dont get mad they get even.

What I see on the play is that Kobe is just defending himself because the arms of Jaric can hit him hard if he did not wave it. Youll never know if somebody wants to harm you or give a flagrant foul, and because he has been hit gazillion times without even penalizing the opponent he needs to defend himself not to get hurt and be sidelined again with an injury.

KobeMVP
03-08-2007, 12:00 AM
They said themselves and a report on ESPN said that the League has been reviewing the tape all day to see if it was similar to the Manu hit. And thats why they looked at it. They wanted to look like they were being consistent. Which they are not looking consistent because they never suspended Lebron for almost taking off D-Wades head. Its a bunch of BS.

How about reviewing consistency of referees call???? It will make a big!!!!!! difference to the league and its ethics as a professional sports.

wild orchid
03-08-2007, 12:03 AM

They reviewed the tape after somebody called to complain. You can belive it or believe whatever you want.

Cool
03-08-2007, 12:08 AM
They reviewed the tape after somebody called to complain. You can belive it or believe whatever you want.

I will believe my theory and you believe yours. Because I feel this disagreement or argument, whatever you want to call it, will go nowhere.

Leviathon1121
03-08-2007, 12:22 AM
What I see on the play is that Kobe is just defending himself because the arms of Jaric can hit him hard if he did not wave it. Youll never know if somebody wants to harm you or give a flagrant foul, and because he has been hit gazillion times without even penalizing the opponent he needs to defend himself not to get hurt and be sidelined again with an injury.

Translation: Do not attempt to defend Kobe Bryant in any way or you will be brutally hit upside the head as he defends himself. Take note referees that this is a defensive act to not get injured so no fouls need be called, no matter how much blood pours from the defender.

Do you actually read what you write? Amazing that anybody with any thought process at all could come up with this.

KobeMVP
03-08-2007, 12:51 AM
Translation: Do not attempt to defend Kobe Bryant in any way or you will be brutally hit upside the head as he defends himself. Take note referees that this is a defensive act to not get injured so no fouls need be called, no matter how much blood pours from the defender.

Do you actually read what you write? Amazing that anybody with any thought process at all could come up with this.

I'm not attempting I'm doing it, just give me shot of what you've got youre not God I don't need your preaching, and I know your a die hard Kobe h a t e r. BTW do u notice something ur like the league and I'm Kobe your always pick on me plus +
Somebody is reading what I'm writing.. and that's you!!!!!!!!! The delusional one...:lol: :banana:

Dizzle-2k7
03-08-2007, 12:55 AM
after the foolish decision to suspend kobe for the manu incident, the league had no choice but to suspend him for this one.

atleast theyre being consistent.

funny, the only thing the league is consistent at is suspending kobe.

KobeMVP
03-08-2007, 12:59 AM
after the foolish decision to suspend kobe for the manu incident, the league had no choice but to suspend him for this one.

atleast theyre being consistent.

funny, the only thing the league is consistent at is suspending kobe.

I Agree 1,000%

Twoston Rockets
03-08-2007, 02:17 AM
your meaning to tell me kobe doesnt play dirty? how about the elbow he threw at mike miller last year? how do u kobe lovers defend that?

wild orchid
03-08-2007, 02:29 AM
Jackson said he did not consult with the game referees before making his decision, relying solely on instant replay. He would not disclose whether the Spurs or Timberwolves lodged a complaint.

from the LA Times

Cool
03-08-2007, 02:32 AM
Jackson said he did not consult with the game referees before making his decision, relying solely on instant replay. He would not disclose whether the Spurs or Timberwolves lodged a complaint.

from the LA Times

And your point is.....

gts
03-08-2007, 04:11 AM

from the LA Times link?

HANNIBAL SMITH
03-08-2007, 05:41 AM
:oldlol: The league has it out for Kobe, that colorado incident made him a marked man till his playing days are over. If the roles were switched, and Kobe was the victim to elbows from Ginobili and Jaric, hell it could be intentional and they wouldn't even get fined, let alone suspended, guaranteed. It's messed up, but it is what it is. The only way Kobe doesnt have to put up with this bull**** if he retires, but as long as he's playing, he's gonna get this type of treatment.

steadyfast96
03-08-2007, 07:12 AM
Do yall think the Kobe Raja Bell feud has anything to do with this.

No, it's stemming from last year with elbowing Mike Miller in the neck where Kobe admitted it was intentional (to send a message).

steadyfast96
03-08-2007, 07:24 AM
Whether it was intentional or not, Kobe needs to realize that he has a target on his back now, just like Sheed and Artest. I'm not a Kobe *****, I'm one of his biggest fans. But sh!t like this is not why I'm one of his supporters. Nowadays, it's not what ****** are saying about him that makes me mad, it's what he's doing to encourage them.

Human Error
03-08-2007, 08:05 AM
of course he would say these things because he does not want to sound bitter on TV but deep inside he was cursing kobe.
Bingo.

Lots of Laker fans are like 10 yr old kids, they get fooled really easily and it's not even funny.

g12affix
03-08-2007, 09:41 AM
deserved it. didn't have to flail like he did. he was getting his shot blocked. with with the manu incident it may not have been intentional but manu was clearly behind kobe when he blocked his shot, no body contact... how are you going to swing your arm all the way out to the side just to flail. if there was body contact then yeah i can understand.. same thing with the jaric incident it didn't look to me like there wasn't much body contact til kobe threw his arm out... it wasn't a normal motion... just my opinion... i'm not saying kobe's a dirty player, he doesn't need to swing his arms when he gets blocked

AKA AAP
03-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Getting shots blocked seems to be Kobe's new calling card in the anit-clutch department. He definitely needs to watch more game tape of Carmelo, Wade and Okur in the clutch, rather than taking up time to advertise his supposed "work ethic". Kobe just isn't a win first player.

TheHonestTruth
03-08-2007, 12:23 PM
I think Kobe should be suspended for the season.

bleedinpurple
03-08-2007, 01:08 PM
I think Kobe should be suspended for the season.

:roll:
spoken like a true h@ter.

If they suspended him the first time, they had to suspend him the second. I would just like to see equal treatment:
Bowen "intentionally" sliding his foot under jump shooters.
Raja "Clothsline" Bell only gets one game for that?

If they decide what Kobe did was deserving, then they need to keep it consistent.

dgbigballer9329
03-08-2007, 02:18 PM
Kobe's my favorite player, but even he's starting to aggravate me now. I said it at the beginning of the season, I'd rather have Wade, although I hope Kobe somehow changes my mind come postseason. I'm holding out hope.....

saKf
03-08-2007, 02:57 PM
Blatantly uneven "justice" passed out by the league. Screw that.

boozehound
03-08-2007, 03:02 PM
I find it interesting that PhillyJ (and many laker's fans) claim this is a normal part of Kobe's shooting motion, but the two times this season when he has struck a player have both been on blocked shots. Why doesnt he ever smack anybody on a clean look then?

Samurai Swoosh
03-08-2007, 03:05 PM
I think Kobe is soon going to turn into 81 point, ball hogging Kobe real shortly. Looks like the anger is building up inside. The Lakers may actually be better off right now with Kobe doing that, seeing as there roster is crap and PJ can't even maximize the talent out of those players.

XxNeXuSxX
03-08-2007, 03:07 PM
I agree with you, Kobe doesn't have the mental edge to be patient now, he is going to go back to that 40% 35ppg Kobe real soon. And if that happens, we can watch the 'L's pile up.

We'll see if he can hold out.

Samurai Swoosh
03-08-2007, 03:14 PM
I doubt it he'll be able to hold out. You can see the trigger finger twitching.

bleedinpurple
03-08-2007, 03:23 PM
without LO AND Walton, I think the team is better off with Kobe ball dominance. no one else on the team is capable of generating 7-8 assists per night. no one else is a worthy #2 scorer. just a bunch of very average roll players...

Samurai Swoosh
03-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Think Kobe can win another scoring title? His average has been going up, and Melo's has been going down. And as you mentioned, the situation with the Lakers is set up for Kobe to now dominate the ball even more than before.

Psileas
03-08-2007, 03:39 PM
I agree with you, Kobe doesn't have the mental edge to be patient now, he is going to go back to that 40% 35ppg Kobe real soon. And if that happens, we can watch the 'L's pile up.

It was actually 35 on 45%, and with the roster the team has at this time, it wouldn't be surprising at all to see a losing streak, even followed by a Kobe % slump.

XxNeXuSxX
03-08-2007, 03:41 PM
It was actually 35 on 45%, and with the roster the team has at this time, it wouldn't be surprising at all to see a losing streak, even followed by a Kobe % slump.
I stand corrected.

Hoopz2332
08-20-2014, 05:32 PM
kobe and his flailing arms:oldlol:

MP.Trey
08-20-2014, 05:39 PM
Damn Kobe got suspended for flopping even before there were fines for that shit. :oldlol:

Hoopz2332
08-20-2014, 05:42 PM
Damn Kobe got suspended for flopping even before there were fines for that shit. :oldlol:

:oldlol:

buddha
08-20-2014, 06:23 PM

are you retarded? have you even seen the play? he didn't flop.. he hit someone in the face on purpose and tried to disguise it as a basketball play. he wasn't trying to flop for no call. he was out there to inflict damage. some real alpha shit.

raprap
08-20-2014, 06:43 PM
are you retarded? have you even seen the play? he didn't flop.. he hit someone in the face on purpose and tried to disguise it as a basketball play. he wasn't trying to flop for no call. he was out there to inflict damage. some real alpha shit.
Thats beta bruh. Damn Kobeta :facepalm

Magic 32
08-20-2014, 09:16 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGnnN5BMXwE

http://cen.acs.org/content/dam/cen/85/51/8551booksimortonether.gif

MP.Trey
08-20-2014, 09:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGnnN5BMXwE

http://cen.acs.org/content/dam/cen/85/51/8551booksimortonether.gif
Damn, that was a flat out elbow too, looked like it was on purpose. Don't remember it being that bad in retrospect. And he even has the gall to complain to the ref after. I calls it likes I sees it folks.

SpecialQue
08-20-2014, 10:22 PM
Why the fvck isn't this retard banned for constantly bumping old-ass Kobe threads for no reason? Is he that bored that he's digging through ISH history looking for 2007 threads about Kobe? This guy's legitimately creepy as fvck.

YouGotServed
08-20-2014, 10:25 PM
Why the fvck isn't this retard banned for constantly bumping old-ass Kobe threads for no reason? Is he that bored that he's digging through ISH history looking for 2007 threads about Kobe? This guy's legitimately creepy as fvck.

Shut the f*ck up whiny bitch. You're just mad he's shitting on Kobe.

JohnFreeman
08-20-2014, 10:27 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif

Grey Dawn
08-20-2014, 10:30 PM
One example of why Kobe is a bitch

buddha
08-20-2014, 10:33 PM
Thats beta bruh.

I'd pay to see you say that to Karl Malone after he has had a couple drinks.

SpecialQue
08-20-2014, 10:39 PM

**** Kobe, **** Harden, and **** your wack-ass time, you dumb ****.

Beastmode88

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/9fIkxGeGpZ0/0.jpg

JohnFreeman
Malone won't show up

YouGotServed
08-20-2014, 10:46 PM
**** Kobe, **** Harden, and **** your wack-ass time, you dumb ****.

Eat elephant shit and die f*ggot.

hitmanyr2k
08-20-2014, 11:59 PM

Damn, I wish this video was still up. It would have been great for the The Ultimate Kobe/Magic/Jordan Flopping GIF Collection :oldlol: That MF went up for a last second shot, knew he bricked it the moment it left his hand and had a mid-air seizure with no one touching him and the refs bailed his ass for two free throws in Utah. One of the most disgusting superstar calls I've ever seen.