PDA

View Full Version : Which is more impressive for you?

Angel Face
03-04-2014, 08:46 AM
KD's 54 point game vs Golden State Warriors or Lebron's 61 point game vs Charlotte Bobcats?

To4
03-04-2014, 08:53 AM
I prefer Melo's 62 point game.. but that's my 2 centavos.. all games are fuqing amazing to watch

MichaelCorleone
03-04-2014, 08:54 AM
Lebron

215Philly
03-04-2014, 08:54 AM
I like KD's more. He was putting up dagger after dagger

ImKobe
03-04-2014, 08:56 AM
KD's game was more competitive and it was against a very good Warriors team, but I think Bron's was more impressive given the 8 straight threes.

Im Still Ballin
03-04-2014, 08:57 AM
Lebron

This.

dabigbaws
03-04-2014, 09:44 AM
KD's was way more impressive

MichaelCorleone
03-04-2014, 09:49 AM
KD's was way more impressive
No it wasn't.

Harison
03-04-2014, 09:50 AM
Lebron's statline is better, but KD's more impressive because game was against much better team.

Much like MJs 63 PTS against '86 Celtics is more impressive than Kobe's 81 againts Toronto. Kobe's fans wont agree, same as Lebron's fans wont agree with above either :D

MichaelCorleone
03-04-2014, 09:52 AM
Lebron's statline is better, but KD's more impressive because game was against much better team.

Much like MJs 63 PTS against '86 Celtics is more impressive than Kobe's 81 againts Toronto. Kobe's fans wont agree, same as Lebron's fans wont agree with above either :D
Defensively Bobcats are BETTER than GSW.

wally_world
03-04-2014, 09:57 AM
KD. Lmao at LBJ staying in the game to stat pad. 42mins against the Bobkittens? :oldlol:

ILLsmak
03-04-2014, 10:05 AM
KD's 54 point game vs Golden State Warriors or Lebron's 61 point game vs Charlotte Bobcats?

prolly Bron cuz he got 60. Now dudes can no longer troll and say Y U NEVER GOT 60 BRON?

-Smak

Jailblazers7
03-04-2014, 10:07 AM
Lebron's. KD's was more fun because Curry was trading baskets with him.

plowking
03-04-2014, 10:09 AM
Lebron dropping 61 is more impressive, given the fact he had 50 essentially at 3 quarter time. He essentially killed the whole game with the 25 point, 3rd quarter barrage.

Its not like its a 1 or 2 point difference. Lebron scored more, on better efficiency, against a good defense. You can argue all you want, and may prefer Durant's, but Lebron's is better.

EDIT: Saying that though... The best part of Bron's 60 point game wasn't even any of his baskets that he made. It was when he was getting doubled without the ball, and Birdman was left wide open for 3 and nailed it. lol...

Hoopz2332
03-04-2014, 10:10 AM
Warriors style of play is conducive into high inflated numbers for themselves and the opposition. The Bobcats on the other hand are an elite defensive with slower pace. Lebron's was against better D by far.

Hoopz2332
03-04-2014, 10:13 AM
Warriors style of play is conducive into high inflated numbers for themselves and the opposition. The Bobcats on the other hand are an elite defensive with slower pace. Lebron's was against better D by far.

Kd's last game vs Bobcats (2 night ago)

28 pts on 8-24 shooting

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400489760

:lol

dabigbaws
03-04-2014, 10:16 AM
Lebron dropping 61 is more impressive, given the fact he had 50 essentially at 3 quarter time. He essentially killed the whole game with the 25 point, 3rd quarter barrage.

Its not like its a 1 or 2 point difference. Lebron scored more, on better efficiency, against a good defense. You can argue all you want, and may prefer Durant's, but Lebron's is better.

EDIT: Saying that though... The best part of Bron's 60 point game wasn't even any of his baskets that he made. It was when he was getting doubled without the ball, and Birdman was left wide open for 3 and nailed it. lol...

19/28 FG% > 22/33 FG%.

also settle down. lebron was barely doubled, everyone watched the game. durant was the one being doubled before he reached half court. and he still lit up the warriors, when the game was in the balance. not up 20 points against the lolcats

Jailblazers7
03-04-2014, 10:18 AM
The Heat announcer almost ruined it for me tho. *Lebron hits a 3* "KABOOM"

LeGOAT
03-04-2014, 10:30 AM
19/28 FG% > 22/33 FG%.

also settle down. lebron was barely doubled, everyone watched the game. durant was the one being doubled before he reached half court. and he still lit up the warriors, when the game was in the balance. not up 20 points against the lolcats
Durant scored like 10 plus points when they where up by like 15 at the end of the game. And keep calling them the"lolcats" but they are a better defense than the Warriors

I<3NBA
03-04-2014, 10:34 AM
Bobcats are top 5 defense in the league this year. Warriors are top 9. Bobcats are only worse than the Warriors because of their offense, which is bottom 4 in the league.

so really when you look at it, Lebron dropped 61 on a better defensive team.

Hoopz2332
03-04-2014, 10:53 AM
Bobcats are top 5 defense in the league this year. Warriors are top 9. Bobcats are only worse than the Warriors because of their offense, which is bottom 4 in the league.

:applause:

chazzy
03-04-2014, 11:34 AM

but they are a better defense than the Warriors
Warriors are the 3rd best defense in the league, wtf is this fox news spin?

pegasus
03-04-2014, 11:41 AM
When you compare a single game against another single game, season averages go out the window. Any given night, any given team can play like crap, including your own teammates, or much better than their averages suggest, so you need to sit your ass down and actually watch the games.

I watched both of them, and of course Durant's was more impressive. He was being double teamed as if his team had only 4 players on the floor and the game was much closer.

LeGOAT
03-04-2014, 11:47 AM
When you compare a single game against another single game, season averages go out the window. Any given night, any given team can play like crap, including your own teammates, or much better than their averages suggest, so you need to sit your ass down and actually watch the games.

I watched both of them, and of course Durant's was more impressive. He was being double teamed as if his team had only 4 players on the floor and the game was much closer.
LOL I just watched the highlights. You are delusional or are just straight up lying.

lildave3
03-04-2014, 11:59 AM
LeBron's was better out of the two, although I prefer Melo's 62 this season.

Marlo_Stanfield
03-04-2014, 12:02 PM
LeBron and it is NOT close.
whoever disagrees is a Collins:coleman:

kamil
03-04-2014, 12:07 PM
60+ on a team full of scrubs? I'll be impressed if he can pull it off against some actual competition.

tmacattack33
03-04-2014, 12:17 PM
19/28 FG% > 22/33 FG%.

I didn't even see this warriors game, but Lebron was indeed getting doubled.

They also doubled him even when he didn't have the ball, and this lead to easy baskets for teammates.

Also, double teaming a slasher is a little different than double teaming a sharp shooter. You shadow the guy with a help defender behind the primary defender.

Also, even if Durant was indeed doubled more. Perhaps you should try to figure out why. And it's not hard. It's a little more difficult to double team a player with top 3 vision in the game as opposed to someone who has slightly above average passing vision at best.

3peated
03-04-2014, 12:18 PM
KD. Lmao at LBJ staying in the game to stat pad. 42mins against the Bobkittens? :oldlol:

lmao bobkittens is so correct. cuz these dudes are not full grown.

tmacattack33
03-04-2014, 12:19 PM
60+ on a team full of scrubs? I'll be impressed if he can pull it off against some actual competition.

Yes, I too am withholding judgement on Lebron until he can put up 35-7-7 or something close to it in an important playoff game.

East_Stone_Ya
03-04-2014, 12:20 PM
Bron

wally_world
03-04-2014, 12:22 PM
Warriors have been a very good and underrated defensive team this season. Also, don't just look at defense, a weak offensive team also means less effort on the defenders = able to concentrate on offense more.

livinglegend
03-04-2014, 12:25 PM
Humm.... 61>54
Next!

AintNoSunshine
03-04-2014, 12:34 PM
82 in regulation >>>>>>>> 69 in 2 OT you b!sh

tmacattack33
03-04-2014, 12:53 PM
I just watched the highlights, and in the highlights alone I saw that on one play Lebron missed and got his own rebound and made the shot. That's 1 possession and 2 points, the equivalent of shooting once and making one.

He also would have had the last shot of the 3rd quarter had Birdman not offensive goaltended and interfered with it.

So, in reality he was 23-32 (as opposed to 22-33)

Also, in the highlights you see a nice pass to an open Bosh who missed a wide open shot. I'm sure if I watch the whole game, I'd see a few more of those.

The above is pretty pointless, but if you're going to get mad that Lebron made 4 points while in garbage time, then you better pay attention to the above too.

imdaman99
03-04-2014, 01:26 PM
Bobcats may be rated high on defense, but they are overrated.

Jefferson is a horrendous defender. Bran has a chance to dominate any team that has a pathetic defensive center.

Look what Melo did to the Bobcats a few weeks back. Probably in less minutes too.

kamil
03-04-2014, 01:50 PM
Yes, I too am withholding judgement on Lebron until he can put up 35-7-7 or something close to it in an important playoff game.

But LeBron* has put up numbers in playoff games. Its just that this 61 point performance isn't much of a shocker considering its against the fvcking BOBCATS! Would anyone expect him NOT to be able to go into beastmode against a total CRAP team led by one of the worst team owners in the league, Michael Jordan?

I guess we should throw a parade for LeBron* everytime he succeeds at mediocrity, no? Oh wait, we already have when he colluded for two rings. Dude is one giant asterisk throughout his entire career. He's a beta... PERIOD.

tmacattack33
03-04-2014, 01:52 PM
But LeBron* has put up numbers in playoff games. Its just that this 61 point performance isn't much of a shocker considering its against the fvcking BOBCATS! Would anyone expect him NOT to be able to go into beastmode against a total CRAP team led by one of the worst team owners in the league, Michael Jordan?

I guess we should throw a parade for LeBron* everytime he succeeds at mediocrity, no? Oh wait, we already have when he colluded for two rings. Dude is one giant asterisk throughout his entire career. He's a beta... PERIOD.

Wut.

Milbuck
03-04-2014, 01:54 PM
KD's was more aesthetically pleasing to watch, and probably more difficult because he had Iggy guarding him, but I'd have to give Lebron the edge.

Those 4 straight baskets by Durant were pretty insane though, I think it was 3 3's in a row and a turnaround jumper in what felt like 2 minutes.