PDA

View Full Version : I hope the Milwaukee Bucks gets the first overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft

Lebron23
02-20-2014, 09:53 AM
They are 1-21 against 0.500 and above team, and currently they have the worst record in the NBA (10-43).

I love to see them draft a legit franchise player whether it's Andrew Wiggins, Joel Embiid, or Jabari Parker.

I was also a huge fan of the Ray Allen, Sam Cassell, and Glenn Robinson trio in the early 2000's.

Mr Exlax
02-20-2014, 09:55 AM
Only thing worse than their team is their city and their fans. A-G-2-A-K-E is the best thing from there in recent memory.

kobebeangoat
02-20-2014, 09:59 AM
They should take Exum if they get the 1 pick.

GOBB
02-20-2014, 10:18 AM
Hope they get it because they stink? The franchise put themselves in that situation. You overpay Larry Sanders because ISH fans were all gaga googoo over the dude. You trade Jennings for B.Knight who simply will never be a PG. Has anyone seen Monta Ellis? Oh he's no longer a Buck, yanno their best scorer and all. Funny part is Milw didn't plan to tank, they in fact were against it. And still stink.

JohnFreeman
02-20-2014, 10:21 AM
I hope they do as well, and Kings get their pick :applause:

Meticode
02-20-2014, 10:24 AM
David Kahn will probably buy the team and have the GM of the Bucks draft 4 point guards.

TexasBloodMoney
02-20-2014, 10:29 AM
Hope they get it because they stink? The franchise put themselves in that situation. You overpay Larry Sanders because ISH fans were all gaga googoo over the dude. You trade Jennings for B.Knight who simply will never be a PG. Has anyone seen Monta Ellis? Oh he's no longer a Buck, yanno their best scorer and all. Funny part is Milw didn't plan to tank, they in fact were against it. And still stink.

Precisely why people want to see them get the 1st pick.....

GOBB
02-20-2014, 10:31 AM
Precisely why people want to see them get the 1st pick.....

Right because you ignore the front office that put together a shit team unintentionally. Somehow thats much better than intentionally putting together a shit team. Makes a ton of sense, no really it does. :rolleyes:

alenleomessi
02-20-2014, 10:53 AM
getting rid of those two chuckers monta and jennings was the best thing that franchise ever did

niko
02-20-2014, 10:55 AM
Yes, those four years until he leaves to another market will be priceless.

Nick Young
02-20-2014, 10:57 AM
LAL gonna get it, Stern gonna rig it for us to make up for the bullshit veto of the CP3 trade.

Jabari Parker or Embiid, welcome to LA:rockon:

GOBB
02-20-2014, 11:01 AM
getting rid of those two chuckers monta and jennings was the best thing that franchise ever did

Right and they replaced them with Brandon Knight and OJ Mayo. :rolleyes:

JohnFreeman
02-20-2014, 11:04 AM
LAL gonna get it, Stern gonna rig it for us to make up for the bullshit veto of the CP3 trade.

You are getting Randle, accept it. Kings going to be before Lakers :cheers:

ralph_i_el
02-20-2014, 11:05 AM
Stern

you're dumb dude

niko
02-20-2014, 11:05 AM

Stern's not even in charge.

Doctor Rivers
02-20-2014, 11:10 AM
They are 1-21 against 0.500 and above team, and currently they have the worst record in the NBA (10-43).

I love to see them draft a legit franchise player whether it's Andrew Wiggins, Joel Embiid, or Jabari Parker.

I was also a huge fan of the Ray Allen, Sam Cassell, and Glenn Robinson trio in the early 2000's.

thanks

EllEffEll
02-20-2014, 11:12 AM
Not that the team I root for is currently much different :coleman: , but. . . .

It will just be like a finishing school before they move on to a contender as a free agent. Having players that are below average is one thing, and it can potentially be dealt with in relatively short time. Having an inept front office and ownership group is devastating year after year.

The current CBA has helped to make this the current reality, and now it exposes those front office and ownership groups that can't hang with the big boys.

Teams like the Indiana Pacers, San Antonio Spurs, Portland Trailblazers, and the Phoenix Suns (among others) are showing that relatively small market teams can emerge from the pit of mediocrity. And other teams that are BIG market franchises are showing that just because they are located in large metropolitan areas, on-court success is far from guaranteed. It's time for some of those front office and ownership groups to look into the mirror and realize they are staring into the face of ineptitude.

Jasper
02-20-2014, 11:16 AM
jabbar , big dog... that helped the team..

My hope is that package Ersan and get a pick and low block PF.

I am tired of him,,, he broke out 2 years ago .. and has issues with a consistant jumper for a stretch PF..... Skiles was right he is all over the place with his jumper :no: :banghead: :rant

KyrieTheFuture
02-20-2014, 11:20 AM
I want them to get it more than any other lottery team (hoping we make the 8th seed).

Also, I just reviewed the 2005 nba draft, that draft ****ing sucked every good player is washed up now and there weren't that many good ones to begin with. Only CP3 is still standing and most people think he's overrated now.

Jasper
02-20-2014, 11:20 AM
Not that the team I root for is currently much different :coleman: , but. . . .

It will just be like a finishing school before they move on to a contender as a free agent. Having players that are below average is one thing, and it can potentially be dealt with in relatively short time. Having an inept front office and ownership group is devastating year after year.

The current CBA has helped to make this the current reality, and now it exposes those front office and ownership groups that can't hang with the big boys.

Teams like the Indiana Pacers, San Antonio Spurs, Portland Trailblazers, and the Phoenix Suns (among others) are showing that relatively small market teams can emerge from the pit of mediocrity. And other teams that are BIG market franchises are showing that just because they are located in large metropolitan areas, on-court success is far from guaranteed. It's time for some of those front office and ownership groups to look into the mirror and realize they are staring into the face of ineptitude.

right...

I have to remind people on this board before George Karl , there was Don Nelson leading the Bucks to the playoffs for 12 years.

Granted they weren't championship teams but they were always a hard out.
That is where this team needs to get back to ... bull dog mentality

Silver was in town for quite awhile over the summer , indorsing the team and city and having pow-wow's with Kohl

Jasper
02-20-2014, 11:24 AM
correct ... I never liked Jennings ,, a bad disicion maker , plus a an Ellis chucker equals bad locker room.

This board should not diss Sanders... He's a throw back to a 70's player that 6'ers had in Caldwell... great defender / lean and quick

TheMilkyBarKid
02-20-2014, 11:40 AM
you're dumb dude
Dude is a nick young fan, what do u expect?

el gringos
02-20-2014, 11:44 AM
Silver makes deal for his 1st #1 pick. Milwaukee promises to take Embiid and plan for a second consecutive top 4 pick in 2015.

Sanders, illyasova, mayo, Neal
For
Hardaway jr, amare, 2018 1st

Bucks start over w

Knight
Hardaway jr
Giannes
Henson
Embiid

Plus all the cap space possible? That's the Bucks best future possible. If they keep sanders/illyasova/mayo the young guys don't develop and you have all your money spent w over 30 mill a year on those 3.

hawksdogsbraves
02-20-2014, 12:15 PM
Silver makes deal for his 1st #1 pick. Milwaukee promises to take Embiid and plan for a second consecutive top 4 pick in 2015.

For

Bucks start over w

Knight
Hardaway jr
Giannes
Henson
Embiid

Plus all the cap space possible? That's the Bucks best future possible. If they keep sanders/illyasova/mayo the young guys don't develop and you have all your money spent w over 30 mill a year on those 3.

Except then you're stuck with Embiid who can't even make it through a college season without breaking down, god knows what will happen to his body when he tries to make it through an NBA season.

Greg Oden 2.0 and the Bucks stay screwed.

Meanwhile the Sixers grab Parker and go on to become title contenders in three years, and we all look back and wonder why an injury prone big man went before a superstar wing.

el gringos
02-20-2014, 12:24 PM
Except then you're stuck with Embiid who can't even make it through a college season without breaking down, god knows what will happen to his body when he tries to make it through an NBA season.

Greg Oden 2.0 and the Bucks stay screwed.

Meanwhile the Sixers grab Parker and go on to become title contenders in three years, and we all look back and wonder why an injury prone big man went before a superstar wing.
Maybe. But that's why they'll give Milwaukee the 1st pick- because then the teams that get 2 and 3 will feel like they won 1st as well. Silver comes off loved as 3 teams think they won the 1st spot.

D-FENS
02-20-2014, 12:46 PM

This. They don't deserve a top pick. They'll just under develop them and ruin them anyway. I hope the Lakers, Celtics and 76ers all get the top 3 picks. They deserve talented players, because they know how to retain them and how to develop them.

Milbuck
02-20-2014, 01:05 PM

For

Bucks start over w

Knight
Hardaway jr
Giannes
Henson
Embiid

We get anally raped on that trade. Are you ****ing kidding me? Hardaway Jr. is a great young prospect but we're not giving up Sanders, IlyaGOATva, Neal, AND OJ for him. Especially when we have to take back that broken down shell of Amare - who by the way has arguably the worst contract in the NBA.

You've made shitty Knicks-Bucks trades before but this one is probably the worst.

Jasper
02-20-2014, 01:09 PM
We get anally raped on that trade. Are you ****ing kidding me? Hardaway Jr. is a great young prospect but we're not giving up Sanders, IlyaGOATva, Neal, AND OJ for him. Especially when we have to take back that broken down shell of Amare - who by the way has arguably the worst contract in the NBA.

You've made shitty Knicks-Bucks trades before but this one is probably the worst.
el gringo... must be a young buck on this board...

doesn't realize hardaway was in Bucks camp , and didn't cut it.

El-gringo stop talking about the Bucks.:basketball

Marcus Thornton
02-20-2014, 01:13 PM
The Bucks' situation is odd. They wanted to be a playoff team, but are sitting at the bottom. Some of that is probably due to injuries, but I can't help but think that this team is setting up for a good rookie and a big free agent signing this offseason.

TMT
02-20-2014, 01:14 PM
Orlando will be gunning for it during the 2nd half. Either way Parker ends up in that Magic blue. :applause:

Milbuck
02-20-2014, 01:16 PM
The Bucks' situation is odd. They wanted to be a playoff team, but are sitting at the bottom. Some of that is probably due to injuries, but I can't help but think that this team is setting up for a good rookie and a big free agent signing this offseason.
We got the steal of the draft in Giannis. We have a 22 year old guard in Knight who could develop into a very nice scoring option off the bench - he's putting up a respectable 17/3/5 right now. We have a very good PF prospect in Henson. We're in a position to get Embiid, a 7 foot monster 2-way center.

Even if we scrap the rest of our young guys, a core of Knight-Giannis-Henson-Embiid gives us an extremely bright future.

Marcus Thornton
02-20-2014, 01:19 PM
We got the steal of the draft in Giannis. We have a 22 year old guard in Knight who could develop into a very nice scoring option off the bench - he's putting up a respectable 17/3/5 right now. We have a very good PF prospect in Henson. We're in a position to get Embiid, a 7 foot monster 2-way center.

Even if we scrap the rest of our young guys, a core of Knight-Giannis-Henson-Embiid gives us an extremely bright future.
What happened to the future of Sanders?

el gringos
02-20-2014, 01:19 PM
el gringo... must be a young buck on this board...

doesn't realize hardaway was in Bucks camp , and didn't cut it.

El-gringo stop talking about the Bucks.:basketball
Was in their camp? What are you talking about? Do you know who Tim Hardaway Jr is?

Don't talk bucks if you think they could do without 30 mill a year on OJ mayo, illyasova, and sanders? Didn't know you want to headline your team w guys who would be better as role players. Didn't know you valued those guys so much.

Marlo_Stanfield
02-20-2014, 01:21 PM

:applause: :applause:
potential dynasty:roll: :roll: :roll:

Milbuck
02-20-2014, 01:21 PM
What happened to the future of Sanders?
Embiid happened. If we get Embiid, Sanders isn't worth much to us. He hasn't shown to be worth his contract, and we can't have him coming off the bench. If we don't get Embiid, then we should keep him.

That being said, Sanders could still be a great defensive player on any team. He'd surely get us some good talent back.

el gringos
02-20-2014, 01:22 PM

You hate my trades even though I think the same as you on some things. Your last sentence is my explanation for a trade. Hardaway jr would be a great fit

Milbuck
02-20-2014, 01:22 PM
:applause: :applause:
potential dynasty:roll: :roll: :roll:
Explain to me how Giannis and Embiid wouldn't be one of the highest upside 1-2 punches in the league. I'm dying to hear it

el gringos
02-20-2014, 01:24 PM
Embiid happened. If we get Embiid, Sanders isn't worth much to us. He hasn't shown to be worth his contract, and we can't have him coming off the bench. If we don't get Embiid, then we should keep him.

That being said, Sanders could still be a great defensive player on any team. He'd surely get us some good talent back.
Not worth his contract. Surely get you good talent back.

Now I get it. You aren't willing to be realistic

Milbuck
02-20-2014, 01:25 PM
You hate my trades even though I think the same as you on some things. Your last sentence is my explanation for a trade. Hardaway jr would be a great fit
I love Hardaway Jr, that's not my issue. But we could get so much more for those 4 guys. Literally each of those 4 Bucks could get us back a young prospect, except Neal. Sanders himself could probably get us two young guys. I'd take 4-5 young prospects and a vet or two over Hardaway Jr and a pile of trash.

Jasper
02-20-2014, 01:25 PM
Was in their camp? What are you talking about? Do you know who Tim Hardaway Jr is?

Don't talk bucks if you think they could do without 30 mill a year on OJ mayo, illyasova, and sanders? Didn't know you want to headline your team w guys who would be better as role players. Didn't know you valued those guys so much.
:facepalm

college players practice before the draft, and he was in Milwaukee for a week

your an idiot

Milbuck
02-20-2014, 01:26 PM
Not worth his contract. Surely get you good talent back.

Now I get it. You aren't willing to be realistic
He hasn't SHOWN to be worth his contract. Partially because we're tanking and have a moron for a coach. Do you honestly think on a team like the Spurs with Pop, his abilities wouldn't be close to maximized? In terms of pure defensive talent, he's up there with anyone.

Im Still Ballin
02-20-2014, 01:32 PM
Giannis and Embiid would be 2 hot 2 handle

Dat defensive UPside

That Length

dat mobility tho

dem athleticismz tho

Can you hear me say:

DINE - ASSS - TEA

Marcus Thornton
02-20-2014, 01:33 PM

If he could actually show up next season, he may not be as bad as an extension. Bucks have almost 50 mil in the books for next season, could be a good idea to sign a big name free agent considering most of the cast are role players or prospects.

el gringos
02-20-2014, 01:35 PM
:facepalm

college players practice before the draft, and he was in Milwaukee for a week

your an idiot
So because they picked giannes over hardaway he is a nothing?

You might not understand much about the draft process

el gringos
02-20-2014, 01:37 PM
He hasn't SHOWN to be worth his contract. Partially because we're tanking and have a moron for a coach. Do you honestly think on a team like the Spurs with Pop, his abilities wouldn't be close to maximized? In terms of pure defensive talent, he's up there with anyone.
I think it would be more about being on a team that can have a huge payroll so he isn't needed to do more than he does. Yeah he'd be good in the spurs. I think he'd be great on the Knicks w Carmelo and Bargnani fit wise.