PDA

View Full Version : Knicks-Clippers talking Shump/Felton for Collison+

DStebb716
02-19-2014, 01:25 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 25s
Y! Sources: Clippers, Knicks discussing deal centered on Iman Shumpert and Darren Collison. http://yhoo.it/OafpN0

DStebb716
02-19-2014, 01:27 PM
This makes sense for the Knicks to get rid of Felton and his long contract. Clippers get a lot of potential in Shumpert, but it would probably be a mistake for them to move anything much more than Collison.

imdaman99
02-19-2014, 01:29 PM
Collison is a backup man. I don't want to trade 2 starters for 1 backup... not that the starters are any good. Surely Shump can garner something better even if Felton is a negative :rant

christian1923
02-19-2014, 01:31 PM
Clippers could use Shump, they need a wind defender

el gringos
02-19-2014, 01:57 PM
Collison is a backup man. I don't want to trade 2 starters for 1 backup... not that the starters are any good. Surely Shump can garner something better even if Felton is a negative :rant
Yeah that is terrible.

Nets fan 93
02-19-2014, 02:00 PM
Why do Knicks fans love shumpert so much. Such a down season

PejaNowitzki
02-19-2014, 02:16 PM
Knicks fans are mad as hell, earlier they wouldn't even take Dragic for Shumpert, now it looks like all the team will get is a scrub. :oldlol:

Reality is a bitch.

D-FENS
02-19-2014, 02:21 PM
Knicks getting robbed here.
This is a whole new level of incompetence.

If the Clippers get a big man like Hawes to back up Jordan, they may make a push.

niko
02-19-2014, 02:22 PM
We have a coach who has destroyed his confidence. So instead of the coach (who is horrible) leaving, we sell him at his lowest value.

If Plumlee has a down two months, would you trade him for a 2nd round pick at seasons end or want to see if he improves?

niko
02-19-2014, 02:22 PM
Knicks fans are mad as hell, earlier they wouldn't even take Dragic for Shumpert, now it looks like all the team will get is a scrub. :oldlol:

Reality is a bitch.
The Knicks never had a chance to acquire Dragic. Are people insane?

TylerOO
02-19-2014, 02:24 PM

They overrate him like no other

Heavincent
02-19-2014, 02:25 PM
Surely Shump can garner something better even if Felton is a negative :rant

Why? Shumpert has been crap this year. Being young doesn't automatically give you trade value.

bagelred
02-19-2014, 02:29 PM
I'm not really tied to Shumpert or anything...but Knicks are sooooooooo adamant about getting rid of him. They've been trying to trade him since summer, basically because Dolan was pissed at Shump for missing most of Summer League.

They've been relentlessly trying to trade him, even if doesn't make sense.

Eh...whatever...

Illuminati
02-19-2014, 02:31 PM
For some reason, at first glance, I read this as Shump/Felton for Nick Collison on OKC. I was like :wtf:.

niko
02-19-2014, 02:32 PM
Why? Shumpert has been crap this year. Being young doesn't automatically give you trade value.
If you're shopping and there is nothing you want to buy, do you put the money in your pocket? Or tear it up. Or just buy anything.

I don't think Shump has huge value. But that's because he's playing poorly. We can keep him and trade him at seasons end in this same type of deal. That fact makes this an undervaluing of him.

bagelred
02-19-2014, 02:32 PM
Another thought....Collison is a free agent in 2 months. So Knicks are giving away Shumpert for maybe 30 games in a slight upgrade in PG.

So typical Knicks.

hawksdogsbraves
02-19-2014, 02:33 PM
They overrate him like no other

Say what? 7/4 on 38% shooting is pretty damned good. It's only in 27mpg too so if you look at his per 36 stats he's probably an MVP candidate.

Plus he's the best defender in the league, did you not see him shut down Mike Conley last night? Dude only put up like 22/11, if it weren't for Shump it probably would've been 32/20.

Levity
02-19-2014, 02:34 PM
Another thought....Collison is a free agent in 2 months. So Knicks are giving away Shumpert for maybe 30 games in a slight upgrade in PG.

So typical Knicks.

if knicks want collison to be their starting PG next year, theyll have a pretty good shot. dont see what other team would offer him a starting role for next season.

chocolatethunder
02-19-2014, 02:34 PM
Are you serious? On what team other than the Knicks are either of these scrubs starters? Anything and I mean anything that gets you out of Felton's contract is a positive. And why are you in love with Shumpert?

DStebb716
02-19-2014, 02:40 PM

So typical Knicks.

Technically that's not true. He has a player option for next year.
This seems to me like they're trying to make a move to appease Melo for the rest of the year and then dumping Felton's long contract.

DStebb716
02-19-2014, 02:43 PM
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS 8m
I don't see this Shumpert-Collison deal happening, and neither do two people involved in it. "Not likely," they both said.

Demitri98
02-19-2014, 02:46 PM
The Clippers need to do this. As much as some people say Felton sucks, he'd be serviceable (not good, serviceable) for ~10 minutes a game giving CP3 a breather. Having Collison playing that is just crazy, they don't need someone with his talent level in that role. The only decent/good wing defender the Clips have is CP3, but he's just too small to be a real factor on the wing, other than being a pest in the passing lanes. Shump can easily defend 1-3 and will probably start over Dudley. He can handle the task of guarding guys like Durant in the playoffs. Plus he can hit 3's just as good/better than Dudley. This leaves Dudley nothing more than a shooter off the bench, which he should be, and leaves Dudley open to be traded. I think Shump puts the Clippers over the top and turn them into legitament contenders.

No brainer for the Knicks.

KyleKong
02-19-2014, 02:48 PM
I really, really, really don't want fatty Felton on my team. :cry:

bagelred
02-19-2014, 02:50 PM
if knicks want collison to be their starting PG next year, theyll have a pretty good shot. dont see what other team would offer him a starting role for next season.

So the Knicks are gonna give a contract to another 3rd tier PG? Is Collison even better than Felton?

Ugh....

Demitri98
02-19-2014, 02:51 PM
So the Knicks are gonna give a contract to another 3rd tier PG? Is Collison even better than Felton?

Ugh....
By leaps and bounds.

DStebb716
02-19-2014, 02:52 PM

Ugh....

They could be thinking that either Collison picks up his option and they have a decent starter for next season to get them to Rondo's free agency or they could be thinking that they could sign Collison to a semi-cheap one-year deal and do the same. I doubt they sign any non-legit PG to more than one year this offseason.

niko
02-19-2014, 02:54 PM

Ugh....
He's better than Felton last year, much better than this year. I don't like the deal but let's not backtrack to a silly level.

Darius
02-19-2014, 02:58 PM
Collison was 9-4 in the west with CP3 out

aboss4real24
02-19-2014, 03:04 PM
the worst pg in nba

and a injury prone inconsistent plyr

4 a solid startn pg ? DO IT !!!!!!

wally_world
02-19-2014, 03:15 PM
That's right Clips, keep gettin' em tweener guards :lol

DStebb716
02-19-2014, 03:26 PM
This doesn't appear to be happening. I can't imagine the Knicks even considering it if it has to include Jared Dudley.

senelcoolidge
02-19-2014, 03:54 PM
I wouldn't give much for Shumpert. Just because someone was a starter for the Knicks doesn't mean he would be a starter for a good team like the Clippers. Shumpert has potential, but he's overhyped.

imdaman99
02-19-2014, 04:05 PM
If no one wants Shump, I'm ok with keeping him. It's not as if teams need players that can guard the 1-3 positions effectively. I guess Jared Dudley will do a great job on Durant :roll:

Knicks, please keep him and get rid of Potatohead at coach. I don't need to see another PG with shitty defense getting lit up the same as Felton did this year.

niko
02-19-2014, 04:07 PM
I wouldn't give much for Shumpert. Just because someone was a starter for the Knicks doesn't mean he would be a starter for a good team like the Clippers. Shumpert has potential, but he's overhyped.
The clippers have a starting 2G. This would be more for depth, more defense, just to shore them up with all the injuries they seem to always have.

Nets fan 93
02-19-2014, 04:17 PM
We have a coach who has destroyed his confidence. So instead of the coach (who is horrible) leaving, we sell him at his lowest value.

If Plumlee has a down two months, would you trade him for a 2nd round pick at seasons end or want to see if he improves?
I hear what you're saying but one Plumlee is a rookie. Not expecting much at all from him. Two: 2 months does not equal a whole season after acl surgery

niko
02-19-2014, 04:24 PM
I hear what you're saying but one Plumlee is a rookie. Not expecting much at all from him. Two: 2 months does not equal a whole season after acl surgery
Yes but we have mitigating circumstance. A coach who plays him out of position and benches him often in favor of JR Smith. I'd love to see him with a real coach, a defensive minded coach (who would place him man on man and not move him all over). Just for a little while. I hear what you are saying but i feel like we devalued him so much and now want to trade him while devalued.

Doc Rivers once said of the whole Knick roster the player he wanted was Shump. So a much better coach, sees value.

Fiasco
02-19-2014, 05:11 PM
Waiting for the Knicks to offer some more 1sts is my guess.

el gringos
02-19-2014, 05:55 PM
i feel like we devalued him so much and now want to trade him while devalued.

That's exactly it. So was it really a horrible idea to trade chandler and shumpert a year ago? Or did it work out better to wait for their value to plummet?

I still believe that shumpert should be used at pg. he would be even better defending guards than he is defending wings, and you don't need a ball dominant pg, you need a guy to move the ball.

Shumpert could prob make himself 20-30 million extra dollars by becoming a pg. problem is the coach is too dumb to try and the player might be too.

qrich
02-19-2014, 06:09 PM
This was DoA.

Only way Clippers take on the contract of Felton is if Shump is swapped to THJr or a first is included.

Rameek
02-19-2014, 06:16 PM
I dont think that highly of Collinson adding him doesnt really change the knicks situation. Why not trade Shump in a deal to get rid of one of those albatross contracts.

Shump will never reach his potential on this team with Woody.

Reality is a bitch.
This has to be one of the dumbest things I ever read.:facepalm

That's exactly it. So was it really a horrible idea to trade chandler and shumpert a year ago? Or did it work out better to wait for their value to plummet?

I still believe that shumpert should be used at pg. he would be even better defending guards than he is defending wings, and you don't need a ball dominant pg, you need a guy to move the ball.

Shumpert could prob make himself 20-30 million extra dollars by becoming a pg. problem is the coach is too dumb to try and the player might be too.
No matter how many times you say this you will not find a single soul on the planet with an ounce of basketball IQ to buy into this. Give it up you are wasting finger energy on this.

AnaheimLakers24
02-19-2014, 06:40 PM
This makes sense for the Knicks to get rid of Felton and his long contract. Clippers get a lot of potential in Shumpert, but it would probably be a mistake for them to move anything much more than Collison.
they would happily throw in dudley

Marlo_Stanfield
02-19-2014, 06:46 PM
if the knicks didnt even try to get Lin back for those two or for felton and hardaway they are fcking retarded

bdreason
02-19-2014, 06:52 PM
I don't see why the Clipps do this. They don't really need Collison... but they don't need Shump and Felton either. Why do the Clipps keep adding guards when they are stacked at the position? They need a legit big off the bench. Trade Collison for one of those, not Felton and Shump.

qrich
02-19-2014, 06:54 PM
I don't see why the Clipps do this. They don't really need Collison... but they don't need Shump and Felton either. Why do the Clipps keep adding guards when they are stacked at the position? They need a legit big off the bench. Trade Collison for one of those, not Felton and Shump.

Adding more depth.

Allows Clippers to freely deal Dudley and/or Barnes for a big (Hawes?)

bdreason
02-19-2014, 07:33 PM
Adding more depth.

Allows Clippers to freely deal Dudley and/or Barnes for a big (Hawes?)

Clips wanna get another wing player they should go for Deng, or someone who is a legit upgrade at the 3. Their log jam at the 1/2 is going to cause chemistry problems eventually. Maybe that's why they are trying to move Collison.

Fiasco
02-19-2014, 07:42 PM
Clips wanna get another wing player they should go for Deng, or someone who is a legit upgrade at the 3. Their log jam at the 1/2 is going to cause chemistry problems eventually. Maybe that's why they are trying to move Collison.

No point in giving up assets for a definitely rental (Deng), unless they intend to trade Dudley for him which would be addition by subtraction.

andremiller07
02-19-2014, 07:44 PM
The Kings will take Shumpert and Felton if you the Knicks take back Carl Landry or Outlaw with something else.

gyu
02-19-2014, 09:19 PM
Fair trade in my opinion. Collison will thrive in run and gun offense.

niko
02-19-2014, 09:49 PM

A trade is not a bad idea. Your trades are bad idea. You wanted bargs, remember? How is that working out?

MichaelCorleone
02-19-2014, 10:04 PM
Now they moving Shump.:oldlol: :facepalm

Could've had Dragic.:banana: :hammertime: :oldlol:

niko
02-19-2014, 10:16 PM
Now they moving Shump.:oldlol: :facepalm

Could've had Dragic.:banana: :hammertime: :oldlol:
Why do you keep saying that? The Knicks never had trade talks for Dragic. At one point, THIS board posted a topic about it and Knick fans didn't want it. That doesn't mean an actual trade was happening the Knicks turned down.

If you can't tell the difference between chatter on this board and real trade discussion something is seriously wrong with you.

qrich
02-19-2014, 10:23 PM
So I've read Knicks want the Clippers to take on Felton AND give up Bullock? :roll:

:roll:

Almost as bad as when Knick fans said Blake + Jordan wasn't near enough for Melo + Chandler

Draz
02-19-2014, 11:03 PM
For some reason, at first glance, I read this as Shump/Felton for Nick Collison on OKC. I was like :wtf:.
Same

Blue&Orange
02-19-2014, 11:17 PM
this would have been a spectacular trade for the Knicks, getting rid of dead weight and the worst NBA player for a serviceable PG.

Instead i have to watch Chandler on the perimeter putting pressure on the man with the ball and Felton standing still watching instead of helping chandler.

There's no words to describe how bad fatton is.