PDA

View Full Version : What free agent would you hope your team goes after this summer?

Levity
02-05-2014, 02:23 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9947573/nba-free-agents-2014-2015

Im sure everyone wants lebron, but lets try and be a bit more realistic here.

for the lakers, id like them to go after one of Kyle Lowry or Eric Bledsoe

both would be great starting PGs for the lakers for the coming years. Lowry would most likely be more affordable even after his stellar season post rudy gay trade. Bledsoe would be harder to come by, since the suns could match any deal if they wanted, meaning the lakers would have most likely have to pay a substantial amount and hope the suns dont want to match.

and if the lakers were anywhere near contending, id like them to try and go after ariza again. hed be the ultimate glue guy for this team.

if we miss out on both lowry and bledose, then maybe give marshall an extend run as the starting pg, and maybe make an offer to avery bradley for a defensive change the lakers sorely lack.

niko
02-05-2014, 02:26 PM
Any PG who is not a fatass.

Levity
02-05-2014, 02:28 PM
Any PG who is not a fatass.

if melo re-signs, i think a healthy devin harris would look good next to him. but when was the last time we saw a healthy harris

ImKobe
Lakers should go after Lowry or Thomas. Both are virtually the same size and do the same things. I think I'd rather go for Thomas, since he's younger and probably cheaper right now.

HylianNightmare
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9947573/nba-free-agents-2014-2015

Im sure everyone wants lebron, but lets try and be a bit more realistic here.

for the lakers, id like them to go after one of Kyle Lowry or Eric Bledsoe

both would be great starting PGs for the lakers for the coming years. Lowry would most likely be more affordable even after his stellar season post rudy gay trade. Bledsoe would be harder to come by, since the suns could match any deal if they wanted, meaning the lakers would have most likely have to pay a substantial amount and hope the suns dont want to match.

and if the lakers were anywhere near contending, id like them to try and go after ariza again. hed be the ultimate glue guy for this team.

if we miss out on both lowry and bledose, then maybe give marshall an extend run as the starting pg, and maybe make an offer to avery bradley for a defensive change the lakers sorely lack.

marshall is signed through next year right?

Levity
02-05-2014, 02:31 PM
marshall is signed through next year right?

yeah i think. but hes not guaranteed the starting job. however, if we dont make any PG improvements, he may just keep his starting job, even with his terrible D

ProfessorMurder
02-05-2014, 02:32 PM
Celtics get Lance Stephenson.

Rondo/Stephenson/Gerald Wallace

DAT HUSTLE

BUT DAT LACK OF JUMPSHOOTING

Milbuck
02-05-2014, 02:42 PM
My Bucks should definitely try to sign a high-quality sixth man.

Melo and Lebron come to mind instantly.

El Gato Negro
02-05-2014, 02:44 PM
Deng

TheMarkMadsen
02-05-2014, 03:06 PM
Lakers should go for a Lowry, Stephenson, Gortat trio in the off season

salwan
02-05-2014, 03:44 PM
from a celtics perspective only stephenson and monroe would be worthy of a long-term commitment.. but both are unprobable, so just resign bradley pls

OmniStrife
02-05-2014, 03:53 PM
Bledsoe obviously, and K. Love.

TheReturn
02-05-2014, 04:02 PM
Kevin Love or Melo. (Bulls)

Sure there are some better fitting players or more nuanced team building strategies to think of.. I feel we just need a real 2nd option to Rose.

InfiniteBaskets
02-05-2014, 05:08 PM
Thabo's getting paid $3.9M this year, will be interesting to see what he's offered over the summer.

If Miami can re-sign Wade for a pro-rated amount to the number of games he actually plays in during the regular season, with all those contracts coming off the books this year they could throw Thabo something as high as $8 mil/year for 3 years because they're craving athleticism and defense from their older wing guys.

NumberSix
02-05-2014, 05:09 PM
LeBron James

Boarder Patrol
02-05-2014, 05:14 PM
Ivan Johnson for the Knicks. Tough, rebounding/defensive PF/C who will intimidate the hell out of anyone near him, has a decent all around game too.

As far as point guards, Blake would be nice for the minimum.

Godzuki
02-05-2014, 05:15 PM
taj

Olacinco
02-05-2014, 05:30 PM
I hope orlando goes after Lowry now that hedo is off the books..

Also I want to trade for mahinmi

Lowry/jameer
Oladipo/afflalo
Harris/harkless
Vucci/Aaron Gordon
Embiid/mahimi

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Xiao Yao You
02-06-2014, 06:02 AM
if melo re-signs, i think a healthy devin harris would look good next to him. but when was the last time we saw a healthy harris

Or a good Devin Harris?

Kind of depends on Hayward. If he gets overpaid and they have to let him go than they will have money to spend otherwise they'll be looking at one year rentals saving their money to sign Burks and possibly Kanter though it looks like he could be gone eventually. If they have to overpay Hayward I'd front load his contract next year when they will have the money to do so and than he'll be cheap for the remaining years.

Going to depend on who their coach is as to who they need in free agency. I'm guessing Corbin will be gone and they won't be playing Jazz basketball anymore.

RoseCity07
02-06-2014, 06:14 AM
Deng
Ariza
Gortat
Okafor
Marion

RichieW
02-06-2014, 07:53 AM
Marion or Ariza, but I doubt the Spurs will have the cap space for either if we re sign Diaw.

Nowitzki would be a great signing for any contender but he'll retire a Mav

Myth
02-06-2014, 07:55 AM
If healthy, I want to see Blazers go after Okafor as backup C.

JohnFreeman
02-06-2014, 07:56 AM
Love. No one would get rebounds with boogie and love packing the paint

JohnFreeman
02-06-2014, 07:57 AM
If healthy, I want to see Blazers go after Okafor as backup C.
Should make a move for Sanders

fiddy
02-06-2014, 07:57 AM
LeBron James
Should be a nice addition to the Lakers

Myth
02-06-2014, 08:03 AM
Should make a move for Sanders

I'd love to have his talents, but I'm not sure what we have and are willing to give up to get Sanders. Also, Portland is always hesitant about off court issues after the Jail Blazer era, so that would take away from a huge push for him. He'd have to fall in our laps essentially to take that on.

JohnFreeman
02-06-2014, 08:05 AM
I'd love to have his talents, but I'm not sure what we have and are willing to give up to get Sanders. Also, Portland is always hesitant about off court issues after the Jail Blazer era, so that would take away from a huge push for him. He'd have to fall in our laps essentially to take that on.
bring Andre Miller back to ripcity

Myth
02-06-2014, 08:06 AM
bring Andre Miller back to ripcity

I loved Andre, but he would be a terrible fit with this team. Stott's offense is way to reliant on 3 point shooters that can spread the ball to have Andre.

JohnFreeman
02-06-2014, 08:11 AM
Would love to see Melo in portland

Myth
02-06-2014, 08:17 AM
Would love to see Melo in portland

Please no, lol. Portland is a ball movement based team. We don't need the ball to stop at him so I can watch him do jab steps from a triple threat position for half of the shot clock, and then suck at defense on the other end. I don't care how talented of an individual basketball player he is, I am just not convinced that he is good for a team.

JohnFreeman
02-06-2014, 08:21 AM
Please no, lol. Portland is a ball movement based team. We don't need the ball to stop at him so I can watch him do jab steps from a triple threat position for half of the shot clock, and then suck at defense on the other end. I don't care how talented of an individual basketball player he is, I am just not convinced that he is good for a team.
I think it would change if he moved teams.

Out_In_Utah
02-06-2014, 10:00 AM
I think it would change if he moved teams.

didn't change with d'antoni

i just want the Jazz to build through the draft, don't go through free agency until we have a young stud to build around.

JohnFreeman
02-06-2014, 10:02 AM
didn't change with d'antoni

i just want the Jazz to build through the draft, don't go through free agency until we have a young stud to build around.
Trey Burke?

Xiao Yao You
02-06-2014, 10:10 AM
Trey Burke?

probably not

RightToCensor
02-06-2014, 10:18 AM
Chris Bosh
Shane Battier

VelvetHoop
02-06-2014, 11:38 AM
Celtics get Lance Stephenson.

Rondo/Stephenson/Gerald Wallace

DAT HUSTLE

BUT DAT LACK OF JUMPSHOOTING

:oldlol:

I thought of that too. I would like to see someone like Greg Monroe in there at the 5 or Hayward in at the 3 if the team gets shaken up ( like i think it will)

VelvetHoop
02-06-2014, 11:49 AM
Also sidenote: Im glad to see Stephenson has turned out the way he has. Coming out of Highschool and even Out of college I didn't think he would have the game he has now. He obviously had the talent, but i thought he was going to take his $ and run...he put the time in when i didn't think he was going to :applause: