PDA

View Full Version : I'm so proud of Scott Brooks

Thunderfan86
01-30-2014, 01:32 AM
I'm so glad he finally came to his senses and put Perkins ass on the bench. :applause: :applause: :applause:

Everyone knows Perkins is completely useless against the Heat. If he would have put Perkins back in the game we would have lost. There's no doubt about it. Thank you God Brooks!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Edit: Shout out to Perry Jones for coming in the game and taking on the tough task of guarding Lebron James.

MASH Transit
01-30-2014, 01:34 AM
Me too, bruh.

Bibby4Three
01-30-2014, 01:34 AM
True....Bosh was eatin' tho.

Smook A.
01-30-2014, 01:35 AM
Very smart coaching decision by the former Houston Rocket, Scotty Brooks. He's one of the biggest reasons why the Thunder came back and won by double digits. People don't give him enough credit for his coaching

Fudge
01-30-2014, 01:38 AM
Imagine if Perk wasn't the starter for the game. :facepalm But good adjustment by Scotty. ****** bossin it up lately, even stepping up to LeBron tonight. Love what i'm seeing from this four-eyed fck. Keep dem specs on, bud.

KG215
01-30-2014, 01:42 AM
Imagine if Perk wasn't the starter for the game. :facepalm But good adjustment by Scotty. ****** bossin it up lately, even stepping up to LeBron tonight. Love what i'm seeing from this four-eyed fck. Keep dem specs on, bud.
It was the f***ing 2012 Finals all over again. Fell in a quick 18-2 and 22-4 hole. Brooks benches Perkins for good, and OKC outscores the Heat 108-73 the rest of the game.

Smook A.
01-30-2014, 01:45 AM
It was the f***ing 2012 Finals all over again. Fell in a quick 18-2 and 22-4 hole. Brooks benches Perkins for good, and OKC outscores the Heat 108-73 the rest of the game.
That right there shows you how good the Thunder can be with a REAL center

PyrrhusX
01-30-2014, 01:47 AM
Bought tears to my eyes. Now they needa ship that nikka Perkin to some scrub team.

kamil
01-30-2014, 01:58 AM
Congratulations Scott Brooks!

http://media.onsugar.com/files/2011/03/10/5/1485/14850926/88/tpb.jpg

Fudge
01-30-2014, 01:59 AM
Bought tears to my eyes. Now they needa ship that nikka Perkin to some scrub team.
Nah, he may be useless on some nights, especially against teams that run small ball, but he'll be VERY serviceable against teams like SAS, Memphis, and Houston. Indy too, if they end up making the Finals. Brooks just needs to make the proper adjustments versus certain teams. IN BROOKS WE TRUST.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
01-30-2014, 02:00 AM
Nah as much as Pork is a fakkit hes very useful against Fright Coward

KG215
01-30-2014, 02:15 AM
That right there shows you how good the Thunder can be with a REAL center
Fortunately I think we have one lurking in Adams. Just a 20 year rookie right now who's going through the typical ups-and-downs and growing pains young big men go through, but he's shown a lot of promise already.

O_City_Thunder
01-30-2014, 02:20 AM
I wonder how Perkins feels about being benched. Is he taking it like a man? Or is he bitching and complaining to whoever will listen? I'm very curious about this

JGXEN
01-30-2014, 02:22 AM
Nah, he may be useless on some nights, especially against teams that run small ball, but he'll be VERY serviceable against teams like SAS, Memphis, and Houston. Indy too, if they end up making the Finals. Brooks just needs to make the proper adjustments versus certain teams. IN BROOKS WE TRUST.
100% agreed with the bolded text

maybeshewill13
01-30-2014, 02:26 AM
:lol

It was a good move, but a move that everyone has know for a long time. At least he woke to his senses and did it this time. Perkins would actually be a great player for OKC to keep around if only his contract wasn't 9mil. Paying him 3-4 mil could be worth it in case you have to play a team like Houston/SAS/Indy/Memphis in the playoffs.

Al Thorton
01-30-2014, 02:45 AM
Everyone knows Perkins is completely useless against the Heat.

hey man, and I'm really not trying to be contrary for the sake of contrary here, but I disagree with this. Not that Perkins isn't useless against the Heat but just that everyone knows it. Not EVERYONE knows it dude, come on, easy on the altruisms. Great thread though.

Thunderfan86
01-30-2014, 03:12 AM
hey man, and I'm really not trying to be contrary for the sake of contrary here, but I disagree with this. Not that Perkins isn't useless against the Heat but just that everyone knows it. Not EVERYONE knows it dude, come on, easy on the altruisms. Great thread though.
Thanks for clearing that up for me. :cheers:

longtime lurker
01-30-2014, 03:18 AM
Why doesn't Steven Adams get more burn?

Thunderstruck
01-30-2014, 03:21 AM
Depends on matchups. Tonight Adams and Perk were both fish out of water against the Heat. Hence the minutes. Against Houston or Indiana or San Antonio they get more minutes.

LONGTIME
01-30-2014, 04:58 AM

The better question is why doesn't Perry Jones get more burn?

russwest0
01-30-2014, 05:35 AM
We got alpha Scott Brooks tonight and it was badass.

When Chalmers shoved Reggie after the play Brooks was the first there to defend Reggie.

He also had some sequence where he sounded pumped (rarity) and was like "I don't think they can beat us in the halfcourt. So get back on transition. They won't have all year." Or some shit. I'd have to look for the film, but it sounded badass compared to his normal snoozeworthy shit.

He had some badass segments during our most recent Warriors game as well. He looked around and was just like "Who wants to stop Curry? Do you want to?" And looked at I think Reggie and Reggie didn't say shit and he said "Come on, answer me." and then Reggie said "yes." and Curry was locked down rest of the game.

This is a growing experience for him. And with Westbrook returning to the court in a few weeks or so it's gonna be badass because Brooks is managing all of our young players well and Westbrook is basically a HC out there on the floor.

blacknapalm
01-30-2014, 05:44 AM
it took him long enough. perk is one of the worst starters in the league...to the point, he shouldn't be starting. he has bad hands, can't finish, has no range, gets too untimely techs and flagrant, sets moving screens, etc.

adams and jones should continue to get more burn, period. if brooks reverts back to being loyal, he's back to square one. OKC is simply a better overall team when perk plays less minutes most nights.

RighteousMax
01-30-2014, 07:26 AM
its just not his time yet.

Spokelahoma
01-30-2014, 07:29 AM
He coached a hell of a game tonight. IMO he gets way more criticism on here than he deserves

GaryRaymond23
01-30-2014, 09:47 AM
It's downright scary how good the Thunder's bench can become ..

Reggie Jackson
Jeremy Lamb
Perry Jones
Steven Adams

They'd have a legitimate shot at beating the Bucks.

maybeshewill13
01-30-2014, 09:50 AM
it took him long enough. perk is one of the worst starters in the league...to the point, he shouldn't be starting. he has bad hands, can't finish, has no range, gets too untimely techs and flagrant, sets moving screens, etc.

adams and jones should continue to get more burn, period. if brooks reverts back to being loyal, he's back to square one. OKC is simply a better overall team when perk plays less minutes most nights.

Perk has a legit role against the Rockets/Grizz/SAS/Indi, but that's about it.

blacknapalm
01-30-2014, 09:56 AM
Perk has a legit role against the Rockets/Grizz/SAS/Indi, but that's about it.

won't disagree, but he's strictly a 'matchup guy' and even that is starting to dwindle. so like you said, he can do better vs. certain teams but there's no way this guy should get 27+ish minutes vs. almost any other team.

maybeshewill13
01-30-2014, 10:02 AM
won't disagree, but he's strictly a 'matchup guy' and even that is starting to dwindle. so like you said, he can do better vs. certain teams but there's no way this guy should get 27+ish minutes vs. almost any other team.
Totally agreed. That's why I think he'd be a perfect fit for contending teams if they were paying him 3-4 mil a year and only playing him when needed. Problem is OKC is paying him 9.

NumberSix
01-30-2014, 10:02 AM
This is exactly why Brooks is a bad coach. He probably should have saved that move for a potential finals matchup. You don't give Spo half a season to prepare for it.

All Net
01-30-2014, 10:03 AM
After he was benched Miami got outscored 96-60 I think.

maybeshewill13
01-30-2014, 10:05 AM
This is exactly why Brooks is a bad coach. He probably should have saved that move for a potential finals matchup. You don't give Spo half a season to prepare for it.
Spo can't counter it. Miami plays small, that's what they do. What do you think he can do to make any difference? Start Oden? :lol

pegasus
01-30-2014, 12:04 PM
It must have been very encouraging for the OKC to see that they can play Miami's style of game and comfortably beat them at it. They have the younger, fresher legs with more athleticism, so it wasn't a fluke game even though their 3's won't always fall like that.

With a healthy WB, they can actually beat the Heat in a series despite almost half of their rotation barely having any playoff experience. I can actually see Lebron pulling a 2010 and losing in the ECF to avoid facing the true King.:lol

KG215
01-30-2014, 04:54 PM
I think after last night we should start seeing him get more minutes against smallball teams. He's probably not ever going to live up to his full potential, but I do think he's already shown flashes of being able to be a very valuable defensive player who can also knock down the corner three. The thing I like most about Perry is that, at 6'11", he can defend at least 3 positions, if not four. Think about this lineup against smallball teams:

Westbrook
Reggie
PJ3
Durant
Ibaka

That lineup has a ton of potential defensively. You could even replace Reggie with Lamb to get even more length and athleticism on the court, and also space the floor a little better since teams will honor Lamb's 3P shot more than Reggie's. And if KD, Russ, and Serge all three are really "on", then you could just have Thabo in there at SG for what could be a smothering defensive lineup.

sammichoffate
01-30-2014, 07:28 PM
It must have been very encouraging for the OKC to see that they can play Miami's style of game and comfortably beat them at it. They have the younger, fresher legs with more athleticism, so it wasn't a fluke game even though their 3's won't always fall like that.

With a healthy WB, they can actually beat the Heat in a series despite almost half of their rotation barely having any playoff experience. I can actually see Lebron pulling a 2010 and losing in the ECF to avoid facing the true King.:lolIf Brooks actually had an offensive philosophy/system in place, i'm almost positive a dynasty would form in OKC starting this year. Right now he just relies on Durant and Westbrook to create, which isn't a good in the long run.

MASH Transit
01-30-2014, 07:51 PM

We need to turn he, Thabo, and a draft into Andy V. or Arron Afflalo.

MASH Transit
01-30-2014, 07:55 PM
Fortunately I think we have one lurking in Adams. Just a 20 year rookie right now who's going through the typical ups-and-downs and growing pains young big men go through, but he's shown a lot of promise already.

Adams is going to be a stud, and a top 5 player from last years draft. I see him developing into up a 12/10 guy with excellent defense in the mold of a Noah or Tyson Chandler.

Oh yea, and folks need to watch out for Jones III. He'll never score, but he's the new Nick Collison. Always hustling, making good decisions, playing defense, running the floor, etc. Dude does it all.