PDA

View Full Version : Prove me wrong KG at his peak was the most complete/versatile player in NBA history

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
01-25-2014, 02:49 AM
He was an elite scorer for PF
his midrange was money and his shooting overall was too (FTs)
Arguable the best big man passer ever could work high post and facilitate. Could play point forward or even point center like Doc Rivers had him w/
One of the best rebounders ever
One of the best defenders eve
Best pickandroll defender ever
Elite shotblocker could switch on and guard perimeter players effectively (shut down peak Tmac)
Could run the break and was consistently top 20 in finishing at rim
Had a good low post game but it wasnt as elite as high post so he went there more. At his peak he abused players like Webber and Sheed in the low post
My nikka had it all:applause:

The only thing he didnt do at an elite level was shoot 3s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQE2EAo__iI
He was the only TWolf to hit a FG in the 4th quarter where he scored 14 of the Wolves 21 points, including 13 straight to account for every Wolves point from the 11:30 mark to the 3:10 second mark. Also shut down the elite Kings offense by himself the 2nd half and had a blocked shot and with 4 seconds left to help seal the win on his 28th birthday.:applause: :applause:

JohnFreeman
01-25-2014, 02:50 AM
Jordan?

Magic 32
01-25-2014, 02:52 AM
Arguable the best big man passer ever could work high post and facilitate. Could play point forward or even point center like Doc Rivers had him w/
Elite shotblocker could switch on and guard perimeter players effectively (shut down peak Tmac)
Had a good low post game but it wasnt as elite as high post so he went there more. At his peak he abused players like Webber and Sheed in the low post

He was the only TWolf to hit a FG in the 4th quarter where he scored 14 of the Wolves 21 points, including 13 straight to account for every Wolves point from the 11:30 mark to the 3:10 second mark. Also shut down the elite Kings offense by himself the 2nd half and had a blocked shot and with 4 seconds left to help seal the win on his 28th birthday.:applause: :applause:

He settled for jumpshots during his peak.

moe94
01-25-2014, 02:53 AM
Grant Hill
Pippen
Jordan
Hakeem
KG

He's definitely up there and that statement isn't too crazy.

IGOTGAME
01-25-2014, 02:53 AM
Was not an elite scorer for a pf.

Disappeared in close games for much of his career.

Was reluctant to post up as much as he should.

But because of people like you he will be overrated when retires similar to Hakeem.

Lebron is prob the guy who could do the most...

moe94
01-25-2014, 02:55 AM
But because of people like you he will be overrated when retires similar to Hakeem.

What's up with this nonsense people try to push these days?

Fire Colangelo
01-25-2014, 02:57 AM
Not an elite scorer by any means, but very versatile, probably the most versatile player we've ever seen. Would take him over Duncan to start my team.

Legends66NBA7
01-25-2014, 02:58 AM
Grant Hill
Pippen
Jordan
Hakeem
KG

How would you rate Grant Hill's defense ?

moe94
01-25-2014, 02:59 AM
How would you rate Grant Hill's defense ?

Certainly not on the level of the other names listed.

Fazotronic
01-25-2014, 03:00 AM
was never the closer for his team tho.

IGOTGAME
01-25-2014, 03:01 AM
Not an elite scorer by any means, but very versatile, probably the most versatile player we've ever seen. Would take him over Duncan to start my team.
You would be a fool. Even Colangelo would know better...

Legends66NBA7
01-25-2014, 03:02 AM
Certainly not on the level of the other names listed.

Same.

Grant Hill or Paul George ?

He would have turned Garnett and Duncan into Bargnani. Make them shoot 3's and take step back long 2's.

Marlo_Stanfield
01-25-2014, 03:03 AM
LeBron"The King" James:bowdown: :bowdown:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
01-25-2014, 03:03 AM
Same.

Grant Hill or Paul George ?

He would have turned Garnett and Duncan into Bargnani. Make them shoot 3's and take step back long 2's.
Grant was better overall but George is a far better defender

Fire Colangelo
01-25-2014, 03:07 AM

Colangelo would take bargs...

In all seriousness I think Garnett would have done just as well as Duncan if he was drafted by an organization like the spurs.

Prometheus
01-25-2014, 03:22 AM
Grant Hill
Pippen
Jordan
Hakeem
KG

where's bron?

chocolatethunder
01-25-2014, 03:43 AM
Not only was he not arguably the best passing big man ever, he's not even in the discussion. He's an awesome player and a hall of famer but he was a guy who shrunk in big games and didn't want to take the big shots. I'm sorry but he was. He is not a number one guy, it's just not his nature in spite of all that false bravado and chest pounding he does. Great player but not the most versatile ever.

ABfor3
01-25-2014, 03:45 AM
Not a big LeBron fan to say the least, but I gotta pay respect when respect is due..he's the most complete and versatile player we've probably ever seen.

Prometheus
01-25-2014, 03:49 AM
Not only was he not arguably the best passing big man ever, he's not even in the discussion. He's an awesome player and a hall of famer but he was a guy who shrunk in big games and didn't want to take the big shots. I'm sorry but he was. He is not a number one guy, it's just not his nature in spite of all that false bravado and chest pounding he does. Great player but not the most versatile ever.

i never understood why people were so intimidated by kg. he just seemed all bark to me

k0kakw0rld
01-25-2014, 03:51 AM
Grant Hill
Pippen
Jordan
Hakeem
KG

Jason Kidd is the most complete player in nba history

aj1987
01-25-2014, 03:52 AM
Only if you exclude scoring.

moe94
01-25-2014, 03:54 AM
Only if you exclude scoring.
:roll:

Hell was he thinking?

Harison
01-25-2014, 04:05 AM
KG definitely has an argument for the most complete player in history:

* Great scorer, 22-26 PPG in prime, imagine if he had someone like Stockton feeding him? He would be in Malone's scoring territory, just probably not as efficient.

* Underrated in the clutch. His clutch stats is carbon copy of Duncan's. When KG won a championship, he was also by far the best closer for the Celtics, much better than prime Pierce and Ray, who are among the clutchiest players in NBA.

* One of the best passing big man's in NBA's history.

* Elite rebounder.

* One of the best defenders in NBA's history. There are two main aspects - personal defense (there were few defenders I would take over KG) and orchestrating entire team's defense/communication/holding everyone accountable. In the latter KG can only be rivaled by Russell, and combination of both - also only Russell was a bit better IMO.

* Has excellent intangibles and leadership.

Sarcastic
01-25-2014, 04:08 AM
Wilt Chamberlain is the greatest rebounder of all time, 1st or 2nd best scorer of all time, and led the league in assists for a season. On top of that he is the greatest rim protector of all time.

Show me another player that can claim that much.

aj1987
01-25-2014, 04:09 AM

* Great scorer, 22-26 PPG in prime, imagine if he had someone like Stockton feeding him? He would be in Malone's scoring territory, just probably not as efficient.
When did he average 26 PPG? Isn't his highest 24?

Harison
01-25-2014, 04:11 AM
When did he average 26 PPG? Isn't his highest 24?
24.2 PPG in RS, and peaked at 27.0 in the Playoffs.

aj1987
01-25-2014, 04:12 AM
24.2 PPG in RS, and peaked at 27.0 in the Playoffs.
Oh, ok. I thought that you were talking about the RS.

moe94
01-25-2014, 04:15 AM
Wilt Chamberlain is the greatest rebounder of all time, 1st or 2nd best scorer of all time, and led the league in assists for a season. On top of that he is the greatest rim protector of all time.

Wilt doesn't count. He was too good. :coleman:

Harison
01-25-2014, 04:17 AM

If personal records would be all that matters, then yes. Problem with Wilt is huge drop off in the Playoffs, and non-existent intangibles and leadership. Neither he was quaterbacking the D like KG or Russell, Wilt was solely relying on his personal talents. Since we are talking about the most complete player, Wilt hardly qualifies.

T_L_P
01-25-2014, 04:17 AM

* Underrated in the clutch. His clutch stats is carbon copy of Duncan's. When KG won a championship, he was also by far the best closer for the Celtics, much better than prime Pierce and Ray, who are among the clutchiest players in NBA.

* One of the best passing big man's in NBA's history.

* Elite rebounder.

* One of the best defenders in NBA's history. There are two main aspects - personal defense (there were few defenders I would take over KG) and orchestrating entire team's defense/communication/holding everyone accountable. In the latter KG can only be rivaled by Russell, and combination of both - also only Russell was a bit better IMO.

* Has excellent intangibles and leadership.

Do you not think Duncan is in the convo for orchestrating the defense?

Marlo_Stanfield
01-25-2014, 04:18 AM

thats why hes the GOAT. moving like a Gazelle in 7

bdreason
01-25-2014, 04:20 AM
Duncan and Hakeem were both more complete/versatile bigmen.

Harison
01-25-2014, 04:27 AM
Do you not think Duncan is in the convo for orchestrating the defense?

Duncan is an excellent team defender, but is he as vocal as KG/Rus? Not what I have seen, and if teammates under-perform, does he light up fire under their asses? Thats not his style either. He mainly leads by example, and while its great, its one of the aspects, some players in history did more than that.

bizil
01-25-2014, 04:50 AM
I think in terms of 7 footers or guys who's primary position is a big man spot (PF or C), KG is the most complete ever. KG was a 7 footer who rebounded with the best for sure, but was a freak athlete and actually able to play SF on offense and defense. To top it off, he had point forward instincts and was giving u 25 a night at his peak. Gotta remember KG came in the L as a SF. I feel Bron and KG on both sides of the rock have a versatility that's unmatched. Bron holds it down for perimeter guys and The Ticket holds it down for the bigs. It's hard for me to decide. But I do find it VERY FREAKISH for a 7 footer to do the things KG brought to the table. However, the shit Bron can do is of course sick as hell as well. They stand in their own lane in term of dominant versatility in all facets in my book!

When it comes to PF's, KG and Timmy are by far the best two way players in terms of offense and defense. That's also a major factor that PF spot! I think Anthony Davis has the potential to be the most similar to KG. For a 7 footer to be as athletic and skilled as a KG is truly a marvel As great as guys like David or Hakeem are, they aren't quite as skilled perimeter wise as KG. But yet KG rebounds just as good. It's not like KG was a European big with just perimeter skills. He also had the big man facets too. KG for all intensive purposes was the Undertaker of the NBA when it comes to a big man with the skills and athleticism of a much smaller man!

SpanishACB
01-25-2014, 04:53 AM
he coudln't and can't dribble nor handle the ball.

Can't be the most complete player those are two basic basketball skills.

ProfessorMurder
01-25-2014, 05:06 AM

LOLWUT

SpanishACB
01-25-2014, 05:13 AM
LOLWUT

He could dribble decently and had ball security for a PF but that's about it.

It's not like he could play point guard, how could he be the most complete basketball player ever? Could he run an offense?

Better defender than Magic, better rebounder than Magic, better scorer than Magic but Magic was more complete because unlike Garnett, Magic could do it all to a respetable level whilst KG was just very elite at many things, but not the most complete but like I said he'd be turning it over possesion after possesion if he was asked to be the main handler or run an offense. Most complete big man ever? maybe. Player? nope.

Harison
01-25-2014, 05:19 AM

Can't be the most complete player those are two basic basketball skills.
You probably unaware, KG actually played point guard in Minny when team's both PG's were injured :D

You can also watch his handles and crossovers in this game, one of many:

http://youtu.be/WZdXQIezguo?t=2m34s

CavaliersFTW
01-25-2014, 06:03 AM

Wilt was guarded by 6 foot white centers like Billy the Kid, Johnny Appleseed, and Buffalo Bill in the pioneer days though. NBA players back then had to learn how to hunt for their own food and build their own log cabins in the offseason.

BigTicket
01-25-2014, 06:59 AM
KG is the only player in NBA history who is top 50 all time in all the 5 main categories:

15th all time in points
10th all time in rebounds
50th all time in assists
16th all time in steals
18th all time in blocks

BoutPractice
01-25-2014, 08:09 AM
He's up there but in terms of impact defense (genuine defense, not just steals and blocks) was where he was truly elite when compared to the all-time greats. His defense was game changing.

He was merely 'proficient' or 'skilled' in the other areas of the game... and there's quite a gap between good and great. It's a nonlinear thing: the added value between very good and great is much, much greater at the NBA level than the added value between good and very good. For example there's a huge difference scoring wise between a KG and a Kevin Durant. At their peak this difference may only be, on the face of it, 5 ppg... but on the basketball court this difference is everything. Once you reach a certain level in one aspect of the game your mastery of it becomes 'game changing'. For KG, that was defense.

andgar923
01-25-2014, 08:32 AM

Not sure if he's what you mentioned, but I always always always include him in my starting lineup lists. I also don't have an issue as ranking him the BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER EVER.

The man could guard every position better and with more consistency than everybody perhaps ever. I doubt Russell could be as effective at guarding modern day point guards like he could.

ImKobe
01-25-2014, 08:36 AM
He was as good at scoring the ball as he was in rebounding and defense, he couldn't play like a PG but he could certainly make plays for his teammates, he had good vision.

Ancient Legend
01-25-2014, 08:49 AM

:roll:

A terrible shooter will never be considered a complete player.

GoranDragon
01-25-2014, 08:54 AM
The most complete and versatile players in NBA history are Lebron James and Michael Jordan. This is not even a debate.

Ancient Legend
01-25-2014, 08:57 AM
KG is the only player in NBA history who is top 50 all time in all the 5 main categories:

15th all time in points
10th all time in rebounds
50th all time in assists
16th all time in steals
18th all time in blocks

Hakeem was more complete player than KG at his peak:
26.1 ppg 13.0 rpg 3.5 apg 1.8 spg 4.1 bpg

KG's best season:
24.2 ppg 13.9 rpg 5.0 apg 1.5 spg 2.2 bpg

Hakeem also was the closer that KG never was.

The JKidd Kid
01-25-2014, 10:36 AM
KG was the perfect big man. You could literally play anyone with him. You got a scoring C/PF that plays no D or rebounds? KG can cover that. You got a big man that has no range? KG can spread the floor for him. You got a PG that thrives in the pick and roll? KG is arguably the most versatile roll man of all time. I honestly think he's underrated, top 15 player all time IMO. The Man could literally do anything and was a blessing for any GM when trying to build a team around him.

chocolatethunder
01-25-2014, 11:12 AM
KG was the perfect big man. You could literally play anyone with him. You got a scoring C/PF that plays no D or rebounds? KG can cover that. You got a big man that has no range? KG can spread the floor for him. You got a PG that thrives in the pick and roll? KG is arguably the most versatile roll man of all time. I honestly think he's underrated, top 15 player all time IMO. The Man could literally do anything and was a blessing for any GM when trying to build a team around him.
He wasn't a blessing to build arojnd because although he could do all those things, he just wasn't a number one guy. That's not his mindset. It's not bad it's just like Rasheed, def a dude you want on your team but ultimately he was a great complimentary player like in Boston, not a number one. Just like Pippen. There's no shame in that because they ae necessary and great players but they're not player you build around they are players who are pieces that you use to build around a number one guy.

secund2nun
01-25-2014, 02:51 PM
KG is very underrated and definitely one of the most complete players ever. KG's scoring was good, but not great. Lebron is probably more complete though.

secund2nun
01-25-2014, 02:54 PM
He wasn't a blessing to build arojnd because although he could do all those things, he just wasn't a number one guy. That's not his mindset. It's not bad it's just like Rasheed, def a dude you want on your team but ultimately he was a great complimentary player like in Boston, not a number one. Just like Pippen. There's no shame in that because they ae necessary and great players but they're not player you build around they are players who are pieces that you use to build around a number one guy.

KG was easily a number one guy. He is one of the best players of all time. He was one of the best defenders and rebounds in the NBA. That's a number 1 mindset. He was also one of the best passing big men ever, probably of all time. There is more to the game than scoring you know...plus he was a good scorer anyways.

We need to get rid of these ridiculous idea that if you are not some gunner you are not a #1 guy. Defense and rebounding are just as equal components of the game as scoring.

Fazotronic
01-25-2014, 02:55 PM

KG's best season:

:applause:

SsKSpurs21
01-25-2014, 04:00 PM
David was just as good

29.8 pts 10.7rebs 4.8ast 1.7stls 3.2 blks --points peak

25.6 pts 13rebs 2.5ast 1.5stls 3.9 blks ---sophomore season

Milbuck
01-25-2014, 04:24 PM
MJ

guy
01-25-2014, 04:36 PM
Possibly. Probably could say the same about Lebron. Either way, I don't think there's one player that could literally do everything at a respectable level. KG can't literally play point or shoot 3s. Lebron can't effectively guard centers (yes, this is a myth). Magic can't play great defense. Jordan can't guard big men. All the elite centers can't handle the ball like a guard. There's no player that can literally shoot defend every position, score inside and outside including 3, run an offense and be an elite passer/playmaker, rebound, etc at a respectable level.

And lets not forget though, being the most complete or versatile doesn't necessarily mean they are better then someone who isn't.

rmt
01-25-2014, 04:47 PM
And lets not forget though, being the most complete or versatile doesn't necessarily mean they are better then someone who isn't.

Yep, give me the less-dimensional Shaq over the versatile KG any day.

IGOTGAME
01-25-2014, 04:47 PM
Possibly. Probably could say the same about Lebron. Either way, I don't think there's one player that could literally do everything at a respectable level. KG can't literally play point or shoot 3s. Lebron can't effectively guard centers (yes, this is a myth). Magic can't play great defense. Jordan can't guard big men. All the elite centers can't handle the ball like a guard. There's no player that can literally shoot defend every position, score inside and outside including 3, run an offense and be an elite passer/playmaker, rebound, etc at a respectable level.

I disagree, I think Lebron could guard centers at a respectable level. It would just drain him and wouldnt be worth it for the team.

rmt
01-25-2014, 04:50 PM
I disagree, I think Lebron could guard centers at a respectable level. It would just drain him and wouldnt be worth it for the team.

That's not a long-term prospect - can't do it for even a whole game - would wear him down and he'd be much less effective on offense.

jalbert009
01-25-2014, 04:54 PM

Good Post but Then again KG and arguably Lebron are probably the 2 best players that can at least play all 5 positions out of the history of NBA players despite what you have identified they can't do really well in your post. :bowdown:

kshutts1
01-25-2014, 04:59 PM
Lebron James
Oscar Robertson
Chris Webber(not as good as the others, but in his prime he was a monster)
Pippen
Jordan
Hakeem
KG
Wilt

FYP

chocolatethunder
01-25-2014, 05:08 PM
KG was easily a number one guy. He is one of the best players of all time. He was one of the best defenders and rebounds in the NBA. That's a number 1 mindset. He was also one of the best passing big men ever, probably of all time. There is more to the game than scoring you know...plus he was a good scorer anyways.

We need to get rid of these ridiculous idea that if you are not some gunner you are not a #1 guy. Defense and rebounding are just as equal components of the game as scoring.
I'm not sure if you read what I said. Yes he was a great player, one of the best ever but being the best defender or rebounder doesn't make you a number one guy, otherwise rodman would have been that guy. Scottie Pippen is easlily one of the best players ever and he was not a number one guy. Probably the best perimeter defender ever so you're saying that's a number one mindset? No, it's not. KG was not a big game or big shot player. You have to be that to be the number one guy and he wasn't. He repeatedly shied away from taking big shots and often shrunk in crunch time. Maybe you're too young to have seen those games but I was an adult when he came into the league.

IGOTGAME
01-25-2014, 05:36 PM
I'm not sure if you read what I said. Yes he was a great player, one of the best ever but being the best defender or rebounder doesn't make you a number one guy, otherwise rodman would have been that guy. Scottie Pippen is easlily one of the best players ever and he was not a number one guy. Probably the best perimeter defender ever so you're saying that's a number one mindset? No, it's not. KG was not a big game or big shot player. You have to be that to be the number one guy and he wasn't. He repeatedly shied away from taking big shots and often shrunk in crunch time. Maybe you're too young to have seen those games but I was an adult when he came into the league.

this will all be lost in history and people will start arguing that he was better than Kobe/Duncan and kids will believe it...just coming to realize it is what it is...

scm5
01-25-2014, 05:42 PM
Hakeem and Drob..

secund2nun
01-25-2014, 05:51 PM

I watched KG. Number 1 guy means being the best player on a title team...and KG is easily that. You said KG was a complimentary guy....which I completely disagree with. KG was an elite defender, elite rebounder, great passer for a big man, and good scorer. That is not a complimentary player. That is a elite superstar who is one of the greatest of all time and easily a number 1 guy. Like I said, there is more to the game than scoring. Not every player needs to be in the MJ mold to be a number 1 guy.

Now if you are talking about number 1 scoring option KG is not ideal for that, but he can handle that. He was a good scorer. He wasn't Rodman or Ben Wallace.

veilside23
01-25-2014, 06:11 PM
You have to be that to be the number one guy and he wasn't. He repeatedly shied away from taking big shots and often shrunk in crunch time. Maybe you're too young to have seen those games but I was an adult when he came into the league.

I find it funny that this knack on KG still looms why because he played with 2 players who are all past their primes and he needed to have good team mates to win a ring? The year when they won the ring
KG 20.4 pts
pierce 19.7

when he was in twolves he is the only option
so were do you get the fact that he isnt a 1st option in scoring?

9 buzzer beaters for KG same with TD .
KG has more buzzer beater than Tony Parker Chauncy Billups
kg had 33 buzzer beater attempts
dirk has 12 out of 37 kobe bryant has 14 out of 56
lebron has 17 out of 50..

so please post facts about kg not being a "closer" and not a scorer.

just because he has been in the league for almost 20 years and the past couple of years is just a shadow of what he was i though you said you were able to see his prime how can you say he isnt a #1 option also people disregard the fact that he has been dominant for longer than most all time great .

IGOTGAME
01-25-2014, 06:53 PM
I find it funny that this knack on KG still looms why because he played with 2 players who are all past their primes and he needed to have good team mates to win a ring? The year when they won the ring
KG 20.4 pts
pierce 19.7

when he was in twolves he is the only option
so were do you get the fact that he isnt a 1st option in scoring?

9 buzzer beaters for KG same with TD .
KG has more buzzer beater than Tony Parker Chauncy Billups
kg had 33 buzzer beater attempts
dirk has 12 out of 37 kobe bryant has 14 out of 56
lebron has 17 out of 50..

so please post facts about kg not being a "closer" and not a scorer.

just because he has been in the league for almost 20 years and the past couple of years is just a shadow of what he was i though you said you were able to see his prime how can you say he isnt a #1 option also people disregard the fact that he has been dominant for longer than most all time great .

yup, it begins.

KG was never a closer. He couldnt be counted on to create buckets down the stretch of games...sorry there isnt a stat for that. unless you wanna look up unassisted buckets in the last 5 minutes of close games...even though its no substitute for watching him play hot potato years.

veilside23
01-25-2014, 07:07 PM
yup, it begins.

KG was never a closer. He couldnt be counted on to create buckets down the stretch of games...sorry there isnt a stat for that. unless you wanna look up unassisted buckets in the last 5 minutes of close games...even though its no substitute for watching him play hot potato years.

There is http://82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm

kblaze also posted a fact about this on a thread for TD VS KG .

fragokota
01-25-2014, 08:00 PM

:biggums:

Replay32
01-25-2014, 08:11 PM
Was not an elite scorer for a pf.

Disappeared in close games for much of his career.

Was reluctant to post up as much as he should.

Lebron is prob the guy who could do the most...

This sentence deserves a temporary ban. :facepalm

ProfessorMurder
01-25-2014, 08:24 PM
this will all be lost in history and people will start arguing that he was better than Kobe/Duncan and kids will believe it...just coming to realize it is what it is...

At worst Duncan and KG are equal, both were the best in the league at one point.

Kobe is overrated.

Pointguard
01-25-2014, 08:37 PM
There is http://82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm

kblaze also posted a fact about this on a thread for TD VS KG .
Isn't it amazing that this guy doesn't know this yet?

Pointguard
01-25-2014, 08:58 PM

KG's best season:

Hakeem couldn't even play PF good, much less any other position. He was a straight up center. The versatility argument isn't close there. KG could play setup player as well.

guy
01-25-2014, 10:52 PM

For a whole game? No he couldn't. And I don't mean guys like DJ Mbenga. A lot of non-centers could guard dudes like that. The fact that you're saying it would drain him and it wouldn't be worth it for the team means he can't guard centers at a respectable level.

IGOTGAME
01-25-2014, 10:59 PM
At worst Duncan and KG are equal, both were the best in the league at one point.

Kobe is overrated.
Kg was never the best in the league.

bizil
01-26-2014, 05:22 AM
In that era post MJ intially, Kobe picked a team that he would love to roll with. He picked himself, T Mac, KG, Duncan, and Shaq. That was Kobe's starting five if it was his way. The elephant in the room frankly was a 7 foot stud starting at the SF. It's none other than KG! That right there goes to show the versatility and greatness of The Big Ticket! He could have easily put AI, Kidd, or Nash as his PG and bump T Mac to SF. But he chose to go extra big with his lineup. So for those that say KG isn't the most versatile 7 footer ever, I gotta question that logic. In terms of the most versatile ever, it comes down to him and Lebron flat out. U gotta factor both sides of the floor. So that eliminates Magic. Then u gotta factor the guys who come closest to being able to play and defend all five positions. When u look at it like that, it's clear to me it comes down to Bron and KG!

moe94
01-26-2014, 05:25 AM
In that era post MJ intially, Kobe picked a team that he would love to roll with. He picked himself, T Mac, KG, Duncan, and Shaq. That was Kobe's starting five if it was his way. The elephant in the room frankly was a 7 foot stud starting at the SF. It's none other than KG! That right there goes to show the versatility and greatness of The Big Ticket! He could have easily put AI, Kidd, or Nash as his PG and bump T Mac to SF. But he chose to go extra big with his lineup. So for those that say KG isn't the most versatile 7 footer ever, I gotta question that logic. In terms of the most versatile ever, it comes down to him and Lebron flat out. U gotta factor both sides of the floor. So that eliminates Magic. Then u gotta factor the guys who come closest to being able to play and defend all five positions. When u look at it like that, it's clear to me it comes down to Bron and KG!
http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/4-the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif

bizil
01-26-2014, 05:30 AM

I think a peak Shaq was the man in that era post MJ initially. But after that, u got Duncan, Kobe, and KG. Historically, I think Kobe is the man of that era GOAT wise. He complied the best resume flat out over time. But Shaq and Duncan are of course firmly in the top 10 GOAT. KG due to the ring count is more in that top 15 to 20 range. But KG for a given season u could argue was the best player in the L. He has an MVP and was the most versatile big man ever. So in that sense in 2004, u could argue KG was the best in that given season.

moe94
01-26-2014, 05:34 AM

Shaq began his descent. Duncan was not better. No one else was even close, including Kobe. Stop.

Audio One
01-26-2014, 06:22 AM

:applause:

backb0ard
01-26-2014, 06:58 AM
This dude had the biggest balls on that Minnesota team.

http://i.minus.com/ibqJreWVwi9WxA.jpg