PDA

View Full Version : Greece Is Coming To The 2014 FIBA World Cup

Euroleague
01-21-2014, 04:24 PM
All you haters can STFU now. Greece qualified to the 2014 FIBA World Cup, as one of the two wild cards from Europe, along with Turkey.

According to inside info, per FIBA.

Black and White
01-21-2014, 04:25 PM
Is this v-spans team? Would love to see Giannis play and out-perform him

Boarder Patrol
01-21-2014, 04:27 PM
When V-Span, one of the worst NBA players of all time, is your country's best athlete, it's over. Greece should be banned from international sports competitions.

Budadiiii
01-21-2014, 04:29 PM
Greece has a soccer team? :wtf:

Why is some basement dwelling dork living in Alabama repping Greece in the first place? :biggums:

Sakkreth
01-21-2014, 04:30 PM
Qualifying and giving charity entrance is two different things.

Lebron23
01-21-2014, 04:34 PM
Who cares?? USA, Spain, and France would dominate this competition.

PS

Philippines also qualified in the 2014 FIBA World Cup for the first time since 1972. the 2nd best team in asia after Iran.

Uncle Drew
01-21-2014, 04:35 PM
We need to shut up because Greece got a wild card? :oldlol: Watch them lose to Senegal.

Euroleague
01-21-2014, 04:37 PM
Is this v-spans team? Would love to see Giannis play and out-perform him

Giannis has been told he will get an invite to train with the practice squad, and that IF he does very well in training, then he has a CHANCE, to make the team, as Spanoulis' backup, for about 8-10 minutes of playing time a game.

Keep in mind that Giannis was the 4th to 5th best player on Greece's under-20 team this summer. So he better improve by a hell of a lot, if he wants to make the senior men's team.

Dr. Ice
01-21-2014, 04:39 PM
I don't care about the euroleague at all, but i have to admit, pero antic is the truth. Completely outperformed my expectations of him when he came to atlanta

Is it possible for a 30 year old rookie to make it to the rising stars game?

niko
01-21-2014, 04:40 PM
Giannis has been told he will get an invite to train with the practice squad, and that IF he does very well in training, then he has a CHANCE, to make the team, as Spanoulis' backup, for about 8-10 minutes of playing time a game.
So you have details about who is on the team and what they were told when it hasn't even been announced and you only know due to "secret information".

Inbreeding is bad. Very bad.

Black and White
01-21-2014, 04:40 PM

Why would they treat their best player like that??? Reducing him to 8-10 mins.

Unleash the Greek Freak!!!!!!!

r0drig0lac
01-21-2014, 04:42 PM
All you haters can STFU now. Greece qualified to the 2014 FIBA World Cup, as one of the two wild cards from Europe, along with Turkey.

Just curious friend, you have a link? I wonder if Brazil also got the green card

PAOK
01-21-2014, 04:43 PM
giannis will probably stay in Milwaukee to work out with Bucks during the offseason

btw its not official that we got the wild card, although its very possible

Euroleague
01-21-2014, 04:44 PM
Qualifying and giving charity entrance is two different things.

You mean like when Lithuania got a wild card "charity entrance" from FIBA in 2010?

cos88
01-21-2014, 04:46 PM
wrong forum shitface, reported

b1imtf
01-21-2014, 04:59 PM
Is Nigeria going?

Euroleague
01-21-2014, 05:01 PM
giannis will probably stay in Milwaukee to work out with Bucks during the offseason

Who really cares what he does with that though? It's just more NBA only fan fantasy nonsense delusion. He's probably not good enough to make the team, unless they just put him there for learning experience as an 11th-12th man. And he probably won't get playing time in serious games anyway.

It's doubtful he's going to play at all in anything other than minutes in non important games with Spanoulis and Zisis in front of him, and then with the federation's favorite Calathes (who I think is horrible) and then guys like Sloukas, Pappas, and Mantzaris at guard positions. It's unlikely he would make the team even, and if he did, it would be in the 11-12 man role.

Anyway, he actually said that he would for sure 100% play if he was selected. But it does not matter anyway, if he does play, he's probably only getting to play solid minutes in the early games of the tournament against the bad teams.

He's probably not going to be in the 10 man rotation once the actual serious games start, IF he even made the team.

Euroleague
01-21-2014, 05:02 PM

PS

Philippines also qualified in the 2014 FIBA World Cup for the first time since 1972. the 2nd best team in asia after Iran.

Tony Parker isn't playing genius.

Euroleague
01-21-2014, 05:04 PM
Why would they treat their best player like that??? Reducing him to 8-10 mins.

Unleash the Greek Freak!!!!!!!

Spanoulis is their best player.

Black and White
01-21-2014, 05:06 PM

Then they are doomed.......

Budadiiii
01-21-2014, 05:10 PM
Yikes.

Shitty team who barely even qualified.

Same guy who averaged 2 points in the NBA right? :roll:

Good effort.

Euroleague
01-21-2014, 05:15 PM
its not official that we got the wild card, although its very possible

I did not say it was official. Obviously, it won't be official until they announce it, which should be around the first week of February.

That's not to say this info could not be wrong, or could not change. But it seems that Turkey, Russia, and Greece were in the running. Israel, Finland, Italy were also, but ultimately, it was decided that they had been so bad in recent years that it was just extremely unfair to give it to one of them.

So it came down to Greece, Russia, and Turkey. Of course, they wanted Russia and Turkey, as economics (who can bring in the most money for FIBA decides it).

But then it was proven once again that Russian basketball system was caught in yet another scandal, this is what, like the 4th or 5th time now? And since this has happened that on tape they have been caught now so many times, and that even though they offered an 800,000 euros more money as a pay out to try to cover it, when the tape went public the scandal got bigger.

With so many scandals and tapes out there on Russian basketball, I mean 4 or 5 times this happens in the last few years, finally FIBA decided it was too risky to be associated with it for now.

So they want Greece instead.

That's what the inside source is saying.

Hopefully this is true, because it means Greece, despite all the tons of Russian and Turkish money being poured into FIBA to be the wild cards (not to mention Brazil and China also), got the wild card. And Greece is by far the most deserving, on a basketball basis, by 10 times over, of anyone.

Euroleague
01-21-2014, 05:16 PM
Is Nigeria going?

They were miles from even qualifying, or being considered for a wild card.

Euroleague
01-21-2014, 05:22 PM
I don't care about the euroleague at all, but i have to admit, pero antic is the truth. Completely outperformed my expectations of him when he came to atlanta

Is it possible for a 30 year old rookie to make it to the rising stars game?

Olympiacos (Antic's team) team stats the last 2 years. Just so you know, how good the Euroleague really is.

2011-12

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/teams/showteamstats?clubcode=OLY&seasoncode=E2011

2012-13

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/teams/showteamstats?clubcode=OLY&seasoncode=E2012

I have watched several Hawks games where the announcers make it sound like he was the star of Olympiacos, leading them to those Euroleague titles. But as you can see, he was a role player, with a similar role as he has with the Hawks.

That's how good the Euroleague is. You need to ignore what all the trolls here say about it.

Black and White
01-21-2014, 05:24 PM
I have watched several Hawks games where the announcers make it sound like he was the star of Olympiacos, leading them to those Euroleague titles. But as you can see, he was a role player, with a similar role as he has with the Hawks.

That's how good the Euroleague is. You need to ignore what all the trolls here say about it.

People would probably respect Euroleague more if you didn't try shove it down our throats like this.

r0drig0lac
01-21-2014, 05:26 PM
Then they are doomed.......:roll: :applause:

Levity
01-21-2014, 05:29 PM

PS

You seem to be the go to source for PBA news. Is Alex Mallory sp? doing any good out there? He was in my grade, and we used to ball at our local 24 until he was drafted. just curious to see how hes holding up out there.

Euroleague
01-21-2014, 05:31 PM
Just curious friend, you have a link? I wonder if Brazil also got the green card

I just know about the European wild cards. I am guessing that China and Brazil got the other two without even being challenged. The debate was just for Europe.

I don't think China and Brazil were even debated. They just got them automatically.

So China, Brazil, Greece, Turkey.

tragicbronson
01-21-2014, 05:31 PM
Who really cares what he does with that though? It's just more NBA only fan fantasy nonsense delusion. He's probably not good enough to make the team, unless they just put him there for learning experience as an 11th-12th man. And he probably won't get playing time in serious games anyway.

It's doubtful he's going to play at all in anything other than minutes in non important games with Spanoulis and Zisis in front of him, and then with the federation's favorite Calathes (who I think is horrible) and then guys like Sloukas, Pappas, and Mantzaris at guard positions. It's unlikely he would make the team even, and if he did, it would be in the 11-12 man role.

Anyway, he actually said that he would for sure 100% play if he was selected. But it does not matter anyway, if he does play, he's probably only getting to play solid minutes in the early games of the tournament against the bad teams.

He's probably not going to be in the 10 man rotation once the actual serious games start, IF he even made the team.

Man you need to bring in some young talent into your squad, i am from Croatia and i watched last Eurobasket as Greece lost in that game. Spanoulis is good, but not that good anymore, still has some periods where he shows his incredible talent, skill and feel for the game but he also has periods of the game where it's not going so well and without Diamantidis and Papaloukas it's difficult to overcome such periods while he is considered their best player.

I know you hate NBA and their players but why wouldn't you give a chance to such a talented player and probably a rising star. We are giving Saric as much opportunity we can, if Hezonja wasn't injured he'd be on that squad too and yet we still managed to finish 4th. Maybe he is not a starting material as you are trying to prove, Saric didn't start for Croatia aswell even tough he is considere top 15 pick or even higher on the next draft but you shouldn't be so disrespectful towards young players who are future of your national squad.

And i disagree on Calathes :)

rezznor
01-21-2014, 05:32 PM

NBA Fan Forum

NBA Fan Forum

NBA Fan Forum

NBA Fan Forum

Boarder Patrol
01-21-2014, 05:37 PM
V-Span is one of the worst NBA players of all time, leader of the Greek team.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:biggums:

Black and White
01-21-2014, 05:38 PM
Euroleague has one of the best abilities on this board, he has the ablities to bring the the stans and fans off all players/teams together to agree on something, unfortunately its to agree that he is a delusional moron.

Ratnik
01-21-2014, 05:41 PM
I'm new to ISH, so let me ask, does this guy seriously consider Euroleague to be better than NBA or he's just a massive troll?

Euroleague
01-21-2014, 05:43 PM
Man you need to bring in some young talent into your squad, i am from Croatia and i watched last Eurobasket as Greece lost in that game. Spanoulis is good, but not that good anymore, still has some periods where he shows his incredible talent, skill and feel for the game but he also has periods of the game where it's not going so well and without Diamantidis and Papaloukas it's difficult to overcome such periods while he is considered their best player.

I know you hate NBA and their players but why wouldn't you give a chance to such a talented player and probably a rising star. We are giving Saric as much opportunity we can, if Hezonja wasn't injured he'd be on that squad too and yet we still managed to finish 4th. Maybe he is not a starting material as you are trying to prove, Saric didn't start for Croatia aswell even tough he is considere top 15 pick or even higher on the next draft but you shouldn't be so disrespectful towards young players who are future of your national squad.

And i disagree on Calathes :)

Spanoulis was playing the whole tournament with a severe ankle injury. He would have been put without any training, not just playing, but no physical activity for one month, and he played through it.

That was Spanoulis playing with a severe injury. Were you not even aware of that? I think Greece did fine considering they missed 4-5 of their best players and that their star was playing with a very bad injury. Also, if Greece did have all of their best players, those double teams that everyone did on Spanoulis, would not be as effective as they were.

His assists would go up, as he would have more options with other scorers on the team. There were times when the double teams came and he passed to lots of open players and the guys he was passing to were more defenders than scorers.

Guess what? Take away 4-5 of USA's best players and then give Durant or LeBron a severe injury and they don't win medals either.

As for Calathes, he is an even worse shooter than Rubio. When he is missing his shots, he completely destroys the offensive rhythm of a team. He ruins games so many times. He has been a disaster for the national team every summer.

And if you look at his play this year with the Grizzlies, he still can't freaking shoot. The guy is the worst guard shooting-wise in the history of professional basketball.

Croatia is not as deep at forward as Greece is at guard. Plus, Croatia had injuries at forward that allowed for Saric to get more playing time. So not really the same issue.

Euroleague
01-21-2014, 05:46 PM
V-Span is one of the worst NBA players of all time, leader of the Greek team.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yet, he was double teamed by every team at EuroBasket.....and Tony Parker was not...

Even Team USA double teamed him at the Olympics....

strange......

tragicbronson
01-21-2014, 05:46 PM
Spanoulis was playing the whole tournament with a severe ankle injury. He would have put without any training, not just playing, but no physical activity for one whole month, and he played through it.

That was Spanoulis playing with a very severe injury. Were you not even aware of that? I think Greece did fine considering they missed 4-5 of their best players and that their star was playing with a very bad injury.

As for Calathes, he is an even worse shooter than Rubio. When he is missing his shots, he completely destroys the rhythm of a team. He ruins games so many times. He has been a disaster for the national team every summer.

And if you look at his play this year with the Grizzlies, he still can't freaking shoot. The guy is the worst shooting guard in the history of professional basketball.

No i wasn't aware of that, my bad.

I thought Calathes was a point guard :confusedshrug: He seemed like a player who can run a team, has a great height for a pg, has a really nice feel and passing skill but as you said lacks shooting touch but aside from that he seemed to me like a really solid pg

But you still didn't answer why are you so much against giving Giannis as a young star minutes in the national squad.

mattvNJ
01-21-2014, 05:54 PM

I thought Calathes was a point guard :confusedshrug: He seemed like a player who can run a team, has a great height for a pg, has a really nice feel and passing skill but as you said lacks shooting touch but aside from that he seemed to me like a really solid pg

But you still didn't answer why are you so much against giving Giannis as a young star minutes in the national squad.

because Giannis is young, talented and just so happens to be in the NBA. If he stayed in Greece and happened to flourish, he would have a polar opposite opinion.

Also its amazing whenever Spanoulis sucks he has an undocumented severe ankle injury or other injury that should require a month off lol. Such a coincidence, get out of here u hick.

rezznor
01-21-2014, 06:04 PM
Spanoulis was playing the whole tournament with a severe ankle injury.

I guess he played his entire NBA career with an ankle injury as well

KyrieTheFuture
01-21-2014, 06:05 PM
Do they not have links in Arkansas? You might as well be the even whiter version of Chris Broussard. Multiple sauces say.

Euroleague
01-21-2014, 06:07 PM

Calathes is a point guard. I mean shooting guard, as in shooting the ball.

I am not against him being on the team. I never said that. I don't care who is on the team. The best players should be there. Which is why I really don't care much for Calathes being there.

I never said one thing about not wanting Giannis on the team. I just said he probably was not good enough to make the team. All of Greece's players are saying they want to play now, because the federation put in a new rule that starts this summer (since so many players 6-7 even of the best players every summer won't play for years on end) that if you refuse to play you are kicked off the team permanently.

So obviously, it would be very hard for him to make the team. My point was I did not care if he trained in Milwaukee over the summer as PAOK suggested, because if he did make the team, in that full team, he's going to be an 11-12 man probably and sit on the bench most of the time.

I never said anything about being against him being on the team. Regardless, just once, Greece needs to bring their best players, and not bring him, Calathes, or anyone else just because the federation likes that they play in the NBA and the media likes them.

Greece every summer fails to bring their best team and they need to stop doing that.

Boarder Patrol
01-21-2014, 06:07 PM
Yet, he was double teamed by every team at EuroBasket.....and Tony Parker was not...

Even Team USA double teamed him at the Olympics....

strange......

The only thing V-Span did particularly well in EuroBasket was turn the ball over, led the entire tournament :roll:

Derka
01-21-2014, 06:10 PM

Keep in mind that Giannis was the 4th to 5th best player on Greece's under-20 team this summer. So he better improve by a hell of a lot, if he wants to make the senior men's team.

Source? Link? Proof that you didn't just completely make it up as you usually do?

I'm new to ISH, so let me ask, does this guy seriously consider Euroleague to be better than NBA or he's just a massive troll?

Welcome aboard! Euroleague is one of ISH's most successful trolls. People around here will drop all animosities in support of laughing at his insanity.

rhowen4
01-21-2014, 06:10 PM
They did it.

pezt
01-21-2014, 06:11 PM
Guess what? Take away 4-5 of USA's best players and then give Durant or LeBron a severe injury and they don't win medals either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FIBA_World_Championship#Final

No LeBron, Kobe, Dwight, Carmelo, Wade, Chris Paul yet they dominated the tournament :coleman:

Euroleague
01-21-2014, 06:15 PM
because Giannis is young, talented and just so happens to be in the NBA. If he stayed in Greece and happened to flourish, he would have a polar opposite opinion.

Also its amazing whenever Spanoulis sucks he has an undocumented severe ankle injury or other injury that should require a month off lol. Such a coincidence, get out of here u hick.

If he was one of the best 10 Greek players he should be on the team. If not, then no. Right now, he's miles from being a top 10 Greek player.

Calathes isn't either, but he will there 100%. The federation head has a huge boner for him.

Euroleague
01-21-2014, 06:22 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FIBA_World_Championship#Final

No LeBron, Kobe, Dwight, Carmelo, Wade, Chris Paul yet they dominated the tournament :coleman:

How the hell is that 4-5 of their best players missing, and their best player playing with a severe injury?

STOP DOING DRUGS

Black and White
01-21-2014, 06:23 PM
Euroleague answer this, who would win a 1 on 1 game, Giannis vs Vassilis???

TheReal Kendall
01-21-2014, 06:26 PM
Why is this shit in the NBA forum?

Black and White
01-21-2014, 06:28 PM
Why is this shit in the NBA forum?

I don't know why the mods don't move his threads, this one has no NBA relevance whatsoever :facepalm

KG215
01-21-2014, 06:28 PM
Spanoulis was playing the whole tournament with a severe ankle injury.
I call bullshit. Link or it didn't happen assf**k.

And how is this supposed to shut up the haters? Isn't this basically some sort of charity handout? They still didn't exactly qualify by their own merit so, in a way, this is sort of embarrassing for Greece, no?

Euroleague
01-21-2014, 06:29 PM
Euroleague answer this, who would win a 1 on 1 game, Giannis vs Vassilis???

How many times have you seen Giannis double teamed in a game?

Spanoulis is double teamed in every game he plays in. EVERY GAME. Be it Euroleague, or FIBA. Regardless of the teams he is playing against.

Against teams like France and Spain, that are loaded with NBA players, he is double teamed.

Get back to me when teams full of NBA players start double teaming Giannis.

oarabbus
01-21-2014, 06:32 PM
How many times have you seen Giannis double teamed in a game? Huh?

Spanoulis is double teamed in every game he plays in. EVERY GAME. Be it Euroleague, or FIBA. Regardless of the teams he is playing against.

Against teams like France and Spain, that are loaded with NBA players, he is double teamed.

Get back to me when teams full of NBA players star double teaming Giannis.

The 25 Worst Foreign Players in NBA History
13 - Vassilis Spanoulis

http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/06/the-25-worst-foreign-players-in-nba-history/vassilis-spanoulis

ETHERED.

pezt
01-21-2014, 06:33 PM
How the hell is that 4-5 of their best players missing and their best player playing with a severe injury?

STOP DOING DRUGS

You're telling me that 2010 Lebron, Kobe, Dwight, Wade, Paul and Melo weren't the best players in the NBA? That's 6 of the 7-8 best players in the NBA at that time. The only player from the roster that made it that belongs in that group is Kevin Durant.
The rest of the roster was made up of inexperienced players like 21 year old Rose, Love, Curry, Westbrook, Eric Gordon.
And still they didn't lose a single game and dominated throughout the tournament.

Euroleague
01-21-2014, 06:35 PM
I call bullshit. Link or it didn't happen assf**k.

And how is this supposed to shut up the haters? Isn't this basically some sort of charity handout? They still didn't exactly qualify by their own merit so, in a way, this is sort of embarrassing for Greece, no?

The wild card is being given to Greece solely on basketball achievements and merit.

China, Brazil, and Turkey are getting it through economics (money).

FIBA confirms Spanoulis injury and 10 seconds on Google would show that. But no, you are such a colossal douche bag and moron that you are mentally incapable of it.

Black and White
01-21-2014, 06:35 PM
How many times have you seen Giannis double teamed in a game? Huh?

Get back to me when teams full of NBA players star double teaming Giannis.

I asked a question, 1 on 1, who wins??? I put my money on the guy who is almost 6'11

Euroleague
01-21-2014, 06:37 PM
You're telling me that 2010 Lebron, Kobe, Dwight, Wade, Paul and Melo weren't the best players in the NBA? That's 6 of the 7-8 best players in the NBA at that time. The only player from the roster that made it that belongs in that group is Kevin Durant.
The rest of the roster was made up of inexperienced players like 21 year old Rose, Love, Curry, Westbrook, Eric Gordon.
And still they didn't lose a single game and dominated throughout the tournament.

You clearly lack reading comprehension skills.

tragicbronson
01-21-2014, 06:38 PM
I asked a question, 1 on 1, who wins??? I put my money on the guy who is almost 6'11

Not really an argument tho

Euroleague
01-21-2014, 06:39 PM

Of course you would.

1. You have never seen Spanoulis play.

2. You have never seen a Euroleague game.

3. You are an NBA only fan.

4. You in truth, don't even know who Vassilis Spanoulis even is.

He's not 6-11. Don't be a complete moron.

pezt
01-21-2014, 06:42 PM

Obviously you are the one who lacks reading comprehension skills.
He is 6-10.25 and still growing so how is that not ALMOST 6-11?

Black and White
01-21-2014, 06:42 PM
Of course you would.

1. You have never seen Spanoulis play.

2. You have never seen a Euroleague game.

3. You are an NBA only fan.

4. You in truth, don't even know who Vassilis Spanoulis even is.

I said ALMOST 6'11, at the moment he is 6'10 and still growing....

Euroleague
01-21-2014, 06:45 PM
Obviously you are the one who lacks reading comprehension skills.
He is 6-10.25 and still growing so how is that not ALMOST 6-11?

That's bullshit. Yeah, Amir Johnson is "still growing" too..

It's called NBA gimmick marketing.

Euroleague
01-21-2014, 06:46 PM
I said ALMOST 6'11, at the moment he is 6'10 and still growing....

You don't even know the difference between NBA gimmick marketing and reality..

Black and White
01-21-2014, 06:48 PM

He was 6'8 on draft night, so how is he not growing, are you really that delusional?

mattvNJ
01-21-2014, 06:49 PM

3/4th of an inch difference in a post for a 19 year old and you get all bent out of shape. Relax a bit, sure there is some evident NBA gimmicks and marketing(Uncle Drew etc) but it would be ridiculous to guess a 19 year can possibly grow.

spacebump
01-21-2014, 07:03 PM
How many times have you seen Giannis double teamed in a game?

Get back to me when teams full of NBA players start double teaming Giannis.

I didn't see him double teamed when he was on the Rockets.

KyrieTheFuture
01-21-2014, 07:14 PM
I didn't even play basketball in highschool and I could start for half the teams in Euroleague.

rezznor
01-21-2014, 07:14 PM
I didn't see him double teamed when he was on the Rockets.
That's because it's hard to get double teamed when he can't even crack the rotation

Genaro
01-21-2014, 07:22 PM
I just hope Brasil gets one but if NBA players aren't playing it would be pointless.

Milbuck
01-21-2014, 07:23 PM
Euroleague is such an angry poster. He's definitely gotta be compensating for something.

Derka
01-21-2014, 07:28 PM
Euroleague is such an angry poster. He's definitely gotta be compensating for something.
Possibly his shitty, second-rate basketball association. Just a thought.

Angel Face
01-21-2014, 07:31 PM
http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1337030661882_5897495.png

Milbuck
01-21-2014, 07:36 PM
Possibly his shitty, second-rate basketball association. Just a thought.

I meant something else, but let's go with that.

BasedTom
01-21-2014, 08:04 PM
I meant something else, but let's go with that.
He has to cope with the fact that the only basketball talent to ever come out of Greece is wearing a Bucks uniform these days :cheers:

rezznor
01-21-2014, 08:43 PM
He's compensating for the fact that he lives in Arkansas

FlipBaller31
01-21-2014, 10:31 PM
You seem to be the go to source for PBA news. Is Alex Mallory sp? doing any good out there? He was in my grade, and we used to ball at our local 24 until he was drafted. just curious to see how hes holding up out there.
I've watched him play in the PBA. He's a backup at the 1 right now tho. But he's been fine, he ain't scoring much tho since his team is pretty stacked at the guards. Got potential to be solid :cheers:

Edit: It's "Mallari" actually haha

gabepizza
01-21-2014, 11:29 PM
If this is really true (no link) then it is really unfortunate that Russia did not get a spot. Last WC three European teams got a spot why not this time? Russia won bronze in the last Olympics and Eurobasket in 2011. They even won gold in Eurobasket 2007. They deserve it more than Turkey and obviously more then Brazil and China. I can understand keeping one spot open for a non-European team but two will just weaken the WC.

China instead of Russia will be a joke, Russia is probably a top 6 team after US, Spain, Argentina and Greece.

And on another note about "Spanoulis always being double teamed" that mean either the rest of Team Greece like Bourousis really sucks and/or Spanoulis is a horrible passer. When a real star like Lebron gets double teamed he gets 10 assists and led his team to victory. When Spanoulis gets double teamed he leads the tournament in turnovers and loses to Finland and Nigeria.
:facepalm

Dr.J4ever
01-21-2014, 11:44 PM
If this is really true (no link) then it is really unfortunate that Russia did not get a spot. Last WC three European teams got a spot why not this time? Russia won bronze in the last Olympics and Eurobasket in 2011. They even won gold in Eurobasket 2007. They deserve it more than Turkey and obviously more then Brazil and China. I can understand keeping one spot open for a non-European team but two will just weaken the WC.

China instead of Russia will be a joke, Russia is probably a top 6 team after US, Spain, Argentina and Greece.

And on another note about "Spanoulis always being double teamed" that mean either the rest of Team Greece like Bourousis really sucks and/or Spanoulis is a horrible passer. When a real star like Lebron gets double teamed he gets 10 assists and led his team to victory. When Spanoulis gets double teamed he leads the tournament in turnovers and loses to Finland and Nigeria.
Uggh, I hate you, Gabepizza, you are such a LIAR!:lol

Mr. Jabbar
01-21-2014, 11:44 PM
thx for the bump forgot to 1-star this thred earlier

Le Shaqtus
01-21-2014, 11:45 PM
thx for the bump forgot to 1-star this thred earlier

This.

Euroleague
01-22-2014, 04:33 AM
He was 6'8 on draft night, so how is he not growing, are you really that delusional?

For the 10th time, he was officially measured numerous times at 6-10 more than a year ago in Greece.

Euroleague
01-22-2014, 04:34 AM
3/4th of an inch difference in a post for a 19 year old and you get all bent out of shape. Relax a bit, sure there is some evident NBA gimmicks and marketing(Uncle Drew etc) but it would be ridiculous to guess a 19 year can possibly grow.

He didn't grow in the last year. The Bucks just made that up as a marketing gimmick. It would be impossible to ask that you clowns would be mentally capable of grasping that.

russwest0
01-22-2014, 04:40 AM
Yo, whaddup Ming_7_6 :roll: :roll:

Euroleague
01-22-2014, 04:42 AM

Spanoulis gets a real double team. LeBron does not get real double teams. Your basketball knowledge is so low that you don't even know the difference between double teams and help defense.

LeBron gets help defense. Spanoulis gets off ball double teams, help defense, traps, and help defenders with on ball double teams, meaning 3-4 defenders are assigned to him.

If a defender even looks wrong at LeBron, the refs blow the whistle and he gets the foul. All 5 guys could defend him and he is getting the foul call anyway.

Russia would not do jack at this tournament. They were awful at EuroBasket. Their team imploded. Their two main players retired from the team, they completely started a whole new generation of players and started from scratch and were awful. They were losing every single game.

And they don't really have any young players to develop now for this tournament anyway. They have young players for tournaments down the road, not this one. Even their federation head originally said he did not even want to play at the tournament, because they had zero chance to compete at it.

Brazil really should not be there either. They lost every game in the worst regional zone tournament. So it's a travesty really to give them the wild card. But FIBA simply gives it to the teams that generate the most revenue. And Russia would have thus been there, if they did not again have yet another scandal in their basketball system.

East_Stone_Ya
01-22-2014, 04:53 AM
I did not say it was official.

drop the act Jeff :rant

outbreak
01-22-2014, 04:55 AM
WRONG FORUM
WRONG FORUM
WRONG FORUM
WRONG FORUM
WRONG FORUM

WRONG FORUMWRONG FORUM

Nick Young
01-22-2014, 05:16 AM
Good thing they didnt have to play Nigeria or Finland in the qualifiers.

Bandito
01-22-2014, 05:58 AM
Puerto Rico didn't have to qualify by Wild Card. We fought for our position and we sucked.

All hail the mighty Arroyo:bowdown:

SexSymbol
01-22-2014, 06:47 AM
Spanoulis gets a real double team. LeBron does not get real double teams. Your basketball knowledge is so low that you don't even know the difference between double teams and help defense.

LeBron gets help defense. Spanoulis gets off ball double teams, help defense, traps, and help defenders with on ball double teams, meaning 3-4 defenders are assigned to him.

If a defender even looks wrong at LeBron, the refs blow the whistle and he gets the foul. All 5 guys could defend him and he is getting the foul call anyway.

Russia would not do jack at this tournament. They were awful at EuroBasket. Their team imploded. Their two main players retired from the team, they completely started a whole new generation of players and started from scratch and were awful. They were losing every single game.

And they don't really have any young players to develop now for this tournament anyway. They have young players for tournaments down the road, not this one. Even their federation head originally said he did not even want to play at the tournament, because they had zero chance to compete at it.

Brazil really should not be there either. They lost every game in the worst regional zone tournament. So it's a travesty really to give them the wild card. But FIBA simply gives it to the teams that generate the most revenue. And Russia would have thus been there, if they did not again have yet another scandal in their basketball system.
From all my years watching EL and world tournaments, i've never seen spanoulis being literally double teamed. He rarely even gets help defense when going in to the basket, stop making up stuff.

Besides, getting a wildcard is not qualifying, Greece probably bought it, just like we, lithuanians, did, back in 2010. But Greece is nowhere near Lithuania in basketbal level.

Besides 2, if I were you, I would've wanted that Spanoulis wouldn't be in the world cup, because if Greece meets USA, it will be a total massacre, and yet again you'll have to blame the referees like a crying little bitch you are. Learn how to accept losing, if you did, your life would maybe look a little different. Think about it

KobesFinger
01-22-2014, 06:56 AM
If Greece and spanoifhalfulaus are so good why is this thread worthy?

BlazerRed
01-22-2014, 08:37 AM
The Greek are ugly as hell and hairy doe..

Euroleague
01-22-2014, 09:34 AM

drop the act Jeff :rant

I said that I was giving inside info from FIBA. Not that I was giving an official announcement. If you cannot grasp the difference, then you are retarded.

I have given inside info here 4-5 times BEFORE things happened in advance and then they were later announced. That is what this was. That was all.

I then acknowledged that this is not official when someone asked that.

It's an inside source, telling you something ahead of time, so of course it can't be anything official.

Euroleague
01-22-2014, 09:38 AM
From all my years watching EL and world tournaments, i've never seen spanoulis being literally double teamed. He rarely even gets help defense when going in to the basket, stop making up stuff.

Besides, getting a wildcard is not qualifying, Greece probably bought it, just like we, lithuanians, did, back in 2010. But Greece is nowhere near Lithuania in basketbal level.

Besides 2, if I were you, I would've wanted that Spanoulis wouldn't be in the world cup, because if Greece meets USA, it will be a total massacre, and yet again you'll have to blame the referees like a crying little bitch you are. Learn how to accept losing, if you did, your life would maybe look a little different. Think about it

Spanoulis is double teamed in every game genius. Nice way to instantly out yourself as a troll. I did not read the rest of your post. Try harder next time.

Euroleague
01-22-2014, 09:44 AM
So anyway, apparently this will be the 24 team field at the tournament:

Spain
United States
Angola
Egypt
Senegal
Mexico
Puerto Rico
Argentina
Dominican Republic
Iran
Philippines
Korea
France
Lithuania
Croatia
Slovenia
Ukraine
Serbia
Australia
New Zealand
Greece
Turkey
China
Brazil

FaceSmack
01-22-2014, 10:10 AM
tbh Giannis would be a better player for Greece than Spanoulis in my opinion...

JohnFreeman
01-22-2014, 10:11 AM
I can't wait to not watch this

Derka
01-22-2014, 10:12 AM
Euroleague has to be an admin's account.

There's no other reason for someone who consistently posts stuff that isn't about the NBA in the NBA Forum not being banned from the site and the threads rarely if ever get deleted/closed/moved.

East_Stone_Ya
01-22-2014, 10:27 AM
I said that I was giving inside info from FIBA. Not that I was giving an official announcement. If you cannot grasp the difference, then you are retarded.

I have given inside info here 4-5 times BEFORE things happened in advance and then they were later announced. That is what this was. That was all.

I then acknowledged that this is not official when someone asked that.

It's an inside source, telling you something ahead of time, so of course it can't be anything official.

then don't state things when they aren't confirmed yet..easy no?

besides it ain't so sure Greece will get the wildcard

[QUOTE]China - A huge market with an ailing national team. In truth it would take something extraordinary for China not to get a bid. They can book their flights.

Tunisia - Failed to make it out of the last 16 in AfroBasket. No hope.

Nigeria - Were it any other year I

rezznor
01-22-2014, 11:42 AM
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5515/12087678506_3ed828f4b7_o.jpg

arkansas

SexSymbol
01-22-2014, 11:46 AM
Spanoulis is double teamed in every game genius. Nice way to instantly out yourself as a troll. I did not read the rest of your post. Try harder next time.
Are you joking?
Now I don't even think that you watch games of the very man you defend and love so deeply.

Euroleague
01-22-2014, 12:35 PM
then don't state things when they aren't confirmed yet..easy no?

besides it ain't so sure Greece will get the wildcard

Yeah, I don't know who you are quoting, but it's obviously some idiot American NBA only fan who does know what the hell he is talking about.

This is from an inside source within FIBA. This is done, at 90%. The only other country with any chance left is Italy, and there shot is 10% at best.

And even in the money side, Greece supposedly even paid FIBA double what they did.

Euroleague
01-22-2014, 12:36 PM
Are you joking?
Now I don't even think that you watch games of the very man you defend and love so deeply.

Fake Lithuanian troll. That's really getting desperate.

IGNORE LIST.

Booz Vivic
01-22-2014, 01:04 PM
Why the hell is Theodoros not playing for Greece? Thaught him and Filippos were the two MVP class players Greece had. :facepalm :facepalm

WHY DOES NO ONE POINT OUT IT ODD THAT GERMANY AND ICELAND GETTING WILD CARDS

Marlo_Stanfield
01-22-2014, 01:08 PM
Euroleague likes to troll but the guys trolling him are much worse.
who ever watched spanoulis play in Europe those last years and thinks he wouldnt EASILY average 18-6 if he was allowed to play true PG and leader of a team and lead them to many wins is fcking delusional. dude would be a top 5n PG in the NBA right now:coleman:

Dr.J4ever
01-22-2014, 01:43 PM
http://www.eurohoops.net/2014/01/dribbling/40753

According to Eurohoops posted 4 hours ago, Greece getting in not certain at all. So hold the celebrations.

SexSymbol
01-22-2014, 01:47 PM
Fake Lithuanian troll. That's really getting desperate.

IGNORE LIST.
What does the phrase fake lithuanian troll actually mean?
Do you mean faking that I'm from Lithuania? I live in

East_Stone_Ya
01-22-2014, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I don't know who you are quoting, but it's obviously some idiot American NBA only fan who does know what the hell he is talking about.

This is from an inside source within FIBA. This is done, at 90%. The only other country with any chance left is Italy, and there shot is 10% at best.

And even in the money side, Greece supposedly even paid FIBA double what they did.

well i don't know how much greeks paid but Turkey has paid the most so far

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 10:15 AM
http://www.eurohoops.net/2014/01/dribbling/40753

According to Eurohoops posted 4 hours ago, Greece getting in not certain at all. So hold the celebrations.

lol yeah a reporter from Greece knows more than a legit inside source at FIBA Europe. OK man sure whatever.

You are unbelievably dumb.

It's also funny how when that site reported that the owner of Panathinaikos got prosecuted for rigging the Greek League finals, you said it was a lie, fake, made up, untrue, and basically said none of it could be real.

Even though all that site did was link to the Greek equivalent of ESPN which had the story and all the government documents and rulings showing it officially happened, with statements from judges etc.

But you said it was all a lie, fake, untrue.

Now, all of a sudden, that site becomes your go to source for info.

HYPOCRITE.

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 10:16 AM
[QUOTE=SexSymbol]What does the phrase fake lithuanian troll actually mean?
Do you mean faking that I'm from Lithuania? I live in

Nick Young
01-23-2014, 10:17 AM
Good thing Ike Diogu and Petteri Koponen aren't going to be at the tournament.

Euroleague
01-23-2014, 10:27 AM
well i don't know how much greeks paid but Turkey has paid the most so far

Greece is hosting two FIBA tournaments this summer and paying for them, Europe under 20 and world under 17, plus they are building some new Euroleague level arenas (something FIBA Europe and Euroleague put HUGE emphasis on for the growth of the sport), and they are also putting in marketing and sponsor deals to grow the sport in Crete, which is one of the biggest growing basketball markets in Europe now.

Euroleague had 2 games there this year as part of this also. It's one of the biggest growing markets in Europe for basketball.

Plus, Greece signed one of the biggest TV contracts in FIBA for the tournament, which is really probably the main thing, because that will directly generate more revenue for FIBA. Also, Greece is adding money from their sponsor Eurobank.

So basically, Greece is ACTUALLY putting a LOT of money, the as same as Brazil, in hosting the Olympics, China due, to the huge population and interest in the sport, and Turkey, which has the huge sponsor money that was paid from Turkish Airlines.

Russia, of course also would have put the huge money in also, but again, they have done another scandal in their federation, and again been caught on tape doing so, and this is like the 4th time or so this happened in recent years. So it seems FIBA is wanting some distance from them for awhile.

As far as I know then, while these other countries put up lots of money, countries like Italy, Finland, and Canada, and whatever, that also want the wild card, basically put nothing really other than the money required to apply.

And Italy already got a wildcard, and teams that have not gotten a wildcard get the precedence over ones that did.........actually, Russia already got the wildcard also. While Greece never got the wildcard.

And of course, Italy has been horrible for so many years in tournament play that you could not give it to them based on merit.

Angel Face
01-23-2014, 10:43 AM
Good luck to Greece on getting their butts kicked. They might be a little numb to it due to what they received years ago, still wishing them a good luck. :applause:

Euroleague
01-25-2014, 10:31 AM
So much for Dr.J4ever's troll attempt trying to use Eurohoops.net as if they knew more than an inside source at FIBA about this.......

Just talking like freaking Italy had the chance to get it.......

The same site now reports.......

http://www.eurohoops.net/2014/01/dribbling/40931

One week before the final decision of FIBA about the World Cup wildcards, Italy is officially out of the race. As it was announced via a press release the federal council of the Italian Basketball Federation “having heard the report of the president Petrucci, has unanimously decided to withdraw the application for a World Cup wild card”.

Among the reasons given for Italy’s decision was the 500.000 USD guaranty fee for the wild card, but Petrucci mentioned the sum of 830.000 euros as a fee. As the Italian Federation president Giovanni Petrucci said: ” “The financial demands of FIBA for a wildcard are not ethically acceptable”. Meanwhile, Italian national team coach Simone Pianigiani expressed his disappointment in Skysports television station: “The wild card will go to teams that we beat at Eurobasket. I think two European teams between Russia, Greece and Turkey will get to the World Cup. We beat Turkey three times over the last two summers. We are disappointed”. In total four wild cards will be given, two of them are expected to end up in European teams and the other two to Brazil and China.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

:lol :oldlol: :facepalm :rolleyes:

Dr.J4ever, I have given inside info here like 5 times and every time it was proven true BEFORE the fact. Even the freaking mods here learned not to screw with me on that.

Stop being an idiot.

Eurohoops.net is a very good site, certainly one of the very, very best in the world for international basketball, but it's still just a news site, it isn't the same thing as an inside source at FIBA.

And so now FIBA is charging €830,000 euros ($1,135,000 dollars) for a wild card..........

Nick Young
01-25-2014, 10:51 AM
Will Ike Diogu be at the tournament?

r0drig0lac
01-25-2014, 10:53 AM
Good thing Ike Diogu and Petteri Koponen aren't going to be at the tournament.
:applause: :applause:

Euroleague
01-25-2014, 11:23 AM
Will Ike Diogu be at the tournament?

Yeah, the 7th placed team from Africa is going to get a place at the World Cup...

Euroleague
01-25-2014, 11:23 AM
:applause: :applause:

Good thing Brazil is hosting the 2016 Olympics so FIBA is giving them a wildcard. Since they lost every single game at the weakest regional zone tournament.

SexSymbol
01-25-2014, 11:25 AM
Yeah, the 7th placed team from Africa is going get a place at the World Cup...
Why do you try to call everybody idiots and call them liars even though some of them don't even try to insult you?

And my second question would be: is your mother your sister?

r0drig0lac
01-25-2014, 11:26 AM
Good thing Brazil is hosting the 2016 Olympics so FIBA is giving them a wildcard. Since they lost every single game at the weakest regional zone tournament.
and? Brazil is 2x world champion basketball, but I think you know that

Boarder Patrol
01-25-2014, 11:26 AM

You were given a charity spot and will be beaten down as always. You have no right to make fun of other international teams when your team:

1) Is led by one of the biggest busts and worst NBA players of all time.
2) Has lost to Nigeria and Finland.

Euroleague
01-25-2014, 11:28 AM
and? Brazil is 2x world champion basketball, but I think you know that

And Brazil only won those championships during the time when basketball was AMATEUR.

They did not win it during professional basketball.

I think you know that.

If you have a point, feel free to make it.

Nick Young
01-25-2014, 11:29 AM
Yeah, the 7th placed team from Africa is going get a place at the World Cup...
Wow, Greece got eliminated from the Olympics by Africa's 7th best team?
:confusedshrug:

dr.hee
01-25-2014, 11:30 AM

Nigeria is the Finland of Africa. :applause:

SexSymbol
And Brazil only won those championships during the time when basketball was AMATEUR.

I think you know that.

I think your mother also is your sister.

Euroleague
Why do you try to call everybody idiots and call them liars even though some of them don't even try to insult you?

And my second question would be: is your mother your sister?

Like I said, I am more "Lithuanian" than you are. Let me guess........you are actually Polish.

Euroleague
01-25-2014, 11:32 AM
You were given a charity spot and will be beaten down as always. You have no right to make fun of other international teams when your team:

1) Is led by one of the biggest busts and worst NBA players of all time.
2) Has lost to Nigeria and Finland.

Brazil has been given a charity spot.

Brazil has not done a damn thing in basketball in professional era other than win FIBA Americas, which is of course an absolute joke tournament anyway.

Do you have a point?

r0drig0lac
01-25-2014, 11:33 AM

I think you know that.

there is no point, they won, period
while the basketball exist, they are still on the list of champions, but you can try to lessen the achievement, feel free

Euroleague
01-25-2014, 11:34 AM

Greece got eliminated from the Olympics by the refs. Strange how ever since Greece beat USA in 2006, they always get screwed by the refs in every tournament................

SexSymbol
01-25-2014, 11:36 AM
Like I said, I am more "Lithuanian" than you are. Let me guess........you are actually Polish.
Even subhuman trash like polish hookers are more of a contribution to the well-being of the world than you are lol

SexSymbol
01-25-2014, 11:37 AM
Greece got eliminated from the Olympics by the refs. Strange how ever since Greece beat USA in 2006, they always get screwed by the refs in every tournament................
Oooooh so it's the refs again... glad to know you have and excuse for everything, couldn't call you a bitch without knowing it. Alright, I still could

It's really fun to make fun of this fakkit, everybody should join

SexSymbol
01-25-2014, 11:48 AM
Hey Euroleague, if I wanted to kill myself, I'd climb up on your ego and jump down to your IQ.

Euroleague
01-28-2014, 04:25 PM
Germany is out.

http://www.eurohoops.net/2014/01/dribbling/41140

magic chiongson
01-31-2014, 04:52 PM
all hail

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-GaxYT56Bpb8/T1R4dERJYRI/AAAAAAAADMQ/4dBb6RDj6Jc/s800/AP%2520statue.jpg