PDA

View Full Version : Marc Gasol: "Euroleague Is Real Good, Really, Really Good"

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 08:56 AM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19u2l5_o-marc-gasol-μιλά-αποκλειστικά-σε-nba-greece-και-sport24_sport?start=16

At 2:37

Interviewer: Do you follow Euroleague?

Marc Gasol: Of course. I watched the replay of Bayern Munich today.

Interviewer: And what do you think about the level of Euroleague these years?

Marc Gasol: Real good. I mean, really, really good. There's a lot of players that could be, if they were given a chance, playing in the NBA right now. So the Euroleague is always good."

BlazerRed
01-20-2014, 08:59 AM
Gasol is a Euro, he's biased.

iamgine
01-20-2014, 09:10 AM
He's right, Euroleague is very good. Just not when compared to the NBA.

It's like comparing a Camry to a Bentley. Yeah the Camry is a really really good car.

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 09:20 AM
Gasol is a Euro, he's biased.

Then every single American is biased when they say the NBA is good.

Uncle Drew
01-20-2014, 09:21 AM
Euroleague is shit. Not biased since I'm from Europe.

Random_Guy
01-20-2014, 09:24 AM
euroleague IS good, a lot of team oriented and good players. but why are you trying so hard OP? people here would acknowledge euroleague if you werent trying to shove how Euroleague reign supreme to the NBA in every other thread. Face it, atm the nba is better.

BlazerRed
01-20-2014, 09:25 AM
No because I said so.

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 09:25 AM
people here would acknowledge euroleague if you werent trying to shove how Euroleague reign supreme to the NBA in every other thread.

No they wouldn't.

Face it, atm the nba is better.

No it isn't.

Trollsmasher
01-20-2014, 09:26 AM
Euroleague is shit. Not biased since I'm from Europe.
can confirm

plowking
01-20-2014, 09:26 AM

Gasol says that there are players that could play here, possibly.

So clearly he thinks the NBA is superior based on his reply. I'm going to trust the guy that's played both over you.

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 09:28 AM
Gasol says that there are players that could play here, possibly.

So clearly he thinks the NBA is superior based on his reply. I'm going to trust the guy that's played both over you.

Funny, since numerous NBA players and coaches have said the Euroleague is better. I guess you don't trust them.

plowking
01-20-2014, 09:30 AM
Funny, since numerous NBA players and coaches have said the Euroleague is better. I guess you don't trust them.

Show me the quotes. I bet you they haven't.

ImKobe
01-20-2014, 09:30 AM
Best Euroleague players might get role player minutes while role players/washed up NBA players go to Euroleague when they're not good enough for the NBA.

If Euroleague is better, why is not nearly as popular as the NBA? I sometimes watch Spanoulis play and he looks like Kendall Marshall. He could probably average 8 points and 10 assists in MDA's system. Maybe we should call Spanoulis to play back-up minutes to Kendall. We could use a PG.

Xover
01-20-2014, 09:35 AM
it's like when rockstars come to your city and call your city the best.

Totspurs
01-20-2014, 09:38 AM
To put you in situation, Real Madrid is destroying every team they face (except Valencia), and 2 of their 3 best players were bench warmers in Portland... Rudy Fern

sportjames23
01-20-2014, 09:39 AM

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

tommy3
01-20-2014, 09:41 AM
I'm from europe and euroleague is shit (of course, when compared to the NBA)

KobesFinger
01-20-2014, 09:42 AM
I'm British and NBA >>>>

If Gasol thought the EL was better don't you think he would've stayed at Barca instead of going to America?

niko
01-20-2014, 09:45 AM
I've never seen anyone say it's better. You jumped like two levels here. You must be more desparate for attention than normal today. Your puppy left you?

B-Easy8
01-20-2014, 09:46 AM
I hope people troll Euroleague because of the poster.

The league itself is actually good and I agree that many of the players could be good in the NBA.

BoutPractice
01-20-2014, 09:57 AM
I hope people troll Euroleague because of the poster.
I think that mostly explains it (that and basic prejudice). If Euroleague were telling me that there are 24 hours in a day, I would start seriously questioning it.

RoTM
01-20-2014, 09:58 AM
Gasol's quote is practically word for word what the typical player what say about college ball. Using it as a defense for a pro league is pretty weak. Its insulting when applied even to Milwaukee.

Tmuston Beltics
01-20-2014, 10:01 AM
He's right, Euroleague is very good. Just not when compared to the NBA.

It's like comparing a Camry to a Bentley. Yeah the Camry is a really really good car.

True. Nothing is good compared to the NBA.

Bandito
01-20-2014, 10:27 AM
Arroyo>V-SPan

1pixelarmy
01-20-2014, 10:37 AM
Well, I think there are different ways of playing basketball. Euro is more defense-focused and intense in regular season.
And NBA is more entertainment oriented, and definitely better when playoffs arrives.
I can enjoy both of them :cheers:

dr.hee
01-20-2014, 10:44 AM
I'm from Europe, and Greece couldn't even beat Finland in Eurobasket. Also, Euroleague (the poster) sucks balls. The league is very good though. But inferior to the NBA.

Boarder Patrol
01-20-2014, 11:43 AM
NBA is very clearly better. NBA is something like 43-10 in inter-league play.

Not to say Euro isn't fun and entertaining, just not on the same level.

Rooster
01-20-2014, 11:54 AM
Best Euroleague players might get role player minutes while role players/washed up NBA players go to Euroleague when they're not good enough for the NBA.

If Euroleague is better, why is not nearly as popular as the NBA? I sometimes watch Spanoulis play and he looks like Kendall Marshall. He could probably average 8 points and 10 assists in MDA's system. Maybe we should call Spanoulis to play back-up minutes to Kendall. We could use a PG.

This is definitely true. There are more Americans named In Euroleague greatest players, Euroleague MVPs, All Euroleague Team than any nation in Euroleague. Most of those scrubs were in Europe because NBA did not bother. Corpses of Nique and McAdoo dominated those unathletic and slow as molasses unfit Euros.

STATUTORY
01-20-2014, 11:57 AM
NBA is better, but the Euro all star team would be able to best some of the bottom dwelling team this season

Derka
01-20-2014, 12:00 PM
It's good for Europe, sure. Can't really compare it to the NBA; like comparing Varsity to the JV.

And I'm sure several of Euroleague's top players would do terrific in the NBA if they could adjust their games accordingly. But as we know, NBA scrubs (not all but a goodly number) go to Europe and immediately watch their stats double because the Euros just can't hang.

Sooooo, I don't knock Gasol for his opinion. But I don't agree with it.

dr.hee
01-20-2014, 12:06 PM
NBA is better, but the Euro all star team would be able to best some of the bottom dwelling team this season

An Euro All Star team would most likely win the title. Dirk won with old Kidd, Marion, Terry and Chandler. Replace them with Calderon, Rubio, Parker, Batum, Pek, Marc Gasol...that's the best team in the league even with old ass Dirk.

SexSymbol
01-20-2014, 12:11 PM
I'm european to the bone, but euroleague is lightyears behind NBA still.
It's getting better, but at a very slow pace. Not to mention, that except for the last few years, NBA was getting better for like 7-8 straight years, there's nothing that makes me think that NBA wouldn't skyrocket yet again after a few years of this drought.
Besides, most people on this board makes fun of EL just because of how stupid the poster Euroleague is. As an european, and a huge EL fan, love my Žalgiris, I can tell you all, Euroleague the poster is as stupid and as non-factual as they get

STATUTORY
01-20-2014, 12:14 PM
An Euro All Star team would most likely win the title. Dirk won with old Kidd, Marion, Terry and Chandler. Replace them with Calderon, Rubio, Parker, Batum, Pek, Marc Gasol...that's the best team in the league even with old ass Dirk.
I don't think I made myself clear, I mean euroleague all star team, not euro players in the nba.

dr.hee
01-20-2014, 12:17 PM
I don't think I made myself clear, I mean euroleague all star team, not euro players in the nba.

Ah okay...they would make the playoffs in the East, but not a contender imo.

KyrieTheFuture
01-20-2014, 12:33 PM
Crickets from Euroleague over here. Maybe his internet connection in Arkansas is just too slow.

Kblaze8855
01-20-2014, 12:46 PM
Of course the euroleague is very good. And of course a lot of them could play in the NBA. A lot of them have. Look at the all euroleague teams.

Navarro, Vspan, Rudy Fernandez, Kristic, and so on. Kleiza. Mccalebb...all euroleague. He was on the Kings summer league team scoring 3ppg in 2009 and all euroleague second team in 2010. Josh Childress was second team over there. Splitter was first team. Gang of summer league guys like Sofo...all euroleague. Langdon....briefly on a summer league team. Scola and Pek became good players over here.

No doubt much of the euroleague....NBA level players. Just appears that their biggest stars are more suited to being role players here.

But they aren't garbage.

TonyD
01-20-2014, 12:49 PM
It's a valid statement but c'mon, it's Marc "FC Barcelona" Gasol, what else did you expect him to say?

SpanishACB
01-20-2014, 12:51 PM
let me throw a bone...

the nba isn't better as a league, it just has the best collection of players bar none

but as far as star player manufacturing, players teaming up to form super teams and bullshit ref calls and players having more decision making power than coaches on most teams not called san antonio spurs... it seriously could be better

and since i've seen a couple of comments making the same mistake... marc gasol played for estudiantes in ACB, fyi

Dr.J4ever
01-20-2014, 01:10 PM
Gasol didn't really say anything objectionable. Euroleague is a good league, maybe even very good, if you like half court basketball and zone defenses.It is also true that many EL players COULD play in the NBA in some form.

Of course, he was also being politically correct. How would it look like if Gasol, an ACB veteran and Spaniard, being interviewed about his former employers, just trash the EL, which honed him and made him into who he is today? Would that look so endearing? No, when you are in the superior league, what Gasol said is what he was suppose to say.

So folks, nothing to see here.... Move along. Move along.

fandarko
01-20-2014, 01:18 PM

Spanoulis is way better than Marshal.

fandarko
01-20-2014, 01:23 PM
This is definitely true. There are more Americans named In Euroleague greatest players, Euroleague MVPs, All Euroleague Team than any nation in Euroleague. Most of those scrubs were in Europe because NBA did not bother. Corpses of Nique and McAdoo dominated those unathletic and slow as molasses unfit Euros.

I reckon that was the last time you watched European basketball.

McAdoo dominated in the mid-80s, a lot of things have changed since then.

Nique never, NEVER dominated in Europe. He was solid at best. I know, since I've watched him for Panathinaikos. He was good near the end of the season and really helped them, but his style didn't really fit European basketball.

You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Chandler Parsons averaged 10 points for a mediocre French team (like 4th tier in Europe), so does it mean he's a scrub.

Ask Jennings about his experience in Roma and the Euroleague.

ImKobe
01-20-2014, 01:26 PM
Spanoulis is way better than Marshal.

Spanoulis averaged 2.7 ppg and 0.9 apg in the NBA. I'll take Marshall's 10.6 ppg 9.2 apg with 48,1% from 3.

Demitri98
01-20-2014, 01:27 PM
People wouldn't bash the Euroleague so much if you didn't shove it down their throats.

fandarko
01-20-2014, 01:31 PM
Spanoulis averaged 2.7 ppg and 0.9 apg in the NBA. I'll take Marshall's 10.6 ppg 9.2 apg with 48,1% from 3.

That confirms you don't know what you are talking about.

Spanoulis killed the US national team on the 2006 worlds.

He wouldn't have done it were he a scrub.

His play with the Rockets with the stats you are referring to is like 10% of the player he later became.

You put Marshall in his situation in the Euroleague and he wouldn't do shit.

Not to say he's not a very good player, but stats don't matter here.

As I already said, Beno Udrih averaged 15 points with the Kings one season.

Is he a better player than Spanoulis? No freaking way.

This has nothing to do with NBA/Euroleague comparison.

The NBA is clearly better, nobody disputes that.

But a different brand of basketball is played out there, not really comparable in terms of individual performance and statistics.

ImKobe
01-20-2014, 01:33 PM

Nique never, NEVER dominated in Europe. He was solid at best. I know, since I've watched him for Panathinaikos. He was good near the end of the season and really helped them, but his style didn't really fit European basketball.

Chandler Parsons averaged 10 points for a mediocre French team (like 4th tier in Europe), so does it mean he's a scrub.

that 10 ppg average came from only playing THREE games in 2011. Wow, that example must mean that Euroleague is even comparable to the NBA.

In three LNB games with Cholet, the Houston Rockets draft pick out of the University of Florida, Parsons managed averages of 10.0 points, 6.0 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 2.3 steals per game. :coleman:

ImKobe
01-20-2014, 01:40 PM
That confirms you don't know what you are talking about.

Spanoulis killed the US national team on the 2006 worlds.

He wouldn't have done it were he a scrub.

His play with the Rockets with the stats you are referring to is like 10% of the player he later became.

You put Marshall in his situation in the Euroleague and he wouldn't do shit.

Not to say he's not a very good player, but stats don't matter here.

As I already said, Beno Udrih averaged 15 points with the Kings one season.

Is he a better player than Spanoulis? No freaking way.

This has nothing to do with NBA/Euroleague comparison.

The NBA is clearly better, nobody disputes that.

But a different brand of basketball is played out there, not really comparable in terms of individual performance and statistics.

Udrih is better than Spanoulis. At least he has managed to stay in the league for nearly 10 years as opposed to Spanoulis playing 31 before getting kicked out for being useless.

We all know the two leagues are different. The Euroleague is slower in terms of pace and the players are not as athletic. They might be comparable when it comes to overall basketball skill, but they just can't run with NBA teams.

So, based off of one game, Spanoulis is better than Udrih, because he scored 22 points?

There are some great European players, but the overall talent in Europe is just not as strong as it is in the US. That's all I'm trying to say.

OP is the one that made this thread, and he's been pushing this ridiculous agenda for years.

fandarko
01-20-2014, 01:41 PM
that 10 ppg average came from only playing THREE games in 2011. Wow, that example must mean that Euroleague is even comparable to the NBA.

:coleman:

So what?

Do you realise it was a team that would lose every Euroleague game by 30?

According to your line of reasoning, any NBA player could land in any Euroleague team and dominate right away.

Outside of the best (TD, Lebron, Dirk, Love) this couldn't be further from the truth.

Spanoulis averaged 8,8 minutes per game in Houston, mostly garbage time.

Not really a career opportunity.

Prime Tim Duncan surely dominated the Fiba Olympics in 2004 posting 12/9 and constantly whining about refereeing.

These are two different brands of basketball, period.

Boarder Patrol
01-20-2014, 01:42 PM
Euroleague now avoiding this like the plague apparently.

ImKobe
01-20-2014, 01:44 PM
So what?

Do you realise it was a team that would lose every Euroleague game by 30?

According to your line of reasoning, any NBA player could land in any Euroleague team and dominate right away.

Outside of the best (TD, Lebron, Dirk, Love) this couldn't be further from the truth.

Spanoulis averaged 8,8 minutes per game in Houston, mostly garbage time.

Not really a career opportunity.

Prime Tim Duncan surely dominated the Fiba Olympics in 2004 posting 12/9 and constantly whining about refereeing.

These are two different brands of basketball, period.

NBA is a much better league, let's just agree about that and leave other bs aside.

DaSeba5
01-20-2014, 01:44 PM
Dang he's nowhere to be found now :lol

ImKobe
01-20-2014, 01:45 PM
Euroleague now avoiding this like the plague apparently.

fandarko = Euroleague :coleman:

using alts to "troll" me, I'm onto you, boy.

fandarko
01-20-2014, 01:50 PM
Udrih is better than Spanoulis. At least he has managed to stay in the league for nearly 10 years as opposed to Spanoulis playing 31 before getting kicked out for being useless.

We all know the two leagues are different. The Euroleague is slower in terms of pace and the players are not as athletic. They might be comparable when it comes to overall basketball skill, but they just can't run with NBA teams.

So, based off of one game, Spanoulis is better than Udrih, because he scored 22 points?

There are some great European players, but the overall talent in Europe is just not as strong as it is in the US. That's all I'm trying to say.

OP is the one that made this thread, and he's been pushing this ridiculous agenda for years.

I feel you. Udrih is a better NBA player, but Spanoulis is the better Euroleague player.

In the wrong situation, Udrih too would end up being a garbage time player.

In the wrong situation, Dirk could have been forced to play C and end up mediocre.

Nobody's disputing US preeminence in basketball here, or that of the NBA over the Euroleague.

What irks me, as someone who has watched both leagues from the early eighties, is to read stupidities such as "The Bucks would win the Euroleague" or "Lebron would score 50 in Euroleague" and similar shit from people who have probably never travelled outside the US or don't know the difference between FIBA and NBA rules.

As for the Parsons reference, it's a good example of an excellent player in the wrong situation. It's easy to draw the wrong conclusion from his 10 PPG stint in a modest French team, as it is wrong to make the same conclusion about Spanoulis in his short time with the Rockets...

highwhey
01-20-2014, 02:29 PM
:oldlol:

Mr. Jabbar
01-20-2014, 02:31 PM
i like how after all this years euroleague still tries to prove earth is flat :applause:

Bigsmoke
Not a good poster that's for sure

King1991nba
USA has 7 players with Final Four MVP honors in EL (best all-time), there's no way Euroleague or Euro-players are better, no way...

37-year-old Bob McAdoo with bad knees won Final Four MVP award in 1988! And that was the time of Petrovic, Sabonis and Galis in their PRIME YEARS!! :D

Before Final Four MVP honors (1988-today), EL had ''Euroleague Finals Top Scorers'' as an ''award''...

OFC, USA players dominated again, USA scrubs OFC... USA scrubs were 12 times the best scorers in Euroleague Finals! (1958-1987) :D

USA is NO1 b-ball country in the world, even Europe as an continent can't get close to USA...

And all that ''USA has 300 milion people wider pool of players bla bla'' bullshit is ****ing ridicoulus... It's all about culture of the sport, and USA has the best b-ball culture in the world...

Lithuania is also a country with great b-ball history (1991-today)... 4 milion people and they have more b-ball medals than Russia (150+ million) in last 20 years... It's all about culture and youth development, and USA is by far the best in that category also

215Philly
01-20-2014, 02:33 PM
And water is really, really wet

ZenMaster
01-20-2014, 02:39 PM
USA has 7 players with Final Four MVP honors in EL (best all-time), there's no way Euroleague or Euro-players are better, no way...

37-year-old Bob McAdoo with bad knees won Final Four MVP award in 1988! And that was the time of Petrovic, Sabonis and Galis in their PRIME YEARS!! :D

Before Final Four MVP honors (1988-today), EL had ''Euroleague Finals Top Scorers'' as an ''award''...

OFC, USA players dominated again, USA scrubs OFC... USA scrubs were 12 times the best scorers in Euroleague Finals! (1958-1987) :D

USA is NO1 b-ball country in the world, even Europe as an continent can't get close to USA...

And all that ''USA has 300 milion people wider pool of players bla bla'' bullshit is ****ing ridicoulus... It's all about culture of the sport, and USA has the best b-ball culture in the world...

Lithuania is also a country with great b-ball history (1991-today)... 4 milion people and they have more b-ball medals than Russia (150+ million) in last 20 years... It's all about culture and youth development, and USA is by far the best in that category also

If it's ALL about culture and youth development and genetics don't have any say, Lithuania would be better than the US.

Like it doesn't matter one country has 300 million people while the other has about 3.5 :rolleyes:

jzek
01-20-2014, 02:43 PM
What's he supposed to say? That Euroleague is really really bad? He's just being politically correct. If he's in Spain and a Spanish reporter asks him about the NBA, I bet you he'll say the exact same thing about the NBA!

fandarko
01-20-2014, 02:48 PM

You are talking about the 80s, there was no Euroleague back then, but the Cup of the Champions.

It was FAR less physical and there were less European countries that were good at basketball. Greece sucked, so did Turkey and France and Germany. European basketball was at 50% it was today skills and athletic ability wise.

As for LIthuania, these guys don't have their history dating back from 1991, but rather from before WW2, when they were three times European champions.

Granted, USA has the best basketball culture in the world, nobody disputes that. The McAdoo example is not a good one, since Petrovic and Sabonis and Galis would shit at McAdoo every time they met.

In the 80s European players never saw a weight room and a track field.
As soon as they caught up athletically, they lifted their game by 50%.

Back then, you send a national team to a NCAA tourney in the winter and they lose all the games by 20.

Now you send a first division European team (that's tier 3 or 4 Euroleague) to play the Sweet sixteen teams in the NCAA and they kill everyone by 20. National teams would win by 100.

Everything has changed in the last 20-years. The NCAA, for one, was much stronger with players staying the full term, while today it's dominated by one and done 19-year olds.

Some on this forum think the Euroleague is the Chinese league, where ex. NBA ball hogs average 30 PPG.

Bottom line NBA>Euroleague>Eurocup>national leagues>>>NCAA>>D-league (come on, Warriors' Nemanja Nedovic scoring 30 in the D-league, while he couldn't average 10 points in the Serbian league)...

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 03:43 PM
Show me the quotes. I bet you they haven't.

Chris Kaman, Mike Fratello, Ricky Rubio, etc. They all said it. And yes, it's been posted here numerous freaking damn times.

Rooster
01-20-2014, 03:44 PM
If it's ALL about culture and youth development and genetics don't have any say, Lithuania would be better than the US.

Like it doesn't matter one country has 300 million people while the other has about 3.5 :rolleyes:

Players from Los Angeles area with comparable population are better than Lithuania.:facepalm

NumberSix
01-20-2014, 03:44 PM
Marc Gasol is a known liar.

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 03:46 PM
Well, I think there are different ways of playing basketball. Euro is more defense-focused and intense in regular season.
And NBA is more entertainment oriented, and definitely better when playoffs arrives.
I can enjoy both of them :cheers:

No. The NBA playoffs are a joke in the first round. And don't even get really serious until the conference finals.

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 03:48 PM
It's good for Europe, sure. Can't really compare it to the NBA; like comparing Varsity to the JV.

And I'm sure several of Euroleague's top players would do terrific in the NBA if they could adjust their games accordingly. But as we know, NBA scrubs (not all but a goodly number) go to Europe and immediately watch their stats double because the Euros just can't hang.

Sooooo, I don't knock Gasol for his opinion. But I don't agree with it.

That's an absolute pure fantasy and complete bullshit. Most NBA players stats are LOWER in Euroleague and HIGHER in NBA.

CUT THE BULLSHIT

Rooster
01-20-2014, 03:48 PM

Since 2000, there are more US players that are named Euroleague MVPs and All Euroleague team than any nation in Europe. Most of them are scrubs and rejects.

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 03:51 PM
Of course the euroleague is very good. And of course a lot of them could play in the NBA. A lot of them have. Look at the all euroleague teams.

Navarro, Vspan, Rudy Fernandez, Kristic, and so on. Kleiza. Mccalebb...all euroleague. He was on the Kings summer league team scoring 3ppg in 2009 and all euroleague second team in 2010. Josh Childress was second team over there. Splitter was first team. Gang of summer league guys like Sofo...all euroleague. Langdon....briefly on a summer league team. Scola and Pek became good players over here.

No doubt much of the euroleague....NBA level players. Just appears that their biggest stars are more suited to being role players here.

But they aren't garbage.

Yeah, just like numerous NBA players that have HUGE stats in NBA put up absolute PATHETIC stats in Euroleague.

Not like the facts would ever mean anything to you though, or not like you would EVER even one time mention that though right...............

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 03:54 PM
People wouldn't bash the Euroleague so much if you didn't shove it down their throats.

Yes they would. I started talking about Euroleague here, because there were like 10 threads here a day BASHING the living hell out of the Euroleague and its players before I even joined the site.

So please just stop.

Rooster
01-20-2014, 03:55 PM
Yeah, just like numerous NBA players that have HUGE stats in NBA put up absolute PATHETIC stats in Euroleague.

Not like the facts would ever mean anything to you though, or not like you would EVER even one time mention that though right...............

Look at the All Eurobasket team, it's basically NBA players.:oldlol:

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 03:55 PM
let me throw a bone...

the nba isn't better as a league, it just has the best collection of players bar none

but as far as star player manufacturing, players teaming up to form super teams and bullshit ref calls and players having more decision making power than coaches on most teams not called san antonio spurs... it seriously could be better

and since i've seen a couple of comments making the same mistake... marc gasol played for estudiantes in ACB, fyi

You do realize that none of these Americans has any freaking clue what the Euroleague, ACB, Barca, Estudiantes, etc. even is right? They are all completely full of shit.

Black and White
01-20-2014, 03:56 PM
That's an absolute pure fantasy and complete bullshit. Most NBA players stats are LOWER in Euroleague and HIGHER in NBA.

CUT THE BULLSHIT

Anthony Parker?

Brokenbeat
01-20-2014, 03:57 PM
Marc Gasol: "Euroleague Is Real Good, Really, Really Good"

Yeah, I heard he gobbles up that Eurocock.

kNIOKAS
01-20-2014, 03:57 PM
You heard it here. Apply

Rooster
01-20-2014, 03:58 PM
You do realize that none of these Americans has any freaking clue what the Euroleague, ACB, Barca, Estudiantes, etc. even is right? They are all completely full of shit.

All Minor leagues.:roll: :facepalm

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 03:59 PM

"The players are not as athletic" is USA code words for "the players are not completely doped up".

Black and White
01-20-2014, 04:01 PM
How would the D-League all star team do?

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 04:02 PM

The I read Wikipedia so I am an "expert" trolls.......the most amusing trolls of all........

:rolleyes:

ImKobe
01-20-2014, 04:07 PM

1st off, games in Europe are 40 minutes long, so of course the stats are not going to be as high, they play less minutes :facepalm

2nd off, show me those guys that put up HUGE stats in the NBA and become scrubs in Europe. Usually guys that become too old(are not as athletic or quick anymore) go to the Euroleague and yeah they're not always that impressive, but there are more examples of NBA scrubs dominating Europe than vice versa.

Europe's leading scorer is averaging 19.5 ppg right now...:sleeping

Spanoulis isn't even leading the league in scoring, he's averaging 17.1 ppg on 47,2% FG and 5.2 apg in 29 minutes per game

Rudy Fernandez is arguably the best player in that league right now, averaging 18.8 ppg 3.6 rpg 4.2 apg 1.3 spg in 27 mpg on 47% FG and 94,4% FT:coleman:

When I watch Euroleague games or European teams in the Olympics, they are slow and their games are boring, way too much passing, but they have some great shooters there, and every once in a while you see a big dunk.

ImKobe
01-20-2014, 04:08 PM
"The players are not as athletic" is USA code words for "the players are not completely doped up".

Doped up? It's called genes. Black people can get up. White people very rarely can.

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 04:12 PM
Since 2000, there are more US players that are named Euroleague MVPs and All Euroleague team than any nation in Europe. Most of them are scrubs and rejects.

Gary Neal
Ty Lawson
Ricky Rubio
Goran Dragic
Zaza Pachulia

etc
etc
etc
etc
etc

The list goes on and on and on of guys that had HORRIBLE HORRIBLE numbers in Euroleague and yet are starters or 6th men in NBA.

Not to mention the list of players that spent YEARS and YEARS and YEARS and YEARS and YEARS and YEARS in Europe trying to make the Euroleague and NEVER could make it...............

and lo and behold made the NBA...........

Gal Mekel
Vitor Faverani
Slava Kravstov

etc etc etc etc etc etc on and on

or not mentioning the endless seemingly endless list of super scrubs from Europe drafted from MINOR EUROPEAN LEAGUES that got drafted from MINOR LEAGUES in Europe and went straight into the NBA.

Hell, the freaking list is so damn long it's mind boggling. These guys couldn't even make their senior men's teams in Europe, even if they were playing in POS domestic leagues and in POS teams in those POS domestic leagues, yet, just a few months later, they were playing in the NBA. List is freaking HUGE.

Or the best of all.......................the old washed up HAS BEENS from Europe that are getting cut, and that no one in Europe wants anymore, and that tried to get contracts in Europe after being cut by teams, and that no teams in Europe would sign.........

Pablo Prigioni ring a bell? You know, the guy that was the Knicks starting point guard in the playoffs.

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 04:15 PM
Doped up? It's called genes. Black people can get up. White people very rarely can.

Right...............the whole, "they are not as athletic" code words for, "we are racist against white people".

outbreak
01-20-2014, 04:15 PM
1st off, games in Europe are 40 minutes long, so of course the stats are not going to be as high, they play less minutes :facepalm

2nd off, show me those guys that put up HUGE stats in the NBA and become scrubs in Europe. Usually guys that become too old(are not as athletic or quick anymore) go to the Euroleague and yeah they're not always that impressive, but there are more examples of NBA scrubs dominating Europe than vice versa.

Spanoulis isn't even leading the league in scoring, he's averaging 17.1 ppg on 47,2% FG and 5.2 apg in 29 minutes per game

Rudy Fernandez is arguably the best player in that league right now, averaging 18.8 ppg 3.6 rpg 4.2 apg 1.3 spg in 27 mpg on 47% FG and 94,4% FT:coleman:

When I watch Euroleague games or European teams in the Olympics, they are slow and their games are boring, way too much passing, but they have some great shooters there, and every once in a while you see a big dunk.

Remember its slower with less possessions and stresses team ball more. Even euro players don't put up massive stats like the nba because the nba markets itself on big stats and had rules and teams that push that for entertainment. The euro leauge isn't as bad as people here say and Good on Marc for supporting it but he is in no way saying it's better than the nba and I've never seen op post a quote that actually said that unless it's one of those twisted quotes where he changes the meaning Like when when Parker said winning euro basket meant more than and nba title and euroleague made a thread claiming he ment that it's harder than the nba and he takes it more serious when in actual fact hes just touched to represent his country like all people are

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 04:18 PM
How would the D-League all star team do?

According to ESPN, Antetokounmpo's league in Greece was, "equal to 8th grade level basketball in the USA"................

Yet, somehow, he manages to put up better numbers in the NBA than he did in that 8th grade league............and his brother the same pretty much in the D-League. While half their team is now playing in either the Greek first division, or even in the Eurocup.

Yet, that team was just THIRD in that "8th grade level league".........

Yeah..........more "expert analysis" from the American basketball "experts".

outbreak
01-20-2014, 04:18 PM
It's a different style and system that stresses different aspects of the game. It's wrong for posters here to diss euro guys like they do but your the fool making threads over and over pushing your agenda which is just as crazy. Different players in different style leagues could struggle Whys that so hard to comprehend,? It works both ways vspanisn't
a scrub but he didn't fit te nba style and struggled to gel

Gary Neal
Ty Lawson
Ricky Rubio
Goran Dragic
Zaza Pachulia

etc
etc
etc
etc
etc

The list goes on and on and on of guys that had HORRIBLE HORRIBLE numbers in Euroleague and yet are starters or 6th men in NBA.

Not to mention the list of players that spent YEARS and YEARS and YEARS and YEARS and YEARS and YEARS in Europe trying to make the Euroleague and NEVER could make it...............

Gal Mekel
Vitor Faverani
Slava Kravstov

or not mentioning the endless seemingly endless list of super scrubs from Europe drafted from MINOR EUROPEAN LEAGUES that got drafted from MINOR LEAGUES in Europe and went straight into the NBA.

Hell, the freaking list is so damn long it's mind boggling. These guys couldn't even making their senior men's teams in Europe, even if they were playing in POS domestic leagues and in POS teams in those POS domestic leagues, yet, just a few months later they were playing in the NBA. List is freaking HUGE.

Or the best of all.......................the old washed up HAS BEENS from Europe that are getting cut that no one in Europe wants anymore, and that tried to get contracts in Europe after being cut by teams and that no teams in Europe would sign.........

Pablo Prigioni ring a bell? You know, the guy that was the Knicks starting point guard in the playoffs.

Byobob
01-20-2014, 04:19 PM
Right...............the whole, "they are not as athletic" code words for "we are racist against white people".

Or you know... fact. :lol :lol :lol

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 04:20 PM

Start with Ty Lawson genius. Then STFU.

Rooster
01-20-2014, 04:26 PM
Gary Neal
Ty Lawson
Ricky Rubio
Goran Dragic
Zaza Pachulia

etc
etc
etc
etc
etc

Gal Mekel
Vitor Faverani
Slava Kravstov

Hell, the freaking list is so damn long it's mind boggling. These guys couldn't even making their senior men's teams in Europe, even if they were playing in POS domestic leagues and in POS teams in those POS domestic leagues, yet, just a few months later they were playing in the NBA. List is freaking HUGE.

Or the best of all.......................the old washed up HAS BEENS from Europe that are getting cut that no one in Europe wants anymore, and that tried to get contracts in Europe after being cut by teams and that no teams in Europe would sign.........

Just to let you know Anthony Parker never got a hero welcome when

He became Euroleague GOAT:roll:

3 Euroleague MVPs:roll:
3 Euroleague champions
In 5 Years

Just another American who balled at Europe because NBA rejected him.:roll:

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 04:28 PM
It's a different style and system that stresses different aspects of the game. It's wrong for posters here to diss euro guys like they do but your the fool making threads over and over pushing your agenda which is just as crazy. Different players in different style leagues could struggle Whys that so hard to comprehend,? It works both ways vspanisn't
a scrub but he didn't fit te nba style and struggled to gel

These a-holes are saying over and over, that it's a FACT, and that "everyone knows it's a fact", that "every single NBA player pretty much doubles or triples their numbers when they go to the Euroleague", even if "they are 38 years old"............

If you say that is not true, you get ATTACKED VICIOUSLY and called out severely here.

And you are saying I'm the one that has the problem?

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 04:29 PM
Just to let you know Anthony Parker never got a hero welcome when

He became Euroleague GOAT:roll:

3 Euroleague MVPs:roll:
3 Euroleague champions
In 5 Years

Just another American who balled at Europe because NBA rejected him.:roll:

FALSE

Black and White
01-20-2014, 04:31 PM
According to ESPN, Antetokounmpo's league in Greece was, "equal to 8th grade level basketball in the USA"................

Yet, somehow, he manages to put up better numbers in the NBA than he did in that 8th grade league............and his brother the same pretty much in the D-League. While half their team is now playing in either the Greek first division, or even in the Eurocup.

Yet, that team was just THIRD in that "8th grade level league".........

Yeah..........more "expert analysis" from the American basketball "experts".

Giannis is still young man, he has a long way to go, with his size (he is still growing by the way) he could become a real force.

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 04:32 PM

Oh I see, like it's a fact that white people have higher IQs than black people?

I mean, it's actually a statistical fact.

However, there has never been at any time in history anything to ever prove or show that blacks are, "more athletic than whites". That's just someone claiming that.

So, now what?

If you are going to spread RACIST shit here, you need to piss off. I have ZERO tolerance for racism. I don't care if it is racism against any race, or in any form.

One more racist comment, and you will be reported.

Rooster
01-20-2014, 04:32 PM
FALSE

Look at Mike Batiste and Langdon

Clippers cut and rejected those guys

And Batiste became a Greek legend:applause: :roll:

And Langdon was balling out of control in Russia.:oldlol:

macmac
01-20-2014, 04:33 PM
The best high school players in the tri state area would probably be a top 3 team in the Euroleague. This year's Mcdonald All american team would give the Euroleague champs a whooping.

Rooster
01-20-2014, 04:35 PM

Fact

Bobby Brown broke the all time Euroleague single game scoring record last year:roll:

And can't get a NBA contract:no:

ImKobe
01-20-2014, 04:36 PM
Start with Ty Lawson genius. Then STFU.

Someone seems mad. Ty Lawson is your best example? He averaged 11.7 ppg 4.7 assists in his 2nd year in the league, hardly great stats, below average if we're talking about a starting PG.

So, he only played 7 games in Europe and was not satisfied with the game there, didn't really fit in but still averaged 7.4 ppg on 43% shooting, 3 rpg 1 apg and 0.9 spg in 21 mpg, so he played a total of 147 minutes in Europe. He was also only 23. Great sample size to judge one's production :applause:

You have no great examples because Euroleague sucks ass, and no great NBA player would ever abandon this league to go play in a shitty 3rd world country. :coleman:

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 04:38 PM
Look at Mike Batiste and Langdon

Clippers cut and rejected those guys

And Batiste became a Greek legend:applause: :roll:

And Langdon was balling out of control in Russia.:oldlol:

Kind of like Prigioni got cut by 2 teams in Spain and was starting for the Knicks in the playoffs at age 36.

Or kind of like Antic got cut by Olympiacos and has been starting for the Hawks.

:applause:

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 04:39 PM
Fact

Bobby Brown broke the all time Euroleague single game scoring record last year:roll:

And can't get a NBA contract:no:

False

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 04:39 PM
Someone seems mad. Ty Lawson is your best example? He averaged 11.7 ppg 4.7 assists in his 2nd year in the league, hardly great stats, below average if we're talking about a starting PG.

So, he only played 7 games in Europe and was not satisfied with the game there, didn't really fit in but still averaged 7.4 ppg on 43% shooting, 3 rpg 1 apg and 0.9 spg in 21 mpg, so he played a total of 147 minutes in Europe. He was also only 23. Great sample size to judge one's production :applause:

You have no great examples because Euroleague sucks ass, and no great NBA player would ever abandon this league to go play in a shitty 3rd world country. :coleman:

You are a troll. You also have clearly proven that you are retarded and incredibly uneducated and ignorant.

You are the classic example of the NBA only fan jackass POS.

Rooster
01-20-2014, 04:40 PM

Bob McAdoo and Nique did that

And their corpses dominated.

The only difference

NBA rejected Mc Adoo

Andrew Wiggins
01-20-2014, 04:40 PM
http://www.lesitedeschampions.ca/hou.gif

Once upon a time a basketball fan on the internet existed that hurled insults and cursed at people unsolicted and felt his actions were justified when confronted by mods - acted like others always started it:
http://www.yaomingmania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5725&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20&PHPSESSID=f

He had a habit of not providing links when posting 'news':
http://www.yaomingmania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7071&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=10&PHPSESSID=f

This had earned him a very poor reputation. Wherever he went, even prior to 2004 he was actually perma-banned from ESPN's old message boards... he has apparently been around for a long long time:
http://www.yaomingmania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7196&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&PHPSESSID=f

He was from Arkansas but he moved to Greece. He had a Youtube channel dedicated to his favorite player Vassilis Spanoullis:
http://www.yaomingmania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=332306&sid=6cfd71c82ca8b8256b5ee2410d5e122a&PHPSESSID=f

Any of you guys ever heard of this "Ming_7_6" guy?

what's wrong with you euroleague, err ming_7_6? :biggums:

Rooster
01-20-2014, 04:41 PM
False

Joseph Blair was waving towels for the Mouse at Arizona.:oldlol:

And became Euroleague MVP.:applause:

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 04:42 PM
Joseph Blair was waving towels for the Mouse at Arizona.:oldlol:

And became Euroleague MVP.:applause:

False

Your schtick is pathetic.

get a life.

Rooster
01-20-2014, 04:44 PM
Kind of like Prigioni got cut by 2 teams in Spain and was starting for the Knicks in the playoffs at age 36.

Or kind of like Antic got cut by Olympiacos and has been starting for the Hawks.

:applause:

That Macedonian scrub was better in the best league than any genuine Greek player ever.:roll:

outbreak
01-20-2014, 04:44 PM
These a-holes are saying over and over, that it's a FACT, and that "everyone knows it's a fact", that "every single NBA player pretty much doubles or triples their numbers when they go to the Euroleague", even if "they are 38 years old"............

If you say that is not true, you get ATTACKED VICIOUSLY and called out severely here.

And you are saying I'm the one that has the problem?

you of all people should be able to realise when someone is trolling you.

ImKobe
01-20-2014, 04:45 PM
Oh I see, like it's a fact that white people have higher IQs than black people?

I mean it's actually a statistical fact.

However, there has never been at any time in history anything to ever prove or show that blacks are "more athletic than whites". That's just someone claiming that.

So, now what?

If you are going to spread RACIST shit here, you need to piss off. I have ZERO tolerance for racism. I don't care if it is racism against any race, or in any form.

One more racist comment, and you will be reported.

It's scientifically confirmed, Jesus Christ you're stupid. Who are the fastest sprinters in the world? Black. Who are the best long jumpers in the world? Black. Who has the highest all-time vertical leap in NBA history? A black person. How many white people have actually won the NBA dunk contest? One. Brent Barry.

Black people are more athletically gifted.

Here's a great article that explains this issue

[QUOTE]Twenty-eight of the last 38 world record holders in the men's 100-meter dash have been black athletes, and researchers at two universities think they know why.

A new study by researchers at Howard University, a historically black school in Washington D.C., and Duke University in North Carolina suggests why black athletes may outperform athletes of other races in running events. Physical differences in the length of the limbs and the structure of the body mean the center of gravity tends to be higher in the bodies of black people, the researchers say.

Since 1968, the world record holders in the men's 100-meter dash have been black athletes. And since 1912, when the International Association of Athletics Federations started keeping track of the record holders in that event, only 10 non-black athletes out of 38 individuals have held the title.

"There is a whole body of evidence showing that there are distinct differences in body types among blacks and whites," said researcher Edward Jones, who researches adolescent obesity, nutrition and body composition at Howard University. "These are real patterns being described here. Whether the fastest sprinters are Jamaican, African or Canadian, most of them can be traced back generally to Western Africa."

Why center of gravity matters

Although there are also cultural factors at work, it all comes down to body makeup, Jones said.

"Blacks tend to have longer limbs with smaller circumferences, meaning that their centers of gravity are higher compared to whites of the same height," said Adrian Bejan, Jones' co-author, an engineering professor at Duke University. "Asians and whites tend to have longer torsos, so their centers of gravity are lower."

"These differences are small, and we don't really see them when we look at someone," Bejan told Life's Little Mysteries. "We are only rarely struck by how long someone's legs are."

But these small differences certainly matter in races lasting less than 10 seconds, Bejan said.

The height of a person's center of gravity affects how fast his feet are moving when they hit the ground, Bejan said. Each step a runner takes is like falling except the athlete breaks the fall with his foot. So the feet of a person with a higher center of gravity will hit the ground faster than someone with a lower center of gravity.

Torsos and legs

In the study, the scientists gathered data available from the militaries of 17 nations. Militaries measure their recruits for uniform fittings and are a reliable source of data, Bejan said. To approximate torso length, the scientists compared the average height of the military men with their sitting height

Rooster
01-20-2014, 04:47 PM
False

Your schtick is pathetic.

get a life.

Nate Huffman was rejected by NBA

Then went to became Euroleague MVP

Some stupid GM signed him

And faded from obscurity

ImKobe
01-20-2014, 04:49 PM
You are a troll. You also have clearly proven that you are retarded and incredibly uneducated and ignorant.

You are the classic example of the NBA only fan jackass POS.

Maybe I'd be a bigger fan of the Euroleague if it was more entertaining and had tougher competition.

Oh, and remember this thread? Here's Tony Parker(3rd best PG in the NBA) playing in the same competition as Spanoulis

Vassilis Spanoulis

25.7 mpg

50 Field Goal %
31.3 3 Point Field Goal %
71.4 Free Throw %

13.7 Points Per Game
1.3 Rebounds Per Game
2.0 Assists Per Game

1.3 Steals Per Game
0.0 Blocks Per Game
4.7 Turnovers Per Game

Tony Parker

27.0 MPG

57.9 Field Goal %
33.3 3 Point Field Goal %
73.3 Free Throw %

18.8 Points Per Game
2.0 Rebounds Per Game
4.8 Assists Per Game

0.6 Steals Per Game
0.0 Blocks Per Game
1.6 Turnovers Per Game

He also won the Eurobasket MVP.

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 04:53 PM
Nate Huffman was rejected by NBA

Then went to became Euroleague MVP

Some stupid GM signed him

And faded from obscurity

False

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 04:55 PM
That Macedonian scrub was better in the best league than any genuine Greek player ever.:roll:

He's actually a Serb. Of course, you are too stupid to figure that out. Newsflash genius, Antic is a Serbian name.

Heatles201
01-20-2014, 04:55 PM
I enjoy watching Euro ball alot but come on now this is just stupid.

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 04:56 PM
you of all people should be able to realise when someone is trolling you.

You are arrogant. You are condescending. And on top of it, you are too damn stupid to even realize that they are NOT trolling.

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 04:57 PM
It's scientifically confirmed, Jesus Christ you're stupid. Who are the fastest sprinters in the world? Black. Who are the best long jumpers in the world? Black. Who has the highest all-time vertical leap in NBA history? A black person. How many white people have actually won the NBA dunk contest? One. Brent Barry.

Black people are more athletically gifted.

Here's a great article that explains this issue

http://www.livescience.com/10716-scientists-theorize-black-athletes-run-fastest.html

Reported. Racism will NOT be tolerated.

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 04:59 PM
Maybe I'd be a bigger fan of the Euroleague if it was more entertaining and had tougher competition.

Oh, and remember this thread? Here's Tony Parker(3rd best PG in the NBA) playing in the same competition as Spanoulis

He also won the Eurobasket MVP.

Your team's (Lakers) coach is on record as saying Spanoulis is one of the top 5 basketball players in the world.

And those stats are pure bullshit, and you know it.

http://www.eurobasket2013.org/en/cid_8Xfg3jZMG1QuJnp6pnUWd3.pageID_FGXd9ExbII-hQNQEBcgQi3.compID_qMRZdYCZI6EoANOrUf9le2.season_2 013.html

Those are the actual stats. I've had enough of you. IGNORE LIST.

outbreak
01-20-2014, 04:59 PM
Reported. Racism will NOT be tolerated.
"Oh I see, like it's a fact that white people have higher IQs than black people?

I mean, it's actually a statistical fact." - euroleague

no racism huh?

Rooster
01-20-2014, 05:01 PM
False

Tyus Edney was passing towels on cow town

And went on to win Euroleague MVP

Too fast and too furious for those

Unathletic and slow as molasses Euros.

ImKobe
01-20-2014, 05:01 PM
False

Suproleague only existed for one year, but it had some the best Europe clubs in it, the best teams were split between the Suproleague and "Euroleague", he won the MVP. He led his team to the championship.

ImKobe
01-20-2014, 05:03 PM
Your coach is on record as saying Spanoulis is one of the top 5 basketball players in the world.

And those stats are pure bullshit and you know it.

Thanks for the laughs, bro.

Rooster
01-20-2014, 05:03 PM
Your coach is on record as saying Spanoulis is one of the top 5 basketball players in the world.

And those stats are pure bullshit and you know it.

VSpan as a The leader for Greece national team.

11th in FIBA World:oldlol:

Can't make it 2012 Olympics:roll:

Can't make it to 2014 FIBA Worlds.:roll: :roll:

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 05:04 PM
Suproleague only existed for one year, but it had some the best Europe clubs in it, the best teams were split between the Suproleague and "Euroleague", he won the MVP. He led his team to the championship.

Suproleague had NOTHING to do with Euroleague. Calling it a Euroleague "championship", or a Euroleague "MVP", is like calling an ABA MVP or championship, an NBA MVP or championship.

The level of trolling from you is beyond the pale.

IGNORE LIST.

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 05:07 PM
"Oh I see, like it's a fact that white people have higher IQs than black people?

I mean, it's actually a statistical fact." - euroleague

no racism huh?

It's a fact that white people do have higher IQs than black people. Yes, it is a statistical fact. And it's racism for you to deny that.

Keep denying it, and implying racism to simply state that fact, and you will be reported for reverse racism.

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 05:07 PM
Tyus Edney was passing towels on cow town

And went on to win Euroleague MVP

Too fast and too furious for those

Unathletic and slow as molasses Euros.

False

ImKobe
01-20-2014, 05:09 PM
Suproleague had NOTHING to do with Euroleague. Calling it a Euroleague "championship" or a Euroleague "MVP" is like calling an ABA MVP or championship an NBA MVP or championship.

The level of trolling from you is beyond the pale.

IGNORE LIST.

ABA teams did not play against NBA teams.

Suproleague had Panathinaikos,CSKA Moscow, two of the best Euroleague teams at that time. :biggums:

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 05:14 PM
VSpan as a The leader for Greece national team.

11th in FIBA World:oldlol:

Can't make it 2012 Olympics:roll:

Can't make it to 2014 FIBA Worlds.:roll: :roll:

Won the 2005 European championship, beating Parker and France in semis, beating Nowitzki and Germany in final.........

Beat USA in 2006, beating LeBron, Paul, Wade, Anthony, Howard, Bosh in semis........

Beat Spain and all their NBA players in 2013, despite being guarded the whole game by a double team and Rubio.........

Oh, and actually he did make it to the 2014 FIBA World Cup. And it's called 2014 FIBA World Cup, not "2014 FIBA Worlds" - you freaking idiot.

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 05:15 PM
ABA teams did not play against NBA teams.

Suproleague had Panathinaikos,CSKA Moscow, two of the best Euroleague teams at that time. :biggums:

Suproleague teams did not play against Euroleague teams.

:biggums:

:facepalm

ImKobe
01-20-2014, 05:20 PM
Suproleague teams did not play against Euroleague teams.

:facepalm

Suproleague only existed for ONE YEAR. The teams in that league were EUROLEAGUE TEAMS. Panathinaikos is a Euroleague team, CSKA Moscow is a Euroleague team, both teams have been in the Euroleague for 50+ years, Suproleague was a one year thing, where the top Euroleague teams played in.

I thought you ignore listed me? :lol

You obviously have nothing to argue about, and I already went in on you enough, just glad I got to stick it to you after a year of lurking and reading your horrible takes. Thank you.

Challenge completed.

Euroleague
01-20-2014, 05:22 PM
Suproleague only existed for ONE YEAR. The teams in that league were EUROLEAGUE TEAMS. Panathinaikos is a Euroleague team, CSKA Moscow is a Euroleague team, both teams have been in the Euroleague for 50+ years, Suproleague was a one year thing, where the top Euroleague teams played in.

I thought you ignore listed me? :lol

You obviously have nothing to argue about, and I already went in on you enough, just glad I got to stick it to you after a year of lurking and reading your horrible takes. Thank you.

Challenge completed.

Here is another Wikipedia reading expert clown troll. Of course, as with most of them, they have the reading comprehension of a 6 year old.

ZenMaster
01-20-2014, 05:59 PM
Players from Los Angeles area with comparable population are better than Lithuania.:facepalm

That's up for debate.

My main point is still genetic differences. Lithuania has 0 black guys.

dr.hee
01-20-2014, 06:03 PM
I feel for you, Euroleague. Here are some infos relevant to your mental issues, hope it helps :cheers:

http://bloggingonthecouch.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/what-is-bipolar-disorder-1.jpg

http://www.uspharmacist.com/CMSImagesContent/2007/11/1107bipolarT1.jpg

Maybe also this...

http://www.schizophrenia.com/research/Slide8.jpg

http://img.medscape.com/slide/migrated/editorial/cmecircle/2003/2747/images/sajatovic/slide36.gif

Take care, buddy!

no pun intended
01-20-2014, 06:03 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19u2l5_o-marc-gasol-μιλά-αποκλειστικά-σε-nba-greece-και-sport24_sport?start=16

At 2:37

Interviewer: Do you follow Euroleague?

Marc Gasol: Of course. I watched the replay of Bayern Munich today.

Interviewer: And what do you think about the level of Euroleague these years?

Marc Gasol: Real good. I mean, really, really good. There's a lot of players that could be, if they were given a chance, playing in the NBA right now. So the Euroleague is always good."
isn't gasol implying here that the nba is at a higher level? lmao op can't read for shit

SexSymbol
01-20-2014, 06:08 PM
OP, why do you have the need to try to prop up our league anyway you can any day you can?
You come off as pathetic, nobody takes you serious, plus, you know you are wrong, all international competition shows how Europe is still years behind NBA. It's not bad, we are catching up little by little. Stop embarrassing yourself, I don't know which country in Europe you are from, as you're definitely not from Alabama, but please stop embarrassing yourself, for the sake of Euroleague as the league. Remember, if anybody from EL's headquarters knew of you, they'd change the name of the league so as to be associated with you in any way.

Boarder Patrol
01-20-2014, 06:35 PM
False

When will you LEARN that saying FALSE repeatedly does not make you right?

IT DOES NOT MAKE YOU RIGHT.

Why do you REFUSE to use COUNTEREXAMPLES?

Because you have NONE. NONE.

ZERO.

You are a pathological liar and racist. A real creep. CREEP.

King1991nba
01-20-2014, 06:36 PM
OP, why do you have the need to try to prop up our league anyway you can any day you can?
You come off as pathetic, nobody takes you serious, plus, you know you are wrong, all international competition shows how Europe is still years behind NBA. It's not bad, we are catching up little by little. Stop embarrassing yourself, I don't know which country in Europe you are from, as you're definitely not from Alabama, but please stop embarrassing yourself, for the sake of Euroleague as the league. Remember, if anybody from EL's headquarters knew of you, they'd change the name of the league so as to be associated with you in any way.

:coleman:

Owned

dannywpt
01-20-2014, 06:39 PM
How many time did he have to use the word "really" to come off as somewhat serious? :D

oarabbus
01-20-2014, 06:48 PM
Dear Euroleague,

How did the powerhouse Greek team do in the EuroLeague? I heard they ran into some tough competition in the olympics vs. Nigeria. Please can you tell me the results of this game did Greece really lose? Also I believe the USA Men's team won that competition plz confirm thx.

Sincerely,
Oarabbus

Derka
01-20-2014, 08:09 PM

CUT THE BULLSHIT

Its not :lol

RagingBull33
01-20-2014, 08:16 PM
Read in Nacho Libre's voice.
http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Nacho-Libre-p01.jpg
"Euroleague is good. Really really good."

Milbuck
01-20-2014, 08:27 PM
Giannis is the future GOAT in the NBA, like 15-20 years from now when he's done. But in the Euroleague he'd be the GOAT the second he signs a contract.

Kblaze8855
01-20-2014, 08:29 PM

Really doesn't stand out to you that there are literally all euroleague first teamers that are nobodies here?

Taking about guys being 12minute role players here. Guys go from summer league backups to all euroleague first and second team.

And you taking Ty Lawson?

Ty Lawson is a solid starter. Good player.

There are guys cut here who are literally first team there.

Anyone get cut from the euroleague and be all NBA the next season?

Or ever?

Has one all NBA first or second teamer been released by a euro team?

Ever?

Even an all star?

Who are the euroleague rejects who are elite players here? Ever?

This where you call Jennings elite or act like a player i never heard of is some substantial NBA player?

gabepizza
01-20-2014, 08:37 PM
Won the 2005 European championship, beating Parker and France in semis, beating Nowitzki and Germany in final.........

Beat USA in 2006, beating LeBron, Paul, Wade, Anthony, Howard, Bosh in semis........

Beat Spain and all their NBA players in 2013, despite being guarded the whole game by a double team and Rubio.........

Oh, and actually he did make it to the 2014 FIBA World Cup. And it's called 2014 FIBA World Cup, not "2014 FIBA Worlds" - you freaking idiot.

Who cares if he beat Spain in 2013 in a group game. He also lost to Finland and led Greece to a 11th place finish.

And he did not make the FIBA world cup yet. What are you talking about.

Spanoulis's recent FIBA competions.
2013 Eurobasket - 11th place
2012 Olympics - Eliminated in the qualifying tournament by Nigeria
2012 Eurobasket - 6th place
2010 World Cup - 11th place

He has bought shame to himself, his nation, his family and his fans.

He is one of the most pathetic basketball players of all time. In unathletic Euroleague he is good but playing against the big boys in the NBA and NBA competition he just embarrasses himself year after year.

Please retire from the Greek NT and save the Greeks another year of being the laughing stock of the world basketball community (and please take that slow scrub Bourousis with you, I can't watch him get dominated by the like of Diogu again)

G-train
01-20-2014, 08:49 PM
SMH American's are so hard to help (generally speaking).
You think how your system created you is right, and nothing else compares.

The NBA is high level basketball, mostly. Well kind of. Its high level athletes, with a very talented top 1%.

Europe is different. It's about team success, not individual success.
Europe produces much, much better team players, and its a team sport.
So in many ways, they are better players. Often in facets of basketball that 99% of the posters here will not grasp.

NBA is about the individual. America is about the individual. In fact it hilarious to watch, even the play calls in NBA often just end up with an individual playing one on one.

The rules and nature of the game in Europe wont facilitate that sort of 'basketball'. That 'basketball' is about entertainment, but more precisely its about MONEY. Like the USA.

It was funny to watch a team led by a European guard and a 40 year old smart centre, plus some role players, playing a Euro style, basically win the championship last season.

Many Europeans are better players than most of the NBA, but they simply cannot fit in with the terrible nature of the game there. It's not basketball how they play it. Its individual entertainment, driven by cash.
Likewise athletic, selfish players (which the NBA is full of) would not be able to play effectively in the Euroleague.
It's almost a different sport.

Of course, Americans, or the Americanised, will just get angry at this post. Their mind is closed, and have been completely brainwashed, in every facet of their life.

moe94
01-20-2014, 08:58 PM
^Why are they so ignorant?! Let me wonder as I fling ad hominem and come across like the most butthurt person of all time.

G-train
01-20-2014, 09:04 PM
^Why are they so ignorant?! Let me wonder as I fling ad hominem and come across like the most butthurt person of all time.

Of course, Americans, or the Americanised, will just get angry at this post. Their mind is closed, and have been completely brainwashed, in every facet of their life.

moe94
01-20-2014, 09:06 PM
You understand that was the ad hominem, right? You repeating it like you said something new is hilarious.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-20-2014, 09:28 PM

The NBA is high level basketball, mostly. Well kind of. Its high level athletes, with a very talented top 1%.

So in many ways, they are better players. Often in facets of basketball that 99% of the posters here will not grasp.

NBA is about the individual. America is about the individual. In fact it hilarious to watch, even the play calls in NBA often just end up with an individual playing one on one.

The rules and nature of the game in Europe wont facilitate that sort of 'basketball'. That 'basketball' is about entertainment, but more precisely its about MONEY. Like the USA.

It was funny to watch a team led by a European guard and a 40 year old smart centre, plus some role players, playing a Euro style, basically win the championship last season.

Many Europeans are better players than most of the NBA, but they simply cannot fit in with the terrible nature of the game there. It's not basketball how they play it. Its individual entertainment, driven by cash.
Likewise athletic, selfish players (which the NBA is full of) would not be able to play effectively in the Euroleague.

Meanwhile, in reality, the NBA is 43-10 ALL TIME vs Euroleague.

Boarder Patrol
01-20-2014, 09:30 PM
False

IGNORE LIST

King1991nba
01-20-2014, 09:34 PM
@G-train:

Only teams in the NBA that play ugly isolation basketball are New York Knicks and Pistons/Kings sometimes...

Do you watch Spurs, Blazers, Hawks, Warriors, Pacers, Raptors, Rockets, Suns, Heat, Clippers, Mavs, Nuggets and even Thunder sometimes?

There'll always be stupid teams with stupid managment, nothing new for the NBA...

At the moment, only Real Madrid plays at the NBA level, like teams above play... Pacers are more of a defensive team, but you get my point, their defensive team effort is unreal...

I hate european coaches that are brainwashed with some holy basketball knowledge (''we are real b-ball unlike the NBA'') and can't accept that NBA teams play team basketball also... Watch some NBA games man, Rockets and Blazers is on TNT now, if that's not team basketball I don't know what is

NBA has better individual players and their individual skills are more exposed, that's not a bad thing for the game... It's not my fault that 70% of EL players are on the 70's level of NBA athleticism

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-20-2014, 09:39 PM
@G-train:

Only teams in the NBA that play ugly isolation basketball are New York Knicks and Pistons/Kings sometimes...

Do you watch Spurs, Blazers, Hawks, Warriors, Pacers, Raptors, Rockets, Suns, Heat, Clippers, Mavs, Nuggets and even Thunder sometimes?

There'll always be stupid teams with stupid managment, nothing new for the NBA...

At the moment, only Real Madrid plays at the NBA level, like teams above play... Pacers are more of a defensive team, but you get my point, their defensive team effort is unreal...

I hate european coaches that are brainwashed with some holy basketball knowledge (''we are real b-ball unlike the NBA'') and can't accept that NBA teams play team basketball also... Watch some NBA games man, Rockets and Blazers is on TNT now, if that's not team basketball I don't know what is

NBA has better individual players and their individual skills are more exposed, that's not a bad thing for the game... It's not my fault that 70% of EL players are on the 70's level of NBA athleticism

In your estimation, how many EL teams, if any, could make the playoffs and legitimately compete for a title?

BTW- your videos are absolutely fantastic! Quality stuff bro :cheers:

King1991nba
01-20-2014, 09:50 PM
In your estimation, how many EL teams, if any, could make the playoffs and legitimately compete for a title?

BTW- your videos are absolutely fantastic! Quality stuff bro :cheers:

Thanks for the kind words :cheers:

IMO maybe Real, Oly and Fenerbahce, if you play NBA rules I don't know if any of them makes it...

BTW I'm not arrogant NBA only fan, I watch EL and enjoy the game (especially old games from the 80's, so many legends back then cause NBA still didn't start to pick up great europeans)...

Imagine Dirk, Gasol bro's, Parker, AK47, Dragic in EL... NBA would still be miles ahead of EL, but much closer than it is now with American NCAA scrubs playing like superstars here...

gabepizza
01-20-2014, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the kind words :cheers:

IMO maybe Real, Oly and Fenerbahce, if you play NBA rules I don't know if any of them makes it...

BTW I'm not arrogant NBA only fan, I watch EL and enjoy the game (especially old games from the 80's, so many legends back then cause NBA still didn't start to pick up great europeans)...

Imagine Dirk, Gasol bro's, Parker, AK47, Dragic in EL... NBA would still be miles ahead of EL, but much closer than it is now with American NCAA scrubs playing like superstars here...

AK47 was in the EL for one season recently and he was MVP, DPOY and one missed jump shot away from being the Final Four MVP as well.

That in it's self show the deference in the leagues. In the NBA AK47 is a solid role player, in Euroleague he is freaking MVP.

King1991nba
01-20-2014, 10:05 PM
AK47 was in the EL for one season recently and he was MVP, DPOY and one missed jump shot away from being the Final Four MVP as well.

That in it's self show the deference in the leagues. In the NBA AK47 is a solid role player, in Euroleague he is freaking MVP.

Agree :D

Andrew Wiggins
01-20-2014, 10:15 PM

lmao, the resident racist aussie acting like he knows anything about basketball. just stop talking basketball, you embarrass yourself every time you try to discuss it :roll:

stick to watching that joke of a sport called rules football and sticking your dick in vegemite mate

Papaya Petee
01-20-2014, 10:22 PM
and no great NBA player would ever abandon this league to go play in a shitty 3rd world country. :coleman:

First of all, that is the stupidest thing I have ever read in my life.

Europe in general is a wealthy continent. Go visit Germany, England, Spain, Italy, or Greece and then go talking out of your ass. There are a ton of wealthy countries in Europe that are beautiful and great to live in. I'm in the Air Force and people ALWAYS want their first duty station in Ram-stein Germany or Aviano Italy (probably spelled those bases wrong) because its gorgeous out there and when they come back from Europe they all love it. If you haven't seen anything outside of the United States don't be so quick to judge it.

Second of all, comparing the NBA to Euroleague is like comparing Champions League to the UEFA cup. One is the best, and the other one is also very good, with the NBA being the best and Euroleague being very good and competitive as well.

spacebump
01-20-2014, 11:15 PM

Only one player has averaged 10 assists over a whole season on a D'Antoni team. I don't know if Spanoulis could.

rasko
01-20-2014, 11:33 PM
Im greek and last time i tried to watch euroleague was about 5 years ago,i fell asleep before halftime.Its very very boring.There is a foul every 10 seconds(random calls from refs,you can argue every contact is a foul/unwatchable),stupid time management in late game situations from both players and coaches(they do foul tho with a 3pt lead which is the obvious way to go),no room for creativity.TV commentators are mostly clueless/unbearable.

Final four is a parody.Its only two games:facepalm.Shooters go hot team wins.Run the final four 4 times each team wins once.
I used to watch all the time during the 90s when there was no alternative,wouldnt watch a single game if you payed me now.

Ps:only greek player of this era who would have a respectable nba career is diamantidis.He would be andre miller good.
V-span is too slow,too small and too dumb.He had a chance to work with popovich and turned it down to return to shitty euroleague:hammerhead:

Dr.J4ever
01-20-2014, 11:43 PM

Yes, but AK47 didn't really deserve it. He knows someone who knows someone, and they made a deal, plus he was really begging for it, so the EL said,"what the heck lets give it to him".. Everyone in Europe knows Vspan should have been MVP that year. You can clearly see this after he dominated Finland and the Eurobasket, oh wait...

Rooster
01-21-2014, 12:36 AM

USA won most of the Gold Medals in the Olympics.:roll: :roll:

And our worst finished which is bronze is better than what Greece done ever in Olympic hoop ever.:oldlol:

We send our American Euroleague players and finished 3rd in the 1998 FiBA World.

Australia can't even top that.

We send our 3rd team in the FIBA World which we hardly care and beat everyone by 20 points:rolleyes:

We send our rejects in the Euroleague like Anthony Parker

And they became Minor league legends

Meanwhile Aussie legend like Gaze was a scrub here.:roll:

Totspurs
01-21-2014, 01:21 AM
You neither. He played in Akasvayu Girona.

BrownEye007
01-21-2014, 02:19 AM
Always a good time and a good laugh reading through Euroleague's threads.

I<3NBA
01-21-2014, 02:33 AM
i'm Asian and I say NBA is the best. Euroleague is good. just good. not the best and certainly not better than the NBA.

moe94
01-21-2014, 02:59 AM
i'm Asian and I say NBA is the best. Euroleague is good. just good. not the best and certainly not better than the NBA.

oarabbus
01-21-2014, 03:28 AM

What country are you from?

And you're a heat fan :coleman:

Maga_1
01-21-2014, 05:42 AM
Let's clear some points here:

- Marc Gasol barely played for Barcelona, it was Pau. :lol
- Me and other europeans posters said countless times, NBA is superior to any other league in the world but... the gap is shrinked in the last few years.
- People saying that Udrih is better than Spanoulis are hilarious, i give credit to them :oldlol:
- Can't compare both styles of play, they are very different. NBA plays a more athletic, isolation, individual skills type of game while the EL plays a more team oriented, very specific tactically type of game.
- There's a lot of EL players that used in a concrete role could easily play great minutes in NBA, it's a matter of finding the certain role. (ex. Spurs).

Just some "curious facts".
Guys like Hilton Armstrong (sp?), Josh Powell, Ty Lawson, Adam Morrison, etc already played significant minutes in NBA and they were NO WAY better players in EL then guys like Bo McCalleb, Kyle Hines, Trajan Langdon, etc etc.
Same can say about european players that play so much well in NBA that played in Europe.

It's just an example that playing in both styles is (sometimes) a matter of adaptation, or finding their role.

CavaliersFTW
01-21-2014, 06:27 AM
It's a fact that white people do have higher IQs than black people. Yes, it is a statistical fact. And it's racism for you to deny that.

Keep denying it, and implying racism to simply state that fact, and you will be reported for reverse racism.
http://www.lauryndoll.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Uh_wtf_gif.gif

ImKobe
01-21-2014, 07:02 AM
First of all, that is the stupidest thing I have ever read in my life.

Europe in general is a wealthy continent. Go visit Germany, England, Spain, Italy, or Greece and then go talking out of your ass. There are a ton of wealthy countries in Europe that are beautiful and great to live in. I'm in the Air Force and people ALWAYS want their first duty station in Ram-stein Germany or Aviano Italy (probably spelled those bases wrong) because its gorgeous out there and when they come back from Europe they all love it. If you haven't seen anything outside of the United States don't be so quick to judge it.

Second of all, comparing the NBA to Euroleague is like comparing Champions League to the UEFA cup. One is the best, and the other one is also very good, with the NBA being the best and Euroleague being very good and competitive as well.

Son I've been the Europe and it's a great place, love the Netherlands and London ain't bad either, just messing with this troll :coleman:

ImKobe
01-21-2014, 07:04 AM
Let's clear some points here:

- Marc Gasol barely played for Barcelona, it was Pau. :lol
- Me and other europeans posters said countless times, NBA is superior to any other league in the world but... the gap is shrinked in the last few years.
- People saying that Udrih is better than Spanoulis are hilarious, i give credit to them :oldlol:
- Can't compare both styles of play, they are very different. NBA plays a more athletic, isolation, individual skills type of game while the EL plays a more team oriented, very specific tactically type of game.
- There's a lot of EL players that used in a concrete role could easily play great minutes in NBA, it's a matter of finding the certain role. (ex. Spurs).

Just some "curious facts".
Guys like Hilton Armstrong (sp?), Josh Powell, Ty Lawson, Adam Morrison, etc already played significant minutes in NBA and they were NO WAY better players in EL then guys like Bo McCalleb, Kyle Hines, Trajan Langdon, etc etc.
Same can say about european players that play so much well in NBA that played in Europe.

It's just an example that playing in both styles is (sometimes) a matter of adaptation, or finding their role.

Ty Lawson played 147 minutes in Europe total, that's a HUUUUUGE sample size :biggums:

Euroleague
01-21-2014, 03:32 PM
Who cares if he beat Spain in 2013 in a group game. He also lost to Finland and led Greece to a 11th place finish.

And he did not make the FIBA world cup yet. What are you talking about.

Spanoulis's recent FIBA competions.
2013 Eurobasket - 11th place
2012 Olympics - Eliminated in the qualifying tournament by Nigeria
2012 Eurobasket - 6th place
2010 World Cup - 11th place

He has bought shame to himself, his nation, his family and his fans.

He is one of the most pathetic basketball players of all time. In unathletic Euroleague he is good but playing against the big boys in the NBA and NBA competition he just embarrasses himself year after year.

Please retire from the Greek NT and save the Greeks another year of being the laughing stock of the world basketball community (and please take that slow scrub Bourousis with you, I can't watch him get dominated by the like of Diogu again)

Greece already made the 2014 FIBA World Cup. STOP LYING.

And Greece did not beat Spain in a group game you freaking LIAR.

It was the second stage. The amount of lies you tell is truly astonishing.

Euroleague
01-21-2014, 03:35 PM

Yep, that's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Euroleague
01-21-2014, 03:37 PM
@G-train:

:lol :oldlol: :roll: :facepalm :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :wtf:

Euroleague
01-21-2014, 03:42 PM
You neither. He played in Akasvayu Girona.

Moron.

Euroleague
01-21-2014, 03:46 PM
http://www.lauryndoll.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Uh_wtf_gif.gif

That's one of my favorite rappers ever. What's your point?

RightToCensor
01-21-2014, 03:47 PM
Dude. Please get a life.

ArbitraryWater
01-21-2014, 03:48 PM
can confirm

this, me too

Euroleague
01-21-2014, 03:50 PM
Ty Lawson played 147 minutes in Europe total, that's a HUUUUUGE sample size :biggums:

Spanoulis played 272 minutes in the NBA, yet it's enough for you to declare all sorts of "facts" and "official" declarations about him.

Like all NBA only fans, you are a total 100% pure hypocrite. "Sample size" only counts if it's an American player playing doing bad in Euroleague.....

HYPOCRITE.

Maga_1
01-21-2014, 04:30 PM

You bitted, that's what i wanted.
You can use that argument for an american guy in Europe but we can't use that argument for an european in NBA?

And i guess you agree with all that i said, besides that. Right?

Boarder Patrol
01-21-2014, 04:35 PM

Yet American TEAMS decimate Euro TEAMS all the time.

Totspurs
01-21-2014, 04:48 PM
Moron.
Well, you're the one who said Marc Gasol played at Estudiantes, so...

let me laugh @ your ass :lol

tragicbronson
01-21-2014, 04:51 PM
Yet American TEAMS decimate Euro TEAMS all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4SbI0y_rQ4

Barcelona won that game aswell

grantz
01-21-2014, 05:02 PM
I never tire of these Euroleague threads :applause: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Euroleague
01-21-2014, 06:50 PM
Well, you're the one who said Marc Gasol played at Estudiantes, so...

let me laugh @ your ass :lol

That's not what I said idiot. You don't even have basic reading skills.

oarabbus
01-21-2014, 06:51 PM
That's not what I said idiot. You don't even have basic reading skills.

Nigeria Doe