PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Gasol-Bynum swap discussed

TimmyDuncan
12-31-2013, 09:38 AM
The Los Angeles Lakers and Cleveland Cavaliers have had discussions on a trade that would involve Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum, league sources told ESPN.com.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10220178/los-angeles-lakers-cleveland-cavaliers-talk-pau-gasol-andrew-bynum-trade

Nick Young
12-31-2013, 09:41 AM
Bring him home Mitch:bowdown:

Bynum will finally be allowed to shoot as many threes as he wants

raprap
12-31-2013, 09:42 AM
do the lakers save money if they waive bynum?

TimmyDuncan
12-31-2013, 09:45 AM
do the lakers save money if they waive bynum?

A lot. It would be a trade-and-waive for the Lakers. But the Lakers want assets too to give up Gasol

raprap
12-31-2013, 09:49 AM
A lot. It would be a trade-and-waive for the Lakers. But the Lakers want assets too to give up Gasol
thanks bro, yea maybe a 1st round pick or two. Lakers need to retool, Mitch can do it though.

D-Rose
12-31-2013, 09:52 AM
Lakers will save $20 million by doing this. Cavs have solo many draft picks. This would seriously be great for both teams.

Just funny to see a "Gasol for Bynum" trade.

waseem780
12-31-2013, 09:54 AM
what would cavs give LA besides bynum?

Nash
12-31-2013, 10:17 AM
And Lakers release him for Clippers or Miami to pick him up. Who would have thought?

SpanishACB
12-31-2013, 10:18 AM
Mike Brown - D'Antoni - Mike Brown

Gasol must be happy

flipogb
12-31-2013, 10:40 AM
any Gasol trade discussions is music to my ears

All Net
12-31-2013, 11:24 AM
Saves us 20 million.. Management don't care if it helps Miami.

wally_world
12-31-2013, 11:25 AM
Jack and Bynum for Gasol and Xavier Henry?

Nick Young
12-31-2013, 11:28 AM
Gasol on Cleveland doe is just another Powerforward for Bennett to warm the bench behind. Also Kyrie on Cleveland is just another guard for Pau to moan about not getting enough shots from.

Duderonomy
12-31-2013, 12:09 PM
Gasol on the Cavs is a playoff team. Bynum should sign with the Clippers or Hawks.

Mass Debator
12-31-2013, 12:16 PM
Add Nash or it makes no sense.

VIntageNOvel
12-31-2013, 12:43 PM

agree, nash and gasol , and we will take fathony bustnnet

NattyPButter
12-31-2013, 12:45 PM
Is Nash's contract over next year? If so Cavs should get rid of that chucker that is Jarrett Jack and Nash can teach Kyrie. Delly makes a better PG and if Cavs dont give up on Jack then Waiters belongs on the starting line up. Jack was hired to be 6th man not Dion.

TimmyDuncan
12-31-2013, 12:56 PM
Gasol on Cleveland doe is just another Powerforward for Bennett to warm the bench behind. Also Kyrie on Cleveland is just another guard for Pau to moan about not getting enough shots from.

He would probably play C for Cleveland

3peated
12-31-2013, 12:59 PM
dantoni would kill bynums knees lmao

longtime lurker
12-31-2013, 12:59 PM

Exactly. Adding Nash completely clears up the capspace. The trade I want to see is Boozer and 2 1sts for Gasol.

alec613
12-31-2013, 01:02 PM
still rather have Gasol than Bynum shooting 3s.

Nash would be included, and he'll most likely be with stretch provision.
He's not playing ever again!

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-31-2013, 01:12 PM
still rather have Gasol than Bynum shooting 3s.

Nash would be included, and he'll most likely be with stretch provision.
He's not playing ever again!
well, from what everybody else is saying itt, bynum would be waived.

alec613
12-31-2013, 01:13 PM
Looks like it.

Brizzly
12-31-2013, 01:14 PM
**** no, Gasol should retire as a Laker.

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-31-2013, 01:14 PM
lakers need draft picks, fck saving money.

alec613
12-31-2013, 01:21 PM

I really doubt he entertains the idea of living in Cleveland

tomtucker
12-31-2013, 01:28 PM

he allready has

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-31-2013, 02:33 PM
Bynum/waiters for gasol works

DukeDelonte13
12-31-2013, 02:36 PM
I'd be salty if the cavs give up any 1sts.

gts
12-31-2013, 02:40 PM
lakers need draft picks, fck saving money.

this.. it's not about money because this does nothing long term, saves them money this season but doesn't reset the repeater tax because that's based on 4 out of 5 years, not get below the tax limit one year and get a reset.... they'd need to do it two years in a row to get any long term benefits

in the end what it does if they take no contracts back is the same as if they just let gasol walk at the end of the season, get below the tax line so they have more options to acquire players in the off season

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-31-2013, 02:54 PM
this.. it's not about money because this does nothing long term, saves them money this season but doesn't reset the repeater tax because that's based on 4 out of 5 years, not get below the tax limit one year and get a reset.... they'd need to do it two years in a row to get any long term benefits

in the end what it does if they take no contracts back is the same as if they just let gasol walk at the end of the season, get below the tax line so they have more options to acquire players in the off season

this exactly...they need to have some picks or young talent coming back or there is no point in this trade.

they would keep gasol if only thing coming back is Bynum + Gee

LBJMVP
12-31-2013, 05:43 PM
Bynum/waiters for gasol works
He'll no. IMO waiters should be off limits to trade.

KyrieTheFuture
12-31-2013, 06:55 PM
Pau and Nash for Bynum, jack, and sacramentos first that is owed to us is the best trade for both teams.

longtime lurker
12-31-2013, 06:57 PM
Pau and Nash for Bynum, jack, and sacramentos first that is owed to us is the best trade for both teams.

Throw in another first and I likey.

KyrieTheFuture
12-31-2013, 07:00 PM
Throw in another first and I likey.
Well 0% chance any 2014 pick is given up and besides that I don't care because of this squad doesn't make the playoffs next year it's a massive failure.

RedBlackAttack
12-31-2013, 07:02 PM
That's way too much for Pau and Nash's corpse.

I actually think the Cavs should trade Jack, who is redundant on this roster especially with the coming out of Delly as a serviceable combo guard off the bench. But, if he doesn't contribute a thing for the rest of his career, Bynum is valuable as an expiring contract. Jack is still a good player, despite his redundancy here.

And, the first rounder is just total overkill. The constraints on that Kings pick are beginning to lessen and we may be getting closer to actually getting it... and it would potentially be a very nice pick.

Meanwhile, neither Pau nor Nash would probably be on the team two years from now. And, Nash is still owed almost $10 million next year.

I like the idea of bringing him in to mentor Kyrie and Dion, but not at the expense of a first round pick. The Lakers should be looking to shed his salary if anything. We'd be doing them a favor.

BallsOut
12-31-2013, 07:06 PM

I actually think the Cavs should trade Jack, who is redundant on this roster especially with the coming out of Delly as a serviceable combo guard off the bench. But, if he doesn't contribute a thing for the rest of his career, Bynum is valuable as an expiring contract. Jack is still a good player, despite his redundancy here.

And, the first rounder is just total overkill. The constraints on that Kings pick are beginning to lessen and we may be getting closer to actually getting it... and it would potentially be a very nice pick.

Meanwhile, neither Pau nor Nash would probably be on the team two years from now. And, Nash is still owed almost $10 million next year.

I like the idea of bringing him in to mentor Kyrie and Dion, but not at the expense of a first round pick. The Lakers should be looking to shed his salary if anything. We'd be doing them a favor.

Nash has a stretch provision next year where the team only needs to pay him 3 mill to basically waive him. So it's an option. But if the Cavs don't sign anyone special, his 9 mill expirer next year could be a good trade chip to have for the Kevin Love sweepstakes the year coming.

I actually might be okay with that trade. I'm not as big on Jack anymore this season than last.

Either

1) Nash/Meeks for Bynum

or

2) Nash/Gasol for Bynum/Jack/1st round pick

RedBlackAttack
12-31-2013, 07:07 PM
Nash has a stretch provision next year where the team only needs to pay him 3 mill to basically waive him. So it's an option. But if the Cavs don't sign anyone special, his 9 mill expirer next year could be a good trade chip to have for the Kevin Love sweepstakes the year coming.
Like I said to you before, I like the idea of us getting Nash for a lot of reasons. But, let's not pretend like we wouldn't be doing the Lakers a favor by taking on his salary. It would be mutually beneficial... not worth a first round pick.

KyrieTheFuture
12-31-2013, 07:09 PM

The pick is really only in there because the fans on here would demand it and honestly I don't think we're ever getting that pick anyway. I'd certainly like to not lose picks but it might be necessary. I just want jack and Bynum gone.

longtime lurker
12-31-2013, 07:13 PM
Well 0% chance any 2014 pick is given up and besides that I don't care because of this squad doesn't make the playoffs next year it's a massive failure.

Who cares if it's 2014. I think the Cavs have a couple picks from other teams too I think. Cavs are essentially getting playoff push and getting rid of Jack's contract(holy shit it's kinda horrible!)

BallsOut
12-31-2013, 07:15 PM
Who cares if it's 2014. I think the Cavs have a couple picks from other teams too I think. Cavs are essentially getting playoff push and getting rid of Jack's contract(holy shit it's kinda horrible!)

To me Jack's contract is okay, not good, not bad. But gets into the Laker's way of signing a top tier PG. If they do get Jack, they're probably set with a Jordan Farmar/Jarrett Jack tandem at the PG position. Maybe Steve Blake as insurance for the vet min with all the injuries they've been dealt this year. Not a bad rotation.

I'd rather wait and get Kyle Lowry though.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-31-2013, 07:16 PM

Lol u dont want to give waiters, 1st 2014 & u want gasol?

Well bobcats r right there @ playoffs. & have. 2 picks in 14

Ben gordan/2 1st 2014 will get it done at deadline...

Other teams will popup at the deadline...

So no thanks cavs

Enjoy lottery yr after yr... No revenue sharing for u either

KyrieTheFuture
12-31-2013, 07:17 PM
To me Jack's contract is okay, not good, not bad. But gets into the Laker's way of signing a top tier PG. If they do get Jack, they're probably set with a Jordan Farmar/Jarrett Jack tandem at the PG position. Maybe Steve Blake as insurance for the vet min with all the injuries they've been dealt this year. Not a bad rotation.

Are you sure you will doe? TOR got potential.

KyrieTheFuture
12-31-2013, 07:19 PM
:bowdown:
Lol u dont want to give waiters, 1st 2014 & u want gasol?

Well bobcats r right there @ playoffs. & have. 2 picks in 14

Ben gordan/2 1st 2014 will get it done at deadline...

Other teams will popup at the deadline...

So no thanks cavs

Enjoy lottery yr after yr... No revenue sharing for u either
Good luck with your unrealistic expectations :cheers:

2 1sts in this draft for ****ing gasol :roll:

longtime lurker
12-31-2013, 07:20 PM

The Lakers would only be shaving off 3 million off the cap by swapping Jack and Nash. They might be better off just using the stretch provision on Nash. My ideal plan would be to absorb Boozer's contract along with some picks and resign the role players like Henry, Young, Farmar and Wes Johnson. Then 2015 say hello to Kevin Love!

BallsOut
12-31-2013, 07:20 PM
Are you sure you will doe? TOR got potential.

The GM in Toronto will break it up before the deadline. Wiggins is on the line. I don't think the fans will be too happy about them making the playoffs and being out in the 1st round with no shot at a lottery pick.

For the Lakers, its a waiting game. Either try and trade for him now (which doesn't make too much sense) or pick him up in the offseason as a free agent.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-31-2013, 07:36 PM
:bowdown:
Good luck with your unrealistic expectations :cheers:

2 1sts in this draft for ****ing gasol :roll:

unrealistic? 1 is from portland which is going to be 25-30 and another 1 from pistons which is going to be in the range of 15-25

Bobcats receive the Trailblazers 2014 first-round pick. Top 12 protected in 2014 and 2015, unprotected in 2016. ()

Bobcats receive the Pistons 2014 first-round pick. Top 8 protected in 2014 and top 1 in 2015, unprotected in 2016. ()

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-31-2013, 07:37 PM

would love to do Pau for amir jhonson/lowry/2nd round pick

KyrieTheFuture
12-31-2013, 09:03 PM
unrealistic? 1 is from portland which is going to be 25-30 and another 1 from pistons which is going to be in the range of 15-25

Bobcats receive the Trailblazers 2014 first-round pick. Top 12 protected in 2014 and 2015, unprotected in 2016. ()

Bobcats receive the Pistons 2014 first-round pick. Top 8 protected in 2014 and top 1 in 2015, unprotected in 2016. ()
It's not even about that, we can use gasol, he's negatively effective for the bobcats so why would they trade two picks and a player to get worse and add more money?

Edit: Toronto wouldn't do that they can get a better deal than trading Lowry as an expirer for another expirer. They can get a good pick for him

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-31-2013, 09:23 PM
It's not even about that, we can use gasol, he's negatively effective for the bobcats so why would they trade two picks and a player to get worse and add more money?

Edit: Toronto wouldn't do that they can get a better deal than trading Lowry as an expirer for another expirer. They can get a good pick for him

Huh? They r in playoff hunt and he/ al jefferson can be a good deo specially with Al popping out

They want to make playoffs not like the cavs who r lottery/pick happy

Ainge used the picks right and got them a chip with kg/ray allen

KyrieTheFuture
12-31-2013, 09:34 PM
Huh? They r in playoff hunt and he/ al jefferson can be a good deo specially with Al popping out

They want to make playoffs not like the cavs who r lottery/pick happy

Ainge used the picks right and got them a chip with kg/ray allen

What does Ainge have to do with this? Personally I don't think Pau makes the Hornets better plus they have biyombo and Zeller to develop they don't need more front court players.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-31-2013, 09:52 PM
What does Ainge have to do with this? Personally I don't think Pau makes the Hornets better plus they have biyombo and Zeller to develop they don't need more front court players.

Ainge comes into conversation because he used jis young assets to get star .. Kg, allen... Cavs need to do that... Not talking about gasol but in grneral

Pau most definitely helps bobcats... They r playing josh Mcroberts 30mins a game...

KyrieTheFuture
12-31-2013, 10:01 PM
Ainge comes into conversation because he used jis young assets to get star .. Kg, allen... Cavs need to do that... Not talking about gasol but in grneral

Pau most definitely helps bobcats... They r playing josh Mcroberts 30mins a game...

Ahhhh now I understand. :roll: Holy ****! Really? What the hell happened to their young guys. I'll stand corrected on this one.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-31-2013, 10:14 PM
Ahhhh now I understand. :roll: Holy ****! Really? What the hell happened to their young guys. I'll stand corrected on this one.

Dont know why but they r 6th in east.., with pau on the team + not losing anybody they would be 4/5th & can get to 2nd round

KyrieTheFuture
12-31-2013, 10:21 PM
Dont know why but they r 6th in east.., with pau on the team + not losing anybody they would be 4/5th & can get to 2nd round
They have a top 4 defense and Kemba stepping it up. Credit the new coach he's getting them to play well.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-31-2013, 10:27 PM
They have a top 4 defense and Kemba stepping it up. Credit the new coach he's getting them to play well.

I was saying dont know to u asking why their young guys r not playing

Now u see... They would care less about those 2 picks ... They rather try to get 2 2nd round playoffs

KyrieTheFuture
12-31-2013, 10:48 PM
I was saying dont know to u asking why their young guys r not playing

Now u see... They would care less about those 2 picks ... They rather try to get 2 2nd round playoffs

I certainly see where you're coming from a little better but they're gonna want draft picks more than one year of gasol. They're pretty young.

gts
12-31-2013, 11:52 PM
But a person familiar with the situation downplayed the report, saying the Lakers would want more value for Gasol in a trade and, additionally, that it would be a stretch for the Lakers to reacquire Bynum, who is indefinitely suspended by the Cavaliers for conduct detrimental to the team.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-lakers-bynum-gasol-20131231,0,6169700.story#axzz2p7DXUJ9y

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-01-2014, 03:44 AM
But a person familiar with the situation downplayed the report, saying the Lakers would want more value for Gasol in a trade and, additionally, that it would be a stretch for the Lakers to reacquire Bynum, who is indefinitely suspended by the Cavaliers for conduct detrimental to the team.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-lakers-bynum-gasol-20131231,0,6169700.story#axzz2p7DXUJ9y

The lakers r not trading gasol 4 bynum... They will let gasol expire..

If they wanted savings they could have just amnestied pau instead of artest.

1 other piecw and 1st is coming to the lakers if they do this deal

RedBlackAttack
01-01-2014, 03:44 AM
This guy... :oldlol:

Cognitive dissonance at its best (or worst, depending on how you look at it).

Here's what he really thinks of Pau when he's not cooking up ridiculously one-sided trades benefiting the Lakers....

Amir Johnson ABUSED Pau gasol pretty bad

14-17 32 points 9 rbs 2 st 2 block

Paulina 3/11 7pts 8rbs

trade his a$$ out for anybody...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=319077

Pau Gasol is such a garbage player

earns around 20mil dollars...

Pau Gasol: 1/10 2 points

bad defense on DA

Alrdige: 8/11 => 18 points

trade his a$$ to anybody for a 1st rounder in 2014 draft

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318333

pau playing defense

http://www.hachisvertas.net/temp/pau-gasolaurios.gif

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282672&page=3

Lamar Odom & Pau Gasol are same Lame Mutha Fcukas

won 2 championships and stopped caring for the game all together

Odom collected 16mil last 2 year playing zero ball

Pau Gasol is doing the same but collecting double play

:biggums: :banghead:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282692

etc.

Let me synthesize this for you guys...

Pau Gasol is a complete bum who is overpaid, doesn't care anymore, is fat, doesn't play any defense, etc.

Now, give us young talent and draft picks for him.

retaxis
01-01-2014, 04:42 AM
IMO Lakers won't be getting jack squat for Gasol. No team is stupid enough to ruin their long term prospects for a years use of over the hill Gasol. Some of these Kobe fans are so delusional they probably think they can get Carmelo Anthony or KD for Gasol.

coin24
01-01-2014, 04:47 AM
IMO Lakers won't be getting jack squat for Gasol. No team is stupid enough to ruin their long term prospects for a years use of over the hill Gasol. Some of these Kobe fans are so delusional they probably think they can get Carmelo Anthony or KD for Gasol.

Knicks would be stupid not to take that deal:roll:

Godzuki
01-01-2014, 05:45 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ogaudmy

All Net
01-01-2014, 06:38 AM

Cap relief is what we want.

Scholar
01-01-2014, 09:29 AM
I'll miss Pau, but the cap relief is desirable. Do the Lakers even deserve cap space, though? They'll probably just give Kobe a raise. :facepalm

Lebron23
01-01-2014, 09:40 AM
Gasol is past his prime, but he's playing better than post injury Bynum.

wally_world
01-01-2014, 10:45 AM
Can the Nets still trade Brook Lopez? Gasol can play C and Lakers can tank the season out.

scm5
01-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Gasol is past his prime, but he's playing better than post injury Bynum.

I'm convinced that Bynum is still capable of putting up efficient scoring numbers but he just doesn't care about the game anymore.

I think he has the ability to be the best Center in the league if he just gets his shit together.

As a Laker fan, I'm not sure how I feel about a Gasol-Bynum swap, but if the Cavs waive Bynum I would love for my team to pick him back up.

hawkfan
01-01-2014, 11:01 AM
Hawks get Chris Kaman (expirer), Lakers get Gustavo Ayon (expirer).
The Lakers get salary and luxury tax savings, while clearing out an unhappy player from the locker room.
The Hawks get a big to take some of the minutes opened up by Horford's injury.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-01-2014, 12:43 PM
The Lakers get salary and luxury tax savings, while clearing out an unhappy player from the locker room.

Kaman is expirer... No need for g ayon unless u throw something else

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-01-2014, 12:47 PM
I'm convinced that Bynum is still capable of putting up efficient scoring numbers but he just doesn't care about the game anymore.

I think he has the ability to be the best Center in the league if he just gets his shit together.

As a Laker fan, I'm not sure how I feel about a Gasol-Bynum swap, but if the Cavs waive Bynum I would love for my team to pick him back up.

Gasol & lakers r done together. He canb a great player just not for lakers. The marriage is done...

Lakers save more than 20mil + get young assets & i m ok

Instead of 1st round sweep i prefer lottoery for once when we actually have the pick

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-01-2014, 12:48 PM

Lakers can have offers on table for gasol

Good luck withmelo leaving

Godzuki
01-01-2014, 02:38 PM
Can the Nets still trade Brook Lopez? Gasol can play C and Lakers can tank the season out.

they wont trade Brook. he's like their only building block.

Godzuki
01-01-2014, 02:47 PM

Pau is a $20 mill expirer in himself. Lakers get nothing trading expirer for expirer. they and a lot of GM's around the league still think he can play at a decent to high level and i'm sure some GM's are thinking he'll be better outside of LA in a different situation than in it.

Lakers are going to want some assets. either young players, picks, or possibly a star not playing well on a team not going anywhere(maybe deron?). i really think they're going after Waiters with Bynum even if Cav's fans don't want to hear it. it makes too much sense. and the Cav's saying they're waiting on Kyrie's knee results maybe hints at that.

NoGunzJustSkillz
01-01-2014, 02:47 PM

bynum was putting up good numbers just 2 weeks ago. miami heat would be the ideal situation for bynum. give him like ten-fifteen mins a game, rest him on back-to-backs, win more championships. shame he won't sign for cheap.

Eat Like A Bosh
01-01-2014, 03:01 PM
So the point of the trade for the Lakers is just to save money...

That being said it's still hilarious to see this trade go down.

BallsOut
01-01-2014, 04:02 PM
Pau is a $20 mill expirer in himself. Lakers get nothing trading expirer for expirer. they and a lot of GM's around the league still think he can play at a decent to high level and i'm sure some GM's are thinking he'll be better outside of LA in a different situation than in it.

Lakers are going to want some assets. either young players, picks, or possibly a star not playing well on a team not going anywhere(maybe deron?). i really think they're going after Waiters with Bynum even if Cav's fans don't want to hear it. it makes too much sense. and the Cav's saying they're waiting on Kyrie's knee results maybe hints at that.

Waiters makes absolutely no sense for the Lakers. They have Kobe starting at the 2 when he comes back, and Nick Young off the bench who's been play really well. Waiter's doesn't even like coming off the bench in Cleveland, why would he do that in LA?

PleezeBelieve
01-01-2014, 04:12 PM
Lakers ain't getting Waiters. Fukk outta here.

All Net
01-01-2014, 05:21 PM
Question is.. Is it over for the league if Bynum heads to Miami?

Godzuki
01-01-2014, 05:22 PM
Waiters makes absolutely no sense for the Lakers. They have Kobe starting at the 2 when he comes back, and Nick Young off the bench who's been play really well. Waiter's doesn't even like coming off the bench in Cleveland, why would he do that in LA?

they need another scorer and someone who is going to take over when kobe has nothing left, which could be real soon. Nick Young sucks and is nobody's future. Waiters could be a building block.

Godzuki
01-01-2014, 05:24 PM

Waiters isn't going to be happy coming off the bench and watching Kyrie solo the other team every last 2 minutes when the game matters. and i don't know if the Cav's even want 2 chucking guards who need the ball in their hands over a proven veteran big.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-01-2014, 05:26 PM

good keep him cause the lakers want ur 2014 1st and thats it with bynum + filler

we decided to roll with Pau at the beginning of the yr so we are not going to do a trade for Pau 4 Bynum

GTFO u troll

PleezeBelieve
01-01-2014, 05:40 PM
I don't give a fukk about Gasol. Keep him :oldlol:

RedBlackAttack
01-01-2014, 05:45 PM
good keep him cause the lakers want ur 2014 1st and thats it with bynum + filler

we decided to roll with Pau at the beginning of the yr so we are not going to do a trade for Pau 4 Bynum

GTFO u troll
I have a better idea...

Keep Gasol.

If you think you're getting a valuable 2014 first + expirers for him in his current state, you're out of your mind. I have to be honest, I don't even really want the guy. He'd take away valuable growth minutes from our young guys and he's close to finished.

I mean, you agree right?

Amir Johnson ABUSED Pau gasol pretty bad

14-17 32 points 9 rbs 2 st 2 block

Paulina 3/11 7pts 8rbs

trade his a$$ out for anybody...

Pau Gasol is such a garbage player

earns around 20mil dollars...

Pau Gasol: 1/10 2 points

bad defense on DA

Alrdige: 8/11 => 18 points

trade his a$$ to anybody for a 1st rounder in 2014 draft

pau playing defense

http://www.hachisvertas.net/temp/pau-gasolaurios.gif

Lamar Odom & Pau Gasol are same Lame Mutha Fcukas

won 2 championships and stopped caring for the game all together

Odom collected 16mil last 2 year playing zero ball

Pau Gasol is doing the same but collecting double play

:biggums: :banghead:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-01-2014, 06:18 PM
I have a better idea...

Keep Gasol.

If you think you're getting a valuable 2014 first + expirers for him in his current state, you're out of your mind. I have to be honest, I don't even really want the guy. He'd take away valuable growth minutes from our young guys and he's close to finished.

I mean, you agree right?

Lol u spend so much time researching?

I never said i wanted 2014 1st...i said "lakers want". Its in all the articles u read

RedBlackAttack
01-01-2014, 06:22 PM
Lol u spend so much time researching?

I never said i wanted 2014 1st...i said "lakers want". Its in all the articles u read
Time? :oldlol:

You've been trashing the guy for a couple years, but it has hit a peak this year. Those are the results from a 10 second Google search. I'm sure if I really dug around, I could find far more and better material in light of your position in this thread.

And, yes, you said "the Lakers," but then used the term "we" in the next sentence. It's OK to talk out of both sides of your mouth. Just admit it when you're exposed as doing it.

GTFO u troll

NoGunzJustSkillz
01-01-2014, 07:05 PM
Gasol is at the top of his game. Lakers better be looking for multiple 1st rounders from the Cavs or GTFO.

Nick Young
01-01-2014, 07:06 PM
they need another scorer and someone who is going to take over when kobe has nothing left, which could be real soon. Nick Young sucks and is nobody's future. Waiters could be a building block.
Jabari Parker is the future doe:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Nick Young
01-01-2014, 07:08 PM

You've been trashing the guy for a couple years, but it has hit a peak this year. Those are the results from a 10 second Google search. I'm sure if I really dug around, I could find far more and better material in light of your position in this thread.

And, yes, you said "the Lakers," but then used the term "we" in the next sentence. It's OK to talk out of both sides of your mouth. Just admit it when you're exposed as doing it.
Too bad you aren't the GM because your GM is a complete dumbass and ours is Mitch GOATchak who is going to screw your franchise over like no tomorrow. Have fun with Gasol, thanks in advance for the first round pick doe:rockon:

NoGunzJustSkillz
01-01-2014, 07:18 PM
looks like a deal is imminent. sources say lakers will send over nash and pau for waiters, cavs 2014 first rounder, andrew bynum, jarrett jack, and anthony benett. looks like mitch has done it again :applause:

FatComputerNerd
01-01-2014, 07:20 PM
looks like a deal is imminent. sources say lakers will send over nash and pau for waiters, cavs 2014 first rounder, andrew bynum, jarrett jack, and anthony benett. looks like mitch has done it again :applause:

This better be a joke

MP.Trey
01-01-2014, 07:22 PM
This better be a joke
:oldlol: I'd jump off a bridge if that ever happened.

KyrieTheFuture
01-01-2014, 07:42 PM
You guys are ****ing high if you think you'll end up on the winning side of any trade involving Nash and Gasol. You should be happy to shed salary and that's all you greedy ****s

Nick Young
01-01-2014, 07:43 PM
You guys are ****ing high if you think you'll end up on the winning side of any trade involving Nash and Gasol. You should be happy to shed salary and that's all you greedy ****s
Mitch GOATchak is at work and your GM is a sap. Prepare your anus.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-01-2014, 07:45 PM

even doing a google search to post what other poster was posting is time consuming.

expose of what? i really dont care on an onsite forum of being exposed.

taking it too seriously i guess?

HylianNightmare
01-01-2014, 07:45 PM
gasol would hate cleveland

KyrieTheFuture
01-01-2014, 07:46 PM
Mitch GOATchak is at work and your GM is a sap. Prepare your anus.

You mean the dude that got destroyed in the last Nash deal and just gave Kobe one of the worst contracts in the league?

Nick Young
01-01-2014, 07:46 PM
even doing a google search to post what other poster was posting is time consuming.

expose of what? i really dont care on an onsite forum of being exposed.

taking it too seriously i guess?
He's from cleveland dawg, aint got shit to do up there anyways other then fluff their grandmas hair and pick lint out their toes.

Nick Young
01-01-2014, 07:47 PM
You mean the dude that got destroyed in the last Nash deal and just gave Kobe one of the worst contracts in the league?
Damn I can tell this upcoming rape is gonna hurt you, I'm trying to warn you so you prepared when you wake up tomorrow with bloody bedsheets.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-01-2014, 07:53 PM
He's from cleveland dawg, aint got shit to do up there anyways other then fluff their grandmas hair and pick lint out their toes.

:roll:

no wonder lol

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-01-2014, 08:03 PM
David Aldridge: Hearing the Gasol-Bynum proposed deal not likely to happen. Twitter @daldridgetnt

Nick Young
01-01-2014, 08:04 PM
other teams fans so scared doe
http://lakers.topbuzz.com/gallery/d/1934-3/mitch-kupchak-ronnie-lester-full_getty-72227394ab007_hornets_laker_12_35_47_am.jpg

TheMarkMadsen
01-01-2014, 08:06 PM
David Aldridge: Hearing the Gasol-Bynum proposed deal not likely to happen. Twitter @daldridgetnt

Thats because it's now the Nash for Jack, Waiters, Bennett, 2 1st rounders & Zeller deal

that one is likely to happen

Nick Young
01-01-2014, 08:12 PM
Thats because it's now the Nash for Jack, Waiters, Bennett, 2 1st rounders & Zeller deal

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

poido123
01-01-2014, 09:31 PM

No Gasol and bynum in the trade?

hawkfan
01-02-2014, 01:56 AM
hawkfan Trade Scenario (where amazing happens):

Cavs get

Omer Asik

Rockets get

Andrew Bynum

The Rockets take a flyer on Bynum. He can play every other game, he'll be on a winning team. If he doesn't work out, they can either trade him next year or they can waive him. The Rockets clear out the $14 million owed to Asik next year, so they then could spend it on a power forward who is a better fit.

The Cavs get a solid center in Asik, whose contract is only about 2 million more than Bynum's contract next year.

Trentknicks
01-02-2014, 02:06 AM
Brilliant Hawkfan, Rockets can the two most immature Center's in the league on the one team and Asik gets to share his minutes with Andy V.

As standard, another horrible trade idea.

hawkfan
01-02-2014, 02:59 AM
Brilliant Hawkfan, Rockets can the two most immature Center's in the league on the one team and Asik gets to share his minutes with Andy V.

The Rockets clear out over 14 million against the salary cap next year, so that part in itself is good, since they can then go out and spend money on a better fit at power forward.

hawkfan
01-02-2014, 03:00 AM

Andy Varajeo will end up going down to Miami next year to take over Joel Anthony's spot on the roster.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-03-2014, 03:02 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 11m
Cavs mulling a few trade scenarios for Andrew Bynum, with target of Monday to choose one. Unlikely Cavs send out significant asset w/ Bynum.

good...lakers aint doing no salary dump.

Cavs will be Cavs...go for cheap salary dump and straight to Lottery once again....no shame

KyrieTheFuture
01-03-2014, 03:11 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 11m
Cavs mulling a few trade scenarios for Andrew Bynum, with target of Monday to choose one. Unlikely Cavs send out significant asset w/ Bynum.

good...lakers aint doing no salary dump.

Cavs will be Cavs...go for cheap salary dump and straight to Lottery once again....no shame
The Lakers trading Bynum for Gasol IS a salary dump

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-03-2014, 03:16 PM
The Lakers trading Bynum for Gasol IS a salary dump

thats why lakers are not doing that trade.

think logically if you can for a second: if they wanted to avoid luxury tax they would have just amnestied pau gasol instead of ron artest.

that would have got them below lux tax easily.

they can still hold off gasol & trade him at deadline and get some value out him

they can easily get below lux tax by keeping gasol in the hope of signing him for cheap in offseason.

blake to warriors for Brandan Rush TPE + 2nd
Kaman to Hawks for TPE + future 2nd
Hill to suns or Minny for 1st round pick

its easy for lakers to get under if they decided too

MMM
01-03-2014, 05:41 PM
thats why lakers are not doing that trade.

think logically if you can for a second: if they wanted to avoid luxury tax they would have just amnestied pau gasol instead of ron artest.

that would have got them below lux tax easily.

they can still hold off gasol & trade him at deadline and get some value out him

they can easily get below lux tax by keeping gasol in the hope of signing him for cheap in offseason.

blake to warriors for Brandan Rush TPE + 2nd
Kaman to Hawks for TPE + future 2nd
Hill to suns or Minny for 1st round pick

its easy for lakers to get under if they decided too

I don't think the trades you posted work because those teams are over the Cap. Also I think you are ignoring that the Lakers FO probably thought they would be in a better position than where they currently are when they made the amnesty decision. Not saying they'll cut salary but it is not uncommon for a team to reassess it's standing and go in a different direction.