PDA

View Full Version : So I guess if Kevin Durant wants MVP this is when he can make his case

All Net
12-29-2013, 10:08 AM
With Westbrook out 7 weeks here's the time he can make his case.. Obviously Jackson will need to step up but is this when Durant will be putting up 32-35 points per game and leading thunder to not miss a beat without russ?

wally_world
12-29-2013, 10:14 AM
Im hoping Russ' injury makes OKC more inclined to upgrade one of our other positions. Still hoping we can snag Afflalo off Orlando, he is the perfect SG for this team.

pauk
12-29-2013, 12:04 PM
Yea, this is his best chance at it, i hope he gets one, he really deserves it.

imdaman99
12-29-2013, 01:06 PM
Really guys, it's now or never. They have a good team around the 2 stars. Sure they will miss a beat, but this is where he helps the rest of the team grow and not become too dependent on Westbrook. He is the engine that makes them go, but let's see if Durant could step into that role.

La Frescobaldi
12-29-2013, 01:09 PM
With Westbrook out 7 weeks here's the time he can make his case.. Obviously Jackson will need to step up but is this when Durant will be putting up 32-35 points per game and leading thunder to not miss a beat without russ?

Not just Jackson. Somebody else is going to have to go stratosphere good because Urant gets that 32points now on the regular and he's going to get a lot more attention than even he has been.

Also what is the answer to that missing D ?

All Net
12-29-2013, 01:56 PM
Not just Jackson. Somebody else is going to have to go stratosphere good because Urant gets that 32points now on the regular and he's going to get a lot more attention than even he has been.

Lamb is key too. They may need him to put in that 15-16 a game.. Ibaka will need a bigger role offensively too

Fudge
12-29-2013, 02:01 PM
Yea, this is his best chance at it, i hope he gets one, he really deserves it.
Don't know why you get all this hate on here. You've come a long way my man. You're probably really handsome as well.

Purch
12-29-2013, 02:07 PM
Don't know why you get all this hate on here. You've come a long way my man. You're probably really handsome as well.
I've noticed this as well. I think when he came here he was dealing with all the hate Lebron got for "the decision", so he would get extremely defensive about it, and would feel the need to defend him in threads that had nothing to do with him.

Now two years later, Lebrons had 2 championship runs, and he's playing at an all time great level, so naturally Pauks calmed down quite a bit

KG215
12-29-2013, 02:57 PM

:oldlol:

See your still pushing the "Durant plays no defense" bullshit even though Durant's defending at a high level for the second straight season.

gts
12-29-2013, 03:48 PM
Not sure if it's his (Durant) best chance, he had a better chance with a healthy team...

MVP award is based off two things, a players talent level and the impact he has on the team. It's also based off of wins and that's a team stat. Without Westbrook the team will have to find a way to fill that void.

We know Durant can play, there's no question about that and we know even with Westbrook playing Durant was the team leader
Minus Westbrook Durant will still play at a high level or even pick it up a notch but the question is will the team as a whole be able to support Durant's efforts night in and night out enough for his contributions to be looked at as MVP level play.

red1
12-29-2013, 03:50 PM
he will definitely get an mvp in his career but Im not sure if this is the year. you need a team that racks up wins and who knows how okc holds up in the standings during westbrooks absence

red1
12-29-2013, 03:50 PM
Not sure if it's his (Durant) best chance, he had a better chance with a healthy team...

MVP award is based off two things, a players talent level and the impact he has on the team. It's also based off of wins and that's a team stat. Without Westbrook the team will have to find a way to fill that void.

We know Durant can play, there's no question about that and we know even with Westbrook playing Durant was the team leader
Minus Westbrook Durant will still play at a high level or even pick it up a notch but the question is will the team as a whole be able to support Durant's efforts night in and night out enough for his contributions to be looked at as MVP level play.
exactly

Fudge
12-29-2013, 04:21 PM
shut the fcuk up red1

This is DurGAWD's year. :no:

Mr. Jabbar
12-29-2013, 04:26 PM
so,we gonna wait for bosh wade and allen to be out simultaneously for lebron to prove his mvp worthness?

red1
12-29-2013, 04:26 PM
This is DurGAWD's year
good one

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/darali_starscream/B3%20Stuff/james_4.jpg

Nuff Said
12-29-2013, 04:37 PM
It's not gonna be up to durant it's gonna be up to his teammates whether he gets MVP or not. If they can't supplement his skill his stats will magically turn into empty stats and "he just doesn't have what it takes to win" type criticism.

La Frescobaldi
12-29-2013, 06:28 PM
:oldlol:

See your still pushing the "Durant plays no defense" bullshit even though Durant's defending at a high level for the second straight season.

go read the recent thread on Lin's defense and get back to me. And if you think Urant's defense is good then I don't know what to tell you except go get with a coach for some lessons in basketball. He gets scorched nightly.

Fudge
12-29-2013, 06:29 PM
go read the recent thread on Lin's defense and get back to me. And if you think Urant's defense is good then I don't know what to tell you except go get with a coach for some lessons in basketball. He gets scorched nightly.
:roll:

La Frescobaldi
12-29-2013, 06:31 PM
repped you for negging me dude.

A man that puts his name beside his neg has some cojones

Fudge
12-29-2013, 06:32 PM
repped you for negging me dude.

A man that puts his name beside his neg has some cojones
:rockon:

La Frescobaldi
12-29-2013, 06:36 PM
:rockon:
:lol it's true tho. lot of cowards hide behind that neg stuff

I wish KD would step back his scoring about 3 or 5 points though and step up the intensity level on the other end. Dude still has to get balance of defense and all-round stamina if he wants to be seen at level of guys like Havlicek or LeBron

KG215
12-29-2013, 06:50 PM
And if you think Durant's so bad on defense it's worth calling him something juvenile like "Urant", I don't know what to tell you. At the absolute very least, he's an average defender now, which would still be better than a bevvy of the ultra-high scoring/ultra-efficient forwards to come before him....and that's (average) at the absolute very least. However, almost every defensive metric AND the eye test would tell you he's at least a good defender, if not "very" good; not that it matters, really, because trying to argue between good and very good is really just nit picking.

KyrieTheFuture
12-29-2013, 06:52 PM
Durant isn't a top 5 defender at his position.

andremiller07
12-29-2013, 06:56 PM
Does not need to be his defence is good enough the OKC team D covers up holes in players games very well, other than Westbrook none of those guys are top 5 defenders at there position.

Durrant plays more than acceptbale D for a guy who is a leader in scoring.

KG215
12-29-2013, 06:56 PM
Who said he was? He's still turned into a good defender the last couple of years.

Fudge
12-29-2013, 06:59 PM
Paul George
LeBron James
Luol Deng
Kawhi Leonard
Andre Iguodala

Well, no shit.