PDA

View Full Version : Has Dwyane Wade Forgiven LeBron for Throwing the 2011 Finals?

BallsOut
12-23-2013, 06:09 PM
Some facts for the 2013 kiddies. Back in 2011, the Heat went up to 2-1 against Mavs. Wade clearcut finals MVP. Lebron decides to lay some eggs the next 3 games, because he can't phantom being called a mere sidekick to Wade and the Heat go on to lose a series in which they were heavily favored to win.

Of course the tables have turned. The Heat have now won 2 titles. Wade once a batman now finds more pleasure playing robin to a guy who has a weaker mentality than he. Some call it sacrifice. Others call it the easy way out.

Whatever you want to call it, the question still remains to this day somewhere deep down in the back of Wade's mind, will Wade ever forgive Lebron for throwing that 2011 series against the Mavs? A series in which Wade worked so hard for, a series in which he left everything on the floor only to have it swept away by Lebron's jealousy and lack of production.

K Xerxes
12-23-2013, 06:16 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UUBBVvfBUcM/T1t8Zi673mI/AAAAAAAAA0c/uEdZ-PA4IpI/s1600/homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif

PJR
12-23-2013, 06:18 PM
Sure. Has Shaq forgiven Kobe for dry snitching and throwing the 2004
Finals?

Black and White
12-23-2013, 06:18 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UUBBVvfBUcM/T1t8Zi673mI/AAAAAAAAA0c/uEdZ-PA4IpI/s1600/homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif

This

Fudge
12-23-2013, 06:19 PM
I approve of this thread. :applause:

Mr. Jabbar
12-23-2013, 06:22 PM
it wasnt lebron being jealous tho, it was straight up chokin' tbh. it was the last year devin stern let free will do its part during post-season, after that he actively made sure his long term masterplan went through

Lebron23
12-23-2013, 06:22 PM
Back to Back NBA titles. Has Shaq forgiven Kobe for throwing and playing like a pansy in the 2004 NBA Finals??

Solefade
12-23-2013, 06:23 PM
has smush parker and kwame brown forgiven Kobe for choking the 2006 first round playoffs?

HoopsFanNumero1
12-23-2013, 06:23 PM
Can someone explain why Lakers fans, I mean Kobe fans, are so obsessed with Lebron? Is it just insecurity?

Fudge
12-23-2013, 06:25 PM
Can someone explain why Lakers fans, I mean Kobe fans, are so obsessed with Lebron? Is it just insecurity?
Not a Kobe fan, but like, it goes the other way around too. :confusedshrug:

SavageMode
12-23-2013, 06:26 PM
How has Kobe played in 7 Finals but only won 2 FMVP? Anyone know? I can't remember.

HoopsFanNumero1
12-23-2013, 06:27 PM
Not a Kobe fan, but like, it goes the other way around too. :confusedshrug:

More so nowadays, but historically its always been Kobe fans being insecure of Lebron, particularly since he started winning.

Mr. Jabbar
12-23-2013, 06:30 PM
More so nowadays, but historically its always been Kobe fans being insecure of Lebron, particularly since he started winning.

its all about education, lebron fans disrespect true all time greats cause they were being changed diapers until 2006, we show them his rightfull place in history as a wannabe top 20 goat with wilt-esque choking habits

Marchesk
12-23-2013, 06:31 PM
it wasnt lebron being jealous tho, it was straight up chokin' tbh.

It's weird though, because Lebron wasn't choking against the Bulls. Why would he get scared in the finals?

Mr. Jabbar
12-23-2013, 06:33 PM
It's weird though, because Lebron wasn't choking against the Bulls. Why would he get scared in the finals?

rlly? cause da ring is closer

Fudge
12-23-2013, 06:35 PM
"Bron under pressure. What dat make? Failures." -J. Cole

SamuraiSWISH
12-23-2013, 06:39 PM
Sure. Has Shaq forgiven Kobe for dry snitching and throwing the 2004
Finals?
What is "dry" snitching? Is that like dry humping?

SilkkTheShocker
12-23-2013, 06:40 PM
"Bron under pressure. What dat make? Failures." -J. Cole

Considering LeBron raped Durant and hick town in the Finals, you should probably stay out of this topic, son.

Fudge
12-23-2013, 06:41 PM
Considering LeBron raped Durant and hick town in the Finals, you should probably stay out of this topic, son.
I was just quoting a song dude, why you always mad at me for? :confusedshrug:

Marchesk
12-23-2013, 06:42 PM

Raping = holding player to 31 ppg on 55% shooting. :biggums:

Fudge
12-23-2013, 06:43 PM
:roll:

No kidding.

SavageMode
12-23-2013, 06:45 PM
:roll:

No kidding.
Lebron will always own Durant and his little hick town. Sit down kid.
You're too ez.

Fudge
12-23-2013, 06:47 PM
You're too ez.
Always gotta be so mad at me for, yo. But why?

SilkkTheShocker
12-23-2013, 06:56 PM
You're too ez.

Owned Durant so bad he was crying on his mom's shoulder like a bitch :oldlol:

Fudge
12-23-2013, 06:58 PM
Did dis fool really just gloss over dis post doe and respond to his own account? Yo I'm done. :roll:

Marchesk
12-23-2013, 06:59 PM

Helps that Harden pulled a 2011 Lebron.

SamuraiSWISH
12-23-2013, 07:01 PM
:eek:

Dat touche

SilkkTheShocker
12-23-2013, 07:01 PM

You can hate on LeBron all you want. It won't change the fact that your favorite player will always be known as Bill Russell's bitch.

Fudge
12-23-2013, 07:02 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

/Silkks life

zoom17
12-23-2013, 07:03 PM

:oldlol:

Marchesk
12-23-2013, 07:04 PM
You can hate on LeBron all you want. It won't change the fact that your favorite player will always be known as Bill Russell's bitch.

Lebron was the Celtics bitch too until he joined up with his buddies.

CavaliersFTW
12-23-2013, 07:04 PM
it wasnt lebron being jealous tho, it was straight up chokin' tbh. it was the last year devin stern let free will do its part during post-season, after that he actively made sure his long term masterplan went through
Here's where we disagree. I actually think Stern WAS doing everything in his emergency powers to make the Heat win in 2011, Lebron choked so bad though that even Stern couldn't help him. Stern lost a lot of money and a couple years of his life due to stress after 2011, he was not happy, that is why ultimately he is stepping down. He can't keep up the sharade of injuring players and vetoing trades so that the cHeat have a clear path to the title anymore, even he is sick of the burden.

SilkkTheShocker
12-23-2013, 07:05 PM
Lebron was the Celtics bitch too until he joined up with his buddies.

Things changed once LeBron wasn't playing with Mo Williams as his #2. Wilt just stayed a bitter loser the rest of his career.

Mr. Jabbar
12-23-2013, 07:08 PM

dat ether :bowdown: :bowdown:

Marchesk
12-23-2013, 07:08 PM
Things changed once LeBron wasn't playing with Mo Williams as his #2. Wilt just stayed a bitter loser the rest of his career.

In 50 years time, Wilt will still own the record books. Lebron will be replaced by another all-around great. Like Durant, starting this season.

zoom17
12-23-2013, 07:11 PM
In 50 years time, Wilt will still own the record books. Lebron will be replaced by another all-around great. Like Durant, starting this season.

how do you know that

Black and White
12-23-2013, 07:19 PM

:no: Not cool trying to discredit someone for showing emotion. It's better than LeBron refusing to shake hands and running away

Marchesk
12-23-2013, 07:20 PM
how do you know that

Which part? Wilt's owned the record books since he retired, despite all the GOAT level players who have played since. The rules of the game are going to have to change or genetically enhanced cloned cyborgs will start playing the game at some point in order to change that.

So maybe you're right.

http://www.fanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/basquash-robot-01.jpg

jlip
12-23-2013, 07:32 PM
This thread already exists. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299943)

RedBlackAttack
12-23-2013, 07:35 PM
Championship games were a struggle for James prior to 2012 and it goes beyond just the 2007 and 2011 Finals.

Believe it or not, as a junior, in the argument for the greatest high school player of all-time and playing on one of the best teams in the country, they lost to Roger Bacon High School out of Cincinnati in the Ohio Division II state final. It was a shock, not just in the state, but to basketball fanatics around the country.

James, who was the National Player of the Year and had been unstoppable that whole season, had a very poor game. No one thought the game would be close. He was relatively awful, full disclosure.

Even in his senior year and playing for the No. 1 team in the country, they barely squeaked by Kettering Alter 40-36 in another completely underwhelming performance by James.

I don't know what it was... Nerves or trying to do too much or whatever.

But, I didn't see the greatness of LeBron James in a title game/series until 2012.

Mr. Jabbar
12-23-2013, 08:31 PM
Championship games were a struggle for James prior to 2012 and it goes beyond just the 2007 and 2011 Finals.

Believe it or not, as a junior, in the argument for the greatest high school player of all-time and playing on one of the best teams in the country, they lost to Roger Bacon High School out of Cincinnati in the Ohio Division II state final. It was a shock, not just in the state, but to basketball fanatics around the country.

James, who was the National Player of the Year and had been unstoppable that whole season, had a very poor game. No one thought the game would be close. He was relatively awful, full disclosure.

Even in his senior year and playing for the No. 1 team in the country, they barely squeaked by Kettering Alter 40-36 in another completely underwhelming performance by James.

interesting :applause: bran with his first choking job as a toddler, one of many to come

Trollsmasher
12-23-2013, 08:35 PM
If LeBron played on his normal level, he would've won the FMVP:confusedshrug:

Dresta
12-23-2013, 08:39 PM
Back to Back NBA titles. Has Shaq forgiven Kobe for throwing and playing like a pansy in the 2004 NBA Finals??
Both probably will by the end of it. They may still be friends, but Wade will probably see that as an important 'what if?' and not forgive him, deep down.

DirkNowitzki41
12-23-2013, 08:56 PM
Wade should blame the Mavericks defense

Replay32
12-23-2013, 08:59 PM
Interesting thread.

Back in 2011 a cable tech came to my house to hook up cable and he told me that he knew people in Miami. He said that the mob got to Lebron and he was going have a bad finals. This was before the finals had started. He said he would be fine after that year, but in 2011 the mob got to him. I looked at the cable tech like "ok man, whatever". He said that after the finals, I was going to remember what he told me.

Well...I don't know if what that dude was saying is true or not. But I do know that LeBron forgot how to play basketball and wasn't aggressive at all in that series. What the cable guy said crosses my mind often. It was weird.

True story. I'm not making this up.

Bandito
12-23-2013, 10:19 PM
Interesting thread.

Back in 2011 a cable tech came to my house to hook up cable and he told me that he knew people in Miami. He said that the mob got to Lebron and he was going have a bad finals. This was before the finals had started. He said he would be fine after that year, but in 2011 the mob got to him. I looked at the cable tech like "ok man, whatever". He said that after the finals, I was going to remember what he told me.

Well...I don't know if what that dude was saying is true or not. But I do know that LeBron forgot how to play basketball and wasn't aggressive at all in that series. What the cable guy said crosses my mind often. It was weird.

True story. I'm not making this up.mmm... If you are not lying about this, this so interesting.

Sarcastic
12-23-2013, 10:26 PM
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh274/Zweimaster/MAXIMUMTROLLING.gif

SamuraiSWISH
12-23-2013, 10:27 PM
Interesting thread.

True story. I'm not making this up.
Yea, but why on earth would LeBron have motivation to throw a series for the mob? This isn't college sports. These guys are already millionaires a few times over. In LeBron's case, absurdly so. What? They threatened to off Gloria James? None of that sounds plausible. LeBron just has a long history pre 2012 of crumbling on the highest stage.

Replay32
12-23-2013, 10:45 PM
Yea, but why on earth would LeBron have motivation to throw a series for the mob? This isn't college sports. These guys are already millionaires a few times over. In LeBron's case, absurdly so. What? They threatened to off Gloria James? None of that sounds plausible. LeBron just has a long history pre 2012 of crumbling on the highest stage.

If the mob is going to get to you then that's what they are going to do. The Heat were the heavy favorites in the series man. Look, IMO I think he just had a bad series. But you and I don't know that for a fact.

I just thought that it was weird that a couple of days before the finals, the cable guy is telling me that Lebron is going to suck in the finals because he knows people in Miami and the mob got to him. The guy also told me to watch what happens in the finals and afterward I was going to think about what he told me. He said that cuz I looked at him like he was full of shit.

But guess what happen in the finals...

Exactly what he told me was gonna happen.

:lol

SamuraiSWISH
12-23-2013, 10:48 PM
If the mob is going to get to you then that's what they are going to do. The Heat were the heavy favorites in the series man. Look, IMO I think he just had a bad series. But you and I don't know that for a fact.

I just thought that it was weird that a couple of days before the finals, the cable guy is telling me that Lebron is going to suck in the finals because he knows people in Miami and the mob got to him. The guy also told me to watch what happens in the finals and afterward I was going to think about what he told me. He said that cuz I looked at him like he was full of shit.

But guess what happen in the finals...

Exactly what he told me was gonna happen.

So LeBron in his quest to be the first billionaire athlete, Miami was heavy favorites, bigger payout if they lost and one was to bet on the Mavericks. So he was in cahoots with the mob who privately invested his money on gambling a premeditated thrown series? Is that the theory you're suggesting?

:confusedshrug:

Replay32
12-23-2013, 11:05 PM
So LeBron in his quest to be the first billionaire athlete, Miami was heavy favorites, bigger payout if they lost and one was to bet on the Mavericks. So he was in cahoots with the mob who privately invested his money on gambling a premeditated thrown series? Is that the theory you're suggesting?

:confusedshrug:

I'm not suggesting anything. I don't know what did or didn't happen. Like I said, I think he just had a bad series. I'm just conveying what happened the day the cable dude came to my house.

Do you know for a fact that it's not true? Do you know for a fact that it is? You can say it doesn't make sense, it's just a coincidence, or it's no plausible. But we don't know for a fact if the mob got to LeBron or not. I just thought it was weird and it does cross my mind sometimes mainly because of LeBron's lack of aggressiveness.

And since the title of the thread is "Has Dwayne Wade Forgiven Lebron for Throwing the 2011 finals", I felt it was appropriate to share this story. Okay?

SamuraiSWISH
12-23-2013, 11:07 PM
I'm not suggesting anything. I don't know what did or didn't happen. Like I said, I think he just had a bad series. I'm just conveying what happened the day the cable dude came to my house.
No, I know bro ... I'm just saying the theory is extremely interesting.

Mr. Incredible
12-24-2013, 12:11 AM
So many depressed haters in this thread.
FeelsGREATman...

YOUR TEARS TASTE LIKE WINE!!!!!!!

:pimp:

BallsOut
12-24-2013, 02:49 PM

But, I didn't see the greatness of LeBron James in a title game/series until 2012.

I don't think the series could be chalked up due to "choking". Lebron was really passive in that finals. It's as if he didn't want to be on the court. Reminded me of games 5 and 6 of the Celtics series when was still with the Cavs in 2010 when he played similarly and was just anxious to get out of Cleveland forever.

G-Funk
12-24-2013, 03:02 PM

Even though Lebron has proven to be a choke artist I think OP is right

G-Funk
12-24-2013, 03:03 PM
I don't think the series could be chalked up due to "choking". Lebron was really passive in that finals. It's as if he didn't want to be on the court. Reminded me of games 5 and 6 of the Celtics series when was still with the Cavs in 2010 when he played similarly and was just anxious to get out of Cleveland forever.

Agreed, one thing is to try and fail(choke) another is to stand there and do nothing which is what Lebron did in 2011.

BallsOut
12-24-2013, 08:24 PM
Agreed, one thing is to try and fail(choke) another is to stand there and do nothing which is what Lebron did in 2011.

Amen :applause:

3LiftHeatCurse
12-24-2013, 08:28 PM
Did Kaitlyn Faber forgive Kobe for raping her?

BallsOut
12-24-2013, 08:30 PM

:biggums:

3LiftHeatCurse
12-24-2013, 08:32 PM

Did Shaq forgive Kobe for ruining the championship run?

Did Phil Jackson forgive Kobe for making him lose his 1st ever NBA Finals?

Do Laker fans forgive Kobe for being greedy and signing a contract that makes him the highest paid player in the NBA at 36 yrs old and coming off an achilles injury?

I could go on. These are all hard hitting questions.

NumberSix
12-24-2013, 08:39 PM
Did Shaq forgive Kobe for ruining the championship run?

Did Phil Jackson forgive Kobe for making him lose his 1st ever NBA Finals?

Do Laker fans forgive Kobe for being greedy and signing a contract that makes him the highest paid player in the NBA at 36 yrs old and coming off an achilles injury?

I could go on. These are all hard hitting questions.
That has nothing to do with greed. He didn't ask for that number. They made an offer and he accepted. It's not like he played hardball with them.

3LiftHeatCurse
12-24-2013, 08:41 PM
That has nothing to do with greed. He didn't ask for that number. They made an offer and he accepted. It's not like he played hardball with them.

Wade was offered the max, and instead of just taking it, he went and convinced LeBron and Bosh to take less money, and Wade took even less money than either of them, so they could sign more players to help the team win.

Kobe could have said "That means a lot to me, the offer makes me feel wanted, and respected. But I want you guys to offer less, and use the money to sign more guys to help me win a 6th ring"

Instead, he said "cool thx" and made himself the highest paid player in the NBA at 36 yrs old coming off injury.

TheMarkMadsen
12-24-2013, 08:56 PM
Wade was offered the max, and instead of just taking it, he went and convinced LeBron and Bosh to take less money, and Wade took even less money than either of them, so they could sign more players to help the team win.

Kobe could have said "That means a lot to me, the offer makes me feel wanted, and respected. But I want you guys to offer less, and use the money to sign more guys to help me win a 6th ring"

Instead, he said "cool thx" and made himself the highest paid player in the NBA at 36 yrs old coming off injury.

Counting another mans money.

Not bitch made at all

NumberSix
12-24-2013, 08:59 PM

Wade was still in his prime and still trying to win. Kobe is at the end of his career. His winning days are over. It's not the same.

NumberSix
12-24-2013, 08:59 PM
Counting another mans money.

Not bitch made at all
People who don't have money have the weirdest opinions about it.

SamuraiSWISH
12-24-2013, 09:04 PM
People who don't have money have the weirdest opinions about it.
As do they people who have it, don't they? Let me guess, you have money?

Bandito
12-24-2013, 09:05 PM

Instead, he said "cool thx" and made himself the highest paid player in the NBA at 36 yrs old coming off injury.OMG so he took the most money he could take and that's a knock on him? Lakers offered him that money, he didn't ask for it.:facepalm

NumberSix
12-24-2013, 09:11 PM
As do they people who have it, don't they? Let me guess, you have money?
I've never heard a person who has money say something like someone else is a bad guy for simply accepting money he was offered.

It's always people who don't have money that say things like angrily saying "he has enough already. He should take less". Yeah, as if you would take a pay cut from your job.

Kobe was right. Why should millionaire players ask to take less money from their billionaire bosses?

NumberSix
12-24-2013, 09:13 PM
OMG so he took the most money he could take and that's a knock on him? Lakers offered him that money, he didn't ask for it.:facepalm
It's not like the lakers get nothing out of it. It makes them look good to other players. It sends the message of "hey, if you're a free agent, come to the Lakers. This is where you want to be. We take care of our superstars". It's a great PR move on their part.

Shit like that matters. Things like this still affect why superstars don't want to play for the Bulls. You treat MJ like that, future stars take notice.

Bandito
12-24-2013, 09:16 PM
It's not like the lakers get nothing out of it. It makes them look good to other players. It sends the message of "hey, if you're a free agent, come to the Lakers. This is where you want to be. We take care of our superstars". It's a great PR move on their part.
Yes I concur with that. Plus Kobe still bring people to the seats. It is a good business move on everyone involved. If only i was lol.

NumberSix
12-24-2013, 09:18 PM
Yes I concur with that. Plus Kobe still bring people to the seats. It is a good business move on everyone involved. If only i was lol.
If Chicago treated Jordan with the respect that the Lakers are giving Kobe, maybe they would have signed a free agent in the last 15 years. Guys like Garnett and Wade outright said that was one of the reasons why they wouldn't go to Chicago. Lakers won't have that problem because they treat their players right.

SamuraiSWISH
12-24-2013, 09:21 PM
I've never heard a person who has money say something like someone else is a bad guy for simply accepting money he was offered.
Oh, me neither.

TheMarkMadsen
12-24-2013, 10:00 PM
If Chicago treated Jordan with the respect that the Lakers are giving Kobe, maybe they would have signed a free agent in the last 15 years. Guys like Garnett and Wade outright said that was one of the reasons why they wouldn't go to Chicago. Lakers won't have that problem because they treat their players right.

Exactly.

knicksman
12-25-2013, 02:04 AM
lebron is just not that good.

BallsOut
12-26-2013, 02:52 PM

Lebron stans reaching pretty low. :biggums:

Perhaps they don't want to talk about it, as if it never happened. Push it far away back in the shelves of their minds. Just like Wade, perhaps they are living in denial because the present is far more joyous than the bitter past.

red1
12-26-2013, 03:26 PM
lebron is just not that good.
yet he is single handedly better than the entire knicks franchise :roll:

BallsOut
06-23-2015, 11:39 PM
Some facts for the 2013 kiddies. Back in 2011, the Heat went up to 2-1 against Mavs. Wade clearcut finals MVP. Lebron decides to lay some eggs the next 3 games, because he can't phantom being called a mere sidekick to Wade and the Heat go on to lose a series in which they were heavily favored to win.

Of course the tables have turned. The Heat have now won 2 titles. Wade once a batman now finds more pleasure playing robin to a guy who has a weaker mentality than he. Some call it sacrifice. Others call it the easy way out.

Whatever you want to call it, the question still remains to this day somewhere deep down in the back of Wade's mind, will Wade ever forgive Lebron for throwing that 2011 series against the Mavs? A series in which Wade worked so hard for, a series in which he left everything on the floor only to have it swept away by Lebron's jealousy and lack of production.

Has he? You have to wonder. Wade could be in discussion for top 10 of all time talks if not for Lebron's sudden disappearance in the 2011 finals. Instead he's barely cracking top 25 in most people's lists. Such a shame.

SouBeachTalents
06-23-2015, 11:42 PM
Has he? You have to wonder. Wade could be in discussion for top 10 of all time talks if not for Lebron's sudden disappearance in the 2011 finals. Instead he's barely cracking top 25 in most people's lists. Such a shame.

TheBigVeto
06-24-2015, 02:20 AM
No shame in losing to the Mavs. In all time ranking:
Dirk > Bron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DWhistle.

Wade's Rings
06-24-2015, 05:57 PM
No shame in losing to the Mavs. In all time ranking:
Dirk > Bron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DWhistle.

Wade

Number of series with 10+ FTA: 4
Number of series with 12+ FTA: 2
Number of series with 14+ FTA: 1
Number of series with 16+ FTA: 1
Highest FT Average- 16.1

Lebron

Number of series with 10+ FTA: 18
Number of series with 12+ FTA: 5
Number of series with 14+ FTA: 2
Number of series with 16+ FTA: 0
Highest FT Average- 15.75

Wade is D-Whistle when Bron has x4 the amount of 10+ FTA series, x2 the amount of series shooting 12+ FT's, and doubled the number of series shooting 14+ FT's :roll: :roll:

dubeta
06-24-2015, 05:59 PM
Wade

Number of series with 10+ FTA: 4
Number of series with 12+ FTA: 2
Number of series with 14+ FTA: 1
Number of series with 16+ FTA: 1
Highest FT Average- 16.1

Lebron

Number of series with 10+ FTA: 18
Number of series with 12+ FTA: 5
Number of series with 14+ FTA: 2
Number of series with 16+ FTA: 0
Highest FT Average- 15.75

Wade is D-Whistle when Bron has x4 the amount of 10+ FTA series, x2 the amount of series shooting 12+ FT's, and doubled the number of series shooting 14+ FT's :roll: :roll:

WTF does that have to do with anything? :facepalm

Wade was never that good bro just deal with it

Wade's Rings
06-24-2015, 06:06 PM
http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com/image/gif/08515847a454470c492def31c7ad34c9e08a776.gif

:rockon:

LongLiveTheKing
06-24-2015, 06:32 PM
LeBron played bad in 2011 but D-Wade barely showed up against the Spurs in 2014

Duncan21formvp
06-21-2020, 08:38 PM
I dont think Wade has. Wade with Melo that year gets the title.

Axe
06-21-2020, 10:28 PM
Bumping old ass threads once again? 🥴

trada7029
01-15-2021, 04:54 PM
Wade would've been FMVP in 2011, so what would Lebron's legacy be if he won the 11' title with Wade as FMVP?

or if Ray misses that shot in 13' to make him 1/4 at the time?

So there's too many spots where a lucky bounce prevented him from having Dr. J resume and status... So I rank him closer to Dr. J than say, Jordan or Kareem.. it only makes sense.. :confusedshrug:

Gus Hemmingway
01-15-2021, 04:57 PM
Wade would've been FMVP in 2011, so what would Lebron's legacy be if he won the 11' title with Wade as FMVP?

So there's too many spots where a lucky bounce prevented him from having Dr. J resume and status... So I rank him closer to Dr. J than say, Jordan or Kareem.. it only makes sense.. :confusedshrug:

What if Jordan never got Pippen? Does he end up 3-27 in the first round? (1-9 times 3)

trada7029
01-15-2021, 04:58 PM
What if Jordan never got Pippen? Does he end up 3-27 in the first round? (1-9 times 3)

Jordan played with pippen most of his career, so the 3-year sample without pippen when Jordan was a rookie and sophomore 8 seed means nothing... Most guys like Curry, Lebron, KD, and Giannis struggles early in their career (actually miss the playoffs)

Axe
01-15-2021, 05:02 PM

I see you got banned in your main once again ;)

Gus Hemmingway
01-15-2021, 05:03 PM
Jordan played with pippen most of his career, so the 3-year sample without pippen when Jordan was a rookie and sophomore 8 seed means nothing... Most guys like Curry, Lebron, KD, and Giannis struggles early in their career (actually miss the playoffs)

Jordan missed the playoffs in his 14th and 15th seasons, LeBron made the Finals in his 14th and 15th seasons

trada7029
01-15-2021, 05:04 PM
I see you got banned in your main once again ;)

it's eemarkable how Wade would've been FMVP in 2011, which would seriously alter Lebron's resume and status.

So there's too many spots where a lucky bounce prevented him from having Dr. J resume and status... So I rank him closer to Dr. J than say, Jordan or Kareem.. it only makes sense..

aj1987
01-15-2021, 05:08 PM
it's eemarkable how Wade would've been FMVP in 2011, which would seriously alter Lebron's resume and status.

So there's too many spots where a lucky bounce prevented him from having Dr. J resume and status... So I rank him closer to Dr. J than say, Jordan or Kareem.. it only makes sense..

Considering the FACT that 1-9 has a losing record without Pippen and could never get out of the first round, he should be ranked with the likes of Jerry Stackhouse. Lets not lump him in with ATG's like LeBron, KAJ, and Dr. J. :cheers:

paksat
01-15-2021, 06:11 PM
Considering the FACT that 1-9 has a losing record without Pippen and could never get out of the first round, he should be ranked with the likes of Jerry Stackhouse. Lets not lump him in with ATG's like LeBron, KAJ, and Dr. J. :cheers:

6 finals

6 wins

10 finals

20 all star teams

4 wins

SouBeachTalents
01-15-2021, 06:26 PM
I don't think 3ball has forgiven LeBron for threatening his idol

Trollsmasher
01-16-2021, 10:56 AM
Wade wanted to be an alpha one last time so LeBron let him.

Wade was the one who choked.

3ball
04-09-2021, 01:22 PM

Wade should have 4 titles, 2 FMVP, and a 3-peat, which would make him borderline top 10 along with Kobe... Lebron ruined this legacy for Wade, and now Wade's legacy is far less

Ultimately, Lebron played exactly like Pippen in the 2011 Finals (18/7/6 and frightened in the clutch), but Wade couldn't win with that.. only Jordan can

Ainosterhaspie
04-09-2021, 01:34 PM
Wade should have 4 titles and 2 FMVP, which would make him borderline top 10 along with Kobe... Lebron ruined this legacy for Wade, and now Wade is looked at as far less

Ultimately, Lebron played exactly like Pippen in the 2011 Finals (18/7/6 and frightened in the clutch), but Wade couldn't win with that.. only Jordan can

2006 Wade would have won that series even with LeBron's subpar performance. LeBron played well enough to win a title as a second or third option. Wade not having two FMVPs and higher all time status is completely on him for not seizing that opportunity.

That said, LeBron only playing at second option level, instead of like the first option he is, is obviously a huge black mark on his resume, much bigger than Wade's missed opportunity there. It is possible though for multiple players to come up short on the same team in the same series and for a player to play very well, yet still below his potential as Wade did in that series.

tpols
04-09-2021, 01:46 PM
Now that I think of it I think Wade threw 2014 in retaliation. He looked way better in the playoffs two years later on a crappy heat team. 2011 though was a definite throw by LeBron. Like the 8 point game... There's no defense that could hold LeBron to 8 points in a crucial Finals game. Look at how he drops 40 with ease on a better defense in the Warriors and can only put up EIGHT points on the Mavs? He threw it because he didnt want to be known as the Pippen to Wades Jordan. Its so clear in hindsight.... All he ever cared about was his legacy even if it meant screwing over his best friend. LeSnake.

3ball
04-09-2021, 01:47 PM
2006 Wade would have won that series even with LeBron's subpar performance. LeBron played well enough to win a title as a second or third option. Wade not having two FMVPs and higher all time status is completely on him for not seizing that opportunity.

That said, LeBron only playing at second option level, instead of like the first option he is, is obviously a huge black mark on his resume, much bigger than Wade's missed opportunity there. It is possible though for multiple players to come up short on the same team in the same series and for a player to play very well, yet still below his potential as Wade did in that series.

Wade outplayed Dirk in the 2011 Finals and was entirely dominant, but his sidekick was outperformed by Dirk's, especially in the clutch, where Lebron was literally the worst all-time (even worse than Pippen) - specifically, Lebron had zero points in the "last 5 within 5", which NBA.com terms as "clutch points".. No one can win with that, not even Jordan (pippen had 4 clutch points in the 97' Finals, aka last place, but still more than Lebron's zero)

Ainosterhaspie
04-09-2021, 02:50 PM
Wade outplayed Dirk in the 2011 Finals and was entirely dominant, but his sidekick was outperformed by Dirk's, especially in the clutch, where Lebron was literally the worst all-time (even worse than Pippen) - specifically, Lebron had zero points in the "last 5 within 5", which NBA.com terms as "clutch points".. No one can win with that, not even Jordan (pippen had 4 clutch points in the 97' Finals, aka last place, but still more than Lebron's zero)

Heat lost game 2 by 2 points. Wade had zero in the final seven minutes. Heat lost game 4 by 3 points. Wade had just 3 points final seven minutes. Heat were 7 points away from sweeping the series, but Wade could only muster 3 points over 14 minutes of game time. He was a top player in the league, an alpha with FMVP under his belt, fully capable of a performance that would have sealed both those games. He did not do that. This doesn't excuse James' much worse performance, but then again, James' substandard performance doesn't mean Wade should be free from critique that series.

Heat lost because of James poor play much more so than Wade's falling just short of his potential. James may have lost them the series, but Wade could have won them the series, and didnt.

3ball
04-09-2021, 02:54 PM
Heat lost game 2 by 2 points. Wade had zero in the final seven minutes. Heat lost game 4 by 3 points. Wade had just 3 points final seven minutes. Heat were 7 points away from sweeping the series, but Wade could only muster 3 points over 14 minutes of game time. He was a top player in the league, an alpha with FMVP under his belt, fully capable of a performance that would have sealed both those games. He did not do that. This doesn't excuse James' much worse performance, but then again, James' substandard performance doesn't mean Wade should be free from critique that series.

Heat lost because of James poor play much more so than Wade's falling just short of his potential. James may have lost them the series, but Wade could have won them the series, and didnt.

Lebron had arguably the goat choke in sports history

So the loss is certainly his fault rather than Wade playing like Kobe instead of Jordan.. :rolleyes:

ShawkFactory
04-09-2021, 02:58 PM
Now that I think of it I think Wade threw 2014 in retaliation. He looked way better in the playoffs two years later on a crappy heat team. 2011 though was a definite throw by LeBron. Like the 8 point game... There's no defense that could hold LeBron to 8 points in a crucial Finals game. Look at how he drops 40 with ease on a better defense in the Warriors and can only put up EIGHT points on the Mavs? He threw it because he didnt want to be known as the Pippen to Wades Jordan. Its so clear in hindsight.... All he ever cared about was his legacy even if it meant screwing over his best friend. LeSnake.
Never considered that...but maybe lol.

He was BAD in the finals. After playing pretty decently in the previous 2 series.

FKAri
04-09-2021, 03:01 PM
Never considered that...but maybe lol.

He was BAD in the finals. After playing pretty decently in the previous 2 series.

or maybe he just had a bad series. Just like Lebron in 2011.

RRR3
04-09-2021, 03:05 PM
This is ISH, rational explanations aren’t allowed.

ShawkFactory
04-09-2021, 03:06 PM

This fvcking guy..

eliteballer
10-19-2021, 08:57 PM
Anyone know?

aj1987
11-12-2021, 04:52 PM
6 finals
6 wins
10 finals
20 all star teams
4 wins

Again, for you retards in the back seats:

1-9 has a losing record without Pippen and could never get out of the first round, he should be ranked with the likes of Jerry Stackhouse. Lets not lump him in with ATG's like LeBron, KAJ, and Dr. J.

2much_knowledge
11-12-2021, 06:01 PM
Anyone know?

Idk but how petty can you be to play so bad to ensure your teammate doesn't win the finals mvp so you can claim you also did something Jordan did too

SouBeachTalents
11-12-2021, 06:15 PM
I mean, probably. Shit happened over a decade, I'm assuming Wade has better things to do than think about a series from 10 years ago.

ImKobe
11-12-2021, 07:28 PM
Idk but how petty can you be to play so bad to ensure your teammate doesn't win the finals mvp so you can claim you also did something Jordan did too

I don't think Lebron threw the series intentionally. The Mavs exploited his biggest weakness (lack of shooting) by playing zone and Wade tried his best to take over but it wasn't enough. The Heat simply didn't have enough perimeter shooting that year to counter the defense that was being played. Chalmers and Mike Miller were the only shooters who could make 3s in the series, Bibby was HORRIBLE in the POs.

Hey Yo
11-12-2021, 08:37 PM

Why bring up Kobe's 2004 performance?

Axe
11-12-2021, 09:55 PM
Again, for you retards in the back seats:

1-9 has a losing record without Pippen and could never get out of the first round, he should be ranked with the likes of Jerry Stackhouse. Lets not lump him in with ATG's like LeBron, KAJ, and Dr. J.
Sure, cez' besketbell ain't ey team geme riight? :confusedshrug:

3ba11
11-12-2021, 09:57 PM
1-9 has a losing record without Pippen

It's coincidence that the only time MJ didn't have Pippen were his first few years, when nearly EVERYONE loses - Durant, Lebron, Giannis and Curry were lottery in their first few years.. So people weaponize this coincidence, but once MJ had 3 healthy years to develop his team (88'), he made the 2nd Round just like 06' Lebron.. The difference is that Jordan was carrying a rookie low seed in a conference that required a super-team to win, while Lebron had the East all-star center and a high seed in a conference that 1-star teams were winning (iverson, dwight, kidd).

If MJ's Bulls had an extra perennial all-star teammate like Lebron had (Big 3 super-team), or a perennial all-star to play 3rd option like Lebron had (Big 3 super-team), then he would beat any team in history... But MJ only had 1 all-star teammate who never achieved elite 1st option stats (low-producer) and averaged 10-30 less in every series.. So MJ didn't even have an equal-producer at 2nd option like Lebron had with 11' Wade or 20' AD, let alone a 3rd option star (super-team).. Btw, Kyrie's career averages in the FInals are 28 on 47% just like Lebron's, and he outplayed the league MVP, so 16' Kyrie was an equal-producer just like 11' Wade and 20' AD.. Otoh, Pippen's Finals averages are 19 on 42%, so he was nowhere near Jordan's 34 on 48% with more apg..

Accordingly, Jordan lacked the equal-scoring partners that Lebron had, which matters because equal-scoring partners attact equal defensive attention - so only Jordan faced 1-man team defensive coverage for his entire career.. Kenny Smith talks about MJ being the only 1-man show here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UF6Xx3F2Lo&t=01m54s

Furthermore, the Pistons weren't old in 1991 - Isiah/Dumars/Rodman were 29/27/29, while Lebron didn't beat Garnett/Pierce/Allen unil they were 34/33/35

Btw, the 93' Suns and 96' Sonics had 3 all-stars, so Jordan beat teams that had more all-stars.. Ultimately, the 91' Lakers and 92' Blazers had better-ranked defenses and more scoring options, while the 93' Suns and 96' Sonics had nearly the same ranked defense and FAR more scoring options.. So the Jazz were the only FInals opponent that didn't have more talent, but they had a long-term organic brand that demolished Popovich/Duncan and Shaq's 4 all-star Lakers in 1998... Jordan also swept Shaq/Penny.

Btw, here's a play that exemplifies the relationship between MJ and pippen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrxK-DzqNEA&t=02m47s

Honor Boost
11-12-2021, 10:00 PM
Yes of course Wade went for a steal grab of the 11' Finals MVP but Wade threw the Finals in 14' so its even stevens. Wade should be mad for LeBron leaving in 14' after a Finals apperance.

Hey Yo
11-12-2021, 10:08 PM
Yes of course Wade went for a steal grab of the 11' Finals MVP but Wade threw the Finals in 14' so its even stevens. Wade should be mad for LeBron leaving in 14' after a Finals apperance.

Just like Pippen and co. should have been mad at MJ for quitting on the team after the 93' title.

Honor Boost
11-12-2021, 10:10 PM
Just like Pippen and co. should have been mad at MJ for quitting on the team after the 93' title.

Yes Pippen should be mad at MJ for 94 and 99, double the quite, double the madness.

3ba11
11-12-2021, 10:33 PM

1993 Finals

Jordan..,,,,,,,.,,. 41.0 on 58.8 TS
Pippen.,,,,,,,,.,.. 20.8 on 45.9 TS
MVP Barkley..... 27.3 on 54.4 TS

2016 Finals

Lebron'............ 29.7 on 56.2 TS
Kyrie............... 27.1 on 56.4 TS
MVP Curry........ 22.6 on 58.0 TS

Only Lebron has sidekicks that outplay the league MVP, aka the most help possible... Bosh did the same thing to Rose in the 2011 ECF, while AD destroyed future MVP Jokic in the 2020 WCF

aj1987
11-15-2021, 11:13 AM
1-9

Agreed. Ordan was trash without Pippen.

ShawkFactory
11-15-2021, 11:21 AM
1993 Finals

Jordan..,,,,,,,.,,. 41.0 on 58.8 TS
Pippen.,,,,,,,,.,.. 20.8 on 45.9 TS
MVP Barkley..... 27.3 on 54.4 TS

2016 Finals

Lebron'............ 29.7 on 56.2 TS
Kyrie............... 27.1 on 56.4 TS
MVP Curry........ 22.6 on 58.0 TS

Only Lebron has sidekicks that outplay the league MVP, aka the most help possible... Bosh did the same thing to Rose in the 2011 ECF, while AD destroyed future MVP Jokic in the 2020 WCF

And Curry is a top 5 player of all time apparently

Phoenix
11-15-2021, 11:24 AM

He and Giannis have done quite the 180s in recently months, from 'most overrated player ever' and 'Pippen level bums' to top 10 GOATS per 3nutball.

Axe
11-15-2021, 11:29 PM

"Most overrated player in history"