PDA

View Full Version : The great LeBron James is now officially shooting 60 percent on the season

PieceOfFelt
12-21-2013, 12:53 AM
What an age we live in. A perimeter player, one who dominates with his exceedingly brilliant passing ability and his near genius defensive prowess is now ending basketball as we once knew it. A perimeter player is shooting 60 percent. What an unfathomable accomplishment. We have watched him conquer this sport before but his level of domination is bordering on cartoonish. We are all grateful to live in the age of LeBron James and those who lack the sufficient level of gratitude can only be referred to as sad, helpless creatures.

inclinerator
12-21-2013, 01:11 AM
LeTranscendent

moe94
12-21-2013, 01:35 AM
That's why you can't count on efficient players to take over a game against a good defense. These guys aren't willing to do their thing but rather do what the defense gives them.

Opportunistic players.

What an idiot. He scored the possible 2 points he wanted! We let him do that. He scored again. Because we let him.

Le Shaqtus
12-21-2013, 01:52 AM
LeGarbageTime

fpliii
12-21-2013, 01:55 AM
That's why you can't count on efficient players to take over a game against a good defense. These guys aren't willing to do their thing but rather do what the defense gives them.

Opportunistic players.

I do think this is true in general.

In the playoffs, defenses are less likely to give up easier attempts, so in general you're gonna have to take and make difficult shots that the defense is more likely to concede, particularly against top defenses. Generally, these are gonna be long jumpers and shots you create with your post game. It's very difficult to win championships unless your offensive anchor is adept from midrange/in the post.

Heavincent
12-21-2013, 01:56 AM
Not trying to hate, but his percentages will most likely drop off significantly in the playoffs, just like last year (went from 57% in the regular season to 49% in the post season).

moe94
12-21-2013, 01:59 AM
Not trying to hate, but his percentages will most likely drop off significantly in the playoffs, just like last year (went from 57% in the regular season to 49% in the post season).

Still high for a perimeter player.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-21-2013, 01:59 AM
Lebron isnt a perimeter player anymore he played power forward the last 2 seasons
alot of his points come off transition and easy baskets inside

MMM
12-21-2013, 02:03 AM

Opportunistic players.

Are we going to forget his performances vs. two of the best defensive teams over the last decade and a half in the post season in Boston/Detroit

Darius
12-21-2013, 02:03 AM
lmao at the LBJ hate on this board.

This dude is straight killing it.

moe94
12-21-2013, 02:09 AM

They see stats. They rationalize it. :oldlol:

zoom17
12-21-2013, 02:11 AM

:applause:

All Net
12-21-2013, 02:22 AM
epic to say the least. the MVP could be his even if his PPG aren't as good as Durant's.

tmacattack33
12-21-2013, 02:25 AM
This.

He shoots a high percentage because people leave him open or dare him to shoot defense.

Yes this is kinda true. Lebron's inhuman first step and explosion forces many defenders to back off of him and give him an open jump shot.

BlackVVaves
12-21-2013, 02:28 AM

Opportunistic players.

You sound like an idiot. The point of the game is to put the ball in the basket and points on the board. But no, let's not be opportunistic, let's not take open shots, let's not take high percentage shots. Because, that makes so much ****ing sense.

You're such an outrageous troll that, for the third time, I'm certain you're a puppet account playing the role as Kobe worshipper to stir more distaste towards Bryant.

plowking
12-21-2013, 02:33 AM
It's easy to shoot 60% when you're team is so stacked that you're pretty much always left open or single covered

Yep. We've seen this happen consistently with players on stacked teams throughout history.

Nothing new guys.

VIntageNOvel
12-21-2013, 02:37 AM
lebron has been able to do this thanks to his passing ability and great teammates (not to take anything anything from bron), this team suit his strength the most (props to riley), it make him into 3 dimensional player, you double him, he would pass it to the open guy who would mostly convert the basket. too many option in attack, it makes the opponent harder to guard him

just about george bron comparison the other day, i dont think its too far fetched saying george is already on par with bron defensively and offensively, but one thing that he doesnt have, the passing ability, that alone make him on a whole different stratosphere

compared to the guy like carmelo: if he passes it, his teammate would brick it

Rose'sACL
12-21-2013, 02:40 AM
lebron has been able to do this thanks to his passing ability and great teammates (not to take anything anything from bron), this team suit his strength the most (props to riley), it make him into 3 dimensional player, you double him, he would pass it to the open guy who would mostly convert the basket. too many option in attack, it makes the opponent harder to guard him

are you an idiot? he has always shot the ball well. his game is just better now. he always used to get big assist numbers in cleveland when cleveland used to suck because his passes are in the exact place where the shooter wants it.
if you watched today's game then you would have noticed his passes to bosh and wade.
Guys like you should stop watching basketball because you clearly have no understanding of what is really happening on the court.

BlackVVaves
12-21-2013, 02:40 AM
I do think this is true in general.

In the playoffs, defenses are less likely to give up easier attempts, so in general you're gonna have to take and make difficult shots that the defense is more likely to concede, particularly against top defenses. Generally, these are gonna be long jumpers and shots you create with your post game. It's very difficult to win championships unless your offensive anchor is adept from midrange/in the post.

But does capitalizing on those shots and producing for your team in a highly efficient manner somehow make you an inferior player, like donkey brains is alluding to?

It most definitely does not. If LeBron struggles in the post season, similar to Peyton Manning, then let that be its own platform to be criticized. But in terms of the regular season, particularly this season, Bron is killing it.

Now, I will say this. What KD does and is doing right now offensively is more impressive. A jump shooter averaging 50% from the field scoring 29 points per game is more deserving of praise than a player that gets the majority of his points on dunks, open shots. It's why no matter how dominant Shaq's peak was, most people still consider what Jordan was able to do as a perimeter player more impressively dominant.

BlackVVaves
12-21-2013, 02:43 AM

just about george bron comparison the other day, i dont think its too far fetched saying george is already on par with bron defensively and offensively, but one thing that he doesnt have, the passing ability, that alone make him on a whole different stratosphere

Even when Melo had great teammates in Denver, he wasn't a great facilitator, or passer. So let's not pretend the incompetence from the rest of the Knicks are the means to his low assist totals.

BlackVVaves
12-21-2013, 02:45 AM
are you an idiot? he has always shot the ball well. his game is just better now. he always used to get big assist numbers in cleveland when cleveland used to suck because his passes are in the exact place where the shooter wants it.
if you watched today's game then you would have noticed his passes to bosh and wade.
Guys like you should stop watching basketball because you clearly have no understanding of what is really happening on the court.

Being a great jump shooter and an efficient scorer are two vastly different things.

VIntageNOvel
12-21-2013, 02:46 AM

calm the **** down dude,
im giving him props here, but dont act like its all on lebron,
you wouldnt shoot 60% if you got shit teammates, and nothing is wrong with having a great team, every other great had it
your lacking of reading comprehension, and quick to get your jimmy rustled make you look dumber than the shit you just posted

i already said his pasing ability make him unique and differ him from the like of durant and george (you could argue durant is better than him offensively, yet bron is more unguardable because of his passing)

strifed169
12-21-2013, 02:50 AM
60% top 3 scoring perimeter player, yet no other top 10 scorer in the league is cracking 50%, pretty stupid.

TerranOP
12-21-2013, 03:05 AM

His percentages will drop against better defenses? What a revelation!!

fpliii
12-21-2013, 03:09 AM
But does capitalizing on those shots and producing for your team in a highly efficient manner somehow make you an inferior player, like donkey brains is alluding to?

It most definitely does not. If LeBron struggles in the post season, similar to Peyton Manning, then let that be its own platform to be criticized. But in terms of the regular season, particularly this season, Bron is killing it.

Now, I will say this. What KD does and is doing right now offensively is more impressive. A jump shooter averaging 50% from the field scoring 29 points per game is more deserving of praise than a player that gets the majority of his points on dunks, open shots. It's why no matter how dominant Shaq's peak was, most people still consider what Jordan was able to do as a perimeter player more impressively dominant.

1) No, I don't think it necessarily does, unless you become overly dependent on these easier shots. LeBron's won his two rings largely on the strength of his post game (2012) and long jumpers (2013). Defenses will take driving, the transition game, offensive rebounding, and the three away so I think the midrange- & postgames.

2) Perhaps not, but the less predictable you are the better. Michael did the same thing...he had his most prolific scoring seasons earlier on, but he diversified his game and was a beast before his athleticism dropped (and the skills he built helped keep him dangerous on that end even past his physical prime). Same thing we're seeing with LeBron.

3) Of course he is, and his work down low is a big part of it (he's been one of the best in the league in the post this year, even though some are still ignoring this). His jumper seems kinda broken, though.

Regarding outside scoring being more impressive in general, I'm not sure about that. I don't give bonus points for degree of difficulty per se (unless, as I said before, the "easier" shots are the type that elite defenses can take away from you in the postseason), since a big part of scoring at a good clip is creating your own shots. If you're able to do so, I can't fault you. I do like KD though, definitely one of the best scorers in league history.

As for Jordan and Shaq, I'd have to disagree, though I'm a bigs guy personally. I suppose a perimeter-based game is more aesthetically pleasing (though MJ was a good slasher especially early on, and a good post-player later on, so he wasn't too far from the basket all of the time) to some, but give me the back-to-the-basket game any day (despite his underrated footwork I'll give you that Shaq was a lot of power, but Hakeem had some incredible moves). It's amazing watching those guys go to work on the block IMO.

BlackVVaves
12-21-2013, 03:11 AM
60% top 3 scoring perimeter player, yet no other top 10 scorer in the league is cracking 50%, pretty stupid.

KD is at .494. He's been at or above 50% for the last two years. He's on a stretch now shooting 58% or the like in his last 9 games. So safe to assume he'll be "cracking 50%" fairly soon.

As great as LeBron has been this year (and I think him to be the best player in the league), thusfar my MVP is KD for the monster games he has consistently been pouring in since Westbrook returned.

no pun intended
12-21-2013, 03:16 AM
LeEfficientButNotDominant

masonx20
12-21-2013, 03:19 AM
Of course 60% is possible when you have so many talented players to cover your flaws. Of course getting high assist is possible when you got pure shooters everywhere. Of course getting high PPG is possible when every foul call goes your way. Of course offense is great when you got some of the best defenders on your team. Of course winning the finals is possible when you got Wade, Allen, and Bosh to score whenever your shots start going off and when Shane Battier (the guy that always gave you problem when he was still playing with the Rockets) is now playing on your team and covering Durant or Melo to get the pressure off you. Last, of course you won't get the blame when your team loses, you are the chosen one, you are the main character in a movie, and you have so-called Lebron stans that are hired by the league and media to kiss your ass on this board so that the mass would buy into that "Lebron is the best player in the world" bullshit.

coin24
12-21-2013, 03:20 AM
* Collusion
Still a choker:oldlol:

comerb
12-21-2013, 04:14 AM
This.

He shoots a high percentage because people leave him open or dare him to shoot defense.

If he's shooting 60% that's pretty ****ing stupid then isn't it.

comerb
12-21-2013, 04:17 AM

Opportunistic players.

You're quickly becoming the most asinine poster on this forum. This is Lebron James... he has two rings, two fMVPs, a shelf full of MVPs and arguably the most dominant elimination game playoff performance in history.

BigTicket
12-21-2013, 05:13 AM
I get the feeling that Lebron is just taking it easy this year. He doesn't need to prove anything in the regular season, so he's saving his energy for the playoffs.

He's not forcing any shots, just talking what the defense gives him. That's why he's 30th in field goal attempts per game, and it is why he's shooting 60%.

If he keeps it up, it will be the most efficient scoring season in NBA history: http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=&year_max=&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&qual=&c1stat=pts_per_g&c1comp=gt&c1val=20&c2stat=ts_pct&c2comp=gt&c2val=0.65&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=ts_pct

Round Mound
12-21-2013, 05:28 AM
I get the feeling that Lebron is just taking it easy this year. He doesn't need to prove anything in the regular season, so he's saving his energy for the playoffs.

He's not forcing any shots, just talking what the defense gives him. That's why he's 30th in field goal attempts per game, and it is why he's shooting 60%.

If he keeps it up, it will be the most efficient scoring season in NBA history: http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=&year_max=&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&qual=&c1stat=pts_per_g&c1comp=gt&c1val=20&c2stat=ts_pct&c2comp=gt&c2val=0.65&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=ts_pct

Charles Barkley - "The Greatest Offensive Powerforward Ever" 4 Times Out of Those Top 10 :applause: :cheers: :rockon:
And Just Imagine if Chuck had Wade and 2nd Option and Bosh as 3rd Options in His Team? For Pick and Rolls, Open Looks, Slash-Pass-Finish, Break Feed Finishing etc? :eek: :pimp: :bowdown:

Marchesk
12-21-2013, 05:35 AM

How is Wilt's 66-67 season of 24 ppg on 68.3 FG% not in there? Ah, free throws.

Marchesk
12-21-2013, 05:36 AM
Charles Barkley - "The Greatest Offensive Powerforward Ever" 4 Times Out of Those Top 10 :applause: :cheers: :rockon:
And Just Imagine if Chuck had Wade and 2nd Option and Bosh as 3rd Options in His Team? For Pick and Rolls, Open Looks, Slash-Pass-Finish, Break Feed Finishing etc? :eek: :pimp: :bowdown:

Imagine if Chuck, Lebron and Dantley were on the same team. We should make an efficient all-time team vs chucker team and see who people think would win. I'm guessing Shaq joins the efficient team.

Mr. Incredible
12-21-2013, 06:49 AM
LeMakeTheHatersMad

sbw19
12-21-2013, 07:18 AM
Bron's shooting percentages are career-highs all across the board, give him credit for that, even though you have to take into account that he's attempt a career-low 15.1 FGA/game.

And against teams that play excellent D (Heat played Indy and Chicago twice, H&A), he's averaging just 20ppg on 45% shooting while going 2-2. Good but not great.

Durant meanwhile is averaging 34ppg against those teams on 63% shooting and going 2-0.

xoracle55
12-21-2013, 07:26 AM
You sound like an idiot. The point of the game is to put the ball in the basket and points on the board. But no, let's not be opportunistic, let's not take open shots, let's not take high percentage shots. Because, that makes so much ****ing sense.

You're such an outrageous troll that, for the third time, I'm certain you're a puppet account playing the role as Kobe worshipper to stir more distaste towards Bryant.
M

Bingo!

We have a winner!

pauk
12-21-2013, 07:28 AM
This.

Poor 9er, that excuse would work only if you are talking about Steve Kerr or something...... but not the perimeter player who is guarded more relentlessly than anybody in the league averaging at least 25 ppg....

K Xerxes
12-21-2013, 08:41 AM
Am I the only one who thinks this could bite him in the ass come playoff time?

I mean, fair enough in the regular season you want to do something special given that you've pretty much already booked yourself in the ECF without doing anything. I can understand that he wants to have a historic shooting season from that standpoint as the regular season is probably boring him to death now.

But by refusing all these jumpshots, will he be ready to take them in the playoffs? Because last year it took him 6 games into the NBA finals to figure out that the only way for the Heat to win is to take and make those wide open shots he's given. This time they may not be so lucky to have a game 7 if he doesn't start doing it consistently

He's shooting 60%, not because he's not taking contested jumpshots, he's literally not taking any midrange shots, except maybe 1 or 2 per game. will he by in rhythm when it's needed?

Lol, PG is getting so annoyingly overrated these days. Even taking out passing, he is not close to LeBron. The only aspects of the game he can claim to be better at is 3 point shooting and man defense. That's it. LeBron is a superior player even taking out passing and facilitating an offense.

Let PG catch up to Durant (who practically embarrassed him in their last matchup) before he even thinks about Bron.

Human Error
12-21-2013, 09:14 AM
ISH, where retarded posters rate guys who shoot contested fadeaway jumpers on multiple defenders higher than guys who play smart and efficient basketball.

pegasus
12-21-2013, 12:43 PM
Of course 60% is possible when you have so many talented players to cover your flaws. Of course getting high assist is possible when you got pure shooters everywhere. Of course getting high PPG is possible when every foul call goes your way. Of course offense is great when you got some of the best defenders on your team. Of course winning the finals is possible when you got Wade, Allen, and Bosh to score whenever your shots start going off and when Shane Battier (the guy that always gave you problem when he was still playing with the Rockets) is now playing on your team and covering Durant or Melo to get the pressure off you. Last, of course you won't get the blame when your team loses, you are the chosen one, you are the main character in a movie, and you have so-called Lebron stans that are hired by the league and media to kiss your ass on this board so that the mass would buy into that "Lebron is the best player in the world" bullshit.
This. Lebron and Miami's style of play is to maximize Lebron's stats, not his team's success. That's why they barely won the last two chips despite having more talent that any of their two opponents combined.

VIntageNOvel
12-21-2013, 12:52 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this could bite him in the ass come playoff time?

I mean, fair enough in the regular season you want to do something special given that you've pretty much already booked yourself in the ECF without doing anything. I can understand that he wants to have a historic shooting season from that standpoint as the regular season is probably boring him to death now.

But by refusing all these jumpshots, will he be ready to take them in the playoffs? Because last year it took him 6 games into the NBA finals to figure out that the only way for the Heat to win is to take and make those wide open shots he's given. This time they may not be so lucky to have a game 7 if he doesn't start doing it consistently

He's shooting 60%, not because he's not taking contested jumpshots, he's literally not taking any midrange shots, except maybe 1 or 2 per game. will he by in rhythm when it's needed?

Lol, PG is getting so annoyingly overrated these days. Even taking out passing, he is not close to LeBron. The only aspects of the game he can claim to be better at is 3 point shooting and man defense. That's it. LeBron is a superior player even taking out passing and facilitating an offense.

Let PG catch up to Durant (who practically embarrassed him in their last matchup) before he even thinks about Bron.

lebron without excellent passing/court vision is basically iguodala,
just like kobe without reliable long jumper = rudy gay

without passing you take out one of his best weapon,
team can double him without worry

youre underestimating how important is passing,
and yes, thats what differs bron from the like of george and durant

KingBeasley08
12-21-2013, 01:01 PM
Best player since Jordan

derb2k2
12-21-2013, 01:03 PM
You're quickly becoming the most asinine poster on this forum. This is Lebron James... he has two rings, two fMVPs, a shelf full of MVPs and arguably the most dominant elimination game playoff performance in history.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :rockon: :rockon:

HoopsFanNumero1
12-21-2013, 01:07 PM
Hilarious how people keep saying Lebron's averaging high assists because of all the shooters around him as if he hasn't always averaged the same amount of assists, even in Cleveland.

Marchesk
12-21-2013, 01:08 PM
Best player since Jordan

Shaq and Duncan might have something to say about that. Peak Shaq > peak Lebron in terms of impact. Duncan has the overall career resume on Lebron to date.

Marchesk
12-21-2013, 01:09 PM
Hilarious how people keep saying Lebron's averaging high assists because of all the shooters around him as if he hasn't always averaged the same amount of assists, even in Cleveland.

He also averages high assists because he dominates the ball so much. But he has great vision, and it works out well for his teams.

HoopsFanNumero1
12-21-2013, 01:11 PM
He also averages high assists because he dominates the ball so much. But he has great vision, and it works out well for his teams.

Of course. I'm just talking about the people that act like he didn't average high assists before Miami got Ray Allen and other shooters.

Nash
12-21-2013, 02:01 PM
Difference between Lebron and the rest of this leagues players is very simple. It's not like he's an alien or has skills that players never had before, the reason is this:
Lebron knows what shots to avoid and what attempts to go for. If you give him 1inch for 1 second he will score and punish you for it before you know what the hell just happened.

moe94
12-21-2013, 04:49 PM
lebron without excellent passing/court vision is basically iguodala

Literally the most retarded statement in this entire thread full of asinine posts. :facepalm

As great as LeBron has been this year (and I think him to be the best player in the league), thusfar my MVP is KD for the monster games he has consistently been pouring in since Westbrook returned.

Give an MVP to a player who went off because another player came back?

Durant really should win it, though

K Xerxes
12-21-2013, 04:51 PM
lebron without excellent passing/court vision is basically iguodala,
just like kobe without reliable long jumper = rudy gay

Yeah, I'm done.

zoom17
12-21-2013, 07:53 PM
Difference between Lebron and the rest of this leagues players is very simple. It's not like he's an alien or has skills that players never had before, the reason is this:
Lebron knows what shots to avoid and what attempts to go for. If you give him 1inch for 1 second he will score and punish you for it before you know what the hell just happened.

:applause: Smart player

STATUTORY
12-21-2013, 07:57 PM

them a lot of fancy exposition to glorify cherry picking and risk averse shot selection

moe94
12-21-2013, 08:00 PM
them a lot of fancy exposition to glorify cherry picking and risk averse shot selection

What does that even mean? You literally have no real argument or criticism against LeBron at this point. You are effectively clowning the idea that he finds the easiest shot possible, which really should be the entire point of the game, no? Or are you impressed with contested shots between 3 defenders at the 3 point line? You sound like a casual. A casual child. :confusedshrug:

Round Mound
12-21-2013, 08:01 PM
Imagine if Chuck, Lebron and Dantley were on the same team. We should make an efficient all-time team vs chucker team and see who people think would win. I'm guessing Shaq joins the efficient team.

:applause:

SpecialQue
12-21-2013, 08:01 PM
What an age we live in. A perimeter player, one who dominates with his exceedingly brilliant passing ability and his near genius defensive prowess is now ending basketball as we once knew it. A perimeter player is shooting 60 percent. What an unfathomable accomplishment. We have watched him conquer this sport before but his level of domination is bordering on cartoonish. We are all grateful to live in the age of LeBron James and those who lack the sufficient level of gratitude can only be referred to as sad, helpless creatures.

Wow.

Not for Lebron (who admittedly is killing it this season), but at the level of fanboyism in this post. This rivals that "How Great is Our God" Kobe video that someone made.

moe94
12-21-2013, 08:03 PM
Wow.

Not for Lebron (who admittedly is killing it this season), but at the level of fanboyism in this post. This rivals that "How Great is Our God" Kobe video that someone made.

He's not serious nor is that Kobe video. It's for effect. At least that's how I read it.

NumberSix
12-21-2013, 08:06 PM
People have a misconception of what LeBron is. They think he's a PF with other skills. He's not.

What he really is, is a freakishly large PG. He has the same speed, athleticism, court vision and passing skills as a PG. His large size just allows him to be better at rebounding, defense and getting to the rim than normal sized PGs.

knicksman
12-21-2013, 08:10 PM
well this could also mean being on pace to beating wilts record of highest dropoff in finals

SpecialQue
12-21-2013, 08:11 PM
He's not serious nor is that Kobe video. It's for effect. At least that's how I read it.

Considering some of the shit that gets posted here, it's getting really hard to tell.

STATUTORY
12-21-2013, 08:34 PM
What does that even mean? You literally have no real argument or criticism against LeBron at this point. You are effectively clowning the idea that he finds the easiest shot possible, which really should be the entire point of the game, no? Or are you impressed with contested shots between 3 defenders at the 3 point line? You sound like a casual. A casual child. :confusedshrug:

I'm saying its easy to compile efficiency stats while bottom feeding in the regular season by taking what the defense gives you, being an opportunistic scorer. But when it comes the playoffs and the defense clamps down, there are fewer of those opportunities to be found and you need to impose your will on the defense. Create shots where there weren't any good ones, so yes hitting contested jumpers. That's what wins championships, not getting easy layups and dunks cause defense fell asleep in a regular season game midway through the season

TheMarkMadsen
12-21-2013, 08:34 PM
Yes this is kinda true. Lebron's inhuman first step and explosion forces many defenders to back off of him and give him an open jump shot.

Lebron has an average first step..at best

:biggums:

STATUTORY
12-21-2013, 08:36 PM
Lebron has an average first step..at best

:biggums:
exactly, even in cleveland years he was almost an exclusively pick and roll scorer. rarely beat his defender in iso. Guy is one of the most pedestrian iso superstar in history.

TheMarkMadsen
12-21-2013, 08:39 PM
exactly, even in cleveland years he was almost an exclusively pick and roll scorer. rarely beat his defender in iso. Guy is one of the most pedestrian iso superstar in history.

Don't know about that last part but yeah he's never been known for having an explosive first step

pegasus
12-21-2013, 08:40 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :facepalm

Can you tell us what happened when the Spurs gave Lebron all the inches in the world for all the seconds in the shot clock?

poido123
12-21-2013, 08:41 PM

Can you tell us what happened when the Spurs gave Lebron all the inches in the world for all the seconds in the shot clock?

:lol

KyrieTheFuture
12-21-2013, 08:48 PM

Yea they lost in the Finals. Clearly wasn't a good strategy.

Blue&Orange
12-21-2013, 09:20 PM
Last year "perimeter" player that shot less than Lebron from the perimeter:

http://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibtimes.com/files/styles/picture_this/public/2013/02/14/elaine-alden-landry-fields.jpg

and yes if you post a pic of Landry without his girlfriend you are gay.

Bandito
12-21-2013, 09:30 PM
Yea they lost in the Finals. Clearly wasn't a good strategy.
THey lost one game due to that strategy. THe other games they lost were due to the stacked team beating them.

plowking
12-22-2013, 12:08 AM

The Heat won the finals with Lebron winning FMVP.

poido123
12-22-2013, 12:21 AM

I swear you look up every negative post on Lebron and defend him :oldlol:

NumberSix
12-22-2013, 01:17 AM
True story.

zoom17
12-22-2013, 01:24 AM
I swear you look up every negative post on Lebron and defend him :oldlol:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Lebron23
12-22-2013, 08:45 AM

This

Pega$hit nearly killed himself after Lebron won his 2nd NBA Finals MVP.

Nash
12-22-2013, 08:51 AM

eh, a back to back finals MVP and championship was what happened..

..with a 37 point game 7.

Marchesk
12-22-2013, 10:24 AM

And it was real close to there being no game 7, but okay give props where they are due. But lettuce not pretend like James didn't struggle for the majority of that series, and the Spurs didn't choke it away in game 6.

Bandito
12-22-2013, 10:39 AM

And what happened 6 games prior to that one bub?

AintNoSunshine
12-22-2013, 12:10 PM

He scored 37 going 5/10 for 3's and won the back to back championship while being the unanimous FMVP? :roll:

coin24
12-22-2013, 02:26 PM

Ok pauk :oldlol:

DonDadda59
12-22-2013, 02:38 PM
epic to say the least. the MVP could be his even if his PPG aren't as good as Durant's.

I think Durant wins MVP this year even if Lebron should. Same thing that happened to Jordan in his prime- voter fatigue, people will be looking for any slight reason to vote for another guy just to mix things up. Should provide extra motivation for Bron to embarrass him in the finals should they meet.

secund2nun
12-22-2013, 02:42 PM
25/11/7 game 7 hero finals MVP.....some on here still burn at the thought of it :lol