PDA

View Full Version : Raptors will make the playoffs

AKADS
12-14-2013, 09:48 PM
After the gay trade they have looked good. Demar and Amir look to be playing smar and passing really well. Jonas has played well.

I am not much of a Raptors fan but in the East and the way they have played after the trade they should make it.

35 wins most likely gets u a 7 or 8 seed this year

avonbarksdale
12-14-2013, 09:50 PM
yeah but theyre getting rid of lowry

moe94
12-14-2013, 09:52 PM
I hate Toronto and every move they make.

cos88
12-14-2013, 11:07 PM
i dont like teams tanking in general but they absolutely should do it this year. a 7th, 8th seed will mean 4 game sweep by pacers or miami. look at bucks last year, what did that playoff experience got them??

Qwyjibo
12-15-2013, 12:04 AM
If they make the playoffs as a low seed (and they will lose quickly in the 1st round) then there is very little hope for the future of this team and Ujiri completely failed in his first year as GM.

That would be enough for me to stop watching this team.

Fresh Kid
12-15-2013, 12:06 AM
maybe cuz tha east iz definitely garbage:rolleyes: :facepalm

zoom17
12-15-2013, 12:39 AM

a knicks fan is talking about garbage:oldlol:

Fresh Kid
12-15-2013, 12:46 AM
a knicks fan is talking about garbage:oldlol:
How long were u a cheat fan? 3 years?:lol c'mon scrub you gotta come better than dat:oldlol:

zoom17
12-15-2013, 01:01 AM
How long were u a cheat fan? 3 years?:lol c'mon scrub you gotta come better than dat:oldlol:

Just like Melo said Knicks you guys are the joke of the league:oldlol:

Legends66NBA7
12-15-2013, 01:07 AM
Better make the most of it if they make it.

Fresh Kid
12-15-2013, 01:07 AM
Just like Melo said Knicks you guys are the joke of the league:oldlol:
not after tonight bitch:D and Lebron and tha cheat are tha jokes of tha league:lol all them stacked playerz they have and they cant have a better record than tha damn indiana overraterz:roll:

Sarcastic
12-15-2013, 01:42 AM
Take Felton for Lowry straight up, and you will miss the playoffs. Get off the crack and stop asking for a pick or a young player.

Qwyjibo
12-15-2013, 02:17 AM
Take Felton for Lowry straight up, and you will miss the playoffs. Get off the crack and stop asking for a pick or a young player.
Trade would get rejected for basketball reasons. You might as well just buy out Lowry and not have to take on trash like Felton.

D.J.
12-15-2013, 02:20 AM
The East is so weak we can't even rule out the Bucks.

Sarcastic
12-15-2013, 02:26 AM
Trade would get rejected for basketball reasons. You might as well just buy out Lowry and not have to take on trash like Felton.

Felton will make you lose games, which is the ultimate goal this year - getting lottery pick.

hawkfan
12-15-2013, 02:59 AM
If they make the playoffs as a low seed (and they will lose quickly in the 1st round) then there is very little hope for the future of this team and Ujiri completely failed in his first year as GM.

Then the Raptors need to go ahead and get rid of as much talent as possible and get picks in return.

hawkfan Trade Scenario (where amazing happens):

Hawks get

Amir Johnson (expirer)

Raptors get

Louis Williams
2nd round pick

The Hawks get another big for the front court, needed since Elton Brand is hurt and needs to retire. Horford-Johnson-Millsap is a nice front court with a lot of energy.

The Raptors make their front court worse, get Williams (who is talented, but can be moved out again), and a 2nd round pick.

kmart
12-15-2013, 03:23 AM
I think Ujiri wants future assets like a first round pick or a young player that can help this team in the future. He's not just going to trade away players for nothing.

hawkfan
12-15-2013, 03:27 AM
I think Ujiri wants future assets like a first round pick or a young player that can help this team in the future. He's not just going to trade away players for nothing.

If he does that, this team will continue to win.
There is talent on this roster.
The Raptors are playing better without Gay, with Johnson and DeRozan both stepping up. Johnson is turning into a solid veteran - sometimes bigs take time to develop, and it did for him. But right now he has become a good player.

kmart
12-15-2013, 03:32 AM
If he does that, this team will continue to win.
There is talent on this roster.
The Raptors are playing better without Gay, with Johnson and DeRozan both stepping up. Johnson is turning into a solid veteran - sometimes bigs take time to develop, and it did for him. But right now he has become a good player.

Such a big dilemma for him :oldlol:

I agree. Amir is a solid asset and same with Lowry. I wouldn't want him to ship away his players for absolutely nothing though.

Lowry and Amir easily gets you decent young assets, if the Raps are patient.

kamil
12-15-2013, 03:55 AM
Not hard to make the playoffs in the East...

Ass Dan
12-15-2013, 06:36 AM
I feel so sorry for anyone who has to support that team.

They are the worst ever.

Zan Tabak
12-15-2013, 12:19 PM
When we want them to win, they lose. When we want them to lose, they win. This is a very hard team to be a fan of. :facepalm

The GM needs to start making some more moves or this team will be stuck in no-mans land for a looooong time.

mans1ay3r
12-15-2013, 12:23 PM
You know you're the lowest of the low garbage if you can't make the playoffs in the east.

HylianNightmare
12-15-2013, 01:03 PM
yeah they need to start handing out some dnp cd's on derozan lowry and anyne else good to semi decent on that team if they want wiggins

Nash
12-15-2013, 01:08 PM
there is no way you are real, no way, can't be.

Legends66NBA7
12-15-2013, 02:28 PM
When we want them to win, they lose.

Sure. :oldlol:

When was this ? Carter and Bosh era ?

CelticBaller
12-15-2013, 02:29 PM
If Rondo gets traded and Jeff Green goes down maybe

magictricked
12-15-2013, 02:57 PM
You know you're the lowest of the low garbage if you can't make the playoffs in the east.

There are teams in the east that will make the playoffs on accident

kurple
12-15-2013, 02:59 PM

you should be ashamed of yourself

give the young guys some ****ing credit

D.J.
12-15-2013, 03:28 PM
There are teams in the east that will make the playoffs on accident

Which very well may be the Bobcats and Pistons this year.

Qwyjibo
12-15-2013, 03:36 PM
you should be ashamed of yourself

give the young guys some ****ing credit
I'm not bashing the players. I'm bashing the management for, possibly, having a flawed plan going forward.

I like Lowry and Amir a lot. Very solid players. But I hope both are traded. Neither will be important to the Raptors if/when they becoming a legit contending team down the road. I'm also eating some crow on Derozan since he's playing better than I thought he would. But they are what they are. I'd be surprised if anyone on the current Raptors roster ever makes an All-Star team. Maybe Jonas, I guess.

In the end, I'd rather have a winning team than a likable one.

Zan Tabak
12-15-2013, 04:29 PM
Sure. :oldlol:

When was this ? Carter and Bosh era ?

yep

MiseryCityTexas
12-15-2013, 05:04 PM
After the gay trade they have looked good. Demar and Amir look to be playing smar and passing really well. Jonas has played well.

I am not much of a Raptors fan but in the East and the way they have played after the trade they should make it.

35 wins most likely gets u a 7 or 8 seed every year

lol this is more like it.

hawkfan
12-15-2013, 05:28 PM
I'm not bashing the players. I'm bashing the management for, possibly, having a flawed plan going forward.

I like Lowry and Amir a lot. Very solid players. But I hope both are traded. Neither will be important to the Raptors if/when they becoming a legit contending team down the road. I'm also eating some crow on Derozan since he's playing better than I thought he would. But they are what they are. I'd be surprised if anyone on the current Raptors roster ever makes an All-Star team. Maybe Jonas, I guess.

In the end, I'd rather have a winning team than a likable one.

The longer they keep these guys on the roster, the more games they win, the more it hurts the Raptors drafting going forward.

It's time to sell. And waiting for the best deal will do nothing but push the Raptors in the middle of the draft order.

Other teams know this, so the Raptors don't have leverage.

To tank or not to tank - that is the question.

Droid101
12-15-2013, 05:31 PM
Raptors are one of three teams in the East with a positive +/- on the season. Yikes.

Qwyjibo
12-15-2013, 05:34 PM
The longer they keep these guys on the roster, the more games they win, the more it hurts the Raptors drafting going forward.

It's time to sell. And waiting for the best deal will do nothing but push the Raptors in the middle of the draft order.

Other teams know this, so the Raptors don't have leverage.

To tank or not to tank - that is the question.
I'm not sure that's the case. I truly don't believe that any mangement in the NBA has a "we must get rid of these guys because we are too good!" mentality. It's more what some of us pro-tank fans think.

The other thing is that if they decide to trade guys like Amir and Derozan, there will be more than one team interested. If a team is interested but holds out, some other team might swoop in and get them instead. The risk goes both ways.

hawkfan
12-15-2013, 05:41 PM
I'm not sure that's the case. I truly don't believe that any mangement in the NBA has a "we must get rid of these guys because we are too good!" mentality. It's more what some of us pro-tank fans think.

The other thing is that if they decide to trade guys like Amir and Derozan, there will be more than one team interested. If a team is interested but holds out, some other team might swoop in and get them instead. The risk goes both ways.

1. Amir Johnson is a good player, and a young big on the rise who is entering his prime. He will get a lot of calls.

But he is also going to be a free agent and teams will have the chance to bid on him there. It's a risk for a team to send out a pick for a guy who will leave in the summer.

2. DeRozan is the perfect example of a guy getting a big contract from a team that needed to fill its salary cap minimum. He's a good player, but he hasn't shown he is worth the contract he has been given. Are there other players who are as talented who can be had for less money? Yes.

But the other guys who are very tradeable are Novak, Hansbrough, Patterson and Hayes. Collectively that's around 17 million in salary cap space, so those guys need to go now. Those guys would be easier to move and still have the effect of gutting the roster of bench talent, making it harder for the Raptors to win.

Patrick Patterson to the Hawks for Jared Cunningham (expirer). The Raptors get worse, save 3 million in cap space next year, while the Hawks get another young big for depth (he can take Brand's spot in the rotation).

Qwyjibo
12-15-2013, 05:51 PM
Amir has a team option for next year at $7 million. At that price, it's a guaranteed to be picked up by whatever team he's on.

I have no clue what Derozan's value might be on the trade market. He's upped his production from previous years but it's a small sample so far this year. That's why I don't even speculate on him. No clue how the Raptors value him for their future plans and no idea how other teams view him. If I had to bet money, I'd say he doesn't get traded.

hawkfan
12-15-2013, 05:53 PM
Amir has a team option for next year at $7 million. Guaranteed to be picked up by whatever team he's on.

I have no clue what Derozan's value might be on the trade market. He's upped his production from previous years but it's a small sample so far this year. That's why I don't even speculate on him. No clue how the Raptors value him for their future plans and no idea how other teams view him. If I had to bet money, I'd say he doesn't get traded.

Then the Raptors can move out the other guys on the roster, deplete the depth and lose - there are tradeable contracts with guys lower on the depth chart.

Eric Cartman
12-15-2013, 07:31 PM
The Raptors should just willingly swap their record with the Knicks or Nets.

FreezingTsmoove
12-15-2013, 08:10 PM
i dont like teams tanking in general but they absolutely should do it this year. a 7th, 8th seed will mean 4 game sweep by pacers or miami. look at bucks last year, what did that playoff experience got them??

I agree look at the 2011 pacers and grizz what good did the playoff experience do?

Brokenbeat
12-15-2013, 08:20 PM
Raptors are one of three teams in the East with a positive +/- on the season. Yikes.

Pretty sure that was prophesized about in the Bible:

Revelations 22:5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Obviously talking about Toronto. :eek:

AKADS
12-22-2013, 10:38 PM
These guys are really playing well as a team.

How big of a win would this game be. A win at OKC

Qwyjibo
12-22-2013, 10:39 PM
This season is slowly and hilariously turning into a complete disaster for the Raptors.

A repeat of the 06/07 season where the Raptors won an awful division and thought they were actually a good team. Reality will be a bitch over the next 2 years when the lower East teams reload with superstar talent in the draft.

:facepalm

hawkfan
12-23-2013, 02:14 AM
This season is slowly and hilariously turning into a complete disaster for the Raptors.

A repeat of the 06/07 season where the Raptors won an awful division and thought they were actually a good team. Reality will be a bitch over the next 2 years when the lower East teams reload with superstar talent in the draft.

:facepalm

To tank or not to tank, that is the question.

hawkfan
12-23-2013, 02:16 AM
These guys are really playing well as a team.

How big of a win would this game be. A win at OKC

Amir Johnson is turning himself into a good, solid power forward - 17 and 13. Nice.

red1
12-23-2013, 02:38 AM
Draft night is going to be a very painful experience this year

poido123
12-23-2013, 02:50 AM
Draft night is going to be a very painful experience this year

I was hoping Raptors could get Wiggins. Hard to see that happening now, perhaps a trade soon?

red1
12-23-2013, 02:53 AM
I was hoping Raptors could get Wiggins. Hard to see that happening now, perhaps a trade soon?
Tis all but impossible now, just too many garbage teams in the league for that to happen

poido123
12-23-2013, 03:09 AM
Tis all but impossible now, just too many garbage teams in the league for that to happen

Yeah. You can add our 'no offense' team to that list...

I do like that you guys got a half decent GM and don't have that Colangelo guy anymore. Hopefully a change to the coach too, I think he sucks.

AKADS
01-08-2014, 09:52 PM
Bump

researcher
01-08-2014, 10:36 PM
Bump
Unless something unthinkable happens like another trade or 2 or 3 key injuries we are going to the playoffs this year

lpublic_enemyl
01-08-2014, 10:40 PM
rather be a bandwagon heat fan than a knicks fan any day

gyu
01-09-2014, 04:23 PM

I hate this mentality. So pretty much anyone from 6th to 8th seed in both conferences should tank instead cuz chances are they won't make it out of the first round.

MMM
01-09-2014, 04:32 PM
I hate this mentality. So pretty much anyone from 6th to 8th seed in both conferences should tank instead cuz chances are they won't make it out of the first round.

Well the Raps ain't going to be a low seed. Plus they are actually playing tight with the top east team. That type of confidence can be big for a young team going forward. I mean if the Pacers are a title contender than how far are the Raps relatively. The Pacers were sort of a treadmill team for a while but playoff experience really brought the best out of them, especially PG. Don't see why any young East team can't follow the same path. The raps, wiz or even the hornets could be where the Pacers are in a season or two.

MMM
01-09-2014, 05:05 PM
Double post

avonbarksdale
01-09-2014, 05:12 PM
really hope they make it 4th seed so they can potentially make the 2nd round

Qwyjibo
01-09-2014, 05:24 PM
Not if your team has a higher potential ceiling. But if it looks like that's the best you're going to do over the next several years then yeah. This is where my opinion differs from other Raptors fans. I personally don't think this current core of players can be a legit contender.

That's assuming that your management and ownership actually care much about being a contender though. As long as the team is making money, they probably don't give a damn if the team stays mediocre.